Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Add Reply
> Winx Club Info site
Tiny Dragon
post Jul 13 2009, 2:01 AM
Post #1

Mythix Fairy

Group: Members

I was wondering if anyone was interested in building a Winx Club info site with me.

I know there is people out there that are trying to get the Winx Club wikia up and working but I want a sight that only a few select people (not the whole world) can edit and build onto.

And when I say info site I mean info site. We would break down everything. In depth pages for all the characters we could find. Break down the episodes and movie. Compare the Rai and 4Kids. Find all the errors! This would be a massive website!

So I was wondering if anyone would like to help me.

And what kind of website should we build this on? I am leaning towards Livejournal but that is because I am so use to LJ and the coding there. But LJ really isn't the best site for a website. It is after all more of a journal then anything.

Anyone?

--------------------
Go to the top of the page
humbu111
post Jul 13 2009, 2:16 AM
Post #2

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Former Staff

This post has been edited by humbu111: Jul 13 2009, 7:54 AM

--------------------

Credits to Bre for the forum set, and Ditty/Esca for the userbar :D

sailormoon846212
post Jul 13 2009, 7:37 AM
Post #3

Believix Fairy

I have videos on my piczo site that compare 4kids and Rai from seasons 1-3. I found these on youtube, check it out. Also check out the rest of my site. I try to update as often as I can. If anyone has an account, please add me as a friend. Thanks!

http://winxgeneration0627.piczo.com/winxcl...p;st=0&cr=3 (Season One)

http://winxgeneration0627.piczo.com/winxcl...p;st=0&cr=3 (Season Two)

http://winxgeneration0627.piczo.com/winxcl...p;st=0&cr=3 (Season Three)

icon_smile.gif icon_smile.gif icon_smile.gif icon_smile.gif icon_smile.gif

--------------------
wkw427
post Jul 13 2009, 10:53 AM
Post #4

Cosmix Fairy

I'd be willing to contribute. Once the season 3 download links come up I'm going to rewatch the rai version.

However if you want to make something uber-detailed like Tecna mentioning what a type of plant is, I'm not going to help. Redundant information is not fun to collect.

--------------------
A.K.A. BANJOGATE

Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

I give my sincerest apologies if anything that I have mentioned in a post or image by me or relating to me, any word, ASCII character, vowel or constant is to be considered offensive in your native tongue. If it is, remember you're on the internet.
Zydron
post Aug 15 2009, 11:45 PM
Post #5

Believix Fairy

If the project is still open, I like to help.

I have expereince with creating huge content managemend systems and commerce systems. I'm a PHP programmer.
I can even host the site, because I'm an employee by a hosting company.

Further I have experience with video sites, so streaming Winx Club episodes and other videos related to it should not be a problem (only if Rainbow comes, it can be a problem).
--I'm busy cloning 4kidstv.com (not the content but site mechanism)
Administrator
post Aug 16 2009, 5:03 AM
Post #6

Mythix Fairy
Group Icon

Group: Site Admins

QUOTE (Zydron @ Aug 16 2009, 07:45 AM) *
I have expereince with creating huge content managemend systems and commerce systems. I'm a PHP programmer.

MediaWiki, anyone?

QUOTE (Zydron @ Aug 16 2009, 07:45 AM) *
Further I have experience with video sites, so streaming Winx Club episodes and other videos related to it should not be a problem (only if Rainbow comes, it can be a problem).

No problem*.

* does not include legal, bandwidth, storage, distribution, load and downtime problems

--------------------
mcfo...@live.com
Winx4eva!
post Aug 16 2009, 6:27 AM
Post #7

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Honor Members

I am willing to give a hand.

I could make graphics xD

--------------------

--- www.mishiiheart.blogspot.com ---
Zydron
post Aug 16 2009, 10:18 AM
Post #8

Believix Fairy

In my opinion mediawiki or any other open source cms system is not so good.

I like more custom build systems, with the features that we want, like a wiki based system for editting pages (but not with way to much junk), en maybe video's so that we don't relay on YouTube or any other american company, cause I don't like there way of copyright law inforcement.

I have respect for Rainbow S.p.A. if they want content removing, but not for 4Kids with there "amaricanising" (or something), they screw the shows a lot.
But there are something good about 4Kids, they CAN make good music, but European and Japanese studios can that also.

Bandwith is not a problem, I have my own server in Roubaix, france.
currently it hosts my content delivery system (for video's)
100Mbit flatfree (32 TB per month)
only storage can be a problem, but it use flv video files
and rough a 180/200 MB episode of 24 minutes will become something around 60/70 MB
Another Morning
post Aug 17 2009, 3:43 AM
Post #9

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Honor Members

I could be of some help when it comes to 4kids info =D I'm in the process of re-watching all the seasons so most of the info is still fresh in my mind.

--------------------
RIP Falicia (AngelDarkstorm, Anime-Princess) :: 01/19/1990 - 05/25/2013 :: I love you, Sisser.

"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying." ~Oscar Wilde
Administrator
post Aug 17 2009, 2:51 PM
Post #10

Mythix Fairy
Group Icon

QUOTE (Zydron @ Aug 16 2009, 06:18 PM) *
In my opinion mediawiki or any other open source cms system is not so good.

In what aspects do you think open source CMS is not so good? I'm not against your plans, I'm just interested in what your opinion is.

QUOTE (Zydron @ Aug 16 2009, 06:18 PM) *
I like more custom build systems, with the features that we want, like a wiki based system for editting pages (but not with way to much junk), en maybe video's so that we don't relay on YouTube or any other american company, cause I don't like there way of copyright law inforcement.

Problem with coding your own script is that your back will hurt (alright, it probably won't if you take short breaks but programming is sometimes so addictive that you forgot to do that icon_razz.gif ).

--------------------
mcfo...@live.com
Zydron
post Aug 17 2009, 3:43 PM
Post #11

Believix Fairy

Well first I have the NIH Syndrome. (only this is not the reason icon_razz.gif)

Well in my opinion open source systems are way to complex and however they have a feature rich design, it is allmost all junk that you don't use.

I have created a content managemend system that was only one php file. It was easy and not complex, because the php code for the site and admin where stored in the database and only used when requested and not included before the system knows what to do!

further I am currently making a Control Panel for webhosting providers. I know there are software that can do this, Like Plesk, cPanel and DirectAdmin, but if you create your own software, you are free with wat you want!
In case of the web hosting cp, it will become a multi server system that works with huge clusters.
Only private CP's can that!
So we can make a wiki system with some video channels, and use the wiki as background information for the video's or something that way and with an easy code design. And we can implement every layout that we want, because we are not strict to a layout, like MediaWiki does!

And if Administrator allow it, we can even use the user database of this forum (if the admin will install some api scripts that handle that icon_smile.gif) next to a standalone user database.
Only thing is then I must know which IPB version this forum works with.
Administrator
post Aug 18 2009, 11:00 AM
Post #12

Mythix Fairy
Group Icon

QUOTE (Zydron @ Aug 17 2009, 11:43 PM) *
And if Administrator allow it, we can even use the user database of this forum (if the admin will install some api scripts that handle that icon_smile.gif) next to a standalone user database.

IPB does have (very limited) XML-RPC support. If you need a API user or more APIs, just contact me, we may come up something.

--------------------
mcfo...@live.com
Zydron
post Aug 18 2009, 1:54 PM
Post #13

Believix Fairy

Well I have somewhere some custom api's for invision power board 2, and they work very good :)

Only thing, do you use version 2 or version 3?
Administrator
post Aug 19 2009, 10:34 AM
Post #14

Mythix Fairy
Group Icon

Obviously version 2 because of its ugly HTML, CSS and JS (yuck!). And there's no friendly URLs either.

Add Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 7:52 AM