11 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Add Reply
> *Rp Team Competition, Rules inside
Another Morning
post Jun 2 2008, 6:11 AM
Post #1

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Honor Members

Alright, while I was away being devoured by school, an idea struck me. This is something we do on another board I'm on, and it's pretty fun. Here, we shall call it:

THE RP TEAM COMPETITION! *DRAMATIC MUSIC*

To enter, gather a team of 2-4 people and start an RP! :D Once you've determined who will be on your team, make a post in this topic stating all your team members and the name of your RP, then make a topic for it in the Role Playing board. And then RP lots and lots! At the end of August, we'll make a poll of all the qualifying RPs and people can vote on which team did the best!

Of course, this is a competition, so there are some rules:
1. Once you have your team, that's it. No adding more members (even if you have under four) or substitutions. If one person stops being active in the RP, you've got to figure out a way to carry on without them!
2. You can be on as many teams as you want, but don't stretch yourself out too far. Don't disappoint fellow team members by joining more RPs than you can keep up with and letting them go inactive.
3. If an RP topic goes TWO WEEKS with no in-character posts, it is disqualified. You can keep the RP going if you want, but it will no longer be in consideration for the final poll.
4. RPs can be about anything you want! I know the tradition is Winx, and you're welcome to make an RP based in the Winx-verse, but you aren't limited to it. You can base it in another fandom if you want, or make your own original world. The RP can be a serious might and magic D&D style game, or about flying plaid moon dinosaurs, whatever keeps people posting!
5. All RPing must be done on the board. I know some people have other people's IMs or whatever, but you have to post any in-character stuff in your RP topic so people reading it can keep up with the story.
6. If they want, a team can drop out of the competition at any time. That doesn't mean you can't keep playing your game if you want, but you won't be included in the final poll. Should you choose to drop out, a representative from the team should make an official post about it here. A team can drop out for any reason, be it too much school work or they just don't want to take part in the competition anymore. The decision should be a team decision, though, so make sure you're all in agreement first.
7. Team members can consist of anybody willing to participate.

If I remember any rules I might have forgotten, I'll add them to the list later. There will probably be voting-specific rules once the poll comes out. Any questions you have throughout the competition concerning the rules should be directed to me in this topic. Anime Princess will be helping me out with keeping things running smoothly, so if you can't reach me, ask her. ^.^

In the final poll, RPs will be judged on how active they were, how creative the players were, how much the storyline was furthered, etc. Keep all those things in mind when you're posting!

After the competition is over, all RPs started are free game. If you want to end it, end it. If you want to keep going, keep going. You can [attempt] keep it closed to only the original team or open it up for anybody to join, it doesn't matter. Challenge rules don't apply anymore after the winner is determined.

THE DEADLINE FOR ENTRY WILL BE TWO WEEKS AFTER THIS TOPIC IS POSTED (SUNDAY, JUNE 15)! As soon as your team enters and makes the RP topic, you can begin posting! You can use this topic to make a team or PM/IM people or whatever..

So that's what my brain was cooking up while I was supposed to be reading about Thomas Biddle or doing systems of equations. :D Anybody interested?

--------------------
RIP Falicia (AngelDarkstorm, Anime-Princess) :: 01/19/1990 - 05/25/2013 :: I love you, Sisser.

"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying." ~Oscar Wilde
Go to the top of the page
Anime Princess
post Jun 2 2008, 6:15 AM
Post #2

Cosmix Fairy

*pokes sisser* i'm on your team ^_^

--------------------

Sorry i just think its better off this way

Another Morning
post Jun 2 2008, 6:34 AM
Post #3

Cosmix Fairy

XD So it looks like AP and I are forming a team! Anybody care to join us?

--------------------
RIP Falicia (AngelDarkstorm, Anime-Princess) :: 01/19/1990 - 05/25/2013 :: I love you, Sisser.

"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying." ~Oscar Wilde
terriordx32
post Jun 2 2008, 6:52 AM
Post #4

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Former Staff

can i join your team?

--------------------

Thanks Cami!!!
Another Morning
post Jun 2 2008, 7:05 AM
Post #5

Cosmix Fairy

Sure, you can join =D So that leaves one more opening on this team if anybody is interested!

Keep in mind that you can be on as many teams as you want, so don't worry about excluding your friends. You can RP with everyone, just not all on the same team.

--------------------

P-girl
post Jun 2 2008, 8:36 AM
Post #6

Cosmix Fairy

*Holds up hand.*

Final member of your team!
Anime Princess
post Jun 2 2008, 8:38 AM
Post #7

Cosmix Fairy

your in ^_^

--------------------

Sorry i just think its better off this way

Another Morning
post Jun 2 2008, 8:53 AM
Post #8

Cosmix Fairy

Whoo-hoo! First team is formed!

Team members: Anime Princess, terriordx32, P-girl, Another Morning

RP Name: ...I suppose we'll come up with that when we get there.

Hey yeah, what kind of plot do we want?

--------------------

P-girl
post Jun 2 2008, 9:24 AM
Post #9

Cosmix Fairy

Good question.... how 'bout a semi-sci-fi, semi-fantasy setting? (Just throwing ideas in the mix, feel free to say no)
Jahnavi
post Jun 2 2008, 1:50 PM
Post #10

Cosmix Fairy

Can I make another team? I haven't asked any members yet, but you guys can join it if you want.

--------------------
"We read to know that we are not alone." - C. S. Lewis
Another Morning
post Jun 2 2008, 4:32 PM
Post #11

Cosmix Fairy

Yeah, start another one up! ^.^ The more teams the better!

And P-girl, that sounds good to me.

--------------------

terriordx32
post Jun 2 2008, 5:17 PM
Post #12

Cosmix Fairy

this is good things are finally rolling

--------------------

Thanks Cami!!!
Another Morning
post Jun 2 2008, 8:07 PM
Post #13

Cosmix Fairy

Alright, so I asked AP and she says she's cool with it, so it appears we've got ourselves a setting! I'll make us a topic and we can continue plot discussion there. :D

Keep recruiting for teams, that's what makes this fun! ^.^

--------------------

MorriganAensland
post Jun 3 2008, 11:27 PM
Post #14

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Members

Well then, since nobody's formally joined Jahnavi's team, I guess I'm going to have to go with the underdog on this one.

--------------------

Hey, look! My sig's back!
mightymarty2
post Jun 4 2008, 6:38 AM
Post #15

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Group: Admins

(darn this second page I keep forgeting about it)

I will join jahnavi's team to

--------------------
*stella* created this wonderful avatar and SpiderBraids for the rescue and Angel Darkstorm this wonderful signature
Jahnavi
post Jun 4 2008, 2:17 PM
Post #16

Cosmix Fairy

Thanks Morrigan and Martin! Do you guys want to wait for another member for our team, or do you want to start with just the three of us? If so, I'll make a thread.

--------------------
"We read to know that we are not alone." - C. S. Lewis
MorriganAensland
post Jun 4 2008, 2:32 PM
Post #17

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Members

Let's give it another day or two. If nobody signs up, we'll do it with the three of us.

--------------------

Hey, look! My sig's back!
mightymarty2
post Jun 4 2008, 4:02 PM
Post #18

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

I aggree with MorriganAensland

--------------------
*stella* created this wonderful avatar and SpiderBraids for the rescue and Angel Darkstorm this wonderful signature
Nightstorm
post Jun 5 2008, 6:49 AM
Post #19

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Senior Member

Morrigan, Marty, Jahnavi, if you don't mind, I can fill in the empty slot if you want.

--------------------
Afterquest - Ranma's back! Infinium - A new rp, a new world, a new headache! Tantamount - What is the price for equality?
mightymarty2
post Jun 5 2008, 5:18 PM
Post #20

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

i don't mind

--------------------

11 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Add Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 11:27 PM