Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

7 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Add Reply
> *Role-play Contest Entry #2!, Team Members: Mightymarty2, MorriganAensland, Nightstorm and Jahnavi.
Jahnavi
post Jun 7 2008, 2:17 PM
Post #1

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Former Staff

Okay, here's our official entry for Another Morning's RP Team Competition. laugh.gif

Team Members: Mightymarty2, MorriganAensland, Nightstorm and Jahnavi.

So, what kind of plot do you guys want for the RP? I assuming that we're doing something in the genre of Fantasy, but I'm open to all kinds of ideas.

--------------------
"We read to know that we are not alone." - C. S. Lewis
Go to the top of the page
mightymarty2
post Jun 7 2008, 7:36 PM
Post #2

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Group: Admins

I don't know, no ideas at the moment

--------------------
*stella* created this wonderful avatar and SpiderBraids for the rescue and Angel Darkstorm this wonderful signature
Nightstorm
post Jun 7 2008, 9:10 PM
Post #3

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Senior Member

Fanstasy should work. Maybe just a bit of sci-fi mixed in might do it - just a suggestion though.

Also, considering time periods and locations, is this taking place in modern day Magix or are we doing something else?

This post has been edited by Nightstorm: Jun 7 2008, 9:11 PM

--------------------
Afterquest - Ranma's back! Infinium - A new rp, a new world, a new headache! Tantamount - What is the price for equality?
MorriganAensland
post Jun 8 2008, 12:03 AM
Post #4

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Members

Don't know. I thought this was meant to mainly be original-fiction-ish.

But if we do include other stories, I think it might be nice to do something along the lines of SRW's La Gias plotline. Essentially, La Gias was a civilization located in a subterranean biosphere of Earth in the Super Robot Wars storyline, where magic and technology ended up co-existing. A lot of New Age concepts like Prana were taken into account with it, and it even had its own defenders, the Maso Kishin -Lords of Elementals-. And of course, there was a big evil god who was referred to a couple of times and finally fought in chronological end of the Classic Timeline too.

I'm not saying we actually HAVE La Gias, since I'm probably the only one here that knows about SRW, but I think the general concept is a solid one.

--------------------

Hey, look! My sig's back!
Jahnavi
post Jun 8 2008, 6:09 AM
Post #5

Cosmix Fairy

I think doing a RP in a different time period might be interesting. Like I'd love to do something that happens in the Middle Ages... Or something that happens far into the future... But, these are just broad ideas, I don't have a specific plot yet, and I like Morrigan's idea, so maybe we can do something based on that.

--------------------
Nightstorm
post Jun 8 2008, 10:06 AM
Post #6

Cosmix Fairy

Ooooo... Futuristic, huh? That'd be interesting to work with. For locations, we could probably work with multiple realms, such as Earth, Magix, etc.

--------------------
Afterquest - Ranma's back! Infinium - A new rp, a new world, a new headache! Tantamount - What is the price for equality?
MorriganAensland
post Jun 8 2008, 5:33 PM
Post #7

Cosmix Fairy

Yay, my idea was liked!

Anyways, I think if we want to do that, it might be nice to have one big overarching saga, but at least a few subplots that each help contribute to the final story... I guess I'm saying we should try something like the Classic Timeline of Super Robot Wars here, kinda like this.

First story arc: introduce the initial main heroes, have them deal with a problem and form their "team", so to speak. Villians may or may not have the goal of preparing said group for the real enemies.
Second story arc: Bring in a few more key NPCs, and introduce the first batch of the "true" enemy. Maybe a scouting parting, or observers... maybe have one or two change sides and/or die for the heroes. Nevertheless, this arc is meant to leave us with a sense that as hard as the battles have been, it's only going to get worse.
Third story arc: Where things start coming down to the wire. If we want intense, climactic fights and hopeless situations at every turn, this is where it would go. Villians from the past arc or their superiors might come in and show they mean business and aren't going to lose again.
Fourth story arc: Where things finally come to their end. Any loose ends are tied up here, with appropriate levels of suspense and action. Any characters stringing the heroes along for their own gain will finally make their move and be dealt with once and for all, along with any of their previously-unseen superiors.

Sound like a good basic idea to work up from?

--------------------

Nightstorm
post Jun 8 2008, 10:40 PM
Post #8

Cosmix Fairy

*Low whistle* Despite the fact that I have absolutely NO clue as to what series you are referring to, I personally like the story structure. Of course, this then brings into question - will we have to generate brand new RP characters for this, or could we use old ones as well? And also, even though our team is limited to four people, is our heroic team going to be limited to four?

--------------------
MorriganAensland
post Jun 8 2008, 11:07 PM
Post #9

Cosmix Fairy

^_^ That was the original story structure of SRW's Classic Timeline. (First half of SRW: Maso Kishin, SRW2, SRW EX, SRW3, SRW4/F/F-Final, and lastly the second half of SRW: Maso Kishin) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Robot_Wars <-- More info about my favorite game franchise

More to the point, I have absolutely no problem with using old RP characters for this, provided they'll mesh well enough together. I myself will be using a new one(s), but that's just me. Using more than one character is probably going to be necessary, because if we have such a long story, we'll need a large-enough cast, and I think the ranks of the heroes should start out modestly-sized and pick up a few more per-arc.

--------------------

Another Morning
post Jun 9 2008, 5:04 AM
Post #10

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Honor Members

((Competition Mastah says: More than one "hero" character per person is allowed, yes :D))

--------------------
RIP Falicia (AngelDarkstorm, Anime-Princess) :: 01/19/1990 - 05/25/2013 :: I love you, Sisser.

"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying." ~Oscar Wilde
MorriganAensland
post Jun 9 2008, 1:10 PM
Post #11

Cosmix Fairy

(Anyways, I thought it might be smart to get this ball rolling again and submit my character. If I need more, I'll make them later)

Name: Anser
Background: For those that aren't familiar with my fiction writing here, I pretty much put forward the concept that demons were not inheritly evil and capable of love and friendship and all those wonderful things. In the case of Incubae and Succubae, their big duty was not to impregnate women with the seeds of demons, but simply enable couples unable to bear children a way around that with the end result being a healthy, perfectly human baby. Anser, a young Incubae, has been sent from the demon world to spend time among humans to further understand his duties... at least that *was* what it was supposed to be. Instead, he's stuck living in the dorm of a struggling college girl named Saori secretly, simply because of not realizing he was making a pact when talking with her on the street with her until it was over.

Personality: Anser, for the most part, behaves very timidly but not cowardly... although he's scared of Saori to an extent. That's mainly because she often pretends she has Shotacon and try to seduce him, just to tease him. In addition, watching lots of monster movies has caused him to have a psychological aversion to "Holy" materials, even though he's not really vulnerable to them. Anser also loves human toys -even ones no 8-year-old would play with- and has a profound connection with a kendama.
Abilities: Tragically limited for a demon. Anser cannot fly, assume a monsterous appearance, or even open gateways to the demon world. Since he is not properly authorized, he cannot use the abilities associated with an Incubus either. However, he can go several days without sleep or food, has a high immunity to disease, and can withstand injuries that would normally kill an ordinary human.

Appearance:

^ Based off of Arado Balagna from Super Robot Wars. So sue me. I would've gone with Ryoto, but couldn't get a good enough image of him. And ignore the big one on the right, just focus on the cute little boy antics of the others.

--------------------

mightymarty2
post Jun 9 2008, 4:57 PM
Post #12

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

(so what are the rules for the characters, and also with the hero's do they have more power, distinguishing features or can they be anyone (like they could in real life))

--------------------
*stella* created this wonderful avatar and SpiderBraids for the rescue and Angel Darkstorm this wonderful signature
Another Morning
post Jun 9 2008, 5:36 PM
Post #13

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Honor Members

((It's up to you how you make your characters. O: Do whatever fits with the setting and flow of the game.))

--------------------
RIP Falicia (AngelDarkstorm, Anime-Princess) :: 01/19/1990 - 05/25/2013 :: I love you, Sisser.

"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying." ~Oscar Wilde
MorriganAensland
post Jun 9 2008, 8:52 PM
Post #14

Cosmix Fairy

I'd say a modern-day RP would be nice, if we incorporated other worlds and the like. \

--------------------

mightymarty2
post Jun 10 2008, 7:43 PM
Post #15

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

(please everyone welcome the new and improved Nuvell, other characters can come if needed (most probably will and you can guess the two I have in mind))
(planning on having nuvell as hero)

Nuvell
Powers:Fire and water, also can create steam from these two
Weapons:sword of fire and sword of water, carried on his back
Looks: he is about 1m 80, well built, dark brown hair, brown eyes, wears a black clock with hood, under which there is a half red half blue top with the numbers 2 and 4 representing his rank that he used to be, wears black shoes and trousers
Description of weapons: sword of fire:this blade lights up red from the red gems if someone with the power of fire uses it, allowing for greater strength of the blades and increases natural abilities of the users fire powers
sword of water:this blade lights up blue from the blue gems if someone with the power of water uses it, allowing for greater strength of the blades and increases natural abilities of the users water powers
Personality:kind and caring though if pushed to far his eyes go red or blue, then he can lose control,
Abilities:if in a pinch can boost powers by turning eyes purple though this drains him more quickly than normal
Background:in elementus was the number two in the fire and number 4 in water, which was rare for someone so young though kept himself to himself due to his abilities as he new he would be persecuted, normal wore a black cloack. Eventally found out during a flood in the fire country saving the main city with his water abilities, this caused him to be hunted by both countries, also ranks removed inorder to avoid being under constant attack fled the country though comes back every now and again to check how life is.

--------------------
MorriganAensland
post Jun 10 2008, 7:49 PM
Post #16

Cosmix Fairy

Okay, I've been doing some thinking about the plot, and I think I've finally got an idea that'll work. Essentially, other worlds out there are currently being attacked by a massive army from another dimension, Earth being left alone because we're not worthy of their time. I say the first arc deals with the first "invaders" coming to Earth, not expecting to find demons and the like walking among humankind. Survivors from previous attacks can also be there.

Of course, these invaders are actually the remnant's of the evil army's opposition force from the other dimension, doing what they can to speed up military development and mobilize at least a small group of people that have a chance of defeating the villians. Sound good?

--------------------

mightymarty2
post Jun 10 2008, 7:53 PM
Post #17

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

(yes, I can get Nuvell to earth)

--------------------
Nightstorm
post Jun 10 2008, 7:58 PM
Post #18

Cosmix Fairy

It sounds workable, but I think we should wait for Jahnavi's say in this.

--------------------
Jahnavi
post Jun 11 2008, 6:30 PM
Post #19

Cosmix Fairy

I'm fine with the plot. Once we finish sorting out the characters, I think we can start.

--------------------
Nightstorm
post Jun 11 2008, 7:29 PM
Post #20

Cosmix Fairy

Well, in that case, I might as well get started with my own. This is the first of my hero characters.

Name (actual): Alexandra Obsidian
Name (nicknames/preferred names): Alex, Alexis
Name: (codename): Prysm
Physical characteristics:
Type: Human/Alien-Demon Hybrid
Height: 6'1"
Weight: N/A
Hair color: Black with ruby trim
Hair style: Straight, hip-length
Eyes: Black with red-clay colored irises and demon/cat/serpent-style slit pupils
Birthplace: None specifically
Appearance (unsuited): Ruby long-sleeve low-collar top, black bell-bottom-style slacks
Appearance (suited): Black-and-white bodysuit trimmed in dark red
Strength limit: 2,000 lbs.
Speed limit: 2.0 sgs. (Surpassed God-like Speed or light speed x 2.0)
Powers: Unlimited energy absorption and redirection. Creation and control of fire and darkness elements. Her arms can also shapeshift into various forms of weaponry.
Weaknesses: Subject to physical and melee combat attacks only.
Weapons and other functions: Energy sword/rifle combo weapon.
Personality: Slightly temperamental and commanding, but also considerate of others, though she doesn't like to show it. Prefers to act alone, regardless of the situation.
Bio: Alexis is the result of impossibility. She's the daughter of Nightstorm and Solara 2.0, and holds characteristic powers from both of her parents. However, more or less, she is actually more like the physical, human form of Nightstorm's symbiote than anything else, as its DNA is also in her genes. Its alien/demon background is visible with Alexis, as her eyes are the dead giveaway. Despite her looks, though, she successfully avoided the life her parents had lived through - one of ridicule and hatred. Instead, she was slowly accepted through life, and she's made quite a few friends over the years. While Nightstorm and Solara have gone off to other systems, Nightstorm left his empire under Alex's command, though instead of planning to use it for global destruction, she plans on using her father's resources to help humanity only when necessary.

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee199/N...3/Alexandra.jpg

This post has been edited by Nightstorm: Jun 16 2008, 2:54 AM

--------------------

7 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Add Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 6:39 PM