Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

13 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Add Reply
> What's your imperfection?, Let it all out here and give tips of how you're dealing it
Rating 5 V
fullmoon
post Feb 14 2009, 9:49 PM
Post #61

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Honor Members

My imperfections? ...I have some freckles while I'm asian. I have lots of scars everywhere because I scar easily. I have this loong scar on my arm which was a scratch from a bush (I know it is a lame way to get one). There is this white bump on my gum on top of my right canine tooth. I hope it isn't another tooth or I have to go get braces. I have this weird accent thing and my conversation skills aren't that great since I tend to mumble and stutter.

--------------------

I am not WEIRDhopefullyI think

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." ~ Albert Einstein
Go to the top of the page
wkw427
post Feb 15 2009, 12:43 AM
Post #62

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Members

I have a huge mole on my neck that has very long hair growing out.

And I'm starting to get face hair.
I'm afraid of face hair.
I don't want face hair
At
All
icon_sad.gif

Oh, and in the palm of both my hands I have a huge unsightly callus from making tight fists due to a nervous habit. Speeking of habits, I bite my nails :\

--------------------
A.K.A. BANJOGATE

Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

I give my sincerest apologies if anything that I have mentioned in a post or image by me or relating to me, any word, ASCII character, vowel or constant is to be considered offensive in your native tongue. If it is, remember you're on the internet.
bloom_daphne
post Feb 15 2009, 2:29 AM
Post #63

Bloomix Fairy

Group: Former Staff

To be honest I really want braces on my top teeth, but my dentist said only one tooth was crooked and that I should "push" my tooth everyday. Whats up with that?! & for speaking, there's a rasp in my voice sometimes. ):
Zhanneel
post Feb 15 2009, 3:18 AM
Post #64

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Group: Admins

Rofl@facial hair. Sorry for finding that amusing...but why do you not want facial hair WK? (I mean, I'm sure there are a lot of reasons such as it's itchy when it grows in, it's a hassle to keep nice-looking, etc...)

Braces would be nice too. Just can't afford them.
wkw427
post Feb 15 2009, 5:19 PM
Post #65

Cosmix Fairy

I got braces, too. And they are getting taken off on the 10th. YAY!!!

Face hair to me just seems dirty

--------------------
A.K.A. BANJOGATE

I give my sincerest apologies if anything that I have mentioned in a post or image by me or relating to me, any word, ASCII character, vowel or constant is to be considered offensive in your native tongue. If it is, remember you're on the internet.
Boo
post Feb 15 2009, 6:39 PM
Post #66

Cosmix Fairy

My evil orthodontist is not telling me when I can get my braces off... grrr... They're not fun... really.

I sometimes speak with a slight monotone when I'm nervous or intimidated... (that and quietly.) :/ I do that often too: since I can get so nervous around people I'm unfamiliar with (or people I'm intimidated by, as said earlier. For example: my co-workers and my boss... even though they're all awfully nice.)

Yet another imperfection I found talking about one imperfection: nervousness.

--------------------
When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door, that we do not see the one which has opened for us. -Helen Keller
Zhanneel
post Feb 15 2009, 6:39 PM
Post #67

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Congrats on loosing those braces soon wk! And gotcha, on the face hair thing. I've seen it both ways: totally shaggy and unkempt. And then the reverse, where it's neatly groomed and gives the added bonus of making you appear older and stylish, lol. But that is probably a pain in the butt to upkeep. Kind of like how I chose a hairstyle that is maintenance-free because I hate primping and I can't stand anything that takes more than 5-10 minutes to get ready.

Aww, I hope you can overcome your nervousness too Boo. I'm glad your co-workers are good about it too ^^. (I will say that working as a clerk for several years now pretty much squashed most of my nervous nature. Not all...but when you are helping so many people a day you just learn to forget about it.)
wkw427
post Feb 15 2009, 10:38 PM
Post #68

Cosmix Fairy

QUOTE (Boo @ Feb 15 2009, 01:39 PM) *
My evil orthodontist is not telling me when I can get my braces off... grrr... They're not fun... really.

I sometimes speak with a slight monotone when I'm nervous or intimidated... (that and quietly.) :/ I do that often too: since I can get so nervous around people I'm unfamiliar with (or people I'm intimidated by, as said earlier. For example: my co-workers and my boss... even though they're all awfully nice.)

Yet another imperfection I found talking about one imperfection: nervousness.

There is no set time to take them off. I was supposed to get mine off last September, but my teeth were stubborn (and I got pleasure bending the wires with pen caps) which pushed it back. The next date was sometime in December, and now it is March 10

--------------------
A.K.A. BANJOGATE

Boo
post Feb 16 2009, 3:15 PM
Post #69

Cosmix Fairy

That probably would rid of nervousness! I don't think I could ever take a job like that. icon_mrgreen.gif Thanks, I think I've made a slight improvement over the years (my co-workers have told me that I've come out of my shell a lot more), but I still get awfully tense around certain people.

I'm aware that it depends and an exact date is improbable, but I think what irks me is the fact that they're not even giving me an estimation (like, am I going to get them off soon, as in, 2 months or so, or later?). icon_sad.gif

Eesh! That's a bummer. icon_sad.gif Well, at least you're getting them off soon!

--------------------
When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door, that we do not see the one which has opened for us. -Helen Keller
mightymarty2
post Feb 16 2009, 5:49 PM
Post #70

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

I hate being nervous that is something i get a lot along with stress,

--------------------
*stella* created this wonderful avatar and SpiderBraids for the rescue and Angel Darkstorm this wonderful signature
wkw427
post Feb 16 2009, 11:05 PM
Post #71

Cosmix Fairy

Sometimes I am so stressed from school I can sleep for a few days, only waking up to eat and use the bathroom.

My record is about 30 hours. Whenever I was awake I had a banging headach. So I slept, didn't wake up fo like 15 hours. I got some food, went back to sleep..

Felt like rubbage when I finally woke up, but was fun

--------------------
A.K.A. BANJOGATE

bloom_daphne
post Feb 17 2009, 12:21 AM
Post #72

Bloomix Fairy

how long do people generally keep braces on?
Im going to ask my dentist, because I hate that one slightly crooked tooth. Or is there anything besides braces to straighten one tooth?
Jahnavi
post Feb 17 2009, 10:51 AM
Post #73

Cosmix Fairy

QUOTE (bloom_daphne @ Feb 17 2009, 05:51 AM) *
how long do people generally keep braces on?

I had mine on for about a year.

--------------------
"We read to know that we are not alone." - C. S. Lewis
dittadulla
post Feb 17 2009, 2:35 PM
Post #74

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Journalists

QUOTE (bloom_daphne @ Feb 17 2009, 12:21 AM) *
Im going to ask my dentist, because I hate that one slightly crooked tooth. Or is there anything besides braces to straighten one tooth?

Actually, there is a way to straighten one tooth. My dentist gave me something for that. I don't know what to call it in english though. You can ask your dentist about it.

Or that is if you need more room for one certain tooth, otherwise I don't know ^^.

--------------------
bloom_daphne
post Feb 17 2009, 10:22 PM
Post #75

Bloomix Fairy

Really? What's it called? If you don't know, could you describe it? icon_biggrin.gif
bloom_daphne
post Feb 18 2009, 12:03 AM
Post #76

Bloomix Fairy

Oh, why is surgery scary? They use anesthesia right?
Another Morning
post Feb 18 2009, 12:37 AM
Post #77

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Honor Members

A little late, but here I go.

Might as well put it out there, most of my self-esteem issues come from my weight. I'm...large. Which is really annoying because it means all the styles of clothing that I like the most look WRETCHED on me .___.

It seems like there's quite a few people who are like me in that I I think my nose is too large and I hate my smile. .___. My skin is alright for the most part, but it does get pretty dry and I do get the occational blackheads. I'm missing one of my adult teeth right up in the front, so unless I'm wearing my retainer, I have a giant gap in my teeth when I smile x___x And I'm not crazy about my retainer, either. But I am grateful that I got braces to correct a large overbit and gap between my front two teeth.

My hair has an interesting texture, but it's really dry and frizzy, so that's always annoying. The color is alright, but I like to dye it anyway :/ My scalp is pretty dry.

I sort of inherited my dad's bad breath gene XD; Even if I brush my teeth and gargle like crazy and carry mints around, it still doesn't help all the time.

I think that's enough for now >_>; As for what I like, I actually like my glasses. My eyes are sort of a pretty color, and I think that I could be fairly pretty if I put more effort into my appearance. Not like, you know, inch-thick makeup and two cans of hairspray per day. But like, if I took more diligent care of my skin and worked on loosing weight.

As for chewing fingernails, I did it all the time until I got braces, and then it was too much of a pain to chew around them XD So uh...I know that isn't a very practical solution. I've heard bitter nail polishes help.

--------------------
RIP Falicia (AngelDarkstorm, Anime-Princess) :: 01/19/1990 - 05/25/2013 :: I love you, Sisser.

"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying." ~Oscar Wilde
SuperChick
post Feb 18 2009, 2:04 AM
Post #78

Sirenix Fairy

QUOTE (Bloom girl @ Jan 13 2009, 11:18 AM) *
Oh.., fortunately I don´t have problem with my weight (I´m very thin about... 36 or 37 kilos) and I also go to a gym and I learn dance there.
My problem is my height ! I ´m only 1,55 metres tall ! (I dont´t know how it is my height in feet)And this thing with my finger nails is another problem , too .My skin is full of spots , but now is cleaner and better.
@winxclub-joy: I have a small chest, too
Furtermore , I will put braces on my teeth !

That´s all ! Oh.. and I have brown hair, brown eyes , red lips , small nose...(things I like)

I have braces they arn't fun I also don't really prefer having freakles and sometimes i don't like having red hair
ONLY RED HAIR GIRL IN GRADE I DON"T NO ABOUT SCHOOL

--------------------
thanks bloomgirl^^
[/img]
Boo
post Feb 18 2009, 2:43 AM
Post #79

Cosmix Fairy

QUOTE (Another Morning @ Feb 18 2009, 01:37 AM) *
A little late, but here I go.

Might as well put it out there, most of my self-esteem issues come from my weight. I'm...large. Which is really annoying because it means all the styles of clothing that I like the most look WRETCHED on me .___.

It seems like there's quite a few people who are like me in that I I think my nose is too large and I hate my smile. .___. My skin is alright for the most part, but it does get pretty dry and I do get the occational blackheads. I'm missing one of my adult teeth right up in the front, so unless I'm wearing my retainer, I have a giant gap in my teeth when I smile x___x And I'm not crazy about my retainer, either. But I am grateful that I got braces to correct a large overbit and gap between my front two teeth.

My hair has an interesting texture, but it's really dry and frizzy, so that's always annoying. The color is alright, but I like to dye it anyway :/ My scalp is pretty dry.

I sort of inherited my dad's bad breath gene XD; Even if I brush my teeth and gargle like crazy and carry mints around, it still doesn't help all the time.

I think that's enough for now >_>; As for what I like, I actually like my glasses. My eyes are sort of a pretty color, and I think that I could be fairly pretty if I put more effort into my appearance. Not like, you know, inch-thick makeup and two cans of hairspray per day. But like, if I took more diligent care of my skin and worked on loosing weight.

As for chewing fingernails, I did it all the time until I got braces, and then it was too much of a pain to chew around them XD So uh...I know that isn't a very practical solution. I've heard bitter nail polishes help.

icon_sad.gif Aw, Don't blame yourself with the clothes; personally, I wouldn't suggest beating yourself up over something that is of no fault of yours. I think it's unreasonable for clothes companies to believe that all young girls are paper thin... it's pitiful, really. We come in all shapes and sizes, so for them to believe that making clothes that only fit itty bitty girls is reasonable is just insane.

I'm sorry about your lack of self-esteem... I wish it was better for you. icon_sad.gif A lot of us probably have felt or are feeling the same way (well, look at us, we're all on here beating ourselves up over our imperfections.) You're definitely not alone and we'll always listen. ^_^

I wish I had a fondness for my glasses! I *cough* lost *cough* mine. icon_mrgreen.gif

I know what you mean by braces and fingernails. And all this time I was wondering how in the world I managed to keep these long fingernails without really consciously knowing that these braces actually do prevent me from biting them most of the time. icon_biggrin.gif

*shudders* Ooohh... needles... *shudders*

--------------------
winxtecna
post Feb 18 2009, 2:44 AM
Post #80

Butterflix Fairy

I am scared of ponty and metal needles!

Same here! They really scare me. So I see why you decided to not have the surgery. There was one kid at my school that said he had surgery on his teeth and they used anesthesia, to make him sleep during the surgery, and during the middle of the surgery he woke up!!! He said after he woke up and saw what was happening, he passed out!! That would be very scary. I NEVER want that to happen to me!!

13 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Add Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 3:25 PM