> Regal Academy, or Ever After High, Winx Club style
SpiderBraids
post Apr 25 2017, 4:37 PM
Post #21

Bloomix Fairy

Group: Members

Episode 22: Flowerpocalypse

Spoiler!
- We open on Granny Ironfan telling Lingling to try to have some fun for a change at today's Flower Festival, and we get a nice tracking shot of her flower blowing from Granny to LL... LL has studied the powers of all the magical flowers, but no one's ever given her one... Jumpcut to RegAc, where Rose is super psyched for the flower festival (well, her name is Rose icon_wink.gif) She asks Joy if living flowers hurt when they are picked... H: "Hello Rose, fairytale land... magical flowers." Vidal gets beaned by a living flower in its pot (HEH!)
- Meanwhile, Travis is looking at a "beastiful" Cupid's Arrow flower: "I wonder if it's true that this flower can make Lingling like me" Flower: "DUH! That's my power! But why don't you try, I dunno, talking to this girl?" HEH! T: "No, that's too scary" Flower: "Definitely" Travis hilariously tosses the flower aside as soon as Rose walks in to ask what's too scary for him... T: "What could possibly scare me? I'm a beast, hello?" Literally the next second, he hides behind Rose as LL is passing by to greet Rose... and LL adds: "Good morning hiding Travis" (HEH!)
- Prof. Beauty has invited fairytale land's biggest expert on magical flowers, Thumbelina, and brings out Leena... who takes out her cousin from her pocket (!) (Yes, Thumbelina's her cousin, rather than grandma) Her crazy high pitched voice is impossible to understand, so Leena brings out a flower-like megaphone... and the initial echo from the megaphone stuns everyone, since it was on Leena's personal use settings (!)
- After re-adjusting, Thumbelina introduces The Mother Flower, from which Thumbelina was born (Rose keeps her gawking in moderation icon_smile.gif), and whose power is so great she can control all the magical flowers, so must be kept under constant guard. The other flowers bow down to her, and after Leena and cousin accidentally get covered in a blanket (HEH!) we get exposition that the Mother Flower needs that guarding because "A villain could use her to lead an army of flowers on a lovely-smelling rampage of destruction!" T: "What could pretty little flowers possibly do?" A bunch of flowers attack Travis to demonstrate (HEH)
- Puss-In-Boots has arranged for a shipment of rare flowers and Beauty has the kids go pick them up. This of course gives Vicky an evil idea, but first, let's get to Puss-In-Boots first! R: "We get to hang out with Puss-In-Boots all day! He always gives wise advice!" PIB: "Everyone ready for hard labor?" Thumbelina tells the class to gather up the rest of the flowers. "And treat them with respect, Travis" Travis is getting attacked by more flowers (HEH!) Meanwhile, Vicky has Ruby and Cyrus follow her...
- While Rose and Joy are loading their dragons with flowers, Travis is looking for the perfect flower for LL... "and one that won't put me in the hospital" (HEH) as Astoria uses her vinehair to carry a boatload of flowers (thumbsup.gif) and Thumbelina exposits that each flower has a different power and personality, as she chats up a Love Fortune Lily (a bit shy)... who gets chased by a bunch of the princesses in class (HEH)
- Back to Vicky and friends: They meet an evil farmer (who of course has a country bumpkin voice!) Ruby: "How can we know we can trust him?" Vicky: "DUH! We can't! He's evil!" Cyrus: "Oh, right, but how do we know he's evil?" Cyrus tries to get the farmer to show him his evil handshake... and the farmer tosses him aside (HEH!) before handing Vicky some seeds (musical cue: a G-minored version of "Oh Susanna") Vicky plants the seeds and reveals that they're the infamous Rebel Roses. The roses are thinking about using the Mother Flower to force all flowerkind to join them in world domination... V: "Great, that's my plan too!"
- Back to Rose and friends: Rose accidentally drops a box of flowers on her dragon's head, and she complains that's the worst place she can drop her flowers... and then Rose accidentally rams into Joy and her flowers somehow land on a troll's foot (!) RD: "I stand corrected" Hawk wants to attack (it's always like that with him, heh), but PIB suggests trying to outwit him ("It's tradition!")... in this case by saying that Rose was doing him a favor by trying to wipe out his foot fungus (!) This backfires, because he likes his foot fungus (EW!!) While PIB is trying to handle the situation, Vicky sneaks the Rebel Roses onto Rose's dragon (OOH!)
- Rose considers apologizing to the troll's foot fungus, but appears to just sneak between his legs. However, one of the Rebel Roses decides to jump over to the troll's foot and chomp on it, causing the troll to give chase again... H: "Now can we attack?" PIB: "(sigh) Sure, whatever" So the friends go in, with Travis going first... and getting tackled by a mushroom (along with Astoria!) "It smells like foot, and also fungus!" LL uses her fan magic to blow the troll away, but he ends up knocking over a shelf of round candy, on which Gigi snacks and LL trips... so time for Rose to use her magic to make a pumpkin motorbike to try to lead the troll out of town, but she doesn't get very far before crashing into a wall (!)
- Rose gets cornered but here comes Joy to bail her out... "Not so fast! These frogs love to eat foot fungus!" The frogs give the troll chase, and then LL uses her fan magic to blow him away for good... As the gang decides to return, Gigi offers Rose a candy... Travis realizes that candy would be the perfect gift... and Rose guesses that it's for LL (look at Travis' reaction!) Travis says that flowers terrify him more than talking to LL. R: "Silly! What could go wrong?" A: "Well, she might think you're trying to trick her to give our team an advantage" J: "And then she'd hate you forever!"
- Quad! The gang inform Beauty that the flowers have been delivered, and it turns out Beauty has designed ballgowns made of flowers (ooh!) Flowers on the gowns: "Do we look amazing or what?" LL loves those talking gowns, and Rose is all too eager to have her try one icon_smile.gif Beauty loves the way it looks so much, she wants LL to be her model, but LL says: "I'm not feminine enough" R: "But, you'll be center stage with Beauty and Thumbelina. You can protect them if there's trouble!" LL: "Rose... that is an excellent idea! Evil villains can not resist a chance to destroy a flower festival!" And cut to Vicky... where she's telling the Rebel Roses to take a vial and pour it into The Mother Flower's pot, which will enable her to control the Mother Flower with her magic doll she made (ooh!)... which the Rebel Roses are laughing at (HEH!) V: "It's evil! It's not supposed to look good!" So anyways, the Rebel Roses take Vicky's vial to go see Mom...
- The Mother Flower has her children come to pay respects to her, but her bodyguards add: "Just don't get too close" icon_smile.gif One of the Rebel Roses offers Mother a vial of magic water that she empahsizes is good magic, and Mother lets her pour it into the pot. That easy, huh? Mother: "I feel... weird" Bodyguard: "Good weird, or bad weird?" M: "You ever get the feeling... that someone is taking over your mind? And wants you to do terrible things to the people you love?" Bodyguard: "Yes! When I'm stuck babysitting my kid brother!" (HEH!) Back to Vicky, as Ruby shows off the Cupid's Arrow flower she found: "It'll make Hawk mine forever!"
- The flower fest begins with a bunch of fireworks and dancing. R: "I can't believe it! I'm Rose, dancing with a rose!" "I'm not a rose, I'm a Venus Flytrap, and now I will eat your head!" Thankfully, it's nowhere near big enough to do more than bite at her hair icon_smile.gif Meanwhile, Vicky gets into the next phase of the plan, by having more Rebel Roses pour potion in some glasses that happen to be carried past the bushes they're hiding in, which promises to keep things hoppin' (their words!) Said glasses then get served to the flowers, which makes them start to get rowdy. Uh-oh... And this makes Travis extra nervous, plus it doesn't help matters that he gets tripped by a Rebel Rose, making him drop his candy on a flower, who then proceeds to bean LL with it, and LL suspects that Travis is offering candy to make her lower her guard...
- Under Vicky's spell, the flowers decide to start attacking the humans a la Day of the Triffids, and that includes the flowers on LL's dress, forcing her to take it off (!) Rather dissonantly, this then leads into a ballad by LL and Travis "One in a Million to Me", which looks awkward interspersed with the chaos of the attack icon_confused.gif Anyways, LL discovers that Vicky's behind the flower attack and Vicky decides to have the flowers attack LL. Travis decides he needs to deal with them using a tornado... PIB: "Travis, you need to outwit your opponent!" T: "Forget that, I'm a beast!" Travis sends an extra powerful tornado through the festival, sending flowers flying everywhere, as Hawk points out: "Travis' Fury Magic is extra furious" And it sends Vicky's doll flying, and LL zaps with the doll with her Fan Magic, thus freeing the Mother Flower from the spell. Travis stops his Fury Magic... eventually, and catches the falling LL. The student body is bewildered at the raining flowers, and various students catch the falling flowers... as Vicky falls into a pond (HEH!) Joy turns into a frog again, while Travis catches a Cupid's Arrow, who offers his magic help... But when LL approaches him about that flower, he ends up tossing it aside: "This flower's not pretty enough for you" (HEH!)
- Frog!Joy rides Hawk's head until Doc kisses her back into a human (clomp!) H: "Still can't control your transformation? How is that possible?" J: "It's a curse! It's not supposed to be convenient" Astoria finds the Rebel Rose culprits and the Mother Flower proceeds to chew them out. Travis seems a bit bewildered that he actually saved the day, but Thumbelina tries to chew him out over being blown around by his tornado... But the Mother Flower tells her that she should a) use her inside voice, and b) respect the heroes of the day icon_smile.gif

--------------------
Go to the top of the page
SpiderBraids
post Apr 30 2017, 2:34 PM
Post #22

Bloomix Fairy

Episode 23: Swan Dancing with the Stars
Spoiler!
- We open on an owl monster thing going through the forest, when he encounters Vicky and friends. Rather amusingly, he speaks with a rather polite voice, and we quickly find out that this is Rothbart, the wizard from Swan Lake (V: "I've read all your articles in Evil Quarterly"... remember how 4K Winx would keep talking about reading mags? icon_wink.gif) and Vicky wants to use his swan magic. Roth changes to human form first, obviously, because "Monster... Campus... Bad." It's also revealed for his magic to work, the target must dance along... Cyrus: "I can smell the evil coming out your ears" Ruby: "Oh wow, that is too weird"
- RegAc dance class... Rose comments on swan granddaughter Odette dancing to Swan Lake: "That's like fairy tale awesome squared!" It's Odette's dream to win the RegAc dance competition, and Rose will be rooting for her... which prompts a response from Astoria: "Did you forget she's our competitor? At least try to be serious about winning", before then giving the stinkeye to Odette... Prof. Beauty and Cinderella will help the students prepare for the competition, as Cinderella brings in her family's guardian dragon, and Rose guesses that she'll be dancing with them (performing a mock dragon dance, heh!) Cinderella is all, "No, that would be ridiculous" and reveals that in fact, she is judging the competition...
- While everyone is practicing their steps, Odette steps outside for a bit and no prizes for guessing who she runs into icon_wink.gif Roth turns her into a swan and Vicky covers her with a bucket: "Not that I'm complaining, but what's that all about?" Roth: "I have that effect on her icon_smile.gif" In class, Travis clumsily tosses Joy hard (HEH), while Rose tells Lingling that martial arts is graceful like dancing, and she suggests they could base a dance around it... though they might have to leave out certain throwing moves (HEH!) Vicky shows off her dance to Beauty, even landing her foot on Rose's head at one point (ouch!) and then shows everyone her new dance tutor (guess who!) V: "Don't you wish you had a tutor like I do?" LL: "I do have a tutor. It's Rose, you're standing on her" V: "I meant a good dance tutor"
- Rose recalls that Astoria and Odette used to be childhood friends (a tidbit from way back in episode 3) and thought the dance class would bring them closer, but Astoria points out that "You know how competing for a grade has that effect on me" The gang come across Swan!Odette, and Rose and LL try helping her with... martial arts dancing? LL points out that this is Tai-Chi (which is a real thing!) and thinks that Odette is lacking focus. When that doesn't work, Joy spots Tiger Morphy Lilies, which are noted for undoing transformations, but they turn out to be Tiger Stompy Lilies, whose power is to trample water fowl (like swans LOL) Looks like they'll need a little help from Joy's grandpa... "He turns himself to weird stuff all the time!"
- Over at Grandpa LeFrog's, he only has potion for turning frogs into people, but Joy has frog magic for changing Swan!Odette into a frog, so problem solved right? Wrong, so Grandpa LeFrog explains that the only spell powerful enough to fix Odette is a swan dance. And it just so happens Astoria has seen a book on the swan dance in Grandma's classroom... H: "There's like a gazillion books in here!" A: "A gazillion and seven. I counted" (HEH!) Vicky comes in with Roth, who offers the gang (LL included) a dance lesson, which turns more into coercing once he hears Joy and Rose mention mastering the swan dance to save Odette, and even tells Travis that the girls won't be able to resist him (!) No prizes for guessing what happens next icon_wink.gif
- Vicky's gang has an evil laugh before locking the swans in the tower, and unlike Odette, the swans' dialog is not reduced to just "Honk honk"... They're also colored based on their hair, so Swan!Rose is yellow, Swan!Joy is light green etc. J: "Fun fact, swans are bad at breaking down doors" A: "Also bad at turning pages" Travis is especially sarcastic about Rose only now realizing that was Rothbart from Swan Lake: "Oh, really? What was your first clue?" Astoria finds the swan dance, and it turns out it has to be done at the next full moon, which is tonight (!) And Joy manages to turn into a frog again after Hawk falls on her... A: "That's not very helpful"
- While Cinderella is bewildered that none of the teams are present at the dance competition at her castle, LL is trying to use her swan-fu (Rose's words) to kick down the door... and it turns out the ropes tying the doors shut are in plain sight of the swans (!) So LL manages to get the ropes off with her beak and gets the window open, but wonders how good swans are at climbing icon_biggrin.gif Rose of course is enthusiastic at the opportunity to fly as a swan, but Astoria warns that "Just because we have wings doesn't mean we know how to use them!" But they do have someone who can teach them, because they brought Odette along icon_wink.gif Astoria and Travis carry Frog!Joy and King (Joy's frog) respectively, while Gigi is riding (guess who?) Rose...
- Swamp! They've brought along the book as well, and Astoria has memorized the steps from the book and decides to lead. Back at Cinderella's castle, the only team ready to go are Gerald and Finn, or the duck and the whale, and it does not go very well... "Due to the lack of teams, and the extensive squishing of the teams we do have, I think the night is over"
- Back to the swamp, where the gang are getting attacked by Roth (!) The gang retaliates by buzzing Roth's head on a flyby... Roth zaps Astoria in the wing, so the gang then splash Roth in the face, which gives Rose the idea to splash some water on Astoria's hit wing to fix it (uh...) Vicky manages to zap Travis and knock both him and Hawk into the lake, but manage to recover and get out of their wands' reach... Hawk says he could have taken on Roth, but Travis points out how things worked out here...
- The gang is running out of time and needs someone to perform their dance somewhere safe. Surprise surprise, Rose suggests doing it at the dance competition... which is still totally on apparently, as Vicky and pals are ready for their dance, plus Roth is also here, and specifically calls for a dragon to dance with them (!) which Cinderella considers highly unusual, but her dragon obliges anyway... Cinderella: "I say, this isn't much of a contest is it?" Swan!Rose enters with her gang: "Then let's bring the competition!" before adding: "I told you the dragon would dance smile.gif"
- Rose's team starts dancing, and Roth notices that they're doing the moonlight swan dance... Vicky's team and Roth proceed to perform their own dance (with Cinderella's dragon somehow hiding herself behind Roth along with the rest during their routine icon_biggrin.gif) during which Vicky tells Roth there's something they can do in front of this crowd... and that's apparently to turn Cinderella's dragon into a swan (!) Team Rose et al. turn back to humans, and Odette is quick to call out Rothbart... Vicky feigns innocence when questioned by Cinderella, throwing Roth under the bus for lying about being a dance tutor, which prompts Cinderella to bring the guards on Roth and award Team Rose the win (yay!)
- Roth: "You can break my spells, but no one defeats me in dance and gets away with it" Roth throws the royal guards off before turning back into his owl monster form, but LL says "There will be no mercy for villains who disturb our dancing" She uses her fan magic to blow Roth into the air, with Hawk creating an ice ramp for Roth to slide on... Rose has to get out of the way of his crash landing and manages to knock over the three little pigs, but Astoria uses her tower magic to encase Roth in a tower of vines (it's really more like a cage) before Rose adds the finishing touch: "You cannot defeat a bag of the three little pigs' leftovers!" Rose throws the pigs' bag right over Roth's beak, and the stench changes him back to regular human form, which also restores Cinderella's dragon to normal.
- Rose is overjoyed that Roth has been defeated... T: "This time, everyone knows how great we are" Astoria does a little celebratory dance: "Top grade... top grade... Go grades!" But hang on, LL performs her own graceful dance (despite the fact she already performed with Team Rose), and Cinderella decides to give her the win instead, leaving both Odette and Astoria to commiserate... R: "See, I knew dance class would bring them together icon_wink.gif"

--------------------
SpiderBraids
post May 6 2017, 3:53 PM
Post #23

Bloomix Fairy

Episode 24: The Dragon Duel (EAH had its Dragon Games, so... why not RegAc?)
Spoiler!
- We open at Travis' Earth home, where Rose has come to pick him up. Rose gawks at his mom's shoes (actually saying O-M-G), and Mrs. B comments that, "I may be Mrs. B, and not Ms. Beauty anymore, but I still try to rock some fabulous shoes..." Mr. B: "Sometimes with real rocks" (Mr. B drinks coffee straight from the pot LOL) Travis went to school early today to calm down Coach Beast, so this gives Rose (and his parents) the opportunity to take a look at Travis' self-portraits in his room (his Beast statue from way back when is also there icon_smile.gif) They're very good and mom says Travis wants to hang them at his dad's castle, but Beast's not so hot on that idea... Mr. B: "It does fill him with an incredible rage" (Another Disney version shout-out perhaps?)
- RegAc dragon arena... J: "Where's Travis? He's not trapped under something heavy again is he?" Travis is indeed under a heavy piece of statue, but what's really putting a damper on his morning is that it turns out Coach Beast has been replaced in dragon riding class. Astoria's not pleased that now she has to get used to a new teacher, but said new teacher is some guy named Sir George, and Hawk and Rose gawk over this (H: "Bake me in a pie and call me an apple fritter!") for Sir George is the most famous dragon rider in history (!) H: "This is like Rumpelstiltskin teaching knitting" A: "That actually is already a thing" H: "Then this is bigger!" (HEH!)
- Coach Beast rather condescendingly introduces Sir George, and George mistakes Beast for a girl because of his long hair (CB: "That's my mane!") Astoria is skeptical about Hawk's claim, but he reassures her that "Everyone gets old, I'm sure he'll have a surprise or two" Everyone gets riding, and Team Rose (+ Lingling) take to the skies. The crowd is mostly in awe (Vicky being the lone exception), as Rose flies upside down and drops off her dragon to be caught by Astoria's vinehair and put back on her dragon... and they're both in their regular school uniforms rather than their dragon riding outfits... LL on the other hand is in her dragon riding outfit, and shows some skillful moves before landing at the dragon arena. After introducing herself to George, LL gets what must be the shock of her life, as George says "That was the absolute worst dragon-riding I've ever seen"... and that also goes for everyone else, as George has the students go back to basics (insert Coach Beast facepalm here) by carrying their dragons (yes, it looks as surreal as it sounds) Travis and LL are the fastest to carry their dragons, and George is confident that these training exercises will help them become experts in no time.
- Ruby is skeptic that this coot (her words) really is Sir George, but Vicky plans to steal his secrets to control the guardian dragons at the gate... George has a chit-chat with Vicky and decides that she's the class favorite, and then he's surprised to see Rose putting shoes on her dragon, as Rose repeats what she said to Travis' mom this morning: "The right shoe and the right occasion can make amazing things happen" Well, he's surprised in a good way, because he praises Rose for taking the time to care for her dragon: "She'll be your friend for life" Meanwhile, Hawk, Astoria, and LL (and a few others) get involved in a three-dragon airborne collision, and Hawk's forced to concede that George has lost it. LL is a bit more diplomatic and suggests trying harder, but Astoria somewhat sarcastically suggests asking Rose for tips icon_smile.gif
- Rose wants something from George for her collection... and gets his famous sword, which looks like a really big spoon. After Rose leaves, Coach Beast rages against George: "You don't know a thing about dragon training! And you don't a thing about which of my students are any good!" G: "Do I? Let's put that to the test, madame" CB has steam coming out of his ears: "FINE!" George goes to the students and announces: "Tomorrow, I'm separating the real dragon riders from the chaff. We're having... a dragon Olympics!" A: "Is this for a grade?" G: "This is for something better than a grade... It's for honor!" H: "Ohhhh yeah!" R: (Gawking level at maximum!) J: "Rose, what's a dragon Olympics?" R: "It has 'dragon' in the name, so it must be AWESOME!" icon_biggrin.gif
- On earth, Rose puts the spoon in her fairytale collection before shrinking the collection for bringing to RegAc, and at Travis' earth home, he's doing some paintings ("Nobody really understands vermillion") Rose suggests putting them up at grandpa's castle, but Travis says "The only thing he hates more than Sir George is me doing art" But Rose has a plan, oh boy...
- RegAc's students are preparing for the games in the quad... LL asks for Travis, and Astoria answers: "He's with Rose. Knowing her, they're doing something ridiculous" J: "Yeah, that's Rose" Joy is making sure there are enough frogs at the dragon Olympics (HUH.) Rose and Travis are bringing Travis' paintings to Beast's castle... Beast sees the art and of course gets teed, and Rose attempts to reason that he should be proud of his grandson's work, but Beast says "That's beside the point! I just don't want it on my walls!" Rose puts her plan into action, and wagers that if she can win the dragon obstacle course, he has to allow Travis to hang up his art... CB: "You can fill my castle with mayonnaise for all I care, because it's never going to happen!" R: "Hmm, we'll see"
- To wedding music, Sir George begins "We are gathered here today to join in marriage--" CB: "This isn't a wedding George! Announce the Olympics" G: "That's Sir George!" CB: "And that you remember icon_confused.gif" Rose and Travis join the rest of the gang, before George opens the Olympics... by conking Travis with an errant scabbard flying off his sword and and his pants dropping to the ground (HEH!)
- First event: Dragon cooking! LL slices up carrots with a sword, and then skewers the slices with the same sword for her dragon to cook, as she brags that her secret is using dragon-breath proof cookware. Rose uses a certain legendary sword (guess whose!) to cut up her spuds for her dragon to roast extra crispy (HEH!)
- Next, dragon javelin, in which Travis tosses his dragon javelin-style quite a distance... but then LL points out that he's supposed to train his dragon to throw a regular javelin, which the throw by LL's dragon beats Travis' throw nicely (meanwhile, the goblin chick tries throwing her dragon without success icon_biggrin.gif)
- Next up is dragon sprint between Hawk and Ruby. Hawk shows off by standing on his dragon's saddle, and Ruby tries the same ... and her saddle rolls underneath her dragon's belly, causing her and her dragon to fly off the course (!) Yet according to George, Vicky's team is doing well (!!) Vicky asks George about his secret, and George says it's dedication, hard work... and a magical brooch for controlling dragons, which Vicky casually steals by swapping it with a banana (!) V: "Do you know what this means?" Cyrus: "That I'm not going to have my afternoon banana?" (HEH!) As Hawk creates an ice path to the finish line for his dragon to skate on, Vicky decides to test the brooch on Hawk's dragon, and makes him slip on the ice, allowing Ruby's dragon to overtake him to the finish... V: "It works! Is this what happiness feels like?"
- The final event is the dragon obstacle race at Beast Castle, with LL, Rose and Vicky. Hawk questions if Rose's dragon needs her footwear, but Rose answers "No one needs beautiful shoes Hawk, but every girls loves wearing them, am I right? You're fancy!" (HEH) A: "It's so good not to care about grades. Is this how you feel all the time?" R: "Hmm, pretty much" Vicky swoops by to trash-talk, and LL comments: "If this is for honor, Vicky can't win" R: "Fairy tale girl power Lingling!"
- And here we go! First obstacle is a bunch of smoke, which LL blows a path through with her fan magic... Next up are vines... V: "Stupid vines! I'll make you into a salad!" Vicky is trying to smack Rose with her dragon's tail, LL pushes her away with a blast of fan magic... V: "Fly better you dragon!" V's dragon: "Really motivating"...
- Rose is having the time of her life, and her dragon says that her boots gives her confidence (HEH!) Next up is a bunch of spikes popping out of ground a la Tangled: Before Ever After, except these appear to be much bigger. LL clears easily, but time for Vicky to cheat, as she uses the brooch to smack LL's dragon into the tower and knock her off (!!) Rose uses (what else) her pumpkin magic to catch the falling LL, and LL tells her to hurry up and beat Vicky...
- As Rose makes up the gap, Vicky sees a big tar pit and assumes that to be the final obstacle, and uses the brooch to make Rose's dragon land in the tar... and it turns out Vicky's only half right about the final obstacle, since she runs smack into a net that looks like a Tecna spell and also crashes into the tar (!) knocking the brooch into the tar (!!) And to add insult to injury, Rose's dragon's boots aren't stuck in the tar, because Rose always buys tarproof boots... V: "I hate everything!" (falls off dragon into tar) R: "Like I always say: the right shoe and the right occasion can make amazing things happen"
- Beast's castle, where George is congratulating Rose on her win, but Rose is especially glad that Travis can hang his paintings at the castle, and Beast begrudgingly keeps his word: "I'm not sure I like these paintings on my walls" R: "At least I didn't deck the halls with mayonnaise!" LL: "At Shan Academy we were taught that contemplating art balances the warrior's mind, and brings about strength of arms" CB: "Maybe you're on to something Lingling" Travis has a hilarious sheepish reaction icon_smile.gif
- Coach Beast concedes that although George has a different teaching style, his heart's in the right place... and how does George respond? "You are truly a beautiful young lady" CB: "I AM NOT A LADY!" George: "But I'm married to my job I'm afraid" HEH! Meanwhile, Ruby is near the tar pits watching the groundskeepers cleaining up the tar: "I am so glad I don't have to clean this mess..." One guess what she spots... "Ooh, shiny" Things are looking interesting...

--------------------
SpiderBraids
post May 10 2017, 3:55 PM
Post #24

Bloomix Fairy

Episode 25: Fall of the Guardians (Penult episode!)
Spoiler!
- We open on a big action sequence, in which the Cinderella family dragon is trying to pelt Team Rose with pumpkins. Joy turns into a frog yet again, but Astoria takes uses her tower magic to fling her over to Travis, who kisses her back to normal, but they get pelted soon after... It's down to just Hawk and Rose, and Hawk makes an ice ramp, and Rose uses it to cast a pumpkin right back into the dragon's face (!) This all looks to be a training exercise, since Cinderella calls an end to it immediately after (causing Rose to fall on the ground LOL)
- T: "Don't you get to knock us around enough in class?" CB: "It's never enough, really" Cinderella calls it their first true lesson (really RegAc, wait until now?) because their first spellcasting lesson is coming up. Snow White tells the kids that "If you use your family's magic properly for the exam, you 5 will be given special lessons after school" C: "With special instructors" Who turn out to be the guardian dragons (Insert Rose gawking here!) T: "I'm ready to become the strongest" (is stomped on by his dragon LOL) CB: "Yeah, that's his primary teaching technique. You get used to it, but you never totally get the dirt out of your underwear" R: "We should probably help Travis" But it looks like Beast's dragon is giving the gang the stinkeye...
- Earth... Ruby kicks down the door to the shoe store that Rose stopped at that fateful day and demands to see the owners. The salesman says that no one sees the owners, but here they come, and they... aren't much of lookers (even scaring the salesman out of the shop!) Just in case it's not obvious, Ruby addresses them as the wicked stepsisters ("Or should I say, grandmas?") There's a blonde and a brunette, the latter is Ruby's actual grandma ("And you're my number one granddaughter, remember?") R: "Okay fine, how should I say hello?" Stepsisters: (Get their groove on LOL) "Wicky G's!" (That kind of butts up against 4Kids Musa-style IMO) It turns out that Ruby's stolen two things she needs for her plan from Vicky: A gate key and George's brooch from "last week"... And we finally find out where that missing glass slipper (alluded to during Parents Day) went: It's the Wicky Gs' own special power source (!!) They've got an evil plan, and the accompanying lightning strike makes their cackle almost Trix-like...
- RegAc, where everyone is reading their books for exams. Astoria cuddles her book almost baby-like (LOL!) Rose explains that their first extra magic lesson will be with the Cinderella family dragon... and the rest of the gang think they're probably learning about pumpkins (HEH!) J: "Well, whatever it is I'm sure it'll be fun"
- Jumpcut to Joy flying around with a pumpkin, as CFD explains that "These magic pumpkins react to your powers" Rose is struggling lightily with levitating a pumpkin, and ends up pulping the thing, while Hawk is practicing swordfighting in a field of pumpkins... and gets jumped by a pumpkin, while Travis is uh, making a pumpkin grow really large by pulling on its vine... T: "Hey, can you teach us something that doesn't involve pumpkins?" (Stomped!) A: "Hey, I thought only the Beast family dragon stomped students" CFD: "We're dragons. We all stomp students" (HEH!) "Now anyone else bored with pumpkins?" Hawk and Astoria are all "No way" R: "I've never been bored with pumpkins!" Joy has a crash landing and gets pumpkin pulp all over CFD's face (HEH!) H: "I wish I loved pumpkins as much as Rose" A: "I wish I loved anything as much as Rose" T: "All I learned is dragons hate me" (Well said, Travis) CFD: "Then you understand pumpkin magic" A: "Don't worry, I took notes icon_smile.gif" Turns out to be a picture of Travis under a dragon's foot icon_biggrin.gif T: "Ooh, nice likeness"
- Astoria uses her tower magic to deflect back a giant snowball. R: "So cool! Oh, do you have any magic to teach us too?" Astoria's dragon: "Well you don't have ivy, but you do have hair, so... The secret to remaining confident is to have confidence in... your hairstyle" (Flies by the others, changing their hairstyles) Joy and Rose comment on their hairstyles, while Hawk's new do makes him look feminine HEH. T: "That's ridiculous! My hair can't do anything for me!" AD: (Breathes magic on Travis) T: (suddenly has tall hair, loses balance easily) A: "Well, it just gave you a headache" (High fives her dragon's tail HEH) Travis does a back flip and his hair is back to normal... R: "Is it me or does Travis have way more control over his strength now?" AD: "That's because I'm an awesome teacher" We get to see Travis get stepped on again (LOL!)
- Next up is Hawk's dragon. Rose makes the expected "cool" pun, and the dragon snorts out snow (let's keep this child-friendly okay?) H: "Now that's cool as ice" Hawk says the dragon is the master of Snow Magic... and the dragon himself adds: "And karaoke!" Gang arrives at the dragon arena to learn snow magic, but first, a fun snow fight to "This is How It Goes" (and it just so happens that "Something There" also partially takes place in snow, heh) which ends with the dragon pelting Hawk with a bunch of snow. And here's another scene of Travis getting stepped on... Oh, and also Joy's dragon shows up to make it rain frogs: "And that, students is the true power of Frog Magic!... and the secret of the universe" (First digmoles, now frogs?) "Any questions?" Everyone not named Joy: (Raises hand in sync, making it look like a really wacky music video)
- But here come Ruby and her wicked grandmas and a cauldron coming through the portal... The guardian dragons come to attack, but Ruby's got George's brooch to force them back... The stepsisters announce themselves, and Ruby adds: "You know, if you don't want to be called 'The Wicked Stepsisters', then maybe don't announce it" HEH! H: "Yeah, okay, but the Wicked Stepsisters aren't real villains. They're just really jealous and have bigger-than-average feet!" The blonde one asserts they can prove it, as the brunette uses her wand to show that they've kidnapped Rose's parents, tied up a la Winx 1x17... T: "Kidnapped parents? Okay, now you're just trying too hard" Rose is tearful and asks what they have to do with this, and blondie reveals that "Thanks to them, we have this" This being that glass slipper, which Joy gawks over LOL
- But Astoria points out they can use it to become CFD's new master... R: "But why? How? MOM..." Mom decides that the kids deserve to know... Brunette: "OOH! Backstory! I love backstory!" She uses her wand to make the cauldron boil, and we use the green smoke to transition into a flashback: So basically Clara was supposed to guard the gate, but she took her dragon for a joyride to Earth to meet "some guy" (guess who) Dave: "Some guy, with awesome hair!" So with the gate open, the wicked duo went in and stole the shoe (!) And Rose is horrified at this revelation, as it looks like CFD has designs on attacking its own students... (How to Train Your Dragon 2 says hi)
- Travis has a good point: "Shouldn't the teachers have, I dunno, noticed all of this by now?" A: "Classes have been over for hours! Everyone else has gone home!" Brunette: "Now we'll open this gate, and let in all these fairy tale villains" Vicky and Cyrus show up, and Vicky is utterly shocked that Ruby is a real villain... H: "They did just explain their master plan; that's something a real villain would do" Vicky chews Ruby out for ripping off her idea, but Ruby responds: "Right, as long as we're around, it'll seem like we just stole your plan!" Ruby conjures up a shovel and uses it to knock her into the cauldron (!) J's dragon: "Well, whatever you're cooking, I'm not eating any now" And Hawk is really ticked off at not getting a climactic battle with their recurring villain (Now you know how we felt about the Trix taking Kalshara's spotlight late in S7 icon_wink.gif) A: "Don't worry! They can keep the guardian dragons at bay for a while, but they can only control the Cinderella dragon" R: "That means we have a chance!"
- Time for everyone to bring out their wands, as the grandma's splash the liquid in their cauldron around... Travis has an idea to distract CFD, and it involves presenting himself to be stomped icon_biggrin.gif And despite being under a spell, CFD can't resist stomping him (!!) This allows Hawk to create an ice ramp and take Rose with him (uh...) Astoria has a great line: "You're all about to have a bad hair day" The blonde cuts the rope holding up her parents, but Rose catches them with a pumpkin dragcart (!) Blondie uses her slipper to make CFD blow away Rose and Hawk... Travis tries making a tornado with his fury magic, but the tornado just blows him away... while Astoria uses her vinehair against the brunette and there's a hilarious(ly obvious) Matrix reference icon_biggrin.gif (though brunette isn't so good at leaning back a la Neo LOL) but then the tornado catches Astoria by her hair, and manages to get the rest of her team kicked in the face... as well as Cyrus (twice LOL)
- The grannies try to slosh their cauldron liquid right at Rose, but here comes Lingling to shield Rose from the slosh (!) LL: "I was on my way to get a sandwich and saw a tornado. Hard to miss" LL reassures Rose that anyone who hasn't gone home yet is on their way (spoiler: no one else shows up... at least this episode) but for now, LL uses her fan magic to blow Ruby and her grandmas off, and the blonde is hilariously using the shoe like a cellphone (LOL) trying to order CFD to crush the girl, except that they don't know her name until LL actually says it (Brunette: "Thanks" HEH!) Travis warns LL: "Don't get stomped, trust me on this" (LOL)
- Rose brags that today, she has mastered a new level of pumpkin magic... and conjures up 3 pumpkins... A: "The rumors of Cinderella power... they're true" Blonde: "Are those soft pumpkins?" And to an instrumental of "Best of Me" (from The Grand Ball), she pelts them straight at Vicky and her grannies. The brunette one is particularly agonized since she has her contacts in (LOL)
- Looks like LL punts off George's brooch into the cauldron, before sending a blast of fan magic at the blonde holding the Cinderella shoe and knocking it into the air, so Joy Frog Magic's herself into a frog... and heads it into the cauldron (!!!) Rose is shocked at the casual destruction of such an iconic fairytale item, but Hawk tells Rose to take advantage of their distraction, and so she sends a jailcell pumpkin (similar to from the beanstalk episode) to capture all three of them. Strangely, it's now the blonde who has the contacts problem: "Would someone please just bring me some contact lens solution?!"
- Rose finds herself having to explain the whole fairy tale school deal to her dad again, this time with slightly more detail, prompting Dave to respond: "Okay so, will you still get a diploma?" R: "What? That's what you're concerned about? Not the dragons or grandma being Cinderella?" icon_biggrin.gif D: "Rose, education matters, and anyway I've always suspected something ....... like this." Clara: "You have? How?" Dave recalls Clara's arrival on a dragon and casting spells in her sleep, causing him to wake up in a dress (HEH!) Clara: "They're ballgowns Dave. Gorgeous ballgowns" D: "Right, my mistake"
- Rose has to cut her discussion short to take Ruby and grannies to the teacher's office, but Dave ponders education in fairytale land: "Please tell me there's a fairy tale university... and please tell me they offer scholarships" But as the credits roll (on the US TV telecast), Vicky emerges from the cauldron and cackles: "The fools! A master of potions like me can never be defeated by a cauldron!" (Sniff sniff) "Ugh, why does cauldron magic always leave me smelling like troll's feet?" icon_biggrin.gif So, looks like they are getting their big final battle after all...

--------------------
SpiderBraids
post May 17 2017, 4:52 PM
Post #25

Bloomix Fairy

Episode 26: Vicky the Villain (Season finale, so it's gotta be good icon_wink.gif)
Spoiler!
- Now that that interloper Ruby's been dealt with, we pick up where the last episode left off, the gang is riding back on their dragons, with Travis riding with Dave, Rose riding with Clara, and Rose feeling rather dispondent she never got to wear Cinderella's shoe... but then Joy spots something coming from the gate... Uh-oh...
- So they head to the gate, and yep, Vicky's here and standing on Cinderella's dragon (R: "Quit standing on my family's dragon, you'll get footprints all over her") Long story short, Vicky's got the slipper (so Clara's still not off the hook for her mistake), and she poured a bunch of potions on it and it's now stuck to George's brooch (R: "Eww! Gross! You goobered all over my family's shoe") so she can now control all 5 dragons (!)
- H: "This is going to be the most epic battle in the history of fairy tales! So try not to get too excited, okay?" icon_biggrin.gif And then suddenly their grandparents show up (LOL) Vicky goes on about how she will be known as "The greatest villain in history"... and promptly gets hit by LeFrog's dragon's sniffles (LOL x 2) But anyways, Cinderella tells Rose to get her glass slipper... and Vicky has the dragons attack the heads of their respective families: Beast gets stoned, Cinderella gets frozen, Snow White gets... an apple in her mouth (LOL), Rapunzel gets vined, and LeFrog gets turned into a frog (!) T: "Wow, that was just... wow, not good"
- Oh, and on top of controlling the dragons, Vicky also has control of the gate, allowing her to bring out a bunch of villains from previous episodes. The RegAc kids resolve to fight, and Rose's parents chip in their 2 cents... Clara: "I won't let you do this alone" Dave: "I have no idea what's going on" V: "You don't really believe you have a chance, do you?" R: "Uh of course, because fairy tales always have happy endings icon_wink.gif" Hans Christian Andersen and The Pogues would beg to differ on that... as the dragons quickly blast away the kids as they're bringing out their wand-balls, how brutal... V: "And so, the heroes were all blasted to bits, The End!"
- In a Pythonesque gag that is somewhat lost on US TV viewers (they do not run the closing credits in their original form), the closing credits theme plays for a few seconds, replete with the animation at the start of the closing credits playing out... before Gigi runs through the "title card", knocking it over (LOL) and rushing to the other RegAc pets to inform them of the fracas going on. Nut is lethargic today, but that's nothing compared to the sleepy Doc, who Gigi pelts with a slice of cheese (what else?)
- Doc is shown carrying the other pets in a basket to one of the castles, then we see the pets carrying their masters' wand-balls (and Gigi is also holding Clara's wand as well) and we discover what really happened to Team Rose after they got blasted: They got locked up, with Travis' limbs encased in a big ice cube (!) and the hen from the beanstalk episode guarding the cell with Cyrus. Hen: "So kid, biding time for the chance to take over like the rest of us?" C: "No way! Now that Vicky rules, I get to be her simpering lackey! It's the bestest!" (This is the kind of stuff Brafilius wouldn't stand up for in S7)
- So anyways, the kids (+ Rose's parents) are despondent in their cell, until the pets show up... From the angle they're showing, Cyrus and the hen would have to have a really bad case of tunnel vision not to have noticed the pets by now, but anyways, Gigi rolls Rose's and Clara's wandballs right past the so-called guards (continuity issue: Clara's wand is fully extended, except when Gigi rolls them) which means that we finally get some hilarious magic attacks (!) The hen gets pelted by a pumpkin ("Not again!") while Cyrus gets clobbered with ballgowns (C: "Dresses! So many! So heavy! So pretty!" LOL) King brings in Joy and LL's wands, and suddenly Hawk also has his as well (huh.) to free Travis...
- LL reminds the other that they need to get the glass slipper, but Travis reminds them that this means fighting Vicky again, as he pushes away the cell door in one casual push (LOL... and hence, the ice cube) "Uh, yeah, that's not gonna happen" Rose theorizes that Cinderella meant the other glass slipper, as in at Castle Cinderella. Ooh...
- Vicky is dragon riding with Candlewick (episode 13) when they spot the gang riding their dragons out of the Dragon Arena, so Vicky gets the help of her "witches": The Evil Queen, the Sea Witch, and Shortbread. Vicky has Evil Queen take Sea Witch to hunt them down, but Evil Queen insists that she's reformed now (uh, then explain why you were such a bad apple in your episode?) "Then hunt them down while thinking happy thoughts" EQ: "Close enough!" (Okay, that's more like it LOL)
- Meanwhile, Clara and Dave are trying to stay clear of the school for now, a task not made easier for Dave by the frogs attaching themselves to him (LOL) but Dave talks some sense into Rose: "I may not be an expert on this place, but I am an expert... on you Clara, and what you want... is not to hide, but to help Rose. Go, I can take care of myself (gets clobbered by frogs) I'm okay"
- The dragons are being chased by the Evil Queen and the Sea Witch riding a cloud, making it rain poison on the dragons. Joy's dragon gets the full brunt of it because (one guess) Joy turns into a frog, and LL has to swoop in to catch her, getting her dragon doused as well, and having to jump over to Travis' dragon... (Wow)
- Cinderella Castle, and the shoe elves from the sleepover ep see the coming dragons and run off... R: "What we need are the perfect pair of boots" T: "Enough with the shoes!" (LOL) Turns out the shoe elves are catapulting large boots at the witches icon_biggrin.gif Rose is wearing a large shoe elf hat: "Shoe elves rule! I'm so going to be one when I grow up!"
- Inside, gang arrives at the hall of shoes, and Astoria says that Granny Cinderella probably has some kind of magical protection... Although it turns out that the slipper is literally in a generic glass display case, Rose opening it triggers a large boot to drop on her (LOL!) The shoe elves take the glass slipper out before handing it to Rose... and she gets clobbered again (LOL x2!) H: "Man, Granny Cinderella does not mess around"
- Back at RegAc, the rest of the villains are chilling out with Vicky and a tied-up Ruby... Bad Wolf (ep 11) is eating Shortbread's cookies: "When are we going to eat something else other than cookies? They give me gas" Vicky says that she's planning to use RegAc as their base of operations to take over the world, but Ruby chews Vicky out: "This coming from someone who couldn't keep Rose and her team locked up for an hour!" Bridge troll (who sounds like 4Kids Knut) dips Ruby in a big cauldron, which (as per Vicky's comment last week) smells like troll feet...
- Team Rose shows up with the slipper, and Rose apparently tries to use it like a wand, prompting much laughter from the villain gang (LOL) That is, until Vicky's shoe magically comes off her finger and flies straight into Rose's face icon_biggrin.gif T: "Okay, maybe you were supposed to catch that?" Rose realizes she has both glass slippers, and swaps out her armor boots with the iconic footwear (HEH) "Feast the power of Cinderella!" Rose promptly slips in the slippers, causing even more laughter from the gang (LOL!) before Vicky has the dragons go vaporize them, but here comes Clara to the rescue: "Time to make up for my mistake!"
- Team Rose attacks each of their own respective dragons with their own magic, but ballgown magic won't cut it against the Cinderella dragon... Rose jumps out in front of Clara with her wand as the dragon attacks, and Clara gets blasted away, but as the smoke clears, turns out Rose is still standing, as her slippers turn into armor boots (uh...) and she ends up being super agile, as she "skates" around the area with her new powers (illustrated with a cheesy rainbow streak from her boots...) Clara: "This is the power of Cinderella" Hawk leans on the fourth wall like crazy: "A new fairytale power in the final battle? That means we win!"
- Vicky sees this and decides to get the dragons on the case and Rose keeps evading them, even kicking away an ice blast from Hawk's dragon (!) prompting cheering from everyone, even Miss Prim and Proper LL: "Yeah! Go Rose! Woo-hoo! Uh... I mean, fine work Rose, keep it up... please..."
- Anyways, Rose continues her awesomeness by running up a bunch of Astoria vines to a kick a dragon in the snout (!!), before using her pumpkin magic (her wand literally pops out of nowhere) to create a surfboard (uh...) Vicky decides to put Rose to sleep, but Rose doesn't think so... Rose evades Vicky's blast and strikes back with two pumpkin missiles (a bit overkill maybe?) knocking the brooch out of Vicky's possession, and her into the cauldron LOL! (Vicky's little "Uh-oh" is simply golden)
- So how to deal with the brooch: Travis throws LL at it, literally, and she strikes it with her wand, freeing the dragons from its spell, before landing on pumpkin goo (HEH) Of course the rest of the villains point out they're still there, but not only does Astoria point out they have their dragons back now, so many of their allies from previous eppies show up (such as the giant from the beanstalk ep, Humpty Dumpty, the Mad Hatter's son) Dragon king Low Ong reveals that the shoe elves told them to come, before adding: "Hey Rose, looking good!" Rothbart (the swan dance ep) tries to run away, but here comes the teachers, having also been freed... Beast: "Tell us we at least get to pound someone..." This makes Candlewick cower in fear (LOL)
- Jumpcut to a stage in the castle's quad as a bunch of frogs bring in and empty the cauldron, and Vicky angrily wants her revenge... and then she notices the teachers, upon which she claims she was under a spell by the wicked stepsisters and blames their granddaughter Ruby for this whole mess... Snow White: "Oh yes! That makes sense!" So Ruby gets banished/expelled/dragged off, leaving Team Rose incredulous at Vicky's continued evasion of punishment, but anyways, Team Rose goes on stage, as Cinderella announces that they'll be getting new regal armor soon as a reward, and even gives Rose (what else) a pair of shoes for her fairytale collection...
- And Clara's punishment is also up for review: The teachers are all okay with it, and even Snow White has to concede that "She's been quite brave, I admit" (though thinking about it, she hardly did much icon_confused.gif) so that means Clara's banishment is lifted, and she's now free to travel between the two realms again, as Rose is congratulated by her friends: "Now that's a fairy tale ending! icon_wink.gif"
- Which takes us into the final scene/song "Take a Ride", easily the most epic RegAc song ever icon_smile.gif as we get a nice whirlwind tour (at one point, literally) of the fairytale land, by way of pumpkin carriage (Travis sits on the roof LOL) and the family dragons. Just wow...
- Despite the subtitle of this thread, I feel RegAc is more PopPixie than Winx Club: Not only because of the focus on humor, but also that, except for the stuff involving Clara, there's hardly anything major in the plot that depends on previous episodes to understand... Then again, that just means there's plenty of room to improve in S2 icon_wink.gif

This post has been edited by SpiderBraids: May 17 2017, 4:54 PM

--------------------
SpiderBraids
post Oct 26 2017, 3:06 AM
Post #26

Bloomix Fairy

(Dusts off thread) Just found out via Twitter that S2 is premiering on Nick Jr US... in less than two weeks (more specifically, 5 November). Source

--------------------
SpiderBraids
post Nov 1 2017, 3:55 PM
Post #27

Bloomix Fairy

New trailer just came out, and look at that new-look animation icon_smile.gif More pleasant on the eyes than the S1 look I'd say...

--------------------
SpiderBraids
post Nov 11 2017, 12:09 PM
Post #28

Bloomix Fairy

This season is making its debut in the US, where it has moved from main Nick to Nick Jr. (following in the footsteps of fellow stablemates Mia and Me and Winx Club)... and away we go icon_smile.gif

Ep 1: Pompoms! (Not the cheerleading kind...)

Spoiler!
- Right off the bat, we meet the new villain: the Snow Queen icon_smile.gif We learn that she plans on obliterating the 6 great fairy tale families... but for now, she's just peddling snow globes in Not!Gardenia icon_wink.gif Meanwhile, Rose is putting Thumbelina's thimble in her collection and ends up plowing through, making Snow Queen scramble to grab her globes as they fall... while Rose's wand hits the ground hard (this will be important)... And Clara also rams into the Snow Queen's customer, because she's heading to RegAc to teach fashion icon_smile.gif We also meet the new villain's kid Kira, who has a valley girl twang about her... and the exposition that she's heading to RegAc as well is met with a condescending "I actually know the name of my school (eyeroll)" Of course, we have to mention the fact that the art style is much more refined and easier on the eyes than the S1 look...
- After about half a season of not falling through the sky, Rose (plus Clara and Gigi) falls through the sky: "This happens to me all the time when I forget the magic words icon_smile.gif" Their clothes change midfall, and Clara changing to a full dress really can't be that good for her aerodynamic profile... Rose's wand is leaking pumpkin magic like crazy and it takes two attempts to get it to make pumpkin parachutes, and the leaking magic coalesces into... pumpkin minions icon_confused.gif
- The others are waiting for Rose... A: "I hope she remembers the entrance ceremony is graded" (HEH) J: "Do you know what always calms me down? Centipedes" (by which she means eating them LOL!) While Rose is dropping in (literally) and sending Clara off, the pumpkin minions cause everyone to scatter around (a pumpkin minion takes a picture of an ice-cream cone stuck to Finn's head while standing next to Pinnochia LOL) Hawk ends up tripping over a bunch of them while running towards Rose... T: "Did something seriously just clobber Hawk and not me? Woo-hoo! This is gonna be my lucky day!" Guess who a pumpkin-minion-comandeered dragon ends up ramming into LOL!
- Rose meets up with her friends, while Gigi trips over Nut's tail (HEH!) "It's so awesome to see everyone! Makes me want to break into song..." and just like that, we get a special back to school song, during which Rose clobbers Travis and Finn gets poked by Pinnochia's suddenly extending nose, before falling on top of Gerald LOL
- After a short interlude of some of the pumpkin minions cutting a string from a light, time for the entrance ceremony, where Kira introduces herself as granddaughter of Jack Frost (and another interlude of a pumpkin minions dressed up as Kira bumping another dressed as Granny Cinderella) Dr. LeFrog has some bad news... Granny C: "You barfed flies into my shoes again" LOL! The actual news is that the Snow Queen has returned, and as Granny C explains to the student body that she's a dangerous fairy tale villain, Vicky shows off that she has all her trading cards and posters, which she shoves in "our" faces... Astoria suspects that the pumpkin minions might be working for the Snow Queen, but Rose dismisses this: "I felt something with them, like a connection. But more importantly: You think I could get something from the Snow Queen for my collection? On second thought, nope nope nope! This is not the right moment" LOL!
- Fashion class with Clara... Travis dismisses learning to cut and sew as being "girly stuff" (HEH!) as Clara shows off by using her wand to dress up Violet Ogre, and then Gigi: "As you can see, the right outfit is a kind of magic" ... and then a pumpkin minion denudes Gigi LOL! Rose: "I'm a Cinderella, right? I should be a natural with dresses!" Jumpcut to Rose finding out she's stitched her RegAc tie to the mannequin (HEH) Still doing better than Finn making a dress that's way-oversized for Leena, and Violet flexing her muscles and sending the buttons on her dress flying into Doc and Vidal playing with cards LOL!
- Kira has been paired off with Vicky and Cyrus, the latter of whom gets knocked out by sleeping gas from their dress's choker (HEH) as Vicky explains that she's an expert at evil sleeves ("If you're into that kind of thing") Rose finds that the thimble is perfect for fashion class... but not her fingers (!) No problem for Gigi, though, as he helps Rose measure her dress... J: "Frogtastic, Gigi's a natural!" A: "Looks like our grade is safe"
- No sooner than she says that though, another wave of pumpkin minions arrive at fashion class and create more mayhem: Travis blindly running into Rose! Finn and Gerald being binded together with cloth! Clara getting rolled up in cloth! Pumpkin minions breakdancing! While everyone's trying to gather them up, Kira leaves the class: "Since everyone's busy, I've got places to be icon_smile.gif" Time for the kids to take out their wands to take out the pumpkin minions: Hawk ices them but a couple other minions shove the minion ice cubes into Hawk to knock him over (LOL) Rose uses her pumpkin magic to create a pumpkin prison for everyone... which is actually a small truck with a funnel on the roof for the kids to throw the pumpkin minions into it, basketball style (Joy and Hawk really get into it LOL) Since it's a truck though, one of the pumpkin minions drives the truck around class (!) until it's stopped by Astoria's vines...
- Over at the courtyard, the regular teachers are joined by Granny Ironfan... Her dragon says: "I'm sure it's because you're the best granny Ironfan, everyone wants to hang with you... Did I say granny? Because I meant princess, queen Ironfan" Kira is chatting with her mom via crystal ice ball (heh) while eavesdropping on the teachers talking about the imminent Snow Queen threat. Coach Beast considers it great news that the Snow Queen is coming for them first, but Rapunzel is bewildered at his claim...
- Back to the kids as they chase the pumpkin minions to the dragon arena (T: "That can't be good") and this time, the entire gang gets clobbered by a pumpkin-minion-driven dragon LOL! R: "It's that time... my favorite time... Dragon time!" (Rose's dragon shields her from raining pumpkin minions icon_smile.gif) Gang gets on their dragons (without their supposedly required riding outfits, huh) to deal with the dragons being driven by the pumpkin minions... H: "Let's show these dress wreckers"
- After a bit with some pumpkin minions swinging a still-flying dragon by the tail and flinging Hawk off, necessitating a rescue by Rose, Rose notices that the pumpkin minions seem to be responding to her, as she manages to get them to steer away from her dragon, and so decides to have them jump off the dragon they're riding... right into Travis and Joy's faces, ultimately leading to a four-dragon "pileup" (!) After extricating herself and her dragon from the pileup, Rose winds up falling off her dragon after climbing too high, but the pumpkin minions form a chain to rescue her (Cool!) R: "Hey, I don't think these are bad guys at all" J: "So does this mean... we're not under attack then?" (Rose also loses her wand but nothing comes of this, since she has it back by the next big setpiece)
- But while this is going on, Kira signals the Snow Queen to come out (on a dragon that somewhat reminds me a bit of Icy's S7 fairy animal Frostbite) and strike the teachers + Ironfan, encasing them in a ginormous ice cube... The kiddies (now back on their dragons) spot this and head towards the courtyard... Travis says of the pumpkin minions that Rose's riding with: "Rose, you'd fly faster without... them!" T: "They're a menace!" (gets smacked in face by one of them LOL) R: "Aw, he likes you"
- As the SQ approaches the ginormous ice cube, Lingling and two other randoms show up, and SQ takes out an empty globe and puts the two randoms in it, while LL manages to avoid getting victimized... Just as SQ's going to do the same with the teachers, here come the kiddies on their dragons, and Joy tries hitting SQ with frog magic, but "A novice at transformation could never threaten the Snow Queen" (her words!) as she ice cubes most of the kiddies (bar Rose and Hawk) Thankfully, Rose still has her pumpkin minions, so she has them distract "that overgrown popsicle maker" (again, exact words)... as she puts on her glass slippers (using her wand, of course) to take on SQ, using her fancy footwork to avoid and deflect her spells and grab her snow globe: "Perfect for my fairy tale collection!"
- Not!Frostbite ends up running into and shattering the teachers' ice cube while chasing the pumpkin minions, while Rose stomps the other kiddies' ice cube, forcing SQ to quickly gather her globes before making a hasty retreat, but not before promising that they'll soon be part of her collection... Meanwhile, Kira throws a tantrum about her mother's defeat, accidentally revealing SQ as her mother (rather than grandmother, hmm) to Vicky and Cyrus, and Vicky promises that "The Snow Queen will win next time, because she'll have our help" Ooh!
- Epilogue, and Rose and family talk about the pumpkin minions, which Rose christens, well, see ep title... Granny explains that the Pompoms are part of her magic and adds: "You are getting stronger every day. Your abilities are growing unpredictably" (which I can totally imagine FG telling Bloom icon_wink.gif) Clara: "Huh, at least they seem to be good at dressmaking" Rose is considering wearing the dress they've made to the ball, as we end on a bit of slapstick with Gigi and the Pompoms... before head into new-look closing credits based around hand-drawn placards of the characters on sticks, a la the pixie puppet show in Winx 2x07 (I wouldn't mind seeing a comic in this art style icon_smile.gif)

--------------------
SpiderBraids
post Nov 18 2017, 3:30 PM
Post #29

Bloomix Fairy

Ep 2: Beauty is the Beast (Huh, sounds familiar...)
Spoiler!

- So it seems like Rainbow is essentially trying to mold RegAc into Winx, as the first scene we see this week is the Snow Queen riding her dragon Blizzard... smack into RegAc's barrier LOL (the Winxification gets more blatant later) So she has to call Kira via snow/crystal ball... Kira: "The way you were talking, I could have sworn you were the drama queen" icon_biggrin.gif So RegAc's put up a "Barrier of Eternal Spring", and Kira responds: "Of course they did... So predictable" LOL. After a gag of SQ trying to deny she crashed into the barrier, we see that Kira's with Vicky and Cyrus, and he's brought snacks HEH! Vicky's got a score to settle with the grandchildren, and SQ recommends them to deal with Lingling Ironfan: "I think you'll find her... alone (cackles)"
- After a quick gag of two Pompoms going around on a paper airplane playing a trumpet, we cut to LL alone (of course) pondering: "Why do I have to be a team of one? Just because I can fight alone doesn't mean I want to" Meanwhile, Kira brings out a snowball which Vicky puts some potion on, and the sassy scion of the power-hungry villainess turns the regular into a monster. Huh, sounds familiar...
- Rose tells Travis that she's overheard her grandma telling her mom that there will be a secret ceremony today just for Team Rose. This news is briefly interrupted by her being run over by some Pompoms, and Travis asks: "Are these little spazzy freaks gonna follow you everywhere?!" R: "Travis, they are not freaks! I made them, with my pumpkin magic! So like they're my... cuties... my spazzy magic pumpkin cuties!" Meanwhile, Travis finds a jasmine (LL's favorite flower) on the ground. That flower looks a bit too big to be a jasmine, but anyways... T: "Today is going to be my lucky day!" Pompoms: chase Travis LOL!
- The monster approaches, and seems like Monster!LL is also cursed with endless hunger... Rose hides behind a bush, and MLL takes nice large chomp out the bush, and Rose runs off... as we cut to a classroom, where a Pompom is performing Figaro on a balcony (LOL) until Rose runs in to tell everyone about the monster, and the Pompom falls off the balcony (double LOL!) Today's teacher is professor Wolfram, who is teaching heroics class, and he decides to have the students capture the monster as an assignment HEH. Meanwhile, Travis is noticing that LL is missing...
- Rose tells the rest of her team about the ceremony, and although the true purpose is a secret, she speculates that they're going to give pets to the Pompoms. The kids look disgusted, while the Pompoms are in a celebratory mood LOL! Back to the MLL attack: MLL approaches Team Rose and we get a) Rose thinking that the monster likes her shoes (LOL), and b) MLL seeing Rose as a cupcake and Travis as a slice of pizza... surprisingly they don't make Hawk into an apple fritter or something (HEH!) MLL grabs Travis and we get a surreal scene of Travis turning into a pizza slice, but eventually Travis gets tossed aside, and ends up landing on the trumpet-playing Pompom... which makes it make trumpets noises from his mouth LOL
- MLL runs around in the quad, trying to avoid students and resist the urge to eat, and Team Vicky's spells. MLL eventually trips, and Team Vicky close in for the coup de grace as MLL begs for mercy... Rose sees this and tells Team Vicky to stop, which gives MLL time to run off, but soon later Finn tackles the monster and Violet and Leena put it under a cage... Team Vicky head to the case, but Rose stops them again: "The monster is captured, and helpless. You can't hurt it... that's just evil!" MLL breaks the cage and eats one of the pieces LOL! V: "Hey, she's not helpless... I guess we can blast her" Travis is suspicious about why Vicky would call the monster a she, and her cover-up is hilarious LOL...
- Rose has the Pompoms attack Team Vicky: "Aw, they just wanna snuggle you" HEH! (One even steals Vicky's ribbon LOL) Over with MLL, Travis tracks the monster to another bush, and he observes that she didn't eat the jasmine flowers... Rose runs in, and ends up making the monster scurry off... as she announces she has an idea (and Finn and Gerald's reaction made the perfect cap to the S2 trailer LOL)
- Pumpkin transition! Team Rose is on their dragons... R: "And so I thought, the monster is always hungry, why don't we invite him for dinner?" Her idea involves airdropping food for the monster from the sky, with some help from the Pompoms (pineapple falling on Gigi's head LOL) Travis is carrying a big cauldron of soup, and he ends up falling off his dragon: He hits the ground, cauldron lands bottomside up on his head, drenching him in soup LOL, but it doesn't end there, since after the monster takes the cauldron off Travis' head, Hawk and Astoria try to hit the monster with their magic and end up hitting Travis, plus MLL threw the cauldron up in the air as she ran away, and it conks Travis in the head LOL! Seriously though, with all these accidents Travis should have plenty of internal bleeding and concussions by now icon_confused.gif
- MLL gets to another RegAc public area, and Kira decides to introduce Team Vicky to her crystal magic... which is much less bling-y than it sounds, since it manifests itself as magic snowballs, which doesn't impress Cyrus it seems, but anyways, Kira is repeatedly pummeling MLL with those snowballs as Team Rose drops in from their dragons. H: "Suddenly I feel like defending the monster" T: "Yes, and we're going to" Travis says his intution or whatnot is telling him that "That monster is my... soul mate??" A: rolleyes.gif R: "...Works for me!" LOL
- So the gang takes out their wands to attack... Kira: "What, so this monster is your girlfriend now???" They aim their wands at each other... until Cyrus notices that the monster's escaped and the rest fall over (maximum LOL!) Travis chases the monster on one of his tornadoes until she sits down forlornly on the RegAc roof, and Travis is all "HUH." Back down below, Joy takes on Cyrus, and he's taken out by one zap of frog magic, plus his own wand falling on top of him LOL! Astoria hairgrabs Vicky, but Vicky sasses that she "can't wait to get you expelled for attacking another team instead of the monster"... but Astoria doesn't care and tosses Vicky into a bush LOL! Hawk's attack on Kira has no effect on her, and Kira fires a snowball that leaves a big mark on a tower in the BG... H: "Whoa, you realize we're still your classmates right?" K: "Oh, I know exactly who you are" Kira proceeds to strike them with snowballs, and Rose gets thrown up in the air... so Rose decides it's glass slippers time, and despite landing feet first from such a high fall, her slippers do not shatter (HUH.) and Rose proceeds to defend Hawk by kicking away Kira's snowballs (put that way, it doesn't sound very exciting, and the actual event isn't much better) K: "I am so telling my mom!" Hawk points out that Kira is insane, and Rose announces that "No one messes with my best boy!" Well said, and her attempt to backtrack is hilarious icon_biggrin.gif
- Rose sashays over to Travis, but Travis says "Stay back Rose, I got this" Travis quickly gets tossed away, however, he quickly returns on a tornado to confront the monster, who then roars very loudly at him, before picking him up and shaking him... causing him to drop the jasmine he's been carrying around all day apparently, so MLL tosses him aside again (remaining on the roof this time) and picks up the flower. This makes Travis realize that the monster is his soul mate LL (he's thinking in those terms already?) This makes MLL turn back to plain old LL, and LL asks how he knew, and Travis responds with: "Love goes beyond appearances, my heart saw the truth" Which I can imagine Brandon telling Stella in 3x04...
- This leads into another song "One in a Million" (previously used in Flowerpocalypse), with scenes like T/LL and Rose sliding down a pumpkin vine slide, T/LL running up an ice ramp on pumpkin skateboards, Kira extending her leg to trip T/LL only to get hair-yanked by Astoria instead, and Pompoms drawing hearts all over their faces LOL! Rose ends this little cutesy sequence by announcing it's time for their little secret ceremony...
- And now, the ceremony Rose has been looking forward to: Granny Cinderella announces that they should have expected that SQ would go after LL since she does not have a team or pet, so she decides to put her on Rose's team... Plus, Clara reveals a special reward: they're also getting new dragon-riding outfits, and unlike last season's outfits, they're not only color-coded, we also get a bunch of full-on transformation sequences, replete with magical-girl style endboards, taking up plenty of extra screen time, rivaling the initial Believix transformation or the Butterflix dance icon_confused.gif Rose being Rose, she abso-blooming-lutely loves the boots icon_smile.gif and her family's dragon even adds that their enhanced breath will help them in battles... LL conjures up her pet: a monkey which she calls Bao, and as with ep 1, we end with some more Pompom/pets slapstick, this time involving drawing on Bao's face, and Bao ending up riding a balloon... on the balloon LOL!

--------------------
SpiderBraids
post Nov 26 2017, 3:29 PM
Post #30

Bloomix Fairy

Ep 3: The Magic Fair
Spoiler!
- We open with Team Rose showing off their dragon flying show, and they're aiming to win best performance at, well, see title. They're up against Merlin and his sparkle magic, as he has Marvin (previously seen last season) and Merlina (baby girl, new) carrying some jars of sparkle magic over to his booth. Guess who's got an evil idea...
- Fair! R: "Look at all the cool stuff! I wonder if any of them have shoes for sale!" LOL! Rose runs around the booths, until Astoria stops her with her usual hairgrab and points out they have to run their own booth and show off their magic: "We're being graded" R: "Graded? But it's a giant party!" A: "It's Regal Academy. Everything is graded" HEH! "And the most popular booth gets the highest grade. So we have to get people here and then wow them" Kinda like what Rainbow has to do with RegAc LOL. Rose's idea: Pompoms and flyers (Gigi brings in a huge stack of flyers, and the Pompoms take the load off of him icon_smile.gif)
- Team Rose's booth, where Travis gets hit in the face by an incoming girl LOL. Joy and Astoria are bewildered at the queue of girls lined up. Girl: "Can you use mirror magic to tell my fortune?" Hawk drags in a really big mirror and calls on "Mirror Hawk" (who has the same voice phase effect as Mirror Rose, but doesn't come with the extra ditziness icon_wink.gif) She asks MH who she's going to marry, and MH simply replies "Hawk, definintely" Real Hawk has a horrified look on his face LOL! Hawk tries to dissuade her by saying that MH just woke up, but she tackles him anyway, and the girls all soon join in the dogpile, prompting a facepalm from the no-nonsense Astoria... and back outside, Snow Queen and Blizzard are anticipating the destruction of the RegAc barrier (OOH!)
- Back to Rose, who's having the Pompoms pass out flyers, while she gawks at the celebs attending like Sheherezade, Puss in Boots and Humpty Dumpty (I also spot the Shan monkey and the Hatter kid from 1x13 in the mix as well icon_smile.gif) Rose asks Humpty to sign her magazine (hmm?) and go rock climbing with her, and gets the expected response: Humpty saying "No, you'll break me!" before running quickly in the opposite direction LOL!
- After an interlude of a Pompom using mad flyer tossing skills, next scene has a couple of anthro canine guards being suspicious of three ladies in hoods. They call themselves the Weird Sisters (huh, wonder if they run a college for witches? icon_wink.gif), and the guards have never heard of them. A guard holds up his list, and there are pictures of at least three villains who'd definitely be unwelcome at this party, HUH... and another guard notes their familiar smells: Shortcake, crabs, and feet. Turns out Vicky is the president of the student committee, and lets the Weirds in because they're supposed to operate a booth. Vicky then reveals their real identities to her classmates: "Meet the Shortbread Witch, the Sea Witch, and the Evil Queen" (And I can see that Shortbread actually was on the guard's list, so what gives?)
- Another interlude, with Finn showing off his ocean magic to fill an area with like a billion gallons of sea water, on the request of a mermaid girl (so there are mermaid girls at RegAc, huh?) Rose is trying to get the spectators to watch their dragon show, but they're too busy watch Merlin and his sparkle magic, which he fashions into a dragon quite similar to how the Great Dragon has been portrayed in Winx... Merlin: "That's just a taste of their power! And speaking of taste, sparkle magic is not just super sweet and tasty, but also super fizzy!" Looks like the Pompoms want to try some, and jump over into the booth, before jumping on top of Merlin: "Pumpkin monkeys!" Merlina laughs at the shenanigans...
- The Weirds are dragging out their sword in the stone for a bunch of spectators to try their luck on, while Team Vicky steals a couple jars of sparkle magic (OOH!) Coach Beast is the first to have a go, and it drains his energy (literally) CB: "It takes a lot out of ya..." EQ: "Oh, it takes everything out of you" As others head over to try it out, CB can barely get anywhere before he collapses in a heap (!) Rose sees the sword in the stone and boldly declares: "Our dragon show will make them forget all about it" Nice detail: one of the posts on their gazebo has a rose (the flower) painted on it icon_smile.gif Hawk decides to make their performance extra dangerous, and put on their new color-coded regal armor, so insert long-winded transformations here rolleyes.gif
- So Team Rose decides to go all Blue Angels with their dragon flying routine (replete with yellow magic trails), but the Weirds' sword is still getting more attention... and draining everyone of their powers, as two Pompoms laugh at Snow White being drained, during another Pompom interlude... Rose magics up a bunch of flyers with her pumpkin magic (does it work that way?) and beans the Sea Witch LOL! She sees Rose's flyer and gets steamed...
- Astoria notices that still no one's paying attention: "Today is a bad hair day" Travis notices fireworks going off in the sky, and it makes the drained teachers etc. take notice, as Merlin is horrified that his sparkle magic is being abused... Astoria is glad that they're looking up now, but they quickly find the source of the fireworks (one guess)
- Vicky takes out another rocket and "lights it up" with her wand and sends it soaring through the sky, and it explodes before taking on the form of the Winx dragon, bewildering Travis... LL points out it's sparkle magic, and Travis asks: "How dangerous could sparkle magic be?" The dragon emits a blast of fire and sends it flying into the barrier causing cracks to appear... LL: "Sparkle magic is very powerful and dangerous" Hawk tries to attack the dragon, but his snow magic just goes through it: "Maybe it's just a trick" The dragon fires back and strikes him off his dragon, so Rose decides to rescue him, with an assist by a Travis tornado ("I'll do my beast" rolleyes.gif) and her glass slippers, and she jumps them back on her dragon... But hardly a moment has passed when he gets struck off again by a blast from below, however, he's saved by his dragon...
- One guess where that blast was from... The Weirds derobe, and take a look at their handiwork. Snow White can barely get a single "You..." out before the Sea Wtich mockingly offers a fistbump (LOL) as the Evil Queen taunts her: "You'll only feel like that a little longer... and then you'll never feel anything again!" After briefly cutting back to SQ waiting with an empty snowglobe, Snow White tries to attack back, but her wand is simply too feeble to do anything, and EQ tosses her into another booth (!) Hawk sees this and rushes to her rescue, but Rose and Astoria point out what's up for stake regarding the barrier, as SQ, Blizzard, and the sparkle magic dragon continue blasting away at the barrier... so Team Rose decides to attack at once, basically stabbing the dragon with a bunch of magical vines (and the frogs look seriously out of place in the combined attack IMO)
- Now this is where things get a bit screwy: We see the Weirds casting their spells at the barrier as well, but then the sparkle magic dragon starts chasing Hawk, and eventually both Hawk and Rose crash into the ground. Despite the nasty crash, Rose manages to point out the sparkle magic dragon to the Pompoms, and the Pompoms make quick work of eating the super sweet sparkle magic, leading to a visual of a bunch of Pompoms gathered in the shape of a dragon collapsing to the ground... R: "Sparkle magic. Simply sweet!"
- The barrier repairs itself, but that still leaves the Weirds to deal with: EQ decides to take the teachers with them, so they use their magic to move the non-teachers out and put the teachers in a pile in the middle... but then Shortbread gets put on ice by guess who? However, the Weirds quickly break out, and Evil Queen tosses Hawk back and saps his energy, but here come LL, Joy and Astoria...
- LL fans the Weirds away, Astoria uses her vines to knock their wands out of their hands and over to her, before Joy turns them into frogs (YAY!) However, the wands suddenly fly out of Astoria's hand and turns LL, Joy and Astoria into apples (BOO!) before EQ turns back to normal and takes back her wand: "You think frog magic could beat me? I'm the Evil Queen! Nobody can turn into a frog the fairest of them all! (goes over to Hawk with wand in tow) Here, I'll make sure Hawk doesn't eat you..." But then out of nowhere she gets a glass slipper kick in the arm from Rose (!) before then getting kicked over to the sword in the stone (huh, that's acceptable for Nick Jr.?)
- Then Travis grabs her arms out of nowhere (literally, there's no one at the stone as EQ gets kicked over, and it cuts to Travis already having grabbed her arms!) and tries to get her to tell how to break the curse and restore everyone's powers: "Never, I've already won!" So Travis threatens to have her grab the sword, but EQ points out it'll take his powers as well, and adds: "Both at the same time will overload it. It will destroy us!" Travis needs Rose's help to keep EQ's hands on the sword, as Hawk crawls over to his apple'd up teammates...
- Travis gets ejected from the stone somehow, leaving both EQ and Rose to get their powers drained as they both faint, and we get a nice long face to black from the unconscious Rose... and the next thing we see is Rose waking up to Hawk and Travis... and the rest of the now fully-awake crowd of teachers and spectators (!) Rose is confused at what happened, but Hawk points out "You broke the curse, by willingly giving up your magic to stop the evil queen!" Hawk confirms this by pointing at EQ being held prisoner at a stake, guarded by a dragon, a canine guard, and the billy goats. EQ: "It's almost always that... or a kiss" Which is what a couple Pompoms are doing, and the still-frogged up other Weirds are angling for LOL.
- Her slipper-mode boots dematerialize into regular dragon rider boots, and her wand rematerializes in front of her. R: "So my pumpkin magic is..." But without explanation, her wand acts up and starts magic-ing up more pumpkins that splatter in the sky, causing the crowd to flee the raining pumpkin goo, as Rose and some Pompoms jump in celebration before we end with a freezeframe. At least when Winx 1x10 US had similar shenanigans it could be blamed on 4Kids, but no excuse here... Yeah, and no closure on the grade or performance judgement, either...

--------------------
SpiderBraids
post Dec 11 2017, 12:52 PM
Post #31

Bloomix Fairy

Ep 4: Mirror Madness
Spoiler!
- We open with Team Rose making their way to Snow White castle in Rose's pumpkin dragster, with a Pompom riding the aerofoil cowboy-style before flying off LOL. There's a big cliff ahead, so they need to deploy the pumpkin chute... and it turns out there are a bunch of Pompoms obstructing the chute LOL! Rose decides to rocket over the cliff straight to the castle instead, before deploying emergency brakes... by which we mean Travis LOL! (esp his feet afterwards) Travis asks why they took the dragster here and Rose answers in her typical Rose way: "Because! It was awesome!!" LOL!
- In the castle, Hawk has spent all night with his wand at a magic mirror. Mirror Hawk: "Magic mirrors aren't your thing" Hawk: "Of course they're my thing! I'm a Snow White!" MH: "Then how come you can't work one?!" H: "Maybe because you're not helping!" The mirror reflection turns to his grandma, and mirror Snow White grabs him by the ear and drags him into the mirror... Doc isn't sure about what happened, but decides to take a nap.
- On the "other side" is a big room of mirrors, where Snow White chews out Hawk that he won't be ready for the upcoming magic mirror exam, and the rest of the team are busy wrecking the path to her castle: "And by they I mean Rose" LOL!
Hawk suggests that he should practice with the actual family shield so that "I can be good enough to defend myself, and the castle!" while Snow White points out how embarassing it would be for a Snow White to fail the exam, and adds: "Pass, or you won't ever touch the family shield!" H: "But you can't! I've been dreaming about the mirror shield since I was a kid!" "Well... then you'll have to learn to live with disappointment. Just like I do." (BURN!) Snow White doesn't want Rose to bring her little orange freaks (her words) either...
- Speaking of, Rose is telling the Pompoms to not cause mischief, and for good measure has the pets watch them as well... Hawk emerges from the mirror and we get a chit-chat with Team Rose about Hawk not being allowed to use the shield, during which we learn that Travis understandably wouldn't be allowed to use his family's item (hmm...), and Hawk explains that "Nothing I do is ever good enough for her..." MH: "Well maybe she's right" LOL!
- Astoria throws Hawk a cloth and optimistically says that they can impress them at the next magic mirror exam, but then she finds out that it's today (!) and faints with rigor mortis on top of Vidal LOL! So anyway, this is why they're at Snow White castle, and Hawk puts the cloth on the mirror
- Classroom, which is the room on the "other side" of the mirror, which Snow White calls the exclusive "Hall of a Thousand Mirrors" (ooh!) Each team's assignment is to use a magic mirror to retrieve a beautiful and dangerous object as shown on their respective scroll (which talks LOL!) and as demonstration, Snow White has Dr. LeFrog get a scale from a Bolt Dragon for repair her shoes, leading to scenes of him getting smacked in the face by birds and tree branches LOL! He emerges out of the mirror with both a nest of his head, and the needed scale. Meanwhile, Kira tells Vicky that mom's given her a super powerful curse to put in the main mirror (HEH!)
- On to the exam! After scenes of Team Alicia and Team Finn/Gerald's hilarious attempts at the exam (the former involving an undersea creature, and the latter featuring a Gerald slapping a Shan monkey and getting bonked on the head LOL!) We move on to Team Rose, who get a dragonstone for their magical object, which according to Astoria can melt anything (important!) R: "So cool!" J: "Actually, so warm!" LOL! Seems that Snow White has added an extra time limit to his proceedings, so let's get to it!
- Hawk is still having issues with Mirror Hawk, so Astoria hair-tosses him out of the way to open the portal. Looks like Astoria wants to do everything herself, but Snow White then announces that everyone must take part, Rose included, so Rose goes in and quickly gets the stone: "The perfect thing for my fairy tale collection" rolleyes.gif We pull out to reveal that the small corridor is on the mouth of a volcano... And there are a bunch of dragons hiding in a nearby cave (!) which cause Rose to back off the corridor, leading to a really long scene of all of Rose's teammates reaching through tht portal to try to stop Rose from falling (Astoria's hair and Frog!Joy's tongue may be involved LOL)
- Eventually they all fall into the portal anyway, but Lingling fans Travis over to an island in the middle of the lagoon for him to break their fall LOL! So how to get back up to the portal: Involves Hawk making an ice ramp and Travis making a tornado, flinging them back through the portal with seconds remaining, and Frog!Joy gets her kiss from a Pompom LOL.
- Snow White begins to berate Hawk when a bunch of those dragons come out of the mirror sending many students scurrying, with some Pompoms kissing them and playing with them... and a Pompom even conks one with a pan LOL! Vicky: "Thanks to Rose's little freaks, we've got our chance" Kira puts a spell on the main mirror: "Hello beautiful... Have a snowball!" This leads to a bunch of chaos in the room, which sees the dragons rushing back through the mirror and more importantly, Cinderella, Snow White, and LeFrog getting sucked through another mirror to Snow Queen's castle (!) where upon they get iced (!!)
- Team Rose returns to the room along with their pets to check the mirrors. Joy gets a nest on her head, a giant tries to kiss Travis, and the Pompoms try to still play with the dragons... Eventually, Rose sees Gigi in an ice cube, and when Rose asks which one she looked at in, Gigi indicates the main mirror- Rose jumps through, and quickly finds herself having to quickly evade SQ's attacks... LL soon follows, and after hearing that Rose can free the teachers, offers to distract SQ: "I love challenges!" Rose still has the dragonstone: "Made of magic fire? It doesn't feel very warm icon_confused.gif" But then she taps it with her wand, and now she's in business smile.gif
- LL runs around and distracts SQ... by knocking off some of her globes off the shelf with fan magic LOL. Doesn't sound like much, but by the time SQ's put them back up, the dragonstone has melted the teachers free. Teachers attack, but SQ deflects them away: "You think you can defeat me in my castle?" Rose: "Not so fast! Prepare to be uncomfortably warm!" Rose tosses the dragonstone at SQ, but SQ just "turns it off" with her wand and tosses it aside, but the rest of Team Rose are arriving, and Hawk catches it and puts it in his shirt (important!) T: "Did you save that for Rose???" H:" No, I..."
- No time for pleasantries, everyone has to rush back to RegAc through the portal, but SQ curses the portal to send them to LeFrog Swamp. LeFrog: "She picked the wrong place, my power is strongest here!" Well, Blizzard puts him on ice, and it doesn't take long for Cinderella, Joy, Astoria to get iced as well (!) Time for Rose to change her shoes then, but as she lunges forward, SQ ices her (!!) Still looks like SQ will get hit by the Rose-sicle, but Blizzard takes grabs it with its claws, and SQ hitches a ride back through the portal, through which Hawk also follows...
- Back to Snow White castle, and none of the remaining teachers are able to follow, so Snow White tells Hawk to break the curse, revealing this tidbit: "Think Hawk. The mirror's true form is a shield!" Rose and SQ emerge through another portal... SQ: "Rose is safe, and always will be... inside my show globe! But I can wait if you'd like join her..." Hawk follows Rose and SQ through another portal back to the Hall of a Thousand Mirrors... where all of the students (plus Pompoms) are on ice. SQ attacks Hawk from a mirror, and uses the iced-up Rose as a shield. H: "Hiding behind Rose? You're a coward!" SQ points out she's just using a shield: "That's your family's magic item, right?"
- Looks like Hawk puts up an Elsa-style ice barrier as he's trying to summon his shield from the mirror (with the same words that Rose puts on her slippers LOL!) He's denied, as their talking scroll tries to remind them of something, but SQ continues to attack, and hits one of the mirrors, which falls on top of Finn's icecube, knocking Hawk over and sending his wand flying behind one of the mirrors (!)
- MH: "Hawk wake up! Stop playing... Get up or Rose is doomed! Everyone is!" Hawk: "Shh!" LOL! The scroll comes over, and tells Hawk that he hasn't turned in his exam assignment yet (LOL) Hawk takes out the dragonstone and smacks it into the scroll: "Tell them that I passed!" icon_biggrin.gif Rose is grinning from cheek to cheek LOL as SQ says: "You don't know when to stay down!"
- Hawk gets up... and realizes his wand is missing LOL as SQ starts running again... MH hands over his own wand and has Hawk use it (does it work that way? huh.gif) Hawk puts up a barrier, runs over to the mirror and tries summoning his family's shield again, and this time it works (!)
- Hawk bounces SQ's next attack off his shield, and SQ tries shielding herself with Icecubed!Rose... but this time it shatters the ice cube, and Rose runs around before punting an ice shard into SQ's face LOL! and making her escape... Hawk catches Rose... R: "Wow, did you plan that?" H: "Uh, not this part. Got lucky there!" They're about to kiss when Team Alicia, plus the rest of Team Rose and the teachers, emerge from the mirrors in the room...
- SW: "I can't believe this but, I'm not disappointed in you! I'm the opposite, whatever that is." R: "The word is proud... You're proud of him!" SW: "Whatever." SW announces that Hawk will be the protector of the magic mirror, and everyone cheers, and even Mirror Hawk concedes the argument much to Hawk's delight... One last gag has Team Vicky (having apparently just made it out) being dragged back into the mirror with an undersea creature... Vicky: "What now? He already showed us his entire stupid shell collection" (gets dragged off screen LOL)

This post has been edited by SpiderBraids: Dec 11 2017, 1:32 PM

--------------------
SpiderBraids
post Dec 19 2017, 4:54 PM
Post #32

Bloomix Fairy

Episode 5: The Giant's Wife
Spoiler!
- We open for a brief visit to Not!Gardenia for the first time since the first episode of this season, where Gigi and Rose have stayed up all night to make a gift for Astoria, replete with appropriately-sized mugs of coffee LOL. Over at Astoria's tower, the gang (+ Pompoms) surprises her for her birthday offering gifts: Hawk holds up the most delicious apple... and decides to eat it himself LOL. Joy holds up a slimy swamp burger (yuck! Thankfully she eats it herself as well) and Travis offers Grandpa Beast's armpit brush LOL A: "But that's a brush for animals!" Rose's gift turns out to be a picture of them, surrounded with a macaroni-art picture frame (nice!) Grandma Rapunzel has her own gift for Astoria: The magical family item, the Fire Bangles. A: "Where's the owners' manual?" Granny: "There isn't one" LOL! "You have to trust them, let them into your heart" A: "Sounds easy enough"
Astoria tries turning them on the same way Hawk and Rose use theirs to no avail, and two Pompoms suddenly run of with them... that is, unti lthey levitate out of their grasp and starting chasing them. Punzie explains that "You can't control them with orders. Use your heart... not your mind!" During the chaos the two Pompoms repeatedly get Rose bonked by books LOL, and the Fire Bangles eventually toss those two Pompoms towards a window, but they manage to hang on to the window curtain... and get splashed by a stream of green gunk. Turns out Astoria's dragon is sick and sneezes all over them (!) Seriously, we already had a sick dragon plot last year, do we really need one again? Anyways, according to Punzie, the dragon ate slug snarfers again, which Joy finds yummy LOL.
- Dragon arena... Kira comments on the situation going on: "They look so serious" While Punz explains that she wants the big toe essence from the giant's castle because it is the only thing that can heal her, two Pompoms bonk each other while playing tug-of-war with a slug snarfer LOL. Hawk points out that the giant's castle is outside the barrier of eternal spring, which is convenient for Kira to call her mom LOL. Vicky: "Tell her I've got a friend who can help"
- After another round of those long-winded transformations, everyone's heading to the giant's castle, with the Pompoms hitching a ride on Rose's dragon's tail LOL. After arrival, Hawk has them leave but says "We'll whistle when we need you" The gang heads to the castle and discovers, well see title icon_smile.gif "So, what are you all staring at?" R: "Not your wart" GW: "It's a beauty mark!" LOL! So they ask for the essence but wife says she needs it more than them... As Astoria says they need it to heal her sick dragon, wife notices the bangles and thinks they're earrings, so wife has Astoria hand them over in exchange... and wife promptly refuses to give it to them anyway rolleyes.gif
- Wife heads off with the "earrings" and closes the door, but Travis manages to jam them to allow Team Rose to enter (not before briefly getting squashed tho LOL) Wife is trying on the earrings, as Astoria tries to summon them to no avail. H: "Maybe your heart wants them to stay on her grimy ears" LOL! Travis climbs up her armoire and picks up her handheld mirror: "I can't take this anymore, she's so annoying!" He tosses it at wife, and it just bounces off her arm and lands smack dab on him... Hawk follows and also bounces off her arm and falls into her powderpuff (and a couple Pompoms also get covered in powder)
- Rose suggests trying to talk to her face, and create a pumpkim helicopter with her magic... As wife picks the mirror up off Travis to look at herself, Astoria tells wife that they're friends of the giant, but wife insists that "My husband doesn't need friends, he needs me!" before tossing the mirror right back on to Travis LOL! "Seriously?" Lingling helps Hawk out of the powderpuff and he falls on to a perfume bottle bulb, spraying it into the hair, which eventually causes the wife to accidentally swat the helicopter out of the air LOL! R: "Abandon pumpkin!"
- Back on terra firma, Vicky introduces her friend Beanstalk Jack. "What's up Vicky?" "Evil stuff" Jack uses his magic ax to chop down the beanstalk to strand Team Rose up at the castle... where the giant's wife is still running on a rampage. A: "How are we going to get the fire bangles if she never stops moving?" Meanwhile, wife bumps her armoire revealing the bottle of big toe essence (why they know I have no idea), and Travis and Hawk manage to grab it from falling off the table. Wife: "So, you're trying to destroy my home! I'll smash you!" Rose (of the fire bangles) "You just need to trust them! (realizes) Like I trust the Pompoms!" So Rose has them stop the wife by causing a load of make-up mayhem (including eye-pencil rockets LOL) R: "Cuties, maybe you're overdoing it icon_smile.gif" Rose sees a few Pompoms getting launched to grab the wife pigtails and gets an idea... Astoria summons her ivy hair and has Travis launch her, with Hawk and LL hanging on to the hair, and uses her hair to trip the wife and knock her into a wall LOL! Time to get the bangles...
- Back down on the ground, Team Vicky examines Jack's handiwork, until Cyrus remembers that Team Rose flew their mission dragons, leading to Vicky facepalming, and the dragons confront Jack about the beanstalk chop... but Jack's got magic beans that ensnare them to the ground with vines Flora-style (!) Cyrus: "They look kinda cute like that" LOL! Kira: "Time to call mom..."
- Team Rose is running from the castle with essence bottle in tow, and we even have a brief moment of flirting between Travis and LL... This is important, because he ends up tripping on a rock, and LL makes an awesome diving catch to save the bottle... T: "Great catch Lingling!" Rose ends up running off the stalk-less ledge and Hawk has to save her, and also tries whistling for their dragons to no avail... and on top of that, here comes Blizzard and SQ... and Jack (!)
- SQ gets Travis and Joy, then two of the Pompoms... Astoria brings out her tower magic against Jack and his ax, and it goes about as well as you'd expect rolleyes.gif LL gets hit mid-cast, as Astoria runs back into the castle with Jack in pursuit... Jack throws some beans to create a vine, and eventually Astoria trips over and loses her bangles again (yeesh) A: "Fire Bangles? How can I trust you if you won't help me?" Jack: "The Fire Bangles! Actually, that's what I'm here for..." A Pompom trips up Jack as he heads to the bangles, so Astoria runs towards the bangles, then Jack trips her up with beans and steps on her wrist for good measure... The Pompom pokes Jack in the eye (!) and Astoria uses her ivy hair to collect the bangles and then her tower magic to ensnare Jack LOL. "Thank you ivy hair..."
- Astoria runs out to see the icy ruckus going on... SQ casts her spell at Astoria, and she blindly holds up her wrists... and avoids getting iced? Both SQ and Astoria are bewildered at this turn of events... SQ: "Nice trick, but you won't stop us both" But looks like the wife (still with all that extra make-up on her face LOL) is on Astoria's side now, or at least againt SQ since she's pelting stones at her and Blizzard...
- Astoria is dumbfounded on how save her friends... and is bewildered that she manages to deice LL, but then proceeds to deice the rest of her gang, much to their delight. Since wife is still pelting stones at SQ, Rose has an idea of how to escape, and has everyone jump off the ledge (!) before making a pumpkin magic balloon for them to land on (with a brief Pompom gag with one of them having to run up just to stay on) However, another stone throw ends up hitting the balloon knocking Travis off with the bottle (!)
- Back with the dragons, and they need something to break up the ground to escape Jack's vines... Enter Travis coming in like a missile (and he even keeps the essence bottle intact LOL!) The dragons fly up, and good thing since the balloon's errant flight throws the rest of Team Rose off, as the dragons catch them... R: "Awesome save, guys!"
- Time to fight SQ again, and Hawk uses his shield to bounce SQ's attacks back at her LOL. SQ shakes off the ice easily, and continues to make with the beam spam... LL: "She's too fast" R: "We need to all attack her at once" Kinda hard to do that when SQ ices up four of the teammates in succession (!) so Rose has Astoria fly down to save them, then summons her slipper-boots before having her dragon fly straight at SQ (!) Dragon: "Are you crazy?!" R: "Trust me!"
- As Astoria races towards her iced teammates, Rose is heading towards SQ: "I'm taking you down, even if I have to crash right into you!" SQ: "Bring it on!" Astoria deices her teammates, and as Rose gets close enough to SQ, Rose decides to jump towards SQ for her usual kick but this time gets iced (!) Good thing that a certain teammate has deicing powers, and before you know it she's back on her dragon... Next time Rose attempts the jump-kick, Astoria uses her bangles to block SQ's attack/distract her, and Rose lands the kick (huh, so they only needed just the two icon_confused.gif) Blizzard catches SQ and makes her retreat... Dragon: "Rose?" R: "Yes?" Dragon: "That was awesome!"
- Pumpkin transition back to the dragon arena. Astoria's dragon is still sick, because she got in two more snarfers. Astoria's dragon: "Why can't I stop? I need help people! I have a disease! A fever, for slug snarfers!" Thankfully, one spray from the essence bottle clears it all up and she's flying again in no time icon_smile.gif After Rapunzel and Rose both praise her for trusting her fire bangles, we end with Astoria's dragon taking a photo of the gang, in which Joy is eating a slug snarfer, Astoria and Rose are reacting accordingly, and LL, Travis and Hawk are covered in goo LOL!

--------------------
SpiderBraids
post Dec 24 2017, 4:20 PM
Post #33

Bloomix Fairy

Episode 6: Searching for Pinocchio
Spoiler!
- We open at Rose's house again... Rose wants to bring her bed to RegAc today to make things come to life: "It's fantastic isn't it?" Clara: "Things like beds?" R: "Yeahhh!! Wouldn't it be cool if the bed ran around while I was sleeping?" Rose jumps on to the bed... sending Gigi to the ceiling, flattening him LOL! Rose ends up settling for bringing the downstairs dining table and a spoon... while dad is actually using them ("I'm gonna miss this table" HEH!)
- Pumpkin transition... Granny Cinderella: "Start your furniture!" Everyone casts their magic on their respective furniture, making them come to life: Rose's table kicks all of Team Rose aside except for Lingling, and guess who flies into a wall and ends up getting clobbered by a dragon head statue LOL! Astoria: "How are the other teams doing?" After watching other teams have trouble with their living furniture, Joy concludes: "So-so" icon_biggrin.gif We get a visual of a Pompom riding an ottoman cowboy-style, and the pets following a drawer around... turns out it "ate" Gigi LOL. R: "Guys, why are we always competing with the other teams?" A: "Because of the grades obviously" A bigger drawer takes Gigi, and this one has room to take Vidal, King and Bao in as well, and Rose and LL chase it down before LL kicks all the pets out thumbsup.gif Suddenly, Pinocchia comes in and announces that her brother Pinocchio has gone missing on a trip to the Land of Toys, so Granny Cinderella announces that whoever finds Pinocchio gets an A for today and has the class stop making things come to life... (surprisingly, this doesn't come into play in the actual plot, wha?)
- Over to the dragon arena now, as Finn wants to check fairy tale town, and Violet and Odette plan to check the docks, so Rose decides to have her team check the forest. R: "This way, all our teams will work together. We can do that sometimes... Like when somebody's brother is in trouble?" Rose reassures Pinocchia that everything will be "better than fine... great! You'll see! We'll all swoop in like heroes and boom, rescue time!" As the other dragons leave, Pinocchia asks: "Do you really think you'll be able to find my brother?"... and Rose is oddly silent, which really disappoints her icon_confused.gif Vicky: "Working together? With you? That's funny, never going to happen!" Granny Cinderella does back up Rose's point though, much to her delight...
- Meanwhile, Kira is crystal-ball-chatting with her mom. SQ: "To make Pinocchio go poof, I had to call in some favors, especially one that smelled like fish. This better be worth it!" K: "Chill mom, Rose's team is going to end up right in our trap" Long-winded Team Rose transformations later, they head off on Operation Pinocchio, where Hawk surmises that Pinocchio had to go through the forest to head to the Land of Toys...
- Over in the forest, Candlewick (1x13) and Mangiafuoco (new) meet up with Team Vicky, as Candlewick intends to have Mangiafuoco keep Team Rose distracted... Kira: "I'm sure that to thank you for your help, the snow queen will totally make you into her general" Sure enough, Team Rose comes across the puppet theater and Rose decides to take a look rolleyes.gif Mangiafuoco offers to give Team Rose a puppet show and Rose obliges... LL is suspicious tells Rose to keep an eye out, and Rose spots a trio of donkeys, and Astoria notes that one of them is wearing Gerald's glasses (!) The donkeys point their front legs towards Mangiafuoco in unison LOL, and LL also spots Candlewick, so here comes everyone scrambling to get away from Candlewick's donkey magic and Mangiafuoco's puppet magic
- V: "Looks like someone needs our help" K: "Like always" So Vicky and Kira come out to aim their wands at Rose, but Cyrus runs into them and V/K's magic ends up hitting Candlewick instead rolleyes.gif C: "I wanna help too" After a brief interlude of a Pompom running on an old-fashioned gramophone and making it play fast (HEH) Vicky is disgusted and walks off... and trips over a Pompom, winding up in the "field of play" behind Rose as Mangiafuoco hits Rose with a Nose of Truth spell... Guess what it ends up giving both of them icon_smile.gif Sure enough, Rose is giddy about it (much to the rest of Team Rose's chagrin) and even tests it with "I am not particularly excited about fairy tales" LOL. This gives Mangiafuoco the opportunity to sneak up upon her and use his puppet magic, but Hawk tackles him out of the way and ends up getting hit instead (!)
- As Candlewick has Rose put her hands up (the Pompoms follow and fall of the pole they're holding LOL), we see the effects of puppet magic on Hawk: Not only does it shrink him, his voice also becomes more nerdy, and there's a bit of a specular effect on Hawk's hair. But in his own words: "Puppet or not, I'm still a hero!" He comandeers his owl Doc to knock Mangiafuoco over as he's about to puppet magic Rose and deliver her to the Snow Queen, and then avoids getting donkey magic'd as well... The rest of the team take out their wands, but only LL and Travis are needed here to blow away the villains. Kira and Cyrus make their exit from the episode: "How useless! Let's go... Vicky's a big girl, she can take care of herself"
- Candlewick runs off, but Mangiafuoco isn't so lucky and gets picked up off the ground... by Granny Cinderella's pumpkin crane LOL. Granny says she'll take care of things here, while the rest go off after Pinocchio... and that includes Vicky, whom Astoria notices: "Vicky? What are you doing here?" Vicky: "Uhh... you were in trouble. I saw you in trouble and I came to help" Guess what happens to Vicky's nose after that whopper icon_wink.gif Granny Cinderella is apparently oblivious to this and says "Perfect timing dear"... Granny recommends her to go with Team Rose, and Vicky protests that "I really should be getting back to my team" That also makes her nose grow LOL! R: "Vicky, we're nose sisters!" V: "I hate my life" (this makes her nose shrink, heh)
- So the whole team heads off, though instead of riding his own dragon, Hawk is riding Rose's shoulder, while she's sharing her dragon with Vicky (along with the usual Pompoms)... LL: "Hawk, are you certain it is wise to come? You are only a puppet" H: "I'm not a puppet! I'm an action figure!" LOL! Anyways, Astoria points out they have to cross the sea to get to the land of toys...
- Pumpkin transition again, this time, to Team Rose (+ Vicky) spotting the dogfish from Pinocchio (wait, a dogfish? I guess it must be Italian) R: "You don't see that every day... uh, you don't, do you?" HEH! They end up spotting a fishing boat with Team Odette tangled in a fishing net, and Travis announces: "With Hawk being all... puppet-y (H: HEY!) it's time for me to take the lead!" Travis is first to land on the boat, and the other soon follow (with the Pompoms falling on top of Vicky's head LOL) As Travis intends to tear that net in half, Candlewick shows up and manages to turn both him and LL into donkeys in just two tries (!)
- Astoria and Rose use their magic to lift Candlewick up with vines and toss him into a pumpkin prison carriage thing, but Vicky's not done yet: She throws a fishbone at the bell on the boat to bring out The Green Fisherman, who proceeds to rope up most of the gang, except for Rose and Burro!Travis... Rose demands GF to let her friends go, but GF says: "I've never tasted some rare friend-fish" Puppet!Hawk easily slips out of the ropes LOL, and climbs on top of the burro... Rose has the burro kick GF into the wall, and conjures up a helicopter for the Pompoms to use to free her friends from the ropes HEH. For extra measure, Astoria uses her Fire Bangles to knock GF out for good... by beaning him with them LOL, before then using her ivy hair to take down the net. Pinocchia is part of the freed gang: "You're... not nearly as bad as I thought" R: "Thanks Pinocchia. You really mean it so we can be friends?! Whattaya think?" P: "I guess I don't mind teaming up if we have to" R: (is giddy LOL!)
- Rose explains that the terrible dogfish is the key, as the gang uses the fishing boat to get around. We get a scene where Joy uses her frog-fu to save Puppet!Hawk and the two burros from being thrown overboard. H: "Wow Joy, that was really heroic!" J: "I get turned into weird things all the time, and you guys always look after me. Now it's my turn smile.gif" Boat wanders near a giant whirlpool, so Vicky tosses a spell at the steering wheel, and when Astoria tries to comandeer the boat to get away, the wheel breaks away (!) Eventually, Rose, Pinocchia and Vicky (who blames Rose for it) all end up going into the whirlpool and getting eaten by the dogfish (!)
- Rose wakes up in the dogfish and is giddy about it LOL, which tweaks Pinocchia a bit (other than not being able to find her brother) R: "Oh no, I did it again! I spoke without thinking!" P: "No nono! I get it! You speak with your heart, not your head, and that's... that's okay" R: "Thank you!" And by sheer chance, Rose spots Pinocchio (how convenient, tm Dana Carvey)
- Vicky comes out of a box: "That's it. I'm gonna give Rose an unhappily ever after right now!" Rose and the puppet sibs starting getting attacked and Rose is unaware of who's firing at them (eye roll), so she makes a pumpkin jetpack with her magic and flies up... Vicky continues to cast her spells from a crow's nest and Rose can't see who's doing it... Rose eventually winds up hanging from a post, and Vicky manages to sneak a few shots... R: "What can I.... Oh yeah! I can lie! I HATE FAIRYTALES!" Rose's nose extends quite a bit beyond its normal range LOL and knocks Vicky's wand out of her hand... Rose jumps to the ground and puts on her slipper-boots and ends up kicking one of Vicky's spells back at her and knocks her away. R: "Well, that took care of that, whoever it was!"
- Back to the matter of the puppet sibs. Pinocchia: "The dogfish is diving. We have to leave, now!" Rose manages to get her jetpack working again, and the dogfish has to quickly surface, allowing Rose to escape... and we see that the rest of Team Rose, plus Team Odette and the Pompoms are all crammed on what little of the boat is still above the surface (even though it was looking fine when Rose fell in icon_confused.gif) As they all cheer for the dogfish swimming away... Vicky emerges and hangs on to a piece of driftwood...
- Back to RegAc, where the teachers use their magic to restore everyone back to normal. Granny Cinderella: "Are you happy now?" R: "...Yes" Rose's nose extends slightly... Granny C: "Rose?" R: "But it's so cool!" Granny C: "I have an idea..." Granny casts a spell to make the wooden nose fall off her real nose, making it perfect for her collection icon_wink.gif P: "Good team-up Rose! You're a true fairy tale hero..." Joy remembers that Vicky was with them... and sure enough, we cut to Vicky washing up on an island with a monkey on it: "I hate you Rose. Hate hate HATE!"

--------------------
SpiderBraids
post Apr 12 2018, 3:01 AM
Post #34

Bloomix Fairy

(Dusts off thread)
Sorry for dropping off for so long, but I no longer had a source for English RegAc S2 icon_confused.gif However, since it's being premiered on Nick Asia (with reruns of Winx S5 preceding it, so... double yay?) I'm finally picking up where I left off...

Episode 7: The Frog Villain
Spoiler!
- Rose wakes up to a bunch of frogs in her room, much to her surprise, with Gigi trying to hold them back a la circus lion trainer LOL. Dave gets splattered in the face by his eggs after a frog jumps on his fork, and Gigi has a cupcake stolen from him with a long tongue LOL. Clara is dressing up some frogs, because today is joint classes with some place called Frog Academy (I watched in Italian first, and turns out they don't even translate the name in Italian LOL) Frog spits out a bar of soap and Dad slips on it LOL!
- Naturally, Rose expects to see Joy excited for a day all about frog magic, but Joy is, well, not so much, precisely because Grandpa LeFrog expects her to be awesome at everything today... "and I'm never awesome at anything!" Joy adds the only things she's good at are eating bugs and turning into frogs at the worst situations (HUH.) "I'm not a hero, I'm not a princess... I'm just... so weird"
- As Cinderella presents the delegation from Frog Academy in the classroom, Esquire (1x13) is back and presents Joy with a bouquet of flowers and bugs, which Joy does not like, but Joy has an instant crush on the head of the delegation, Von Frog, and his dance moves (OOH!)
- Over at the portal, Doctor LeFrog holds up a Frog Ball, as we cut to Team Vicky, together again huh, I guess Kira and Cyrus having to rescue her (and de-wooden-nosing her) must not have been a story worth telling icon_wink.gif The ball can be used to summon all sorts of insects, who proceed to attack Travis (as usual rolleyes.gif) with lightning and other attacks, such as getting his mouth covered with spider webs, causing the Pompoms to laugh LOL (so basically, Zing's Magicpop? icon_wink.gif) It even has magic moths that can dispel magic from the students' wands... Anyways, Team Vicky wants to steal it (insert M Bison "Of course" here) and intends to partner up with someone who wants it even more (I can see where that's headed)... and it looks like they're going to use Von Frog for this (wha?)
- This leads to a series of contests, starting with an eating contest featuring food more suited for frogs like bug burgers, fish tacos, and ladybug desserts, with a sight gag of a frog accidentally clobbering himself with an empty tray LOL. Of course the students who are not Joy gag at the food on offer, but Joy has no trouble polishing off the food, even burping as a ribbit noise LOL, and Von Frog even kisses her hand...
- This leads into Joy getting very own song, "I'll Do The Best I Can", playing over scenes of Joy taking on Von Frog in a swordfight and gathering flies... Joy is besting Frog Ac in every competition, including potions making (watch Snow White retch while smelling Joy's cooking LOL!)... during which Von Frog eyes the Frog Ball and decides to team up with Team Vicky and the Snow Queen. Just like that huh?
- Esquire notices that Von Frog is planning on stealing the Frog Ball and tells Joy about it... Not surprisingly, she just dismisses it as Esq being jealous ("He's the most gallant, sensitive, and talented frog I've ever met") even as the rest of Team Rose suggest that Esq might be telling the truth. Joy has a heartfelt rant: "Von Frog made me beleive in myself. Rose has always tried, but only Von Frog succeeded. He can't possibly be evil!" And I can sorta see her point, as there's literally no outward indication before going off with Vicky that he could be evil (at least with a certain prince from the Southern Isles, there are some subtle hints) Joy refuses to let her teammates report Von Frog: "Look, I'm not beautiful like Rose, smart like Astoria, a hero like Hawk, strong like Travis, ... or all of them like Lingling" LOL. "What matters is for once, I'm the star pupil with a world-famous frog who looks at me like Hawk looks at Rose!" (Insert Hawk looking awkwardly at Rose LOL) "So please don't ruin it" Rose: "We have to back Joy on this. Joy, I trust your instincts!"
- Coming up is Frog Fu between Joy and Esquire, and while the fight is proceeding in a seesaw fashion, Vicky decides to distract Dr. LeFrog by asking him what kind of bugs are best to eat as Von Frog steals the frog sphere with his tongue (LOL) and quickly get both LeFrogs silenced with spiderwebs (!) Team Rose's wands have no effect against the Frog Ball (re: magic moths) and Lingling does her best Tom Brady impression with Esq to have him free Joy (!) After a brief tussle between the Frog Ball's bugs and the Pompoms, Von Frog makes off with the ball, which angers Team Vicky... (This is what happens when you partner with someone who wants it even more)
- Von Frog flies off on a dragon, so time for dragon riding, and those lengthy regal armor transformations... Team Vicky joins Team Rose in the chase, but the dragon-flying part of the chase doesn't last very long before Von Frog escapes to a swamp that's inaccesible to dragons, just frogs and fish. Rose suggests that Joy should turn the team into frogs, and even though Joy warns them it's hard being a frog, she obliges (keeping the same hairstyle LOL) while Team Vicky turns themselves into fish in order to look for Von Frog...
- Team Vicky find him first, and chew Von Frog out for double-crossing them... Fish!Cyrus: "Well, I think we should throw something at him, now" Fish!Vicky: "For once Cyrus, I agree with you" ... and she tosses Fish!Cyrus at him (LOL!) knocking the Frog Ball out of his hands, which in turns causes it to go out of control (and the summoned bugs are apparently completely immune to water) and the frog classmates get eaten by lake worms of some sort (according to Esq, Von Frog's guardian)
- Esq tells Joy to have self-confidence in herself, and Joy points out that trusting Von Frog is how this whole problem got started in the first place (ironically, I was watching this episode immediately following the S5 Winx ep with Stella getting the Gem of Self-Confidence) But Esq points out that her victories at the various contests against Frog Ac stemmed from her self-confidence... oh, and it's also her family item (rolleyes.gif)
- Esq turns Joy back to human form, and Joy quickly encases herself in a bubble a la Winx 1x11, before summoning the Frog Ball in the same way as others do their family items to have the bugs fish her froggy classmates out of the lake worms, before teaming up with Esq to quickly gang up on Von Frog with a little Frog Fu (ending with a nice wink from Joy LOL)
- Back at RegAc, and Dr LeFrog points out even he couldn't bring a wild Frog Ball under control, and proudly gives Joy the ball... and remember how Clara was dressing up some frogs at the start of the show? Well, we end with Clara showing off her dressed up frogs, as the Pompoms hang-out with them LOL. (I guess they couldn't build a moral around Joy's self-confidence, given what happened because of it...)

--------------------
SpiderBraids
post Apr 19 2018, 12:42 PM
Post #35

Bloomix Fairy

Episode 8: Into the Enchanted Forest
Spoiler!
- We begin with what looks like a conventional Little Red Riding Hood setup, with a wolf sneaking up on her, but hoodie ends up tossing the wolf away (!) Turns out hoodie and a wolf police officer named Willis have been showing the RegAc students how to make an arrest LOL. Rose gawks at Sheriff Red Riding Hood with her usual "Best fairy tale ever!" and offers her a hug, and wants a patch of her red hood for her collection rolleyes.gif... and she gets tossed into the air (LOL) and Hawk has to catch her, prompting Sheriff to call her a princess. We learn that Hawk's sister Fala has gone missing since he was just 3 (and he still carries a picture in a locket, replete with apple on it) Sheriff says she hasn't forgotten about it and invites Hawk to the Fairy Tale Land police station. Rest of Team Rose wants to come and Sheriff refuses: "This is a family matter" H: "They are my family" (how "Fast and the Furious")
- We head to the police station, where all the officers are canine (anyone up for a Paw Patrol or Zootopia reference? no?) and are going through the motions of the their usual training routine (there's a ridiculously unnecessary fart gag in there, wha?) and typical workplace banter (one talks about winter coats only available in Chihuahua size LOL) Sheriff and Team Rose enter the police station, where after a brief gag of Sheriff offering doggie treats for fixing things in the station, Sheriff shows her current progress in investigating the case of the disappearances, which shows that princes and princesses have been disappearing for over a hundred years near the Enchanted Forest, where a wicked fairy named Tatanya supposedly lives ("But it's only a rumor")
- Hawk asks Sheriff why she never told him, and she says then Hawk would have tried to look for Fala and ended up on the board... Hawk: "You forget I'm no ordinary prince! I'm a hero!" Rose: "A great hero. And so are we!" Rose offers their services, but Sheriff insists on leaving it to the professionals... Outside the station, Hawk saves two falling princesses, and LL briefly considers if his love of rescuing princesses is perhaps trying to compensate for Fala... but anyways, since it happens to be Saturday tomorrow, they decide to go help anyhow...
- Back home, Rose is packing up a bunch of stuff into her bag (sight gag: she's shown running between the two edges of the screen, and one point she's shown carrying what looks like a fridge LOL!) and even bringing Gigi along... Clara sees her about to leave, and when Rose mentions the Enchanted Forest, Clara asks "Have you lost your mind?" but Rose responds that she's doing this to help Hawk... and Clara concedes: "I know you'll do it anyway"
- Fairy Tale Land police station: Sheriff shows up and has the cops ready for a mission. Once they learn they're heading to the Enchanted Forest, two sit out: (female blowdrying her hair) "The damp in that place ruins my hair" (bulldog) "I gotta catalog the prisoners by weight" (HEH!) We catch up Team Rose @ the forest boundary, with Rose late because she went to get the Pompoms (of course rolleyes.gif though just 3 of them today) and they head in...
- Sheriff and her officers have shown up. Good news: Sheriff has prepared a hyperdetailed map of the forest, made after years of exploration and survey, to prevent them from getting lost. Bad news: the canine officers didn't bring it because they have been using it as a board for chutes and ladders (LOL!) So Sheriff makes them use their noses: "And you'd better hope it works decently!"
- Travis has been marking their trail through the forest with rocks, but a living tree branch knocks one of his marks over, and there's an interlude of the Pompoms jackhammering rocks when another living tree branch intercedes. Rose thinks they should leave a trail of food in the forest, and Joy happens to have brought a snack, a bug burger icon_biggrin.gif Joy: "But we can't..." (starts eating it, LOLx2) "...waste them" After an interlude in which Travis gets his mouth covered with a toilet plunger LOL, Rose has a bunch of scented stickers and starts putting some on the trees to avoid getting lost, but they end up running into some living trees, leading to a bit of a fight, and Rose putting on her glass slippers and running...
- After a short interlude of the Sheriff finding one of Rose's stickers, back to Rose running some more, where Rose runs into some guy named Lysandre ("Once a prince, now without a crown") who tells her that the forest is run by a witch named Tatanya (insert flashback to the mention of her at the police station) who cursed him to wander the forest. He adds: "Find the heart of the forest... it's my--" Rose abruptly responds: "Heart of the forest. Got it!" and runs off, and she's long gone by the time he can even say "There's more" LOL. (This will be important)
- After some more running, Rose trips over a rock and slams into a tree, and a hedgehog who has a familiar looking hairdo... and she remembers seeing a portrait of a guy with such a 'do during the trip to the police station, and she realizes that Prince Hedge was turned into a hedgehog by Tatanya... as she hears her friends captured by tree stumps... Surprise, they're also some of the missing persons: "Man, that Tatanya lady cannot stop turning people into stuff!" LOL
- Hawk gets tossed up into the air... and gets rescued by the Sheriff? "I told you not to come in here! No one knows--" R: "Well I know something! These trees, they're the missing people!" S: "That's ridiculous" (You live in a world where dragon riding classes are a thing, and you find this ridiculous? rolleyes.gif) A dog cop bites a tree root and makes it scream, but Sheriff adds: "Lots of magic trees scream. Doesn't mean they're people" Hedge: (Punches Sheriff in the face LOL) Sheriff realizes he's Prince Hedge and reaches to the same conclusion as Rose... Travis: "Hey, are you gonna get us down from here or what?" Sheriff uses her Sheriff-fu to knock both the trees and the rest of Team Rose up into the air, leaving the cops to catch them (Astoria and Joy fall on top of one of the cops LOL!)
- Next is to find the heart of the forest... After a scene where Hawk tries to get directions from with Mirror Hawk in the shower LOL, Lysandre shows up to tell Rose that the "Heart of the Forest" is actually his stolen crown... Rose: "What?! Why didn't you say so before?" Lys: "You gave me like two seconds!" Rose: "Yeah but" Lys: "I'm not finished" (I'd judge, but let's just say I'd probably throw a tantrum like that...) He takes a breath to explain the deal from the top again... and then he quickly gets interrupted again, this time by Tatanya swatting him down (!)
- Time for the big boss battle! Both Hawk and Astoria take out their items, but whereas Hawk gets to actually use his shield, Rose ends up distracting Astoria while she's trying to (if this is the right word) aim her bangles ("Not the trees!"... shades of Winx S5 Flora?) and getting her captured by a tree again (!) Rose manages to get free and use her slippers to punt the Sheriff into Tatanya's head and knock off her crown... but as with the Frog Ball last week, the loss of possession does not stop the chaos going on... Lys: "It has no ruler! Get me the crown!" Rose quickly gets ensnared by one tree and soon ends up fighting another tree... when both trees suddenly stop fighting (HUH?) Rose notices the rest of the trees freeing everyone else and is dumbfounded. Rose eventually finds the reason when Hawk points out a Pompom standing on top of a tree, wearing a crown and holding a baton LOL
- Somehow, this also turns the hedgehog and trees back into a bunch of the missing people (causing Hedge to glomp Rose LOL) However, Fala is not among them, as it turns out that this scene is tied in to the overarching season plot: Lys explains that Tatanya traded Fala in exchange for a curse to steal his crown... to you-know-who. Surprisingly, this does not bring anguish to Hawk: "Now I know she's really alive, and we're going to get her." But that'll have to wait until (much) later... Sheriff praises Team Rose, while the Pompom with Lys's crown has ensnared Tatanya in a tree, and Joy eats bugs off her dress LOL
- Pompom comes down to give back Lys his crown and the Sheriff arrests Tatanya, after which we head back to the police station, where Sheriff tosses the canine cops a whole bowl of doggie treats (in spite of not actually doing anything much for the case)... and Rose joins in LOL!

This post has been edited by SpiderBraids: May 1 2018, 12:46 PM

--------------------
Degroot
post May 1 2018, 10:49 AM
Post #36

Earth Girl

Group: New Members

Thanks for reminding me about this show, SpiderBraids. I'm not even sure why I stopped watching after season 1. It's awesome!

--------------------
Make sure to carefully read this Money Mutual review to learn more about it.
SpiderBraids
post May 1 2018, 12:58 PM
Post #37

Bloomix Fairy

Ep 9: The Masquerade Ball
Spoiler!
- We open with Rose and Clara coming through the portal, and Rose is wearing a pumpkin on her head LOL! Today is a masquerade ball, and you can tell it's her first time since she can't see where she's going, and eventually ends up smashing the pumpkin: "Next time, cut eyeholes" LOL. C: "You have to survive the school day first" R: "How hard can that be? icon_smile.gif" Well, today is the most lethal dragonology lesson ever as taught by Coach Beast: Dragonriding in deadly storm conditions. Today's weather is good, but the point of this scene is to show off their family item: The Beast Mask, for controlling weather, as he conjures up a storm (no half-hearted quips about frogs getting struck by lightning needed icon_wink.gif) As with Hawk and the mirror shield, Grandpa Beast won't let Travis near it... Astoria: "Clouds and light rain won't knock anyone off a dragon" In the BG, a rider gets hit by another falling rider LOL! Astoria manages to avoid the flying debris, while Travis (who else?) gets beaned repeatedly LOL.
- Joy: "Fine, as long as I don't turn into a--" Good news: She doesn't.... Bad News: Joy gets clobbered by a whole bench, and Rose gets clobbered by Joy... and then Lingling gets hit too (LOLx3!) Astoria sees them falling and jumps off, prompting Alicia's "surfer-dude" teammates to rush in to rescue her... only for one of them to get clobbered by a big green ball of ivy-hair, which "explodes" to reveal Astoria sitting on a pile of hair, with the three girls (plus the dude) hanging from some of her hair tendrils... A: "I can catch myself: No prince charming needed" R: "That was so much fun, let's do it again" LOL! Coach Beast releases some hail, and Team Vicky decides that with the mask, the Snow Queen can freeze Fairy Tale Land... Travis asks if he's good enough for the mask yet, and Coach says "You'll have to withstand more than these light flurries"... and ends up knocking Travis off his ride with a blast of snow, though thankfully the rest of Team Rose catch him. Okay, class over, time to get ready for the ball icon_smile.gif
- The girls are all in awesome dresses. Rose: "Guys! Our first masquerade together! Is anyone as excited as I am?" Astoria: "I don't think that's possible Rose" LOL. Lingling (who shows about as much emotion as Maud Pie): "I am. Please, take my word for it" LOLx2. Hawk: "I'm just glad that Rose didn't show up with a pumpkin on her head." R: "Uh... I would never do that" Pompoms: (bring in pumpkin with face drawn on it) R whispers : "Get it out of here" Pompoms: (Toss pumpkin aside, and it lands on some random backgrounder's head LOL!) Joy asks if Astoria is looking forward to any romantic dancing tonight, but Astoria just replies: "I hope not. Study, study, no time for romance" (So, a more studious version of Aisha, then? Okay)
- Grandma Beauty announces that the masquerade is honor of her nephew, Sean Beast (blonde-haired male), who has been living abroad for some time. This surprises Astoria, and Rose quickly realizes that this means that Astoria knows him, but anyways, he has a surprise for everyone: "Mask Magic!" This provides masks for the whole party, and Sean adds: "Each mask comes with a touch of magic: Just give it a tap." Gerald the duck gets a cake on his head LOL. After a brief scene of the pets trying to serve drinks, we see other random magic going on: One of the guests turns into an elephant, another a giant jar of jam (??) Of course Rose wants to put it in her collection icon_wink.gif Hawk intends to offer Rose a flower with his mask's magic, but she ends up just getting buried under a pile of flowers (?) Travis: "Mine can't be that bad" Turns out to be getting a really long Pinocchio nose LOL. Others turn into all sort of other things in the BG (like some sort of green monster and a gingerbread cookie) as the next scene is going on: Travis meets Sean and calls him "The prince of the family"... and then I guess he slips off Sean (it looks like a weird animation glitch) and runs into LL, and Joy introduces everyone... and we find Astoria quickly trying to leave the party. HUH. Rose: "Okay, something is going on with those two. And we're going to help them" (Cakehead Gerald walks by LOL)
- Travis: "Class was a mess, but I have a feeling this is gonna be my lucky day!" Coach Beast tells Travis that since the Snow Queen is likely to sneak in her cronies, he's asking him to guard his family's mask. Travis is clearly not pleased at this, and when he asks Hawk, he's too busy being glomped a bunch of eligible princesses (LOL) While the Pompoms are eating Gerald's cake LOL, time for Team Vicky to spring into action (Cyrus gets caked LOL!)
- Beast Mask storage area... Travis: "How am I gonna prove myself down here? With all of grandpa's traps, no one can even touch--" Travis accidentally touches the outside of two cages storing the mask, and has to quickly avoid the falling boulder: "I always forget about that one" Travis spots two girls: "Who goes there?!" Vicky: "If we were going to tell you that, we wouldn't be wearing masks!" Kira: "Duh, let's finish this, before mom gets here and hogs all the credit" Kira accidentally activates a falling boulder, and both of the girls are rushing down the corridor, activating and having to avoid more falling boulders LOL. Vicky: "Where do they even keep all these boulders?!" LOL! The girls makes it through, and Travis adds: "Ha, I told you! No one dares rob the Beast family!" Vicky: "Then I'll simply turn my traps against you" Travis gets out of the way of the boulder Vicky tosses at him (it hits the cage to no effect), and then uses Fury Magic against the ice cubes Kira conjures up... but Kira somehow manages to get up right to him and knock him off his stand (T: "This is gonna hurt!")
- After a nice evil smirk, Kira uses her Crystal Magic to freeze and shatter the double layered cage to take the mask, a la Icy and the Codex at Red Fountain (Winx 2x10) Cut back to Travis hanging for dear life on one of the spikes in the storage area: "Grandpa, I messed it up!" After he slips off, this narrowly avoids being his unfortunate epitaph when Hawk shows up and covers the spike-laden bottom of the storage area with snow (though you'd imagine it'd take more snow to stop Travis from meeting a grisly end) "Hawk? Why are you here?" H: "I wanted to escape all those eligible princesses" T: "Well, nice timing, but next time, I'm gonna save you!" LOL, and keep that in mind...
- After an interlude of the Pompom knocking cupcakes off a tray being served by Team Rose's pets, back to Astoria/Sean plot. Rose asks Odette (Astoria's childhood friend, remember) about Sean, and we learn that Astoria was always saving him from bullies... and Astoria is eavesdropping on this (!), before hiding again when she hears Rose talking to Sean. Sean addresses Rose as "Rose Cinderella"... R: "Wow, I never get tired of people calling me that icon_smile.gif" Sean asks about Astoria: "Is she... embarrassed by me?" "You're like a dream prince! Who could be embarrassed?" Sean points out that Astoria had to look after him, and Rose briefly interrupts the conversation to chat with Gigi a little (the rest of the pets are carrying a tray of water) R: "Sean, you gotta show Astoria that you can look after her for a change" S: "I don't think I'll get the chance. She'll run if she sees me coming" R: "Heh heh, then she won't see you coming"... leading to the Pompoms glomping and chasing Sean LOL!
- Astoria is standing along at a bridge, and sighing when she sees Sean : "Let me guess, you're avoiding someone too, huh?" S: "No... I mean, yes! Yes I am, girl I don't know" Astoria giggles: "Have a seat icon_smile.gif" Back at the party, Travis tells Joy and LL about the missing mask, adding: "Grandpa's gonna disown me" LOL. LL: "Who did this?" H: "Two girls, wearing masks" J: "That's...... not helpful" LOL! The girls run off and who should be there but SQ herself? "Time to steal the Beast Mask and use its power"
- Back to the bridge, where two Pompoms are doing their best gondola riders impersonation LOL. A: "There is someone I'm nervous about talking to. It's ridiculous: I'm not afraid of deadly ogres or even deadly pop quizzes, but... I'm worried about talking to a boy?" She facepalms, or rather mask-palms, which magically changes her dress S: "Sorry, the dress masks don't last long. Let me fix that" (taps her mask to change it again) A: "Sean?" S: "I feel the same way you do. I was really nervous about talking to you again too." Suddenly, Astoria notices the rest of Team Rose (minus Rose) chasing Kira and Vicky, and Rose tries to tackle Vicky but it looks like she only manages to get her own teammates instead LOL. Astoria bemoans their collective bad timing and uses her hair to knock out Kira and Vicky and take the mask (yay) but then SQ flat out takes it from Astoria (boo) and decides to snowglobe her (double boo!)
- As SQ's snowglobe grabs Astoria with some tendrils, Sean gives chase, and Rose decides to help him with some pumpkin skates. Thankfully for Astoria, he manages to get the hang of it in time to come to her rescue, and her hair tosses the mask over to the surfer-dudes, each of whom try to give it to the other one until one of them ends up getting snowglobed (!) SQ takes the mask: "Now, I will force out the power of the Beast Mask with my magic" As Beast tells Team Rose to get the mask back, SQ adds: "Now that I'm in my element, I'll bring my own guests" Uh-oh...
- Compositing fail: We have a shot that pulls in towards SQ, and there are two static splodges near the bottom of the screen that are supposed to be the shadows of two Pompoms standing in front of her as she's conjuring up her guests... The shadows then move properly when they start running away from SQ's ice dragons (Whoa, deja vu icon_smile.gif) and Blizzard appears out of nowhere apparently icon_confused.gif as SQ starts wreaking her havoc, and Kira and Vicky smugly walk off... Astoria: "Is everyone okay?" Travis: "Okay? Okay?! Does this look okay to you?" Rose: "Travis, we'll get that mask back" And on that note, transformations! (this time, showing everyone in their fancy dresses at first)
- R: "Snow Queen, time for a showdown!" LL: "Lizard dragons are very strong. We are at a clear disadvantage" T: "Yeah, try not to think about that" LOL! Sean is riding with Astoria, as Astoria thanks Sean for saving her from the snowglobe. S: "Well I'm not much of a crybaby anymore Astoria" SQ has the lizard dragons make Team Rose into hero-flavored popsicles (SQ's words), but Hawk brings out the Mirror Shield to block her attacks, so time for SQ to use the Beast Mask to use the weather against them, by making a Stormy-style tornado: "You can't stop this!" Rose doesn't seem too worried: "Good! We have practice flying in storms! Woo-hoo!" LL and Travis's spells are ineffective against the tornado because they can't aim in this wind (LL's words) R: "We don't have to!" Rose uses her pumpkin magic to conjure (get this) a Pompom-guided missile... R: "No aim needed!" T: "No brains needed either rolleyes.gif What can this thing to do the all-powerful Snow Queen?" S: "Leave that to me. I have a plan" OOH!
- SQ sees the missile: "Really? Ice Magic!" SQ ice-cubes the missile, but then the ice-cubed up missile still manages to sideswipe the Beast Mask out of the tornado, causing it to dissipate (!) and the mask to fall into Gerald's hands, so SQ comes down and uses Blizzard's roar to send the Beast Mask, along with everyone else's masks flying... and that's where Sean's Mask Magic comes in, turning all the other masks into clones of the Beast Mask... When SQ grabs the mask, Sean asks: "Hey Snow Queen, are you sure you have the right mask?" She sees the clones fall into the hands of the guests, causing confusion all around... SQ: "I'll just take all of them... and all of you" Rose has Joy use her Frog Ball to have the insects snag the mask... Wouldn't that be a kick to the head if they ended up snagging the wrong one?
- The bugs snag SQ's mask, and Travis then snags it from the bugs in return... SQ tries to ice up Travis and he's desperately trying to fend off her Ice Magic with his arm (!!) R: "Come on guys, follow me" H: "Ready?" LL: "Of course, I love challenges" But then they all get knocked off by the ice dragons (!) Somehow, they all survive their falls (HUH.) Coach Beast: "Don't count my grandson down just yet... He can do it." Travis manages to knock off the ice that's gathering on his arm, and put the mask on before channeling his inner Banshee to send the ice dragons and SQ flying thumbsup.gif
- And on that note, we head straight back to the party... H: "You saved me this time... and like, everyone!" CB: "Travis, maybe you are the toughest Beast around" T: "Don't forget this guy (Sean), I couldn't have done it without him" Beauty: "Everyone... I present the heroes of the ball" This leads into the first all-male-vocals song in RegAc's history, "Friends to the End"... and Astoria taking Sean's hand. DAWW...

--------------------
SpiderBraids
post May 10 2018, 1:40 PM
Post #38

Bloomix Fairy

Ep 10: The Shadow Warrior
Spoiler!
- We open with Team Vicky and Team Rose riding their dragons (the latter with pets in tow, of course) We learn from a convo between Rose and Travis that they're heading to Ironfan castle for three nights, for the Full Moon Festival... R: "What could be better?" T: "Than a full moon? I can think of a few things" (This will be important) R: "Are you kidding me? I can't wait to see you under the full moon!" T: "Rose! Lingling will hear you!" LL flies aside Rose to explain the deal: "The Full Moon ceremony is more than just a sleepover. Princes and princesses have joined to get enlightenment and wisdom." A: "Could Rose get them twice? It would really help with our grades" LOL! LL: "My grandmother takes the Full Moon ceremony very seriously, Rose..." (guess it must run in the family) "... so I hope you didn't bring the Pompoms with you." Turns out the Pompoms are riding on her dragon's tail LOL!
- Team Rose arrives at Ironfan castle, and we cut to the entire class sitting in the main hall...plus an interlude of Pompoms sumo wrestling. LL: "Rose, get the Pompoms away before granny starts the class!" And guess who should show up just then... Granny announces that they will lean calligraphy today, as it will teach you discipline" (Gerald gets a face full of ink and immediately gets blown out of the room by her fan LOL) "It will clear your mind... and it will prepare you for the Full Moon ceremony." Astoria (and her hair) does great with the calligraphy, while a random student draws Granny as some sort of demon on the back of his paper (LOL)... and Rose draws a pair of shoes (what else? icon_wink.gif) Granny: "Rose! Fun is for parties. In class you must be calm and serious, like Travis" Granny thinks Travis is excited for the full moon... and this surprises Travis that he drops the ink bottle he's holding, leading to hilarious Pompom shenanigans where more ink bottles get spilled and/or splashed, and Astoria's hair gets inked LOL!
- Cut straight to nighttime, and Team Rose arriving at the family items room with Granny Ironfan. Astoria thinks that they're getting extra instruction because LL is on their team, but Granny reveals: "Rose is so undisciplined that you need all my help to get a passing grade" LOL! Hawk and Rose look at a picture on the wall, and Granny reveals it to be a picture of her sister. H: "Really? Where is she now?" Granny: "That's a story for another day" (This will be important) Granny shows the family iron fan, but Rose notices a bow: "What does the moon bow do?" Granny reveals that "What makes the moon bow special is its connection to moon magic. The power of the moon is absorbed, and increases the power of the bow 1000 times." Team Vicky's overhearing, and while Cyrus is practicing his calligraphy (LOL) Kira thinks that moon magic is such a joke: "It's only dark half the day, but it snows all year long!" Vicky pre-empts the audience's reaction: "I'm pretty sure that's not true" K: "Whatever, I'd rather have my snowballs than some iron fan" Anyways, Granny leaves the room, and Team Vicky rushes in, including Cyrus with his calligraphy stuff, which is important because he trips and accidentally knocks the iron fan pedestal over and spills his ink on it LOL. Vicky: "You're a bumbler!" A hand grabs the ink-stained fan, but it's not Cyrus or the others', but rather this well covered-up warrior. OOH!
- Over to the boys' dorm, where Travis thinks he hears Hawk snoring... it's actually his owl Doc LOL: "Must be worn out from a hard day of adventuring" T: "Uh-huh..." H: "Why are you still awake? Something bothering you?" T: "I'm just worried how Lingling is going to react when she finds out my secret at the Full Moon ceremony" H: "Pfft! Dude, your secret isn't even a secret. Everyone knows it already, it's no big deal" T: "It's a big deal for me! And it might be a big deal for Lingling..." (And for us as well, since we don't know what's his deal with the moon) H: "Travis, we see so much crazy stuff every day... Just follow your heart and you'll be okay" (...I'll just leave this here icon_wink.gif) T: "I'll do my beast" rolleyes.gif
- Girls' dorm! J: "Professor Ironfan is so strict about her lessons! I'm so stressed, I don't think I can even sleep!" Joy... falls asleep LOL! The girls talk about the pressure they're under... LL: "Granny is so strict, she puts a lot of pressure on me at times" A: "I know what you mean. I'm under a lot of the same pressure from my grandmother... only she wants me to find a prince already." R: "And I'm under a lot of pressure too, like every morning, I wake up and wonder... what shoes I'm going to wear to match my outfit for the day" LL (and myself): laugh.gif LL recommends that Rose should learn to meditate and to take things a bit more seriously. LL meditates and repeatedly says "Om"... while Rose repeatedly says "Shoes" LOL! Back to Team Vicky giving covered-up warrior photos of Team Rose, as Vicky adds: "If you help us, the Snow Queen will help you conquer this kingdom." Well covered-up warrior leaves and Cyrus asks: "Vicky, why are we helping her? We don't need her!" V: "Oh, we do. She is the perfect candidate to knock out Rose and her friends, forever!" So off the bat we learn that our warrior is a woman? Gee, that narrows it down a bit (not sarcastic)
- Next morning, with dragon riding class! Cyrus thinks it's redundant, but Granny points out that these are Chinese Mission Dragons (so China exists in Fairy Tale Land? blink.gif) "These dragons don't fly students, they swim through the air. It's a bit different." Finn is the first to be thrown off his dragon, and Granny fans him away, soon followed by Leena... And it turns out they get blown back to her castle to clean the floor LOL. Finn: "That did not go well for me" Travis comes in: "Me neither" LOLx2!
- Back in the air, where Astoria points out that riding these dragons is hard. Joy: "I dunno. I've caught a mouthful of bugs on my ride so far. I'm going frog-wild!" And then Joy's dragon rams into a cliff face LOL! Astoria decides to use her ivy hair to help with steering and staying on the dragon. It works, but as Granny says: "Ivy hair is no replacement for proper technique Astoria", and fans her over to do floor scrubbing (insert "bad hair day" line here)
- We're down to just Rose and LL, and LL complements Rose on how well she's doing. R: "Thanks, I'm just trying to impress your grandma" She does some nice daredevil flying, before landing in the middle island and nailing the dismount. R: "Whattaya think?" Granny: "Hmm. You didn't follow the prescribed course, your posture was off, your smile was 15% wide than optimal while dragon riding, and... you have a mouse in your hair" Gigi takes offense at that LOL!
- Night time, and the girls hear a crash and decide to head to the family items room to check it out. Rose sees covered-up warrior and she's giddy to see a ninja... Right, time for fighting, with lots of jumping, Tower Magic usage, fan tossing, Rose conjuring a carriage to bounce away the fan... The main uptake of this scene is that the ninja has ink-stained hands... Hawk and Travis arrive, and LL warns them about the ninja (referring to her as per the ep title). Travis sees her jumping down towards him and immediately Fury's her out of the room LOL. Team Rose looks at the damage, and Astoria and Joy decides they'll clean it up in the morning... after the lesson.
- Morning! Rose enters the items room, and looks like Granny is cleaning it up... Rose notices the telltale inkstain on her hands and Granny soon leaves the room. Rose rushes to the classroom and asks "Okay, what's going on here?!" Granny: "It's called class Rose, and you're late!" LOL! Rose demands to see the ink on her hands... much to her confusion, Granny doesn't have the inkstain: "Let me assure you. My hands are clean" (wonder if she recognizes the pun?) Hawk believes Rose, and LL talks about the attack. Granny is offended that they're accusing her, and adds that the family dragon patrols the items room all night so no one could come in. H: "I know what we saw!" Granny: "Your undisciplined team wrecked my hall and now you're looking to blame me? Well, you can spend the day cleaning the hall by yourselves! Now!" (shades of Winx 1x07?) Rose: "Wait, she's wearing different clothes than before. Could there be two Granny Ironfans?" Oh, now you just noticed? And considering that mention of Granny's sister a few nights ago... now you're just considering the possibility? Hawk is like "Huh?"
- Over to the items room, where Travis is carrying two pedestals on top of each other and a bunch of Pompoms are trying to put another up, which ends with Travis slipping on a Pompom and breaking the two pedestals LOL. Rose: "Let me handle this" After a brief montage of Rose cleaning (including the 4th wall LOL)... LL: "Rose, you're doing great" R: "I'm a Cinderella, we're great at cleaning" HEH! Rose decides to set up a trap for the Shadow Warrior, since "As long as the Iron Fan is still here, she'll come for it"
- Night time! Shadow Warrior enters one of the dorms, and slices up the blankets with her fan as far as I can tell... Rose shows up and then has the pets plus Pompoms attack her, sending her out into the hall, where Bao gnaws on her ankle as she runs into the rest of Team Rose... LL uses her Fan Magic to unmask the Shadow Warrior... and it's Granny Ironfan? LL suggests they should just let her go, and "Granny" takes the hint and rushes out... Travis stops her from jumping off, and Rose arrives at the conclusion we've arrived at a few minutes ago: "She's Granny's twin sister!" Twinnie uses her fan to blast Travis off the balcony to the roof, where he's hanging for dear life (!)
- The rest of Team Rose shows up, and Astoria tries her fire bangles, which Twinnie just fans/ping-pongs back... So, Rose tries her glass slippers, and it looks like they're going for a kungfu homage, but she doesn't last long before she's tossed aside and gets the fan thrown towards her (!) LL manages to grab the fan midair: "You can't mess with my friends!" Twinnie just magically pulls the fan out of LL's hand (!) Rose points out the iron fan isn't the only family item LL can use... so she decides to summon the Moon Bow (which is why her regal armor transformation features her firing an arrow) However, Twinnie keeps running around making LL's shot impossible... Rose has an idea as she looks at the full moon: "Remember what Professor Ironfan said about the moon multiplying the power of the bow? Lingling, fire it at the moon!" LL: "Rose, are you sure?" A: "It seems crazy" LL: "Let's do it! I trust you my friend" She shoots, and although it makes a bit of a light show, that's all it does... HUH?
- Twinnie jumps from the roof to the balcony to tackle LL, knocking away the Moon Bow, and finally revealing what her deal is: "Now I'll have my ultimate revenge. I should have been the head of the family instead of my sister..." (So essentially, we have a Nereus/Tritannus situation going on, though it'll probably be better-executed than Winx S5) "... and there's no way I'll let her pass it on to you!" Twinnie's going to make sure of this by shooting LL with the Moon Bow... (and look at how LL reacts LOL)
- ...when she suddenly gets fired at by the moon (!) with a bunch of moonbeams and has to jump out of the way... Granny finally comes out and catches Twinnie as she's blasted towards her. Hanging from Granny's arm, Twinnie lets out an evil "Hello sister" before making her getaway on a dragon... Granny reveals the issue with Twinnie to Team Rose: "You are all correct. The impostor was my twin sister... She was long ago disowned by my family and turned over to the Snow Queen for power. Thank you for protecting our family items from her" LL: "You are welcome Granny" Granny: "And Rose, I'm very impressed with you! You figured out the hidden power of the Moon Bow" R: "Actually...... it was just a guess" A: "Wait, that was all just a wild guess?!" R: "I thought it would be the coolest thing ever if it worked... and it was! laugh.gif" A: (facepalm LOL)
- Full Moon ceremony, with the students holding Chinese lanterns... Granny: "Lingling, on the night of the Full Moon ceremony, I see now that you have become a great warrior..." Granny looks at LL's friends cheering for her... "...and an even greater friend." Granny then presents LL with the Moon Bow: "The Moon Bow belongs in your hands now. It is safer there even than with me" And on that note, LL shoots the moon again, releasing its magic and making the lanterns float into the sky. Aww... "May the light of these lanterns light your way, and give you wisdom and insight!"
- This leads into a song between LL and Rose, "Part of Me"... during which the Pompoms light up a bunch of firecrackers and toss them towards the students making them scatter LOL! LL notices someone missing from the ceremony: "Wait... where's Travis?" H: "Uh, I guess you're the only one who doesn't know... Travis is allergic to moon magic. He's embarrassed about telling you" LL sprints off to another corner of the castle, where Travis is painting a picture of the full moon. When we finally see what he looks like... he looks quite a bit like Sirenix Stormy LOL. LL asks to see the picture, and she comments: "You're fantastic!" Much to Travis' relief, I'm sure smile.gif

--------------------
SpiderBraids
post May 22 2018, 1:02 PM
Post #39

Bloomix Fairy

Ep 11: Princely Competition
Spoiler!
- Rose is home, looking for the best shoe for today's Prince Competition (and somehow manages to wear a shoe on her head) "New fairy tale princes are coming, and I'm going to meet them!" Gigi makes her usual noises... "Of course I want Hawk to win. Er... uhh... I want everyone to win, wouldn't that be super cool?!" Her pumpkin alarm clock goes off and she has to hurry. Rose takes a look at the green shoes she's wearing... "I like them both" LOL, as the shoe on her head finally comes off and Gigi has to avoid it (!)
- RegAc, and Cinderella explains that the Prince Competition is a series of trials: "Perform poorly and you'll be eliminated" R: "So cool! Hawk and Travis. Who would be the best fairy tale prince?" Both answer "That would be me" in unison LOL! R: "No favorites of course!" This year's winner gets an automatic A+ on their chivalry exam, so Astoria adds: "One of you better win now, we need that grade!" Chad (the lone surfer-dude guy left after the Masquerade Ball) comes in to tell Cinderella that his grandfather is here... Prince Charming (!) R: "This I gotta see! The most charming prince in the history of charm" After being shown only from the back... we see that he hasn't aged very well LOL. "Prince Charming is the best fairy tale ever! Even if he's grown a bit old. Best fairy tale ever! I wonder how Chad can possibly be his grandson." As if to compound the old guy stereotypes, his first lines are "My back" and "Get me my cane" LOL.
- Anyways, Prince Charming will be the judge, and he's offering his magic charming cloak as the grand prize. Kira is having her mom listen in (of course) Kira: "Did you hear that, mother?" Snow Queen: "Sure, Kira, I'm evil, not deaf" LOL! Cyrus: "Whaat?" SQ intends to use the cloak to charm the teachers right into her snow globes...
- First contest is to rope climb to the top of a tower to rescue a damsel in distress... as played by Bea, the pea princess' granddaughter: "Just don't actually dare to touch me. I'm extremely sensitive!" LOL! Last two will be eliminated, and away we go! Okay, other than Travis and Hawk, along others we have Sean, Gerald, and Esquire, plus a dude with wings, and a guy who looks like he's wearing an old-fashioned furnace. Everyone is cheering for Hawk (of course) Hawk to Travis: "My fan club. Don't be jealous smile.gif" T: "I'm not jealous" He accidentally lets go of the rope as he says that LOL! (His fall, and everyone else's, gets softened by pillows BTW) R: "Did you see Prince Leaf's wings? They're fabulous!" Furnace prince takes out a potion and turns those wings into stone, while Esq is tonguing his way to the top... Bea: "Move it! You call yourselves princes?!" Rapunzel adds a little flower magic to the proceedings, by creating vines that throw some of the contestants off the tower (a la Flora and the ice crabs) Gerald manages to be caught by Odette LOL, while Hawk uses Snow Magic on the vines, and furnace prince a herbicidal spray...
- It comes down to Sean and Hawk. Sean: "Astoria, hope you don't mind if I win" A: "Not if it means we don't make the grade" Then out of nowhere, furnace prince uses some sort of grappling rope to overtake them both for the win (!) Bea has a really questionable line here: "Come on you lazy sl*ts, climb like you wanna rescue me!" Hawk ends up behind Sean for 3rd place... Furnace prince: "Not bad for a loser"
- At the quad, Team Rose decide that Hawk and Travis need help... We also learn that furnace prince is named Prince Earl Surly of the Northern Lands, and Cyrus got eliminated, so Team Vicky decides to help Prince Earl win, expecting him to give them the cloak once he wins... because that worked so well with Von Frog and the Frog Ball rolleyes.gif
- As Hawk and Travis bemoan their respective 3rd and 4th place finishes, Team Rose brings in a personal trainer... Prince Charming himself: "Even a troll can turn into a real prince following my advice" T: "Uh, did he just insult us?" Two of Hawk's fan club still think of Hawk as awesome, but seeing Esq follow Team Rose, they add: "Seriously, that frog is going to compete with Hawk?" This makes Esq sad, so Joy decides to split off to help Esq...
- Travis and Hawk's first training exercise involves evading Pompoms LOL. Eventually a bunch of them land on Travis' face and start kissing him, making Prince Charming laugh... before getting glomped by Pompoms himself LOL. Next exercise involves pulling present boxes out of nowhere LOL... Hawk hands a gift over to Rose without issue, but Travis' bulky box ends up flattening Lingling HEH!
- We get a wordless interlude of Joy and Esq grabbing flies on a lake with some Frog Fu (while her frog King does timekeeping) ending with Esq slip off his lilypad into the lake LOL. Back to Hawk and Travis doing jumping jacks, with Astoria helping to train them... Sean sees her doing this and is dismayed, which is then followed by an interlude of two Pompoms also jumping (one bumps the other aside LOL)
- Cinderella castle, where Travis and Hawk are carrying flowers. PC: "A prince has to be graceful and daring... and charm the ladies at the same time" So, they're going to defend themselves from an army of Pompoms with bananas (how Minion-y LOL) with nothing but a bouquet and a smile. Eventually Travis manages to break up the Pompoms' attacks are broken up with his so-called smile... T: "My smile was weak. They're just laughing at me" LL: "Then you have turned your weakness into strength. Most admirable" Hawk throws the flowers at the Pompoms and uses the distraction to jump over them (!) "Let's wrap this up" Hawk and Travis use their respective magic to make the Pompoms slip on ice and then blown away...
- Over to Vicky's castle, where Kira and Vicky are perusing the plethora of potions available to choose from to give to Earl... Kira opens a bottle and ends up scratching herself like a dog LOL. This turns out to be itching powder, and Vicky gives it to Earl, along with explosive darts and a kitty potion... These will all be important...
- Dragon Arena, where the final stages of the competition are about to begin. We learn from Prince Charming that Earl is the grandson of his arch enemy Prince Surly, who was always trying to steal his cloak (so let me guess, it's Von Frog all over again huh?) First up, dragon dancing... As you'd expect, we have Travis/LL and Hawk/Rose pairing up, as well as Kira/Earl and Gerald/Odette... Sean: "Can I have this dance?" A: "Sorry, I, uh, can't help you. You're the competition" Sean looks disappointed: "Whatever you say my lady" Sean ends up with Alicia instead...
- So basically they're dancing in pairs on the backs of their dragons (!) H/R get perfect 10s while T/LL get straight 8s... T: "Not fair, those princesses are in the tank for Hawk" LL: "Be quiet and dance" (To be fair, their dancing isn't as graceful as H/R) Earl tosses Gerald/Odette's dragon a doggie treat, causing him to sneeze and deposit them into another pillow pile ("Must be allergic to lovey-dovey") O: "Don't worry. To me you'll always be a real prince"
- Next event: Tightrope fencing, with Travis drawn against Sean and Earl against Esq... Prince Charming sprains his back cheering for Travis, before Leaf tries to take on Earl and gets sprayed with some of Earl's potion, knocking him out of sky and out of the contest... Next is throwing a cake to hit an ogre, not the princesses. Hawk shows how it's done, managing to hit his ogre standing behind a row of 6 princesses LOL. Everyone else contends with just one princess, and Esq gets eliminated in this round after hitting Joy (after Esq's ogre ducks LOL)
- Final event is an obstacle course... Cinderella: "A true prince must be able to work side-by-side with his princess. So, this is a three-legged race!" Instead of the ankles, they're tied together at the waist (!) Sean to Astoria: "Aren't you going to wish me luck?" A: "Yes... uh, I mean, just as long as you don't win" Sean does not look all too pleased at that comment... And off they go! Earl decides to add some of his own obstacles (Kira: "That's so romantic") starting with a poison fog... All three remaining teams use their respective magic to go over the fog (Sean's is a bit convoluted, using a long-nose mask to vault over the fog) Next, Kira fires her wand to knock a boulder into the path... R/H manage to avoid the rock but T/LL get knocked off course , and despite Travis valiantly balancing himself and LL, they still get disqualified... "Well, at least I got to rescue a princess" And this means that the issue of Hawk/Travis gets settled before the climax. HUH.
- Earl sees Hawk coming up strong on him: "Make do with 3rd place, wannabe prince!" Earl fires a dart at Hawk to blow out of the way, allowing Sean to overtake him. H: "Oh no, 3rd place again..." Rose spots some flowers on the side od the course: "Don't panic Hawk, remember what Grandpa Charming said..." H: "A prince has to be graceful and daring"
- Home stretch now, and Rose has an idea: "A meanie like Earl would never protect his princess" H: "And charm the ladies at the same time" Earl sees Hawk climb back up to 2nd, so he readies the kitty potion... Hawk takes the flowers and holds them at Kira's face and this makes Kira lunge forward and bring Earl down with her (uh...) The kitty potion gets tossed back and somehow Earl/Kira fall on top of it, turning Kira into a cat (must say that is quite the look on Cat!Kira)
- And even with that setback, Earl still manages to get up and cross the line first, but Earl and Vicky are flabbergasted to find out he's been disqualified (!) But as everyone else is watching Sean and Hawk race to a dead heat, Earl steals the cloak anyway (!!) Sean and Hawk and their princesses hide behind Hawk's Mirror Shield to avoid the cloak's effects (while Esq jumps on to Joy's face LOL) as everyone else gets charmed... one of the girl extras is holding an Earl figurine, and others have photos LOL (Incidentally, unlike with Von Frog, Vicky seems to have no issue with him using the cloak)
- That still leaves Sean and Hawk's teams, but an explosive dart sends Sean down the home stretch ramp and Earl grabs Alicia by the tail... Rose comes out, bur Earl's ready to dart her as well (!) Joy manages to pull Esq off her face to summon the Frog Ball and its bugs to either shine their lights on Earl to make him misfire (also allowing Alicia to escape Earl's grasp) or hold up a big electric fan LOL to blow the charmed horde away, or use spiderwebs to hold the charmed victims down... Earl tosses the itching powder at Hawk and Hawk bounces it back at Earl with the shield. You'd think Earl's armor would make him impervious to the itching powder... You'd be wrong, since he itches like crazy icon_confused.gif allowing Rose to make a run in glass slippers to take back the cloak thumbsup.gif
- After Earl gets arrested, time for the award ceremony, where Hawk and Sean are crowned co-winners. J: "Too bad Esquire turned out to be a dud, again" Esq shows up with a bouquet of insects and worms to thank Joy for her help... LOL at Joy's reaction! Hawk says that Rose can keep it as (say it with me now icon_wink.gif) part of her fairy tale collection
- Back in Not!Gardenia, Rose is walking past the shoe store, when a flyer showing Hawk and Sean's victory in the Prince Competition falls out near the door. The door opens to reveal it being picked up by someone we haven't seen since last season's finale: Ruby, and of course she still has her eyes set on Hawk. Ooh! (That said, none of the setups from the last few eps have a payoff as of ep 15 icon_confused.gif)

--------------------
SpiderBraids
post Jun 7 2018, 4:06 PM
Post #40

Bloomix Fairy

Ep 12: The Dark Dragon
Spoiler!
- We open off the bat with Rose falling through the sky, where her dragon tells her a) she's late for class (Rose's alarm didn't go off, typical) and b) Sir George (1x24) is teaching dragon summoning today, so Rose decides to give him a grand entrance, which may include the use of Regal Armor and involve diving straight towards the dragon arena...
- Speaking of, George is boring the heck out of everyone (Pompoms included) with the theory side of dragon summoning... which includes knowing the features of the dragon one intends to summon, otherwise "You'll summon something horrible, like a Madlove dragon" LOL! (Vicky might attest to that though icon_wink.gif) Eventually, Coach Beast insists that dragon summoning is easy and takes out his wand... and gets glomped by Rose and her dragon much to the students' delight LOL! Cinderella: "Rose, that was dangerous" Snow White: "Rose, that was irresponsible" George: "Rose, that was glorious" Rose is smug... and George adds: "Regal Academy has finally produced a dragon rider worthy of a dragon duel" (Much to the teachers' shock) Rose accepts the challenge, and the Pompoms cheer... Rose's opponent will be George's great-grandson, the almighty Gregory... and as he walks in Snow White asks "Did he say almighty?" because he looks like an utter dork LOL. And a Madlove dragon sits on top of Coach Beast LOL!
- Kira informs the Snow Queen about the duel between Rose and Greg, and SQ says she has the perfect partner for this, much to Team Vicky's confusion, before "hanging up" on them... SQ summons a dragon (see title) to do her work... SQ: "Serving me isn't work. It's fun!"
- The rest of Team Rose offers her their help, but by rules only one helper is allowed. Hawk of course offers his services ("We could train alone, together"), but his own grandma sees through the lovey-dovey and puts up Astoria instead HEH! While the Pompoms jump on Hawk icon_biggrin.gif Travis decides to check out Greg... and it turns out that Greg doesn't want to do dragon riding. He wants to be an artist (Travis is like Ooh!)... a sandwich artist, more specifically, but George is making him do it, as he makes Greg's dragon take off... Travis meets up with Greg and says he's going to help him win his grandpa over. Greg points out that while his family has been riding dragons for generations, he doesn't have a bond with his dragon, and the dragon doesn't even like him... but that's when the Dark Dragon shows up and essentially hypnotizes Greg into riding him into the duel instead (!) with Travis as his helper (!!) while shooing Greg's suddenly puny dragon off...
- Over to Rose and Astoria training, now and they're learning things like jumping off the dragon doing a barrel roll, bouncing a spell off walls before have the dragon protect them from being hit, and drinking at a picnic (yes, it's about as weird as it sounds)... and of course Astoria is better at these. A: "This training and the dragon duel depend on you bond with your dragon" R: "But we're super bonded! Like when she knew I'd be late and caught me?" Dragon: "Was that before or after our horrible crash?" Rose decides that they're going to need to bond even more, so she's going to go shoe shopping with her dragon rolleyes.gif
- Not!Gardenia shoe store, with no Ruby in sight... just the surreal image of Rose trying shoes, with her dragon poking in through the window. Rose tells two random customers that she's her cousin, and they see the resemblance LOL! Two random pedestrians notice the rest of the dragon's body and wonder if it's some sort of promotion... The dragon's tail swats them LOL! There's a quick gag of the dragon being allergic to the smell of a new shoe and accidentally setting it on fire (along with Gigi's tail) and her head accidentally bumping the ceiling and knocking a bunch of shoes and boxes over. They end up returning with plenty of shoes, including a pair in the dragon's size somehow LOL!
- Back to training, Astoria seems impressed that their little shoe shopping trip has improved their performance, but their attempt at a backstand flip is really disastrous, ending with Rose's dragon sneezing her smack into a wall (!) One wonders how Rose is even alive after that? Anyways, time for the duel... Coach Beast: "We can't look bad in front of Sir George, he'll mock us forever" We have some chitchat amongst teachers, students and even dragons ("Hi, did you bring popcorn?") Alicia fancies Rose's chances againsy George's great-grandson but George points out that no one in his line has ever lost a dragon duel... Anyways, Rose and Astoria show up and they're surprised to see Travis until he's announced that Greg's second, which they find weird. R: "Did Travis always have that scary... piece?" A: "I'll go check on him" However, here comes Greg and the Dark Dragon...
- The teachers spot the Dark Dragon coming in and Snow White says that they've been banished years ago. George: "Gregory looks really determined to become a sandwich artist" Dark Dragon blows away the teachers and also attacks the rest of Team Rose's dragons, so the rest of the team bring out their wands to open a couple dragon portals (LOL at Hawk's delivery of "Here dragons")
- They summon two Bolt Dragons and a Gumchew (the latter with sticky gum on its back), and we'll see how they come into play later... For now, Rose tries jumping on to the Dark Dragon to rescue Greg, while Astoria tries a tail slap on the Dark Dragon: "What are you gonna do next, sneeze on me?" A: "Exactly" (by using her ivy hair to induce allergies, HEH)
After a while of Rose trying to keep herself on the Dark Dragon for dear life, Rose gets thrown off (!) Astoria tries to swoop to Rose's rescue, evading bolts from the Dark Dragon... only to get rammed by Travis, knocking them both off (!!) And on top of that, the Dark Dragon also nudges Rose's dragon out of the way as she's trying to rescue her (!!!) Hawk comes in with his Bolt dragon to catch Rose, while LL catches Astoria on another...
- Joy tries to catch Travis on yet another Bolt dragon (uh, did the animators lose count?) but Travis ends up falling on the Dark Dragon, forcing Joy to swerve away... Dark Dragon to Travis: "I'm not done with you yet" Thankfully though, Astoria hair grabs Travis right off the dragon, before LL breaks the fairy-tale curse on him Spider-Man style (as in, the first Raimi flick)
Rose jumps off Hawk's dragon back to hers: "Let's show everyone how bonded we are!" Joy lands her dragon next to the teachers... and the Dark Dragon lands next to her: "I'm taking you all before the Snow Queen" Back to Rose: "You guys thinking what I'm thinking?" T: "Uh... don't think so" LOL! So Rose has the rest cover her, and Travis readies his Beast Mask...
Rose charges towards the Dark Dragon who fire bolts at her... and Hawk has Travis use the mask to create a lightning storm to strike the dragon back, throwing Greg off (!) George catches Greg with the Gumchew: "I put the great in great-grandpa" LOL!
- As the Dark Dragon zaps away Travis' storm cloud, Rose is calling a backstand flip (of the disastrous sneeze into the wall) and this tine it's even more risky since she's using one of her hands to use her wand to conjure up a pumpkin, which had the rest of the team guessing what she's up to... Rose then summons her glass slippers to kick the pumpkin straight into the Dark Dragon's mouth, causing it to suddenly stall and fall towards the teachers (!) They open up a portal for the dragon to fall in, and the portal closes as the students cheer... Vicky: "Your mom's going to be so bummed" Kira: "Good. That will teach her to replace us"
- Epilogue! Back at the dragon arena, Sir George proudly declares that his family remains undefeated (!) which Coach Beast finds ludicrous because Rose did defeat the dragon... but George dismisses their claim with a single word: "Interference" Coach: "Are you batty?!?" Well, barring the fact that Greg was being used by the Dark Dragon, George does have a point... Travis (despite probably being in the best position to argue that Greg wasn't even in control of his dragon in the first place) decides not let Coach Beast protest any further (thus making Rose the Gail Trimble of dragon dueling) T: "Now let him be a sandwich artist?" Coach: "That's ridiculous" George: "It is not ridiculous. If Gregory wants to be a sandwich artist, then so be it" Oh, so now he acquiesces... Coach Beast begrudgingly knights Greg as Sir Sandwich Artist LOL, and we end on a sandwich party involving the Pompoms, Greg and George, and Rose and her dragon ("Love it icon_biggrin.gif")

--------------------

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Add Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 7:01 PM