6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Add Reply
> A Complaint Has Been Sent...
Abby
post Nov 25 2007, 6:12 PM
Post #41

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Former Staff

I've heard of that show before. My dad said he liked it when he was a kid I think, idk. I think that we have the same amount of DVD's and Video Tapes, but probably soon more dvds, but some of the older movies I want to get are only on VHS because they were never released on DVD so I do still get video tapes.
Go to the top of the page
Boo
post Nov 25 2007, 11:31 PM
Post #42

Cosmix Fairy

Yeah, we have lots of Disney VHSs that haven't come out on a DVD. Disney seems to slowly be re-releasing their old classics on DVDs, but we don't really see the point in buying them again (even if our VHS player is broken lol...)

--------------------
When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door, that we do not see the one which has opened for us. -Helen Keller
bloom_daphne
post Dec 3 2007, 10:55 PM
Post #43

Bloomix Fairy

Well it's kind of due to the fact that we, in America have a different mentality than foreign countries. For example one episode, Musa slapped Icy, but 4Kids re-wrote the scene and have Musa give Icy a wart. Here that slap would have caused parents to believe that 4Kids is encouraging that violence is fine, whereas others might think it's fine to expose children to violence.
P-girl
post Dec 4 2007, 9:20 AM
Post #44

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Honor Members

I, myself think that's a bit to overconcerned. So what if Musa slapped Icy. She looked sorry from the moment she did it.
Boo
post Dec 4 2007, 9:43 PM
Post #45

Cosmix Fairy

I just don't understand how they don't care about something like an inappropriately violent scene on one cartoon but, oh dear, if there is a scene on Winx that is a little violent, they have to rid of it. Quickly now, lets make this cartoon only enjoyable to 6 year olds *nothing against 6 year olds*. Sorry if that sounds harsh....

I think they're only tough on foreign cartoons to be perfectly honest, not just 4kids, others as well. If it's to be aired in the US, but it's not made in the US, the edits are more harsh.

--------------------
When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door, that we do not see the one which has opened for us. -Helen Keller
P-girl
post Dec 4 2007, 9:46 PM
Post #46

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Honor Members

Being from Europe, I don't know exactly how American editors edit, but I do hear the most ridiculous things.....
Abby
post Dec 4 2007, 11:15 PM
Post #47

Cosmix Fairy

Yeah I completely agree boo. Sometimes I wish I lived in Europe, I know the United States is supposed to be a huge world power and all, but I really don't like living here sometimes just because of products, and little vacation spots that are really cool to go to (there are some, but not as many as Europe) and the fact that television shows might be better there. That whole slap thing bugs me because that would add so much more the the story line than just a wart on her face, it would add pain and anger for musa's character, showing how much she really does like riven.
Boo
post Dec 6 2007, 12:26 AM
Post #48

Cosmix Fairy

I totally agree. I am planning on studying abroad. I really really want to go to Europe. I want to see how different it really is from the US, if much at all. I'd be a great experience. I've been in the US all my life, never left this country, it makes me kind of antsy I suppose. Just longing to see how it is in a country different from this one.

I am upset that foreign cartoons are edited so much here. It truly upsets me.

--------------------
Abby
post Dec 6 2007, 1:44 AM
Post #49

Cosmix Fairy

me too. I really want to see the rest of the world and what it is like. I have left the usa, but only to canada, and my parents took me to london england when I was two, so I don't remember a thing about it. icon_sad.gif that makes me upset that I can't remember anything about being in london at all!
Boo
post Dec 6 2007, 2:59 AM
Post #50

Cosmix Fairy

I haven't even been to Canada. Thats another place I want to go to, (London). Thats sad that you can't remember it, but you were only two. I can hardly remember things from when I was 4 o_O

--------------------
Abby
post Dec 7 2007, 11:41 PM
Post #51

Cosmix Fairy

I remember things here and there from being really little. I wish my family had money to go on a real vacation this summer. we are going to Michigan, where there is absolutely nothing good to see ,and no winx stuff icon_sad.gif.
Boo
post Dec 9 2007, 6:41 PM
Post #52

Cosmix Fairy

We went on vacation over the summer (and it cost us A LOT of money), so we're going to pretty much stay home all summer. No vacations. I'm hoping that I can go stay with some relatives in another state though (they invited me to stay sometime since my cousin and I get along real well and she came over here one year).

--------------------
Abby
post Dec 9 2007, 7:34 PM
Post #53

Cosmix Fairy

thats cool. My parents actually said they want to go to tornoto again over spring break for a few days, so who knows, we might go and the movie might be out in canada then and not in usa and I might be able to see it or something and get more winx stuff if stores still have it then.
Boo
post Dec 9 2007, 8:52 PM
Post #54

Cosmix Fairy

That would be cool! All I can do is hope it comes out in the US lol.

--------------------
Abby
post Dec 9 2007, 11:24 PM
Post #55

Cosmix Fairy

yeah, I really hope it does. I just wish we knew that it was coming to the usa then I wouldn't be so anxious about it!
Boo
post Dec 10 2007, 12:26 AM
Post #56

Cosmix Fairy

Same here! If I knew a date, I would know when to look forward to it (if you get what I mean). It's kind of like, you know that your birthday is coming, but you don't get really excited until its a few days (or a week) away, that is usually always my case, so if I knew a date, the anticipation for the release would build (for me) a couple days before.

--------------------
Abby
post Dec 12 2007, 10:10 PM
Post #57

Cosmix Fairy

QUOTE (Boo @ Dec 9 2007, 09:26 PM) *
Same here! If I knew a date, I would know when to look forward to it (if you get what I mean). It's kind of like, you know that your birthday is coming, but you don't get really excited until its a few days (or a week) away, that is usually always my case, so if I knew a date, the anticipation for the release would build (for me) a couple days before.

Exactly. I wouldn't be so worried about it not coming out her or stuff anymore, as long as I knew the date or even thta it was indeed coming to the USA would be good.
Boo
post Dec 28 2007, 7:43 PM
Post #58

Cosmix Fairy

Yeah. I'm getting impatient for a date though. We knew about the movie for a long time, and still, we don't have a date set for the release. I really wish I knew. I sent an email a month or two ago and haven't gotten a reply. (wait, make that 2 emails) >_<

--------------------
Abby
post Dec 28 2007, 8:11 PM
Post #59

Cosmix Fairy

me too. I sent an email probably a month ago and never got anything back, I never get anything back from the official address' that I send emails to. I mean I just want the date to look forward to so I would be less impatient, its the waiting to know when it is coming out is what is bothering me. Even if the date is a long way away, I will still be a bit impatient, but we will at least know it is eventually coming.
Boo
post Dec 29 2007, 12:37 AM
Post #60

Cosmix Fairy

I would be upset if the movie is released a long time from now, but it still would be really nice to know a date.

I'm still surprised that I got an email back from 4kids. I was trying not to be too harsh, but I still think I did sound a little ticked, but they replied to me. I sent two emails to Rainbow S.r.l (to two different addresses), and I didn't get any reply from either.

--------------------

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Add Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 4th June 2024 - 7:22 PM