Group: Members

Anyone See this. I know we've already seen a shot of Amoré
Go to the top of the page
MorriganAensland
post Jun 5 2009, 4:30 AM
Post #2

Cosmix Fairy

There's always a rumor Rainbow's making a spin-off.

It's never taken off, and I'm convinced it's all a hoax.

--------------------

Hey, look! My sig's back!
aqua_pearl
post Jun 5 2009, 4:35 AM
Post #3

Sirenix Fairy

This is an image from the american licensing show I got off of Michael's winx page.

These are actual images, the shows not a hoax, whether it will last is another thing.

Im not liking their new styles
P-girl
post Jun 5 2009, 5:32 AM
Post #4

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Honor Members

I'm not liking the new style either. I was never a big pixie fan, but what I did like was that each had their distinct style. Tune was a little Victorian Lady, Amore got her tips from Greek dresses...... these new clothes just look so..... generic.

And guess what? Their enemies are called elves, and are supposedly small, Goth-like and mischeavous [sic] critters. Uhm.... Palladium anyone? I shouldn't complain, in Dutch, Pixies were being called Elves to. Confusing.....
aqua_pearl
post Jun 5 2009, 5:40 AM
Post #5

Sirenix Fairy

Well off course the elves are evil goths. You cant spell stereotype any other way. One will probably be a Mirta though.

I completly agree about individuality. Lockette even was just syled around locks and keys, piff in pajamas, now theyre going to look like normal earth girls instead of magical creatures.

I'd like to say I never want to watch it, but if they post it on you tube ill probably check it out.

When winx first aired I was like "this is stupid, im never going to watch this again." I totally ate my words as you can see. However I dont think pixie will be anything like winx.
P-girl
post Jun 5 2009, 5:48 AM
Post #6

Cosmix Fairy

If anything, I think the Pixie show will be more episodic and less.... well, epic. Those elves will probably be more like high-school bullies and stuck up bimbos then actual threats. (And that's not just a point against them because they're goths. Palladium's an elf, and he's probably one of the sweetest characters in Winx.)
aqua_pearl
post Jun 5 2009, 6:19 AM
Post #7

Sirenix Fairy

I dont think its against elves, just they seem to stereo type the bad guys always in that style. ie. the witches vs the fairies, though i guess the witches and fairies made friends after season 1 (from cloud tower anyways they seemed more civil)

I guess it would seem more scary to dress the bullies that way but it would be nice if they were a bit more creative
Bloomwinxmagic
post Jun 5 2009, 5:52 PM
Post #8

Butterflix Fairy

I liked old pixies better and I think this show will be for 1st, 2nd graders.

--------------------

sig is under construction, userbar by dragonfire :) Thanks!
Boo
post Jun 5 2009, 6:41 PM
Post #9

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Former Staff

I think this is just horrible.
What image are they trying to send kids with this? O_O Look at them. They're supposed to be cute, innocent little characters, and then they turn around and do something like this?
I'm sorry, but that is just flat out wrong.

I always thought, by bringing in the pixies in season 2, they were trying to appeal to a younger age group...
And so, knowing that they have gained that age group, they plan on creating a show in which their favorite little pixies just look... well, they just look inappropriate for young children (Look at Amore...).

If I were a parent of a young child (aged around 4-6), I definitely would not allow them to watch something like that.

Do you know how impressionable little kids are?!
I'll tell you: they soak up things they see on TV like a sponge.

To tell you the truth, as much as I like Rainbow and as cruel as this sounds, I do hope this show fails. It's simply not a good idea.

*end of rant*

--------------------
When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door, that we do not see the one which has opened for us. -Helen Keller
P-girl
post Jun 5 2009, 6:43 PM
Post #10

Cosmix Fairy

Well.... I think the main reason these outfits aren't that shocking to me is that I still have naughty school-girl Amore from the VERY first peek in my mind. *Shudder* That one is burned on my retinas forever.
humbu111
post Jun 6 2009, 11:18 PM
Post #11

Cosmix Fairy

--------------------

Credits to Bre for the forum set, and Ditty/Esca for the userbar :D

Boo
post Jun 8 2009, 9:46 PM
Post #12

Cosmix Fairy

QUOTE (humbu111 @ Jun 7 2009, 12:18 AM) *
Who knows, but I dont think we should be that firm in out opinions until we see out.

Seeing the promo images alone: I wouldn't feel comfortable letting a 5 year old watch it.

Like I said, it disgusts me that they're sending out this image to the younger demographic they've acquired. That's why I really hope it doesn't do well. I sure wouldn't want any little girls to be influenced by the pixies' outfits and poses (and, like I said, little kids are very easily influenced...). The media is already sending out awful images for them, the last thing they need is their favorite cutesy characters influencing them to wear things and act in ways they shouldn't.

True, first impressions may be incorrect, but when they release images like this, they're just asking for pre-show criticism and negative feedback. thumbsdown.gif

--------------------
When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door, that we do not see the one which has opened for us. -Helen Keller
humbu111
post Jun 8 2009, 9:55 PM
Post #13

Cosmix Fairy

--------------------

Boo
post Jun 8 2009, 10:15 PM
Post #14

Cosmix Fairy

I am aware. ^_^ If everyone in the world had the same opinion about everything: life would be pretty boring.
In any case, I always love expressing my own opinions and listening to others. In some cases, like when I feel very strongly about something, "debating" is fun to me, (despite the fact that I'd never go into politics or law.) lol

Anyway,
True true, the same could be said about the outfits in Winx Club, and I did think of that, but after thinking about it for some time, I realize why I have such a problem with the Pixies revealing outfits versus the Winx Club's revealing outfits:
Target demographic.

Winx Club began with a target demographic of an older age group: one that isn't as influenced by everything they see on TV (by that age, some know better). Not saying that they're not influenced at all by the media, (for we all know how untrue that is), but they're not as likely to be influenced by it versus a 5 year old who is just beginning to understand things.

I just find it sickening that they've acquired this pool of young viewers, and are now intending to send them influences such as this. These characters, at least I believe, were brought in to attract younger viewers (thus why the target demographic decreased from season to season). Putting them in inappropriate outfits and giving them inappropriate poses is just totally disgusting, in my opinion.

Well, I suppose they still have time to "clean up their act", though. And I sure hope they do... icon_confused.gif

--------------------
humbu111
post Jun 8 2009, 10:18 PM
Post #15

Cosmix Fairy

Ohh, I get ya. Okay, I see exactly what you mean, and agree completely. Except for the fact that is should fail lol, in my opinion it having to do with Winx makes me automatically vouch for it xD

--------------------

Boo
post Jun 8 2009, 10:28 PM
Post #16

Cosmix Fairy

Lol, yeah... I do admit that I'm much too critical sometimes. icon_mrgreen.gif
That, and I'm an overprotective older sister, so I tend to watch these kinds of things carefully. icon_biggrin.gif

--------------------
winxclubrox23
post Jun 8 2009, 11:12 PM
Post #17

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Journalists

I see Boo's point here. I, on the other hand am nowhere near an overprotective sister. Lol. My sister, who's 11, watched Chicago with me for the love of pete!

Oh, and seriously! What's up with Tune!? What she's wearing is nowhere near her style...

--------------------

Thanks to Ditty for the userbar! Llamas by CookiemagiK on DA

Add Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 8:52 PM