Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Add Reply
> Frozen 2
SpiderBraids
post Dec 22 2019, 3:37 PM
Post #1

Bloomix Fairy

Group: Members

Another Disney megahit, racking up box office dollars everywhere... and also a legitimately good sequel icon_smile.gif Thoughts in the box...

Spoiler!
- Honest Trailers quipped about the original being a feature-length music video for Let It Go... and here it seems like Disney has adopted a tactic of trying to throw a bunch of songs in an attempt to get at least one of them to stick a la Let It Go (even this video seems to think so LOL) to the point where this film almost feels like it's half music videos... At least the songs are decent to good icon_smile.gif even if not as memorable as Let It Go, or even Build a Snowman or For the First Time in Forever... (Incidentally, I didn't listen to the songs first, so the first time I heard the songs were in their proper context, as part of the movie)
- Plotline revolving around the classical elements: I've seen people compare it to Avatar (as in Aang) and Captain Planet, but the first thing I thought of was W.i.t.c.h. icon_confused.gif Seems like they've also been cribbing some plot turns from Once Upon a Time as well... Plot is serviceable, though not as remarkable as the original (though that's to be expected of sequels I suppose)
- Sure looks the film likes reliving past glories, between Olaf retelling the sisters' "backstory" icon_biggrin.gif, an in-story performance of Vuelie (aka the first film's opening theme), and Elsa walking past "ice statues" of past events (even punching a Hans statue icon_biggrin.gif)
- Characters: None of the new characters really made much of an impression on me icon_confused.gif And I'm probably the only one thinking this, but I'm guessing either Chris "Oaken" Williams left Disney, or they really couldn't find much of a role for his wacky merchant icon_confused.gif (Checks out Wikipedia) Turns out he left last year for Netflix...
- At the screening I attended (standard 2D, only had 3D in Imax here), the biggest laughs came from Olaf, not surprisingly, especially him trying to mimic Elsa making "that voice" icon_biggrin.gif

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

Add Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 6:50 PM