2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Add Reply
> Doctor Who
Ranma
post Jan 10 2013, 11:15 AM
Post #1

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Senior Member

You know, I'm surprised that I've never seen this up here before. This show is really awesome. It's about a time traveling alien called a "Time Lord" that travels through time and space in his ship, the TARDIS. It looks like a police box. He's over 900 years old... It's really hard to explain, but you can watch the 2005 series on Netflix.
They call him "The Doctor."

here's a compilation of the 9th, 10th, and 11th doctors.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rX2RKJIkwYw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Um5UGsJ7DKQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCnXBD8TKJg

--------------------
Go to the top of the page
P-girl
post Jan 10 2013, 1:49 PM
Post #2

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Honor Members

I'm very interested in it, especially the older stuff.
It's just soooo daunting. Like... where do I start? What's the good stuff? What's the bad stuff?
Ranma
post Jan 11 2013, 8:49 AM
Post #3

Cosmix Fairy

I highly recommend starting with the beginning of the 2005 series with the ninth doctor. The first episode was a bit boring to me, but after that it picks up. I found myself falling in love with the stories and characters. the amount of imagination that goes into the story is amazing. The doctor doesn't die, he regenerates. And when he regenerates a new actor plays the doctor. When they first introduced the tenth doctor I thought I'd hate him because he was different from the ninth. But the writing was so good I loved the tenth doctor just as much if not more than the ninth.

Another well put together fan trailer. Huzzah! or... Alonzee: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUld2qcyNpw
And all of his regenerations (Perhaps spoilers, but not big ones. The doctor will always be replaced with a new actor after a while: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXCpY_3Sac8

--------------------
mightymarty2
post Jan 11 2013, 9:22 AM
Post #4

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Group: Admins

I enjoy this show and in my opinion the 10th doctor is the best of the new doctors.

--------------------
*stella* created this wonderful avatar and SpiderBraids for the rescue and Angel Darkstorm this wonderful signature
Ranma
post Jan 12 2013, 8:22 AM
Post #5

Cosmix Fairy

I agree, but I believe that the ninth was better than the eleventh. I don't think its entirely the eleventh's fault though. Since he started the show has been more about the Ponds than the Doctor.

--------------------
mightymarty2
post Jan 12 2013, 8:59 AM
Post #6

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

That is the problem as towards the end of Ponds stint I was getting fed up of the Rory and Pond story lines. We will have to see about the new girl and what happens with her

--------------------
*stella* created this wonderful avatar and SpiderBraids for the rescue and Angel Darkstorm this wonderful signature
Ranma
post Jan 17 2013, 8:05 AM
Post #7

Cosmix Fairy

I am totally looking forward to Clara! I loved her in "Asylum of the Daleks"

--------------------
mightymarty2
post Jan 17 2013, 9:18 AM
Post #8

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

She was fine in that episode but that episode got annoying after a while because of Amy and Rory

--------------------
Ranma
post Jan 19 2013, 10:09 PM
Post #9

Cosmix Fairy

Yeah, that's why I'm glad they're gone. In my opinion they poisoned the Doctor Who series from the moment they reduced him to an imaginary friend.

--------------------
mightymarty2
post Jan 20 2013, 9:10 AM
Post #10

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

I think they were trying to be too cleaver for their own good with River, Amy and the Doctors relationship.

--------------------
Abby
post Feb 11 2013, 4:27 AM
Post #11

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Former Staff

So I've been obsessed with this show for the past month, I just finished season 4 and try to watch at least one episode a night (sometimes two if it is a two part one). I started with the 2005 version so with the ninth doctor. I still have yet to get to the episodes with matt smith though so I am behind the times, but I'm trying to get caught up before season 7 starts up a again at the end of March.
Ranma
post Feb 24 2013, 2:32 AM
Post #12

Cosmix Fairy

Matt Smith isn't bad. It's just hard to follow up the tenth doctor. He was just amazing as the doctor, and he had a really sad regeneration. Oh, btw, if you're watching on Netflix, you'll have to look up the tv special where he actually became the eleventh doctor. For some reason they don't include it if you're just watching it straight through.

--------------------
Abby
post Apr 25 2013, 4:03 AM
Post #13

Cosmix Fairy

Yeah I finally caught up and found all the ones Netflix strangely left out. Matt smith has grown on me and I really like him now (not better than Tennant of course). But I hear he might be leaving since his contract is up soon so I don't want to get too attached.

Have you been keeping up with the new episodes? I am so confused about Clara and hope that they clear up some of her story by the end of the season.
mightymarty2
post Apr 25 2013, 8:54 AM
Post #14

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

I have been watching the new series. I think so far we have had about 4 or 5 Clara's so far. I am lost with her but I also don't think this series has been that good so far. Although it is nice to see no Amy and Rory which was around the time the series went down hill.

--------------------
Abby
post Apr 25 2013, 7:57 PM
Post #15

Cosmix Fairy

I like Amy and Rory and some of the episodes they are in, but I feel like the feel of wonderment or, I don't know, just the whole scope of the world of doctor who isn't as big since moffat took over. I'm hoping this weeks episode will be better though since they just posted this picture to their facebook:

mightymarty2
post Apr 27 2013, 7:17 PM
Post #16

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

I was disappointed I was expecting a major secret (maybe it was just me) and you would have thought such an important book full of secrets would be well hidden

--------------------
Abby
post Apr 28 2013, 12:07 AM
Post #17

Cosmix Fairy

Really? It still hasn't aired in my country yet so I haven't seen it.
mightymarty2
post May 4 2013, 6:22 PM
Post #18

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

I recommend the season 7 episode 6 as the best episodes in ages. If not one of the best ever.

--------------------
Abby
post May 6 2013, 9:13 PM
Post #19

Cosmix Fairy

I really liked the last episode, Crimson Horror, even though once again they didn't reveal anything about Clara. Hopefully next week they will though since there are only 2 more new episodes left in the episode. I liked the whole back in time part though and the horror elements.
Ranma
post May 7 2013, 6:42 AM
Post #20

Cosmix Fairy

A lot of people are starting to think that Clara is Jack's daughter, but I dunno.
I like Clara so far though. She's fun.

A lot of people are starting to think that Clara is Jack's daughter, but I dunno.
I like Clara so far though. She's fun.
Oh, and for those who haven't seen this yet. Dr. Whooves! : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdhmFFKEuog

--------------------

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Add Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:05 PM