Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Add Reply
> For P-girl And Animeprincess, Because without you, Matei Mizuki wouldn't exist
MorriganAensland
post Jul 31 2008, 1:55 AM
Post #1

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Members

I started working on Matei Mizuki a solid couple of months ago, fresh after finishing Sailor Nothing and horribly disillusioned with the genre. Matei was born out of that bitter realization, finding inspiration from numerous ideas that had been on my mind for a long time... including a salvage job on a number of pre-existing characters and plots.

I can honestly say, I would not have put as much energy into it at first if nobody else was bothering trying to write a story at that point in time either. True, things came up and your own stories never got the chance to go far, but I'm sure they would've been good in their own styles. And at the same time, by simply existing, it encouraged me to pursue my own darker slant on the genre, although it was more a gleeful and sadistic subversion filled with genre savvy individuals rather than a deconstruction where the individuals were mental wrecks.

And now, I'm working on the side story Mao Soma, an idea that I did not even have in mind in the beginning for a trilogy I had not planned at first. Thankfully, I started planning on it during the final days of Matei, so it's not as if it's going to be a pointless sequence where each event has no transition to the next. I haven't got much response from it on fictionpress and similar websites, and I sometimes feel upset about it, but those that have read it truly do love it. And that's good enough.

So thank you. Thank you for helping me finally surpass myself and set a proud milestone in my career as a writer... arguably my second. ^_^

And stay tuned in the upcoming months for the two-shot Mao Soma and Matei's fully-fledged sequel, Ai no Saori.

--------------------

Hey, look! My sig's back!
Go to the top of the page
P-girl
post Jul 31 2008, 8:30 AM
Post #2

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Honor Members

Thanks.

I'm really sorry about quitting the story so soon..... I tried, but it comes to show I don't really work well with dead-lines and pre-set storylines.....
MorriganAensland
post Jul 31 2008, 10:03 AM
Post #3

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Members

Eh, that's okay. Those things are hard to deal with.

--------------------

Hey, look! My sig's back!

Add Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 23rd September 2024 - 10:11 AM