Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Add Reply
> Your Character Theme Songs, A fun idea
Another Morning
post Aug 17 2009, 6:57 AM
Post #1

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Honor Members

On other RP sites I've been on, there have been topics discussing what your RP character's theme songs would be. It's a fun way to flesh out your character more, so if you have a character that has a song that suits them really well, post it here along with your reasoning why you paired that song to that character. Characters can have more than one song, and more than one character can use the same song. You can also say if you think just a verse or a few lines from a song fit a character well. Don't forget to link to the song so we can hear it! Also, if you think you know of a cool song for somebody else's character, you can suggest it here ^-^

For my characters, I've thought of these.

Anselm: Nine Inch Nails - Every Day Is Exactly the Same (I think I used to have a voice, Now I never make a sound) Ever since she started her Sentinal training, she's had very little say in her own life, and mostly just does what she's been told by her parents or superiors.

Roulette: Meat Loaf - Everything Louder Than Everything Else (Don't worry about the future, Sooner or later it's the past) Roulette, being the fairy of luck, chance and gambles, is a very "live in the now" kind of person, and likes to have fun and take risks now. She also makes it a goal to do all the partying possible.

Aaaand that's all I have right now XD But now you guys go!

--------------------
RIP Falicia (AngelDarkstorm, Anime-Princess) :: 01/19/1990 - 05/25/2013 :: I love you, Sisser.

"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying." ~Oscar Wilde
Go to the top of the page
P-girl
post Aug 17 2009, 8:50 AM
Post #2

Cosmix Fairy

Cool idea!

Suki:....The 'Pirates of the Carribean'-theme song. Y'know......
Hello, you either have JavaScript turned off or an old version of Adobe's Flash Player. Get the latest Flash player.

Ichigo:
Another lyricless one:
Hello, you either have JavaScript turned off or an old version of Adobe's Flash Player. Get the latest Flash player.

For Xieress.... difficult, since he's a bit of a 'work-in-progress' and while working with the same archetype, has grown into several different persons with subtle enough differences.
I think I have to go for 'The kill' by 30 Seconds from Mars. In most RPs, he's very insecure about himself, and afraid of who he really is, and if it's enough for everyone around him, including himself. (At least, that's what I make of the lyrics of this song..... Emo can get pretty darn cryptic)

This post has been edited by P-girl: Aug 17 2009, 8:53 AM
Ranma
post Aug 17 2009, 11:18 AM
Post #3

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Senior Member

Nanaya:
Skillet - Monster; This, I believe, describes Nanaya after he's entered the group. He's kind of mellowed out, and he doesn't want to show the group how much of a killer he really is. However, when he gets fighting he can't help but let loose and show his ugly side. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xB8URIrsvdA

Silent Hill the homecoming - Alex's theme; This song reminds me of Nanaya's sense of duty to his clan. He's the only survivor of the greated demon hunting clan in the world. However, he's fallen in love with Akiha, and he knows that she has demon blood in her. Even though he loves her, to be with her would be an unforgivable sin to his clan. To add on top of that, Akiha's not interested in him at all, but is interested in Shiki...who just died... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irHCF3IcaTw...PL&index=20

Ranma Hikage:

Nickel Back - Savin me; This song describes Ranma's inner conflict. He's evil. However, there is a reason why he is evil. He knows what he's doing is wrong, and he's dealt with so much guilt that he sealed off most of his emotions. However, after thousands of years of evil, he's starting to get his act back together. Now he has two sides. The side that clings on to his evil army that refuses to turn back, and the side that realizes that what he's been doing up until now is unforgivable. If Ranma were to sing this song, he'd be singing it to his deceased fiance, Elly. "Oh, I scream for you. Hurry, I'm falling... and I'll leave this life behind me, say it if it's worth saving me." http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JQiEs32SqQ&ob=av3e

Gurren Lagann - Row Row Fight the Power: This probably describes Ranma's conviction. No matter where he is he's defiant when it comes to odds. Over time people have come to think that he's invincible, but that isn't true at all. He's just always beat the odds through strategy, hard work, and will power. For a villian he's a rarity. He always comes through in the end, and he's managed to captivate the hearts of so many people. Even good guys have followed him in the past because they are entranced by his fighting convictions. He's said this many times to people much stronger than him in the past. "WHY WON'T YOU DIE?!" and Ranma answers. "Do you know why you can't defeat me? You lack conviction."
So "Do the impossible, See the invisible. Touch the untouchable, break the unbreakable." describes him quite well I think.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0V7aUT13qtM

Shirou:
Emiya/UBW theme: This is his theme. "I am the bone of my sword, steel is my body and fire is my blood. I have created over a thousand blade. Unknown to death, nor known to life. Have withstood pain to create many weapon, yet these hands will never hold anything. So as I pray; Unlimited Blade Works."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68PZ41VlARs...feature=related

Shiki Tohno:
~still thinking~

This post has been edited by Ranma: Feb 17 2012, 7:07 AM

--------------------
angel123
post Aug 17 2009, 10:32 PM
Post #4

Cosmix Fairy

this actually seems like a good idea... though i think it would go in a dif subject it don t really matter, good songs by the way, ill put mine up here, not for all of them, i have to many, but for some of them i definatly will.

--------------------
Thanx jah, i love it ^_^
winxclubrox23
post Aug 18 2009, 1:53 AM
Post #5

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Journalists

Gave this waaaay too much thought...anyways, here's a few.

Dacian: Womanizer- Britney Spears (More so an inside joke...XD)

Dare: Jugglers- From Inkheart. Even though there's no lyrics, I feel it completely describes Dare's lifestyle. She's a fortune teller living in a caravan for pete's sake!

Devon- A Day in The Sun- Anneliese Van Der Pol Completely describes her outlook on life.

Jeremy (Though I've never used him on MC): Chasing Cars-Snow Patrol I feel this song describes how he feels about Madi. Wanting to tell her how he feels, yet afraid that it's going to mess up their friendship.

Carmina- Gotta Be Somebody- Nickelback Carmina just wants to be accepted, and to have at least one person who does. That's basically what this song's about.

Juliana- My Goodbye- Automatic Loveletter Completely and totally based off the the events with Noah in "Founding Fairies of Alfea."

This post has been edited by winxclubrox23: Aug 19 2009, 12:07 AM

--------------------

Thanks to Ditty for the userbar! Llamas by CookiemagiK on DA
Another Morning
post Aug 29 2009, 3:22 PM
Post #6

Cosmix Fairy

Selene: Final Fantasy X - Zanarkand (no lyrics)

It's a peaceful, light, relaxing song, and for the most part Selene is also very gentle and relaxed.

--------------------
RIP Falicia (AngelDarkstorm, Anime-Princess) :: 01/19/1990 - 05/25/2013 :: I love you, Sisser.

"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying." ~Oscar Wilde
winxclubrox23
post Aug 29 2009, 8:46 PM
Post #7

Cosmix Fairy

Rhea: A Place in this World- Taylor Swift

--------------------

Hanna
post Aug 30 2009, 8:12 AM
Post #8

Cosmix Fairy

Yuffie's theme song:

--------------------

“You must love yourself before you love another. By accepting yourself and fully being what you are, your simple presence can make others happy.”
Forum set by Fa Fa thanks alot ^^
MorriganAensland
post Sep 1 2009, 4:17 PM
Post #9

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Members

Totally not just ripping off their SRW musics...

Asakim's... once The Rivals picks up...

Hello, you either have JavaScript turned off or an old version of Macromedia's Flash Player. Get the latest Flash player.

Black Stranger is a really twisted song which fits his personality, because he doesn't give a crap about anyone at the end of the day that could inconvenience him. He's wrong and evil and a complete monster, and the song (and his attacks) perfectly reflect that.

Josh's and Glacies's

Hello, you either have JavaScript turned off or an old version of Macromedia's Flash Player. Get the latest Flash player.

Josh and Glacies are well, very direct in combat. Their styles reflect a more aggressive and agile strategy and the songs reflect them pretty darn well.

--------------------

Hey, look! My sig's back!
Another Morning
post Sep 2 2009, 6:13 AM
Post #10

Cosmix Fairy

I forgot how catchy Yuffie's theme is XD

--------------------

Nightstorm
post Sep 11 2009, 6:29 PM
Post #11

Cosmix Fairy

Black is White related:

Nightstorm:

Mephiles the Dark's Theme: Phase 1 (no lyrics) from Sonic the Hedgehog
- This theme and its successor both rest on the feel I was aiming for when it came to combat themes for Nightstorm. The high-pitched technological squeels match his love for tech and machinery, while the low and strong guitars provide a sense of power for him. When looking for combat themes, I always tend to stick with ones that don't have lyrics as voices tend to take away from the strength of the song.

Mephiles the Dark's Theme: Phase 2 (no lyrics) from Sonic the Hedgehog
- The stronger guitars and the added Bass Male chorus help to place this song on the more intense battles Nightstorm is involved in, where his full abilities are needed to help bring the awesomeness out of a fight. As a whole, I feel the chaotic organization of the music defines the freak combination of Nightstorm's darkness powers and the symbiote's unique abilities rather well, but hey, maybe that's just me.

Slaughter Your World as done by Richard the Undead Warlock from the series Looking For Group
- I didn't provide a link for this one as it mentions things that might disagree with this forum's target audience. The reason I brought it up was because I loved how it portrayed Nightstorm's love for the death of all living things perfectly; how such things as "cute" or "lovely" tend to make him sick while he gets a bit of satisfaction out of seeing the fear or grief in his victims. If anyone wants a link to the song, I can PM it.

When You're Evil by Voltaire
- This song I reserved for the weird friendship/uncaring rivalry/similar interests that Nightstorm and Ranma share (even in real life... hmmm...). It's a tribute to the ability to be the biggest *** in the multiverse for anyone evil out there, and that, of course, is what we are and always will be; I mean, come on now - an Evil Genius paired together with an Evil Psychopath, how could we be anything else? REA: Where you're not just a minion - you're family!

Solara:

If I Survive by Hybrid
- Since Solara's drive, by the time of the RPs in this forum, is merely to control her overloading power and to survive her own inner consciousness, I think this song deliver's her personality rather well. Even the tinge of revenge she often seeks on those who stand in her way is delivered in a few lines within the song.

Gandrayda's Battle Theme (no lyrics) from Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
- When I originally designed her, I wanted her combat theme to be more chorus than instruments, but as her personality ironed itself out, I found that "chorus" and light instruments had to match each other. And thus I found this combat theme. It's not too strong as though it's shoving itself down your throat; instead, the soft music is perfect for her element, able to sink in and eat away at your nerves with an ironclad persistence.

Solara 2.0:

If I Survive: Echoplex Remix by Hybrid
- Well, seeing as Solara 2.0 is a genetically modified clone of the original Solara, it's kind of a "no-brainer" to me that her theme should be similar. Due to the fact that Nightstorm was the one that created this clone, though, I wanted Nightstorm's technological side to rub off into the theme, so I found a more techno remix of the original theme and thus came up with this song.

Alexandra:

My Sweet Passion (no lyrics; there ARE vocals, but it's just random whispers and cries, no actual lyrics) remix by Kevin Moore and Steve Tushar
- Since she essentially is filling her father's shoes in running his empire, I decided Alexandra should have a more technological theme of her own. The interesting repetition of "You don't have to worry" in the song shares her belief that she should use her father's resources to help out mankind rather than destroy it.

Marissa:

Phendrana Drifts (no lyrics) from Metroid Prime
- Marissa is a gentle and unsure female who has never really been able to socialize or fit in with other humans due to her "creators" constantly keeping her locked in training and experiments. This was why I chose Phendrana drifts for a theme, since the soft music mixed with the cold bite/hiss of the underlying techno chords is reminiscent of Marissa's quiet and gentle nature added to the cybernetic enhancements in her body.

Other media related:

Dark Samus:

Dark Samus' Theme (no lyrics) from Metroid Prime 2: Echoes and Dark Samus' Theme (no lyrics) from Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
- Honestly, it's just wrong NOT to give Dark Samus her birthright theme; that's all I can say on that.

Bye Bye Babylon from Bionicle by Cryoshell
- This song actually belongs to Metroid Prime, Dark Samus' original consciousness, as it is basically sung through its/her viewpoint. If Babylon is replaced with Dark Samus, it excellently portrays how Metroid Prime is essentially warning Dark Samus how her pride and confidence in her own superiority and her lust to spread her own element throughout the multiverse will inevitably be her downfall.

Akiha:

Closer to the Truth from Bionicle by Cryoshell
- The song actually belongs moreso to late-Season 2 Infinium Akiha, as it stresses how much she feels like she's been left alone due to Shiki's death and points out repeatedly that she just wants to go back to Masaki City, back to life she once had, back out of this world in Infinium.

Lucy:

Creeping Into My Soul from Bionicle by Cryoshell
- This song more or less strays away from Lucy's super-agressive self-defense and focuses more on her uncaring and confused personality, trying to find some speck of light in the darkness that humans emit; to make sense of the agression against her kind and to attempt to fit in with her new comrades.

Kopaka:

Hero from Bionicle by All Insane Kids
- Quite honestly, it's only fitting that Kopaka would have the theme that was devoted to all of the noble heroes within the Bionicle universe.

Gilgamesh:

Fight the Knight from Sonic and the Black Knight by Crush 40
- As the King of Heroes, Gilgamesh sees what he wants and gets what he wants. It's as simple as that. He views his authority as absolute, and thus his willpower to crush any who oppose him in battle is like none other. This theme devotes itself to that kind of willpower, and though it's short, it is more on the aggressive/powerful side of the music genre.

With Me: Massive Power Mix from Sonic and the Black Knight by Crush 40
- This is more or less the definition of Gilgamesh's views on life around him and in the middle of combat. If you're not with him, you're against him. And if you're with him, you serve him, otherwise you sign your own Death Warrant. Every battle is like playtime to him; it's where he gets most of his enjoyment. Thus, he's always interested in seeing the pain in his opponents, or their determination, or their sorrow...

This post has been edited by Nightstorm: Sep 11 2009, 8:04 PM

--------------------
Afterquest - Ranma's back! Infinium - A new rp, a new world, a new headache! Tantamount - What is the price for equality?
terriordx32
post Sep 13 2009, 3:34 PM
Post #12

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Former Staff

Chellie - Hot n Cold by Katy Perry
This is like her personality, some times shes nice then mean. Loving then hating.

Jezzebelle - Bad Girl by Danity Kane
Althought i never got to show this side on Gem Stars, she is a true bad girl.

Chuckie - (Still Thinking)

Trevor - (Still Thinking)

--------------------

Thanks Cami!!!
Anna Maria
post Sep 14 2009, 10:02 AM
Post #13

Cosmix Fairy

*has no idea what Liva's or Della's song should be*

This post has been edited by Anna Maria: Sep 14 2009, 10:02 AM

--------------------

Liva siggie by Terri...
winxclubrox23
post Sep 14 2009, 11:56 PM
Post #14

Cosmix Fairy

Madi: You Belong With Me- Taylor Swift

I'm actually freaked out how well it fits Madi based on my story Azure.

--------------------

Abdu 6b
post Sep 15 2009, 12:17 AM
Post #15

Tynix Fairy

QUOTE (terriordx32 @ Sep 13 2009, 11:34 AM) *
Chellie - Hot n Cold by Katy Perry
This is like her personality, some times shes nice then mean. Loving then hating.

Jezzebelle - Bad Girl by Danity Kane
Althought i never got to show this side on Gem Stars, she is a true bad girl.

Chuckie - (Still Thinking)

Trevor - (Still Thinking)

For some reason hot n cold can not be played in my country. (Grr, is Canada considered a foreign country?)

--------------------
Thank you Shaylo for the awesome signature.
winxclubrox23
post Sep 15 2009, 12:44 AM
Post #16

Cosmix Fairy

Nope. I can view it, I'm Canadian too.

--------------------

GraySkies
post Aug 12 2011, 2:23 AM
Post #17

Earth Girl

Group: New Members

It's so weird that I stumbled upon this, seeing how I put my OC's theme song in my signature, before I saw this :)
Gray's theme song would definitely be "You're Gonna Go Far, Kid" by The Offspring, seeing that she's committed a series of crimes, and nobody's ever found out that it was her!

--------------------
Not everyone has the same religion, the same theories, or even the same opinion.
So, we probably think differently.
You respect my beliefs. I'll respect yours. You got it?

Gray, fairy of Night
Theme song: You're Gonna Go Far Kid ~ The Offspring
Favourite Food: Apple sauce~
Over-used line: "Huh. Whooda thunk it?"
WinterRain
post Sep 2 2011, 1:10 PM
Post #18

Pixie

That's a cool idea, I know I haven't used my character in an RP yet, maybe one day I will though. But anyways, it took a while for me to think up one, and I have it narrowed down to two at this point in time.
Princess Rayne of Winfelera

1. Firework by Katy Perry, pretty much for the same reason as the song "Believe in Me". Though this would probably be her theme song when she doesn't have enough confidence in herself/she doesn't believe in herself and her being the next ruler.

2. Believe in Me by Demi Lovato
Then after she finally believes in herself, I think this would be her new theme song in a way. I think this fits her because, at first she is unsure about herself and whether or not she rule her home planet. But as time goes on, she becomes more confident and realizes that she is stronger than she thought, and will prove to others who think she can't do it, that she can, and she was reflecting on how she was before and who she is now.

--------------------

Banner made by me (that username is different because it used to be an old account of mine on a different site)
Ranma
post Mar 17 2015, 4:08 PM
Post #19

Cosmix Fairy

Bump... because I'm feeling nostalgic.

--------------------
P-girl
post Mar 17 2015, 5:29 PM
Post #20

Cosmix Fairy

Alexanders from our Vampire; the Masquerade RP is definately 'Immortals' by Fall Out Boy:
Immortals
He's one for living in the now, which I feel this song is about. (Plus, the double meaning of 'Immortal' for him.)

Sinar from 'Earth wiitches vs fairies' has two:
Burly Heart
And Sugilite's theme from Steven Universe (THe actual track starts around the 28 second mark):
Sugilite's Theme

Both tracks are slow, but have an underlying feeling of danger and dread, which perfectly encapsulates Sinar, who is somewhat of a dark savior-type wielding a massive hammer.

This post has been edited by P-girl: Mar 17 2015, 5:31 PM

Add Reply
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:56 AM