Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Add Reply
> The Oil Spill
wkw427
post May 30 2010, 9:21 PM
Post #1

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Members

This is being said to of been the biggest human screw up in the history of our species. It just goes to show you how incompetent people are....

If you ask me, they should clean up the oil spill by nuking it. Sure, the fallout radiation and radiation carried by the hurricanes will kill a few million, but it won't have that much of a long term effect.

--------------------
A.K.A. BANJOGATE

Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

I give my sincerest apologies if anything that I have mentioned in a post or image by me or relating to me, any word, ASCII character, vowel or constant is to be considered offensive in your native tongue. If it is, remember you're on the internet.
Go to the top of the page
Jahnavi
post May 31 2010, 4:48 AM
Post #2

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Former Staff

Sure, the fallout radiation and radiation carried by the hurricanes will kill a few million...

Oh, and that's not a dangerous consequence? >_<

Why wouldn't it have a long-term effect? People are still being affected by radioactive fallout in Hiroshima and Nagasaki, as are people in and around the former Soviet Union, thanks to Chernobyl. I agree, the oil spill's horrible to begin with, but bringing nuclear weapons in would just make it much, much worse.

--------------------
"We read to know that we are not alone." - C. S. Lewis
winxclubrox23
post May 31 2010, 4:58 AM
Post #3

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Journalists

Oh yeah. Because nuking it is a totally realistic solution. icon_neutral.gif

--------------------

Thanks to Ditty for the userbar! Llamas by CookiemagiK on DA
mightymarty2
post May 31 2010, 6:45 AM
Post #4

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Group: Admins

It is a bad accident but nukeing it won't work it would make it worse BP need to continue trying to plug it

--------------------
*stella* created this wonderful avatar and SpiderBraids for the rescue and Angel Darkstorm this wonderful signature
Jahnavi
post May 31 2010, 7:45 AM
Post #5

Cosmix Fairy

'Zactly.

--------------------
"We read to know that we are not alone." - C. S. Lewis
DeadInside
post May 31 2010, 8:46 AM
Post #6

Sirenix Fairy

Incompetence is the key word of this... thats and probably stupidity...
How it is that that thing they built doesn't have a fail safe? any security mechanism in case of fails?
And i assume that the people in charge and the people who give the permissions are dumb enough to not care about the "what if" in their blind moneylust

Anyway, How hard could be fix that (the leak, the contamination is other story)? i'm sure that if you put some non incompetent people in charge and non incompetent workers back when it begins it would be fix in less than a week... it have about 40 days or something like that... so, i guess that or they didn't think it was serious enough to do something until it was too late or are the most useless people in the world.

...and i hope that the nuke thing you said was a joke...

--------------------
ari3lsss
post Jun 1 2010, 5:28 PM
Post #7

Charmix Fairy

Ya I hope it was a joke too, It's a pretty stupid idea considering it would make the situation worse more so then better....
wkw427
post Jun 4 2010, 8:40 PM
Post #8

Cosmix Fairy

--------------------
A.K.A. BANJOGATE

Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

I give my sincerest apologies if anything that I have mentioned in a post or image by me or relating to me, any word, ASCII character, vowel or constant is to be considered offensive in your native tongue. If it is, remember you're on the internet.
Boo
post Jun 7 2010, 1:30 PM
Post #9

Cosmix Fairy

QUOTE (wkw427 @ May 30 2010, 09:21 PM) *
If you ask me, they should clean up the oil spill by nuking it. Sure, the fallout radiation and radiation carried by the hurricanes will kill a few million, but it won't have that much of a long term effect.

Um, eek? thumbsdown.gif Like said by those preceding me, I do hope that you are "joking" there.
There are definitely better ways to go about at solving the problem (obviously); unfortunately, those in charge are being slow to try them. I mean, really, how hard is it to just plug the leak? And why in the world has it taken us over a month to even try to stop it? Oh no, just let it leak out for a good month and then we'll try some things.

And what are we doing now? Just watching the oil continue to spew? I haven't heard any good news, that's for sure.

And, another thing that angers me, you would think that a company like BP would have a disaster plan for things like this, no? No. They didn't. Wow... just, wow.

This whole situation is as much as a mess as the one it has made.

--------------------
When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door, that we do not see the one which has opened for us. -Helen Keller

Add Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 10:47 PM