Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Add Reply
> Some things I made in clay
wkw427
post May 25 2010, 6:24 PM
Post #1

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Members

This year, I had a ceramics class. It was the most fun I ever had in school. We made a bunch of things, most of the things the whole class made I didn't like, and don't feel proud enough to show them off.
The include a basic pot, a pot made of coils I glazed green, a cup I put a lot of stuff on but got discolored when it was being fired, and a teapot that looks awesome on one side and.. horrid on the other.

I did five extra things. Not for extra credit, but just for the hell of doing it.

The first thing I made was this

I didn't use any sort of refrence, because every image online has the eyes looking in the other direction.

Second thing I made was a stargate. Took about four weeks in total to carve and paint. Worked on it for about 90 mins a day, 4 days a week. Should of made it bigger

Next is a Jiggy from Banjo-Kazooie. I is a jigsaw piece. What else do I have to say about it? I didn't glaze it because it is supposed to be the same all around, and one side wouldn't of been glazed. So I decided not to.

Then I did little pellets with the greek symbols for the planets on them. When I was making them, my friend said "are you making those things from that game that you-know-who was crazy about??" He was talking about RS, and by then I already decided not to do them because I didn't want to be thought of as weird. Took about a week total JUST to make them the same size and weight and another week to carve the symbols on them. That was so hard, because they were so small. When I painted them, I practically reorganized the underglaze cabinet because I wanted to decided what colors I would use on what pellet. And yes, I did the moon and Pluto because when the Greeks were around, it was a planet. And there was Sailor Pluto. And Sailor Moon is kind of how I picked the color scheme, too...

The last thing I did was a small ornery-like thing that had the sun, earth and moon on it. Unglazed. It took me a good three straight hours to make the Earth look earth-like. I didn't take a picture of it because I can't figure out HOW do without making it blurry.

Anyway.. yeah..

--------------------
A.K.A. BANJOGATE

Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

I give my sincerest apologies if anything that I have mentioned in a post or image by me or relating to me, any word, ASCII character, vowel or constant is to be considered offensive in your native tongue. If it is, remember you're on the internet.
Go to the top of the page

Add Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 8:07 PM