Add Reply
> Susan Boyle, "The Hairy Angel" takes the world by storm
Another Morning
post Apr 20 2009, 3:05 AM
Post #1

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Honor Members

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luRmM1J1sfg

Alright, so chances are, a lot of you have already heard about this, but I wanted to post it anyway for anybody who hasn't. I love how at first, everybody actually laughs at her because of her appearance, but when she sings, they realized that her voice kicks a whole lot of @$$ and cheer wildly. My mom cries every time she watches it. XD

But more than her amazing voice, I've seen a few interview with Miss Boyle, and she seems to be keeping her feet on the ground very nicely. She's not letting her instant fame go to her head.

PS Apparenly, the media has dubbed her "The Hairy Angel", thus the topic description

--------------------
RIP Falicia (AngelDarkstorm, Anime-Princess) :: 01/19/1990 - 05/25/2013 :: I love you, Sisser.

"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying." ~Oscar Wilde
Go to the top of the page
W.I.N.X
post Apr 20 2009, 8:45 AM
Post #2

Cosmix Fairy

I was wondering when someone would post this. I was thinking about it, but never got 'round to it. She's great, huh? One thing is annoying me though. I went to watch Ruthie Henshall's "I Dreamed a Dream" on youtube, since she's my favourite singing it. Anyway all of the comments for 25 pages(that was as far as I went) consisted of "Susan Boyle brought me here form [insert country]. Now while she's fantastic, why do they bother? It's showing off because I don't think they really listened to that version. But apart from all the media attention she's getting, she's fantastic.

--------------------

Badge by Morny.
Personal Photo made by sailorvs4
Zhanneel
post Apr 20 2009, 3:08 PM
Post #3

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Group: Admins

Susan Boyle is adorable, not to mention her voice is beautiful. But it's definitely her down-to-earth attitude I love. She went on the stage and didn't let anyone cow her into believing she couldn't do it. When the people sniggered, along with the judges (which I thought was pretty shameful for them to do--they are supposed to stay objective), she just stood cute and unwavering (well, nervous I'm sure). Then she sang and it shut everyone up. Too late though, those people judged her by appearances and I can't forgive them so easily for accepting when they found out there was something beyond the state of her appearance. The judges did apologize, but of all the people to jump to conclusions, they should have reigned in the looks they were giving her. But enough of my beef with our so-called "tolerable" society.

I'm just ecstatic that "Britain's Got Talent" let someone of her age and appearance on the show. Maybe I haven't been watching any of the talent/singing shows lately, but I've assumed they only let passable or higher looks on tv anymore these days. I'm sure that has to more with American culture than anything, but it's becoming more and more about standards around the world.

Anyway, thank you Susan Boyle for giving a lovely performance. You inspired everyone to hold their tongue for the moment icon_wink.gif.
Winx4eva!
post Apr 20 2009, 3:20 PM
Post #4

Cosmix Fairy

My mom showed me on youtube. Her voice is wonderful!

--------------------

--- www.mishiiheart.blogspot.com ---
humbu111
post Apr 20 2009, 8:05 PM
Post #5

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Former Staff

--------------------

Credits to Bre for the forum set, and Ditty/Esca for the userbar :D

Music123
post Apr 21 2009, 2:35 AM
Post #6

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Members

I was wondering if someone would mention it on here and boy do I agree. This just shows how easily we judge people only by their apperence, her voice is amazing even though she isn't the most beutiful creature in the world. THE WORLD LOVES YOU SUSAN!!!!!!

--------------------

Credits to love and winx for siggy
winxclubrox23
post Apr 21 2009, 2:59 AM
Post #7

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Journalists

Oh! I watched that! Her voice was amazing! I loved how when she started singing, it looked like Simon was going to have a heart attack! He was so surprised!

--------------------

Thanks to Ditty for the userbar! Llamas by CookiemagiK on DA
Jahnavi
post Apr 23 2009, 8:25 AM
Post #8

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Former Staff

I just read about her in the newspaper this morning. All I've got to say is: WOW. She's got a beautiful voice, and a wonderful personality. And she really proves the age-old "Don't judge a book by its cover" phrase.

And yeah, I love the judges reactions when she started singing! ^^

--------------------
"We read to know that we are not alone." - C. S. Lewis

Add Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 11:26 AM