Noooooo waaaayy. No, No, No! [ 13 ]  [39.39%]
Total Votes: 30
Guests cannot vote 
Music123
post Aug 7 2008, 5:16 AM
Post #1

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Members

Do you like Miley Cyrus? Whether you love her or hate her this is a thread for general opinions and discussion. Personally I think she is ok, but I really think she should be careful about what photos she takes. I understand that she is only a 15 year old but that's the sacrfifices you have to make for fame.

PS No comments with swearing please.

--------------------

Credits to love and winx for siggy
Go to the top of the page
Lady Serenity
post Aug 7 2008, 10:11 PM
Post #2

Charmix Fairy

I really like her!In my opinion,she sings really well..^-^

--------------------
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass..
it's about learning to dance in the rain.

humbu111
post Aug 7 2008, 10:29 PM
Post #3

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Former Staff

i chose "Some of her songs are good" and that describes my opinion of her XD
i dont really know much about her

--------------------

Credits to Bre for the forum set, and Ditty/Esca for the userbar :D

Jahnavi
post Sep 1 2008, 3:34 PM
Post #4

Cosmix Fairy

She used to be pretty cool, but I don't really like her that much now, after she put those [indecent] pictures of herself on the internet. Although, I have to admit, I like a lot of her music.

--------------------
"We read to know that we are not alone." - C. S. Lewis
Riiana
post Sep 1 2008, 4:03 PM
Post #5

Cosmix Fairy

Urmm I don't really know her but I don't really like her... lol some of her songs are alright though.

--------------------
Zhanneel
post Sep 1 2008, 4:24 PM
Post #6

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Group: Admins

My opinion: The hype on her has engorged to an unhealthy size. No teen idol should ever have that much commercial power over kids. She has too many products to buy and I feel bad for all of the parents who are being swarmed by their kids to buy her junk. If she would have toned down her merchandise I wouldn't dislike her so much. I don't actually know her songs, heard them maybe on commercials? And they are average, not bad, but not my style either. She needs to come back down to Earth and join real people again. But maybe she's a nice person in life, but I wouldn't know. All I see is the Hollywood/commercial side of her.
AnnieBelle
post Sep 1 2008, 4:37 PM
Post #7

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Honor Members

I don't like her much at all. When I heard about the whole scandal picture thing, I laughed. Really hard.
I just hate it how every five seconds, it's "OH, look! Hannah Montana/Miley Cyrus crap! whooo. Hoo." -_- She wouldn't even be famous if not for Disney explotation.

--------------------
Zhanneel
post Sep 1 2008, 5:06 PM
Post #8

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

*nod*

Disney is literally forcing Hannah Montana down the throats of kids. She's only so famous because Disney wanted her to be that famous. Otherwise she'd be like all of those other teen idols I never hear about.
Riiana
post Sep 1 2008, 5:09 PM
Post #9

Cosmix Fairy

Yeep, I guess she owes Disney her life!

--------------------
Jahnavi
post Sep 2 2008, 10:50 AM
Post #10

Cosmix Fairy

Similarly, Vanessa Hudgens said that playing Gabriella (in the High School Musical movies) has gotten really tiring now that she's got to the third movie. I was like, "Whoa, she's really biting the hands that feed her.", I doubt she'd be who she is today without Disney.

This post has been edited by Jahnavi: Sep 2 2008, 10:50 AM

--------------------
Cailunet
post Sep 15 2008, 9:06 PM
Post #11

Pixie

Group: New Members
From: Help, there's someone on the internet asking me where I live!

@AnnieBelle: Exactly. I was in a store to get school supplies and I saw a poster of her in the FRONT the pile, and I waled away thinking, "Eugh." Five minutes later: "Oh omigoshhh look! Hannah Montana!" My sister has a poster.

I personally think that on some songs, she sounds ok, but on some, she sounds absolutely horrible, imo. I cannot get why so many girls around my age like her song 7 things. When she tries to sing fast, her vowels and consonants become blurred together, and I've seen her commercials for her live shows with the real audio. She's at least a half-step flat, and for any music, that's just way too much; it's like singing in a totally different key.

Plus, the pictures she took: that's considered inappropriate in this culture, and she's setting a bad example for all the little girls who are being drowned in her arrogance.

Speaking of which, have any of you guys seen the video she posted trying to insult Selena Gomez and Demi Lovato? All over a guy that selena was RUMORED to be going out with. Some time later, she decides that actually apologizing and admitting she was wrong with that video isn't what she'll do; instead, she lies through her teeth saying she was trying to imitate them and support them. Suuuure. Some people actually swallowed that.

Well, I'm sure that everybody can tell she's lost my respect.

(And I'm sorry if I made anyone waste time reading my rant xD)

--------------------
Helloooo, call me Cai or whatever you want, really...
Dragcave Incubator from the site v
]
Music123
post Oct 7 2008, 11:26 AM
Post #12

Cosmix Fairy

Lately I saw her Hannah Montana/Miley Cyrus: Best of Both Worlds concert on TV. I saw her singing without backinground singers or anything. I wouldn't say her voice really makes you say "Wow". I have heard singers waaaaay better than her but are nowere near as famous.

Yes I heard about Miley mocking Selena and then APOLOGIZING!!!! Why did she do it in the first place?????

Wow Miley I am dissapointed now icon_sad.gif

This post has been edited by Music123: Oct 7 2008, 11:30 AM

--------------------

Credits to love and winx for siggy
KLEB
post Oct 14 2008, 5:05 PM
Post #13

Pixie

I don't understand that either. I think she is honestly jealous of the other stars getting some spotlight, and its not her. I'm not a big fan of miley at all. Her voice is not that great. I'll admit some of her songs are kind of catchy, but i really dislike the entire I am just a normal type of teen living a life that hundreds would want. Disney converted her into this huge sucess, which she wouldn't be if they hadn't in the first place. I also agree that the merchandise is too much. Go into regular drugstore/dollarstore and you are able to find anything with her logo or face on it. I think coming back down to earth would do her some good. I think she is a really good person in real life, I just think she has been glamorized!
Zhanneel
post Oct 14 2008, 11:20 PM
Post #14

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Ditto. It can't be good for one's ego when their face is literally lining the pages, notebooks, pencils, bed sheets, cups, plates, silverware, clothing, candy, make-up (and on and on) of every pre-teen or teenage girl. Try to focus on your music, tell Disney to back off on advertising, and try not to become such a Madonna (no offense to people who like her). She should try connecting with her audience on their level for once. And instead of doing the Miley/Hannah routine, she should just act like herself. Whatever that is.
Toriamelio
post Aug 21 2009, 5:55 AM
Post #15

Cosmix Fairy

ok so I don't like her...
She wasn't that bad I guess at first... But then like pretty much all other famous people the stardom got to her and now... thumbsdown.gif and those pictures she put on the internet... icon_eek.gif

--------------------

*Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else.*
Thanks for the set Breana!
P-girl
post Aug 21 2009, 8:14 AM
Post #16

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Honor Members

Sorry, but she's the kind of untalented, artificial hit-machine that I don't like. When I see her, I see artists with talent who can't make it because their daddy isn't rich and famous.
Hanna
post Aug 21 2009, 9:30 AM
Post #17

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Senior Member

i like almost all of her songs, my fav song is: see you again

she is my fav singer too

--------------------

“You must love yourself before you love another. By accepting yourself and fully being what you are, your simple presence can make others happy.”
Forum set by Fa Fa thanks alot ^^
Jahnavi
post Aug 21 2009, 3:31 PM
Post #18

Cosmix Fairy

Like I said before, I like some of her music, but, frankly, I strongly dislike her as a person. Did you guys hear of what she did during her performance at the Teen Choice Awards? (I think it would be inappropriate to say what she actually did here on MC, so sorry if you don't exactly get what I'm talking about...) Anyway, I think she's done some idiotic things in the past, but what she did at TCA pretty much takes the cake. This is exactly why I don't like her. If she wants to do stupid stunts like this, she shouldn't have signed up with Disney in the first place. If any random sixteen-year-old does it, it may not make a difference to anyone, but she has no right to do things like this when so many little girls know her and idolize her. If she's supposedly a role-model to so many people, it's high time she started acting like a real one. And this isn't the first time she's done age-inappropriate things like this. If she was a singer with some private record company, maybe the stuff she does would be okay. However, she's with Disney. And if that means censoring your words and actions, because little kids look up to you, she should do that. Not break the rules every other day, and then throw around fake apologies.

This post has been edited by Jahnavi: Aug 21 2009, 3:34 PM

--------------------
winxclub101
post Aug 25 2009, 2:08 AM
Post #19

Bloomix Fairy

I think Miley Cyrus is okay... I really dont like her or her music, but I respect what she does, just not a fan...

--------------------

Userbar by DragonFire and Avatar by *Stella*
Toriamelio
post Oct 1 2009, 3:26 AM
Post #20

Cosmix Fairy

I'll just be honest. She suck at singing. sorry to her fans, but I think its true

--------------------

*Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else.*
Thanks for the set Breana!

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Add Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 7:04 AM