Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Add Reply
> New Jakks Dolls on ebay!, Looks like they'll be out sooner than we thought!
Vaughanh7
post Jun 11 2012, 4:27 PM
Post #1

Believix Fairy

Group: Members

So here they are, I was doing my usual ebay search for cheap dolls, and I found these:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Winx-Club-MIB-NR...=item231e6b9822

They're obviously in-hand icon_biggrin.gif Does this mean they'll be in stores soon?

--------------------
Go to the top of the page
P-girl
post Jun 11 2012, 5:58 PM
Post #2

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Honor Members

Probably.
They're kinda....simple. They miss the detail of the Simba Dolls.
Vaughanh7
post Jun 11 2012, 7:00 PM
Post #3

Believix Fairy

I mailed the seller, she says the dolls are in hand, and she got them from a distributor. She says they're rare, but I think that's a gimmick to try and get people to bid on them, as we all know they'll be available in stores.

--------------------
P-girl
post Jun 11 2012, 7:12 PM
Post #4

Cosmix Fairy

QUOTE (Vaughanh7 @ Jun 11 2012, 08:00 PM) *
I mailed the seller, she says the dolls are in hand, and she got them from a distributor. She says they're rare, but I think that's a gimmick to try and get people to bid on them, as we all know they'll be available in stores.

Yup. I see it in Monster High all the time. It got really funny when there was this doll that went for $10, or even less at some stores, eventually.
*Get now! Limited edition! $50!*
Abby
post Jun 11 2012, 9:18 PM
Post #5

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Former Staff

Yeah, I would just wait until they come in stores since it won't be that long. Wasn't the expected release date August 2012?

Anyways they look cool, I still think the mattel ones had a bit more detail though. I'll just have to wait to judge it in person though.
Vaughanh7
post Jun 11 2012, 10:35 PM
Post #6

Believix Fairy

I don't think anyone will beat Mattel I'm just really happy Jakks are doing well so far and they'll actually be available for us! :3 but yeah, they said august but what I've seen with MH so far, is that the release date is usually a bit earlier than the expected in most cases :£ so here's me hoping they'll be out by late July icon_biggrin.gif

--------------------
Sen
post Jun 12 2012, 6:25 PM
Post #7

Butterflix Fairy

Wha, thank you for this information! o_o

I wonder why the seller can already sell these dolls before their release in stores... =o

--------------------

By dittadulla <3~ @_@

Winx Club & Rainbow -- Translated articles: http://incantesimo.lareveuse.net/
Vaughanh7
post Jun 12 2012, 7:36 PM
Post #8

Believix Fairy

I have no idea how they got a hold of them O_O wether it was a Jakks employee or group that gave them, or they were early orders sent by mistake? No idea....
I can't wait for their release now though. They're just so much better than others I've seen. I just have no interest in the believix line by simba, I kinda wish Mattel would've gotten the rights again...but these match up a little :) they're just as pretty, maybe not perfectky detailed, but hey, nothings perfect, and they do seem to be modeled after the 3D versions not the 2D, so I think they look really good (Except for the amount of lashes....winx girls DO NOT have those kinds of lashes...but that doesn't bother me much :3)

--------------------
Abby
post Jun 14 2012, 3:30 AM
Post #9

Cosmix Fairy

They probably are related to someone who works for mattel. They could also be prototypes so I don't know if it would be wise to buy them in the first place.

I just want to see them in person though since pictures of the dolls in boxes can never truly do them justice.

I also do not know which ones I want to buy! I know I want some, but I don't really have the extra money to get all of them and I don't really want to order any online either, so I guess I will just have to wait to see which ones are in stores!
P-girl
post Jun 14 2012, 9:49 AM
Post #10

Cosmix Fairy

How does working for Mattel give you the opportunity to get JAKKS dolls early?
RenaEnchantix
post Jun 14 2012, 4:50 PM
Post #11

Harmonix Fairy

it wouldn't. Mattel isn't associated with the new Winx Club dolls at all. the seller might be somehow involved with Jakks Pacific.
Vaughanh7
post Jun 14 2012, 6:25 PM
Post #12

Believix Fairy

Well, according to amazon, the dolls will be in the UK by the 1st of July, from what I've seen with other american brands I buy (Monster High, Barbie etc) the international shipments are about a month later than the US, so perhaps they've just recieved them earlier? If UK will have them 1st of July, I wouldn't be surprised if stores would start getting them in the US very soon.

--------------------
Sen
post Jun 15 2012, 5:34 PM
Post #13

Butterflix Fairy

QUOTE (Vaughanh7 @ Jun 14 2012, 08:25 PM) *
Well, according to amazon, the dolls will be in the UK by the 1st of July, from what I've seen with other american brands I buy (Monster High, Barbie etc) the international shipments are about a month later than the US, so perhaps they've just recieved them earlier? If UK will have them 1st of July, I wouldn't be surprised if stores would start getting them in the US very soon.

That would make sense. But I wonder why there hasn't been an announcement. Wouldn't it be big news to have new merchandise? unsure.gif

--------------------

By dittadulla <3~ @_@

Winx Club & Rainbow -- Translated articles: http://incantesimo.lareveuse.net/
Abby
post Jun 16 2012, 1:50 AM
Post #14

Cosmix Fairy

I meant jakks.
Vaughanh7
post Jun 16 2012, 11:56 AM
Post #15

Believix Fairy

QUOTE (Sen @ Jun 15 2012, 06:34 PM) *
That would make sense. But I wonder why there hasn't been an announcement. Wouldn't it be big news to have new merchandise? unsure.gif

Not really, the new set of Monster High dolls are out/coming out this month (roller maze/Dead Tired W2) they almost NEVER announce them, people just start finding them in stores. So for winx, I'm guessing they'll probably come out soon in the US, and that they'll continue the big advertisements in fall, such as the TV ads they talked about, and they probably won't be in much catalogues etc until fall either.

--------------------
Abby
post Jun 19 2012, 12:14 AM
Post #16

Cosmix Fairy

Yeah when there used to be winx dolls in the us there never really was an ad, I would just have to hope the store would have them and keep checking back.
RenaEnchantix
post Jun 19 2012, 1:57 AM
Post #17

Harmonix Fairy

There's a limited edition Bloom Believix doll being sold in Canada

http://www.toysrus.ca/product/index.jsp?productId=12952134#

I really hope they release it in America too. I'd totally buy it in a heartbeat. I don't love the color scheme, but the details in it are AMAZING
Vaughanh7
post Jun 19 2012, 3:30 AM
Post #18

Believix Fairy

QUOTE (RenaEnchantix @ Jun 19 2012, 02:57 AM) *

I really hope they release it in America too. I'd totally buy it in a heartbeat. I don't love the color scheme, but the details in it are AMAZING

Omg I need it D: It better come to the UK!

--------------------
P-girl
post Jun 19 2012, 7:07 AM
Post #19

Cosmix Fairy

QUOTE (RenaEnchantix @ Jun 19 2012, 02:57 AM) *

Actually, I kinda like the black/blue scheme. And that puff-ball in her hand is such a cute idea.
Abby
post Jun 19 2012, 11:51 PM
Post #20

Cosmix Fairy

I also like the black better than the pink, too bad they don't use that in the show. It says it will ship out on the fourth of July so maybe it will be in stores then!

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Add Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 9:47 AM