Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Add Reply
> 5x26: The End of Tritannus, ...and season 5 (Premiering in Australia)
Rate the episode
On a scale from 1 to 5 stars:
1 star [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
2 stars [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
3 stars [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
4 stars [ 2 ]  [66.67%]
5 stars [ 1 ]  [33.33%]
Total Votes: 3
Guests cannot vote 
SpiderBraids
post Aug 31 2013, 4:02 PM
Post #1

Bloomix Fairy

Group: Members

We've got the trailer for season 6, but first we have to finish season 5, and last week's ending has set us up nicely for it...

Spoiler!
Foxtel summary:
Tritannus has his cousin, Aisha, in his clutches. She is a critical part of his plan for dimension domination. Could evil possibly prevail?

--------------------
Go to the top of the page
SpiderBraids
post Sep 22 2013, 3:56 AM
Post #2

Bloomix Fairy

Bumping up for the US broadcast icon_smile.gif

Zap2it summary:
Tritannus plans to use Aisha to help him control the dimension.

--------------------
Marswinx85
post Sep 22 2013, 5:34 PM
Post #3

A True Fairy

Awesome way to end a season and i love the song and i can not wait for season 6!!!

--------------------
I am huge Sailor Mars fan and Winx fan!!!
Avatar credit goes to Screaming Romeo!
Kendall112
post Sep 22 2013, 6:14 PM
Post #4

Bloomix Fairy

This episode was so whack. This did not feel like a final battle at all. The way Tritannous was defeated could have been done back in episode 2 when they had their Believix. They may not have been able to move around in the pollution too well but I'm positive they could have destroyed his staff. Heck Bloom almost defeated him when she had her Harmonix. The Trix really are pathetic, they couldn't even put up a fight against Tritannous but Naraius was holding his own against him with a sword and no powers. Bloom and Aisha were off screen for a while and Stella, Musa, Tecna and Flora went to go fight off the mutants with Roy in a very lackluster battle. Bloom was being a bit too extra for me "Dragon KICK, Dragon PUNCH, Fire JAB". Aisha and Daphne finally see each other face to face which is cool. I wanted to have remourse for Tritannous, but I just couldn't. I thought he was going to be a villain that I would sympathize with, but his actions after losing his pollution powers sadly show me that Aisha and her family were right to shun him. He seems to be a sociopath. He said "I only regret not crushing you when I had the chance." Ok Tritannous, aside from your family shunning you, why did you want to take it out on the whole magical deminsion, from what I see the Trix didn't stir your judgement all that much. OH! and that's another thing. Did he just completely forget about Icy. When he powered up, he went insane and turned on her. After he powered down, he never spoke of her again. Could this be a sign that he never really loved her and was actually using her all along. I feel like the only reason Daphne was brought back is because Elizabeth Gilles is voicing her, same with Diaspro and Ariana Grande.

Also, this whole thing about people wanting Nabu to come back. I hope and Prey that Nabu is NOT brought back to life. Let me explain why. If a character is killed off and it makes you feel some kind of way (sad, angry) it means that the writers did a good job with the character. Bringing Nabu back would only make his death in Season 4 mean nothing and would take away a lot the feelings you had while watching that scene. Mind you Nabu had the personality of a cardboard box, the only thing he brought to the table was allowing Aisha to explore her softer side and let her character be fleshed out.

All in all here is my order of Seasons from best to worst (my opinion, not necessarily correct)

Season 2 (Great character development and sideplots)

Season 4 (I know this is the fan hated season, but I think people hate it because it's different and not that they actually think the Season by itself is trash. This Season allowed the Winx to live their lives after alfea while managing a job and their boyfriends while also trying to mentor an up and coming fairy. It brought a lot of Magical Girl elements to the table and has probably the darkest premise of the whole series.)

Season 1 (Great way to start off the series but Season 2 had better writing)

Season 3 (I know this is the fan favorite but it is a poor Season in my opinion. Everything was so rushed. The pacing was horrible and Bloom's Enchantix arc could have been done so much better. Actually everyone earning their Enchantix could have been done better.)

Season 5 (Tried too hard to be like Season 2 and failed miserably. But there were still some good moments, the action was toned up and the first few episodes were fantastic)

Can't wait for Season 6 but I'm not gonna overhype myself.

--------------------
mightymarty2
post Sep 23 2013, 8:30 AM
Post #5

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Group: Admins

Well this episode failed to give the ending Tritannus needed to make the season. It did not feel epic or even that hard and as for the curse of Sirenix, it never really exsisted apart from the two the ancient witches cursed. Which makes me think Daphne was mistaken and it was just her and Politea. As for the ending it seemed ok, I was hoping for more Daphne and Bloom time (the one time it would be justified and they fail). I don't understand why Roxy got so many views of her at the end, when she was virtually non existant through out the whole season.

--------------------
*stella* created this wonderful avatar and SpiderBraids for the rescue and Angel Darkstorm this wonderful signature
SpiderBraids
post Sep 25 2013, 1:11 AM
Post #6

Bloomix Fairy

Surely I'm not the only one who noticed that Tec and Bloom's underwater Sirenix hair color was wrong (especially Bloom's) unsure.gif

--------------------
Marswinx85
post Sep 25 2013, 4:21 PM
Post #7

A True Fairy

I did notice as well and hey spiderbraids are you doing season 6 like you did season 5 bc it coming this sun I hope?

--------------------
I am huge Sailor Mars fan and Winx fan!!!
Avatar credit goes to Screaming Romeo!

Add Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 8:10 AM