Total Votes: 14
Guests cannot vote 
P-girl
post Oct 26 2012, 7:27 AM
Post #21

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Honor Members

QUOTE (Kendall112 @ Oct 26 2012, 02:28 AM) *
I'm noticing that too. This Season a lot of characters are acting very "FLAT". It's like the best scriptwriters are working on the comics.

Huh.
Wasn't this the season that finally decided to dedicate some lines to Tecna's personality? And remember that, hey, Musa has a dead mother and might have some hangups with that.

This post has been edited by P-girl: Oct 26 2012, 7:28 AM
Go to the top of the page
Zhanneel
post Nov 1 2012, 11:59 PM
Post #22

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Group: Admins

I do give the writers a small bit of credit for some things, like a more concise plot and some additional lines to the side characters. I am even overjoyed that they are back in the magic world and Alfea! So this is still a huge step up from Season 4 in my opinion.

What's hard to swallow are the lines the girls are saying. It sounds an awful lot like Season 4. Flat, contrived, and hyper-positive (as in, not-down-to-earth). With it being a younger children's show now, I understand that the creative writing is just not there like it was in the seasons past. There has been a big dumbing-down of the writing and dialogue. The characters have become fairly shapeless and formed from much of the same cookie-cutter mold.

Here's an example of the dialogue that really bothered me (hoping this video stays active for a while):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBxlO8NVopk

Now normally we'd have no problem hearing those lines come out of Stella's mouth because she is the diva one of the bunch. But even these lines were fake and contrived beyond a doubt. Pep is good in moderation, but these lines rang false and flat. These are not the down-to-earth girls we know the Winx truly are-- real girls, who talk realistically, with real interaction. I do like this new season better than the last, but I will continue to miss the genuine character of the earlier seasons. There was a richness of plot and character that has not been emulated past Season 3.
Abby
post Nov 6 2012, 2:23 AM
Post #23

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Former Staff

QUOTE (Zhanneel @ Nov 1 2012, 06:59 PM) *
I do give the writers a small bit of credit for some things, like a more concise plot and some additional lines to the side characters. I am even overjoyed that they are back in the magic world and Alfea! So this is still a huge step up from Season 4 in my opinion.

What's hard to swallow are the lines the girls are saying. It sounds an awful lot like Season 4. Flat, contrived, and hyper-positive (as in, not-down-to-earth). With it being a younger children's show now, I understand that the creative writing is just not there like it was in the seasons past. There has been a big dumbing-down of the writing and dialogue. The characters have become fairly shapeless and formed from much of the same cookie-cutter mold.

Here's an example of the dialogue that really bothered me (hoping this video stays active for a while):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBxlO8NVopk

Now normally we'd have no problem hearing those lines come out of Stella's mouth because she is the diva one of the bunch. But even these lines were fake and contrived beyond a doubt. Pep is good in moderation, but these lines rang false and flat. These are not the down-to-earth girls we know the Winx truly are-- real girls, who talk realistically, with real interaction. I do like this new season better than the last, but I will continue to miss the genuine character of the earlier seasons. There was a richness of plot and character that has not been emulated past Season 3.

I hated that part too, and when her and Aisha "made up" later the episode the way those lines were written/delivered seemed fake and over the top. I am not sure if this is just the voice actors though or nickelodeon making them this way.
Yayoi
post Nov 11 2012, 2:49 AM
Post #24

Mythix Fairy

Group: Members

I was watching the show before Winx Club which is also Nick and it has very down-to-earth speech not like Winx Club. To tell you the truth, I don't really get how the Selkies and Fairies bond. So it's just like, I see you as the first person from this planet and you give me my powers back. How do they get their powers back. Nick isn't really giving a clear reason how. Anyways, how did Stella know that the shield was the gem? My guess is it because it sparkles?

This post has been edited by Yayoi: Nov 11 2012, 2:50 AM

--------------------

Credit goes to Di Zio for this awesome signature!
"Happiness is letting go of what you think life is supposed to look like and celebrating it for everything that it is."

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Add Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 8:04 AM