Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Add Reply
> Justin Bieber is the new Jonas Brothers
terriordx32
post Sep 1 2010, 9:36 PM
Post #1

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Former Staff

Remember there was a time where the Jonas brothers were everywhere, well it seems that Justin Beiber is taking their spot. i have nothing against justin bieber, i like some of his songs. But when did he explode and why does everybody like him so much.

--------------------

Thanks Cami!!!
Go to the top of the page
rano0oma
post Sep 1 2010, 9:44 PM
Post #2

Butterflix Fairy

Group: Members

I agree.. They call it 'The Bieber Fever', I do like some of his songs, but am not that huge of a fan..

--------------------
terriordx32
post Sep 1 2010, 9:46 PM
Post #3

Cosmix Fairy

"One time," and "Somebody to love" are good songs

But the kids is like 12 and he has all these groupies... I just dont get it lol

--------------------

Thanks Cami!!!
wkw427
post Sep 1 2010, 9:48 PM
Post #4

Cosmix Fairy

Beiber Feaver?
This video is now relevant

Hello, you either have JavaScript turned off or an old version of Adobe's Flash Player. Get the latest Flash player.

--------------------
A.K.A. BANJOGATE

Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

I give my sincerest apologies if anything that I have mentioned in a post or image by me or relating to me, any word, ASCII character, vowel or constant is to be considered offensive in your native tongue. If it is, remember you're on the internet.
terriordx32
post Sep 1 2010, 9:51 PM
Post #5

Cosmix Fairy

lmao, that video was crazy and completely relevant

--------------------

Thanks Cami!!!
humbu111
post Sep 1 2010, 10:01 PM
Post #6

Cosmix Fairy

He's 16 lol, and true he does seem like the new Jonas Brothers. But I personally think he's reached his highest point in fame and will now slowly decrease in popularity.

Out of his songs, most are okay but none are really that great IMO, the best being Somebody to Love.

--------------------

Credits to Bre for the forum set, and Ditty/Esca for the userbar :D

terriordx32
post Sep 1 2010, 10:05 PM
Post #7

Cosmix Fairy

I heard he was doing a new movie, hes going to be on CSI, he knows alot of celebs just look at his videos. The kid is blowing up... i dont think he reached his peak yet, but hes definately up there.

--------------------

Thanks Cami!!!
humbu111
post Sep 1 2010, 10:13 PM
Post #8

Cosmix Fairy

Oh I heard about the other things, but I didnt know he was doing a movie. Is it the biography thing for him thats coming out, or is that totally different? =S

But if he wants to stay popular he's definately gonna need a new look soon. The skater look has been around for a while and seems to be dying down in popularity now.

--------------------

Credits to Bre for the forum set, and Ditty/Esca for the userbar :D

mightymarty2
post Sep 2 2010, 7:29 AM
Post #9

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Group: Admins

While I have not really listened to his music, this seems to be the problem with artists these days, they go up and up. Then they disappear and the next one comes along. There does not seem to be as much longivity in the careers of musicians these days.

--------------------
*stella* created this wonderful avatar and SpiderBraids for the rescue and Angel Darkstorm this wonderful signature
Boo
post Sep 2 2010, 9:54 PM
Post #10

Cosmix Fairy

I love the Key of Awesome... and that video... Perfect parody... just right on the money. icon_mrgreen.gif

QUOTE (mightymarty2 @ Sep 2 2010, 07:29 AM) *
While I have not really listened to his music, this seems to be the problem with artists these days, they go up and up. Then they disappear and the next one comes along. There does not seem to be as much longivity in the careers of musicians these days.

That is, "musicians" that do not really have talent and cannot truly sing very well do not have any longevity in the world of music. tongue.gif (In most cases, that is. *waves white flag!!*)

May I point to Exhibit A?
Coldplay. Extremely popular in the late 90's... extremely popular now. Why? Because they actually have talent (I've seen it with my own eyes.) icon_wink.gif

Exhibit B:
Currently taking up residence in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame: U2. Popular now, popular in the 1980's. Why? Talent!

Now, I know that I'm only pointing to alternative bands, but these are just two examples. Perhaps I'm a bit partial. Oh... let's take another genre...hip/hop... Mary J. Blige! She's been on the scene since around 2001 and she is still hugely popular today. :) (If you ever watch her sing live, you will see exactly why.) I'm sure all of you can come up with at least two or three artists you enjoy as well that have been popular for quite some time.

You're right though, Marty. Lately, (particularly lately), it seems "popular" artists come and go. A year from now, many of these songs deemed popular today will not even be played at small-school proms....

Now... about that Bieber kid...
Where to begin?
No, it's not worth it. Let's just say, I'm tired of hearing him whenever my younger sibling's friends come over with their iPods.... so, so tired of hearing it...

--------------------
When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door, that we do not see the one which has opened for us. -Helen Keller
winxclubrox23
post Sep 2 2010, 11:42 PM
Post #11

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Journalists

QUOTE (humbu111 @ Sep 1 2010, 03:01 PM) *
But I personally think he's reached his highest point in fame and will now slowly decrease in popularity.

We can only hope so.

--------------------

Thanks to Ditty for the userbar! Llamas by CookiemagiK on DA
terriordx32
post Sep 3 2010, 2:46 AM
Post #12

Cosmix Fairy

I hate to say this, but i dont see Bieber going anywhere for a while. He's to hot of a topic right now. With his "cute" childish looks, his decent music, and millions of groupies. I see him being in the game for a long time. But i come with gifts lol

Hello, you either have JavaScript turned off or an old version of Adobe's Flash Player. Get the latest Flash player.

--------------------

Thanks Cami!!!
Abdu 6b
post Sep 3 2010, 2:59 AM
Post #13

Tynix Fairy

Yo I thought the exactsame thing! In Burnin Up Rob adresses the brothers as JB, so I've been using that term for Jonas... then I see "JB" everywhere and think of Jonas, and then I remeber HIM, that HIM I'm getting sick of. I liked him at first and his songs are fine, I don't hate him or anything, but all these obsessive fans and merchandise are making me frustrated. HE'S EXCEEDED HANNH MONTANA'S INFLUENCE ON KIDS FOR GOODNESS SAKES!!!

--------------------
Thank you Shaylo for the awesome signature.

Add Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 6:01 PM