Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Abby's Blog
Rating 0
entry Apr 26 2013, 4:15 AM
One of my favorite parts of my winx fandom is writing fan fictions. Actually, my favorite part is discussing episodes, merchandise, and the new things in the winx world. But since this forum is not as popular anymore and winx is just not as big still as it used to be in my opinion, it is hard to enjoy that. So I turn to fanfiction since it is something I can keep doing even when there isn't anything new in the winx world. It takes me forever sometimes and I take long hiatuses because of school and life getting in the way, but I would really love to write more fanfiction.

Especially as I look back at the stuff I used to write when I first joined this forum. That was way back in 2007 when I was only in middle school. All of a sudden I'm now halfway done with my undergraduate degree and I can't believe how much writing has been a part of my life academically and privately since I was so young.

It's fun to look back at my old stories and see what I thought was risque or pushing the line when I was only fourteen and in a strange way, I miss that age (I know, crazy right?!? Who would want to go back to that awkward stage of life?). I just miss when I was able to spend all weekend on winx messageboards and running my fan site and writing fanfiction. Obviously I've changed since I'm an "adult" now with a lot of stuff to constantly be doing. But I think that the winx fandom/world has changed too and this makes me sad.

For example, are there really any fansites anymore? I could honestly just be out of the loop, but to my current knowledge I can't think of any fansites that are the top-knotch kind that used to be around. I don't know, I just miss the old days sometimes. And I guess I come on here to remind me of those days and hope that this could be revived back into that.

entry Mar 5 2012, 1:58 AM
I just got an idea to start up a new website since my interest in winx has been renewed. I still am not sure if I wanna do it since I barely have time do anything else I want, but I think it could be cool. The problem is I still don't have photoshop, and am not too good at coding and lost all the coding from my old website. I don't know what I should do to be honest, maybe I'm too old for winx and just should stop it.

entry Jan 31 2012, 5:11 AM
With the show being on Nick every morning right when I get ready to go to school, I've begun to watch it and am starting to really get interested in winx club again. I miss all my online friends and the community here, so hopefully it will become active again! I will try to stay active and I know I said that back in August, but the semester just destroyed me with work. Hopefully this one won't be so bad but there aren't any guarantees. Anyways I hope to write more fan fictions in the mean time and keep up with the winx world. I might dabble in websites again eventually, I don't know, we'll see.

entry Aug 15 2011, 4:02 PM
So as I have been exploring this forum and visiting old winx fansites, I miss mine. sad.gif I used to run winxspies when I was in middle school and my first year of high school but I came to outgrow winx a bit and just got busy with school. I took it down since I thought it was kinda uncool and didn't want to be judged by it, but I miss having a website to update. Especially with all the new winx stuff being on nickelodeon too. Anyways I have sort of been considering reopening one, but then again I don't know how I would explain it to my boyfriend or how I would be able to maintain it since I start college in a week and a half and hope to have two jobs as well. I'm confused about what I want to do. icon_confused.gif

SMTWTFS