Add Reply
> I THINK IT IS TIME MAGIXCLUB! :), We need the help and we are all here for it
Rating 5 V
Tiny Dragon
post Jul 7 2010, 4:12 PM
Post #21

Mythix Fairy

Group: Members

I think people are leaving MC due to more of their interest in Winx Club waning then anything that has to do with the website.

Even with the up to the minute spoilers and discussions it is hard to keep interest in a show that no longer shows in your country.

Take the Avatar: The Last Airbender community. Activity went WAY down after the series ended but with the new movie out activity has picked up in the fandom.

I know the series hasn’t ended with the confirmation of a second movie and a 5th season but USA and Canada no longer gets the show which feels like the series ended at season 3.

Maybe if the rights are taken back from 4Kids, given to another company (like it has been talked about), and the show starts to air in the USA and Canada activity will no doubt pick up. Until then lets just hope not to many people loose interest in Winx Club.
Reason for edit: removed the C word

--------------------
Go to the top of the page
lalande
post Jul 7 2010, 4:19 PM
Post #22

Mythix Fairy

i think your right we need something to keep winx new up to date

--------------------

Luke 101
mightymarty2
post Jul 7 2010, 5:08 PM
Post #23

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Group: Admins

(@ Tiny dragon please avoid the c word)

On all this I want mcf to be more active but while all these are good ideas we need something everyone can do and a long term thing rather than short term

--------------------
*stella* created this wonderful avatar and SpiderBraids for the rescue and Angel Darkstorm this wonderful signature
humbu111
post Jul 7 2010, 6:53 PM
Post #24

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Former Staff

I like Joy's contest idea, but if we do that to find new staff members, by a fluke someone who might not be capable or something might somehow end up winning, and in that case its a lose lose situation. I dont think thats the right way to go for staff, cause they're alot more important than say Honor Members, and therefore should be chosen more carefully.

How bout another banner competition, by the way?

--------------------

Credits to Bre for the forum set, and Ditty/Esca for the userbar :D

W.I.N.X
post Jul 7 2010, 7:10 PM
Post #25

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Honor Members

I agree with Humbu. If we do pick some new Staffers, they need to be people who come on pretty regularly(I'd say ideally daily), and pardon me if I ruffle any feathers and I if I sound like I'm trying to glorify myself, which I promise, I am not, but I'd probably say an old-timer, as well as being responsible and mature and, most of all ready to handle the moderator job. As well, of course, having a clear cut view of what's appropriate or not.

Whoo boy, there's a run-on sentence.

And yes, another banner comp sounds fun.

--------------------

Badge by Morny.
Personal Photo made by sailorvs4
dittadulla
post Jul 7 2010, 7:12 PM
Post #26

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Journalists

My personal thoughts on a banner competition would be that it could be kinda soon, seeing as how long the last banner was up... But then again, it was up for a looong time~

And I agree with Humbu on that, new staff member(s?) should probably be chosen within the current staff rather than anything else, though IMO.

--------------------
Sen
post Jul 7 2010, 7:13 PM
Post #27

Butterflix Fairy

I can help with the latest news! =) I'll have to ask my friend first though (as I'm getting new stuff/news through her) ^^

--------------------

By dittadulla <3~ @_@

Winx Club & Rainbow -- Translated articles: http://incantesimo.lareveuse.net/
lalande
post Jul 7 2010, 7:38 PM
Post #28

Mythix Fairy

i think the ideas everyone are coming up with are great we just need to put it all together

--------------------

Luke 101
AnnieBelle
post Jul 7 2010, 8:23 PM
Post #29

Cosmix Fairy

I think a new banner competition would be pretty fun -w- Heck, I might even join.

But yeah, the inactivity is nothing to do with the website, it's to do with people growing older and losing interest in the show. [...point in case, myself.] And as for the whole staff member thing, I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be handed out to whoever wanted it, the staff positions would be given to people who have had accounts for a long time, have posted a lot since then, and are reasonably active right now. I don't mean to sound mean, but lalande, you probably wouldn't be given a staff position, because although you have been on this site since it was sakurasanime, which I believe you are implying, you haven't been active at all until recently...and there's plenty of people who have been active the whole time you were not. ^^

--------------------
humbu111
post Jul 7 2010, 8:53 PM
Post #30

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Former Staff

Although people getting older and losing interest in Winx is probably a factor, I disagree that the site has less to do with inactivity. Cause ever since after the first movie came out years ago, the Winx discussion has been very less in comparison to subforums such as roleplaying and forum games. But now look at the roleplaying section, few of them are Winx related yet the subforum is very inactive compared to what it used to be. People are just coming on less in general, even in non-winx parts of the forum, and I think its cause the site has lost the magical touch it once had. We need to bring back the excitement that Magix Club once had, and in order to do that we need to add capable members to the staff roster.

--------------------

Credits to Bre for the forum set, and Ditty/Esca for the userbar :D

lalande
post Jul 7 2010, 8:53 PM
Post #31

Mythix Fairy

your right i haven't but i like winx club and magix club alot and i wanna be a staff member because i will be deicated to my job and i dont want to see this website die knowing i could do anything to help it. I will do everything in my power to save magix club and make all the people who where on her come back
PS the banner idea is great (we could use it to advertise)

--------------------

Luke 101
AnnieBelle
post Jul 7 2010, 9:17 PM
Post #32

Cosmix Fairy

QUOTE (lalande @ Jul 7 2010, 03:53 PM) *
and make all the people who where on her come back
PS the banner idea is great (we could use it to advertise)

There's a few things about what you said that bother me, but...
First of all, if you go on any other forum, you'll see that all the mods and admins are all people who have a lot of posts and have been on the forums for a long time. They're not people who simply were on the forums for a long time, but just never posted.
And as for making all the people who were on here come back, that's hard to do because ever since the movie, really, people have been losing interest in the Winx Club sections of the site...they don't want to come back, and making them...>>;;; I don't feel like I should continue.

And as for using the banner to advertise...do you mean advertise MC on other sites, or advertise other things on MC? Because the banner is just something pretty to sit at the top of the page, nothing more...o-o;;

This post has been edited by AnnieBelle: Jul 7 2010, 9:18 PM

--------------------
Tiny Dragon
post Jul 7 2010, 9:56 PM
Post #33

Mythix Fairy

Some long term ideas:

How about a rewatch? Go through all of the seasons together saying what we like and disliked about the episodes? This would take a while because as of season 4 there are over 100 episodes.

Captions! I personally love what people come up to a random screen caps. I be more then happy to head this if no one is interested. There could be banners for the favourite or the most funny caption for each random screen cap.

Icon/graphics battle!

Favourite character picture spam (this is rather popular in the Glee fandom).

All I can think of right now but I will no doubt be back with more.

--------------------
lalande
post Jul 7 2010, 10:52 PM
Post #34

Mythix Fairy

i was just trying to help

--------------------

Luke 101
{§hani}
post Jul 8 2010, 2:21 AM
Post #35

Cosmix Fairy

dyeah im with the post. we should probably recruit new staff members but with that said they should be authorative and active members, perhaps they should require to be honour members? since y'know they're the most active members and all.

Also i dont think people are leaving MC because its boring, i mean sure sometimes posts dwindle and its slow around here but sometimes people lose interest in things, and thats the same with winx.
i mean look at the amout of winx fansites around these days.. theres none compaired to a few years ago, like annie said ever since the movie people are losing interest. Also i think the fans were getting these days are conciderably young and so most go on sites like the Official winx site. Its more kiddish i guess, MC isnt as much.

--------------------

I AM A HORROR. LOVELY SET BY EMI. MUSA DRAWN BY ALAMISTERRA.
rano0oma
post Jul 8 2010, 6:12 AM
Post #36

Butterflix Fairy

Non-taken Ditty, I totally understand.. :)

Hmm.. animation? I could help. I don't take much time to make 'em so yea.

And how about a new theme? There's nothing wrong with the current one, but, just to freshen up the forum.

And BTW what happened to The Scavenger Hunt? It used to be really fun, but then it just died out?

--------------------
mightymarty2
post Jul 8 2010, 7:04 AM
Post #37

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Group: Admins

@tiny dragon what is this favourite picture spam?

--------------------
*stella* created this wonderful avatar and SpiderBraids for the rescue and Angel Darkstorm this wonderful signature
lalande
post Jul 8 2010, 11:51 AM
Post #38

Mythix Fairy

all i know is everyone is right things need to change
btw if we let it only be honor members then so people that are capable won't have a chance(like me).
i mean i not trying to cheat or anything but i think everyone should have a fair chance of being staff
btw we should go back to the old layout it was more fun that way

--------------------

Luke 101
dittadulla
post Jul 8 2010, 3:04 PM
Post #39

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Journalists

@ Marty: A picture spam is just a thread where you share plenty of pictures of a certain topic (In this case, your favourite character) without much of other discussions~ I think.

I agree about the honor member requirement (or perhaps journalists and seniors included in this too?), there's a good load of them by now to pick from and it's like the group of the most active members and contributers of the forum, they weren't promoted to another rank for nothing~

About another theme, there are already two holiday/christmas themes in addition... but those may seem not fitting all year round for obvious reasons xD So yeah, that's a great idea I think! Another forum I go to has like a plenty of skins to choose from and it's really fun to have that feature~

As for the decrease of inactivity, I think a big part of it is losing interest for the series in itself (including me, sadly) but there are way more discussions than just for Winx, though. I think we're just gonna have to open more and more threads for discussions, events, activites or other things... or just revive the old ones! Like the Magixvision idea, we're gonna have to get that moving~

--------------------
lalande
post Jul 8 2010, 5:24 PM
Post #40

Mythix Fairy

well what if people are capable of being staff and are not honor members (like me)

well what if people are capable of being staff and are not honor members (like me)

--------------------

Luke 101

7 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Add Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 5th June 2024 - 3:07 AM