> Songs that you should hear before you die, Epic Songs
DeadInside
post Sep 6 2010, 10:58 AM
Post #21

Sirenix Fairy

Group: Members

Woohooo Page 2!!
Lol sorry....

Ok... 5th element... its an ok movie, i Love Cyberpunk more than almost anything, but i don't think is as good as many people says IMO... I've seen it a couple of times and honestly i have not pay attention in that song till now... funny thing

Ok i have think of some song.... some old... some older LOL, but this time im posting only some 90s songs and leave the others for other occasion....

First...
"Higher" by Creed (1999)
Very good song, very good lyrics... some people discuss if it is acctually a religuious song, but i never really care, the music is great and the lyrics kinda positives, so its fine for me
Hello, you either have JavaScript turned off or an old version of Adobe's Flash Player. Get the latest Flash player.

"Time of your life" by Green Day (1997)
Ok... i know that right now someone have to put a gun in my head to make me hear green day, but back then before start doing that horrible thing they do now they make music than can be hear, and somewhere at the end of the 90s they write this great piece.
Hello, you either have JavaScript turned off or an old version of Adobe's Flash Player. Get the latest Flash player.

"Maria" by Blondie (1999)
Very good and popular song back then, coming from a band that came back to life from the 80s to play at the end of the century... i think they were still playing in 2006.. right now don't know

"Closing Time" by Semisonic
Haven't hear it? ...the band not the song LOL, it was a.. "one hit wonder" of the 90s the song is good the lyrics are great.. sometimes...

And for the last one....
"Its All Coming Back to me Now" by Celine Dion (1996... i think)
Well what can i say, its just great, the song how it goest fast and slow over and over, the voice, everything... and the video was like a mini Movie, i love it back then with the ghost and stuff.... just great
...I have hear that the song is a cover/remake from a old band, don't know never hear the other.....

Watch the video... its great

This post has been edited by DeadInside: Sep 6 2010, 11:00 AM

--------------------
Go to the top of the page
P-girl
post Sep 14 2010, 6:40 PM
Post #22

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Honor Members

To each his own. I can get why people don't like it. It's very personal to me.

On that, here's a personal DUTCh favorite of mine.

Marco Borsato -Rood.

Like I said; very personal. I'm usually not one for Marco Borsato (One of Holland's greatest singers/Music producers/etcetera.) too sappy. But this song, I really like. Mainly because it's an oath to optimism, and I'm all for that. It's just a bright, happy song.

If you skip the first, VERY misleading part.

Just for kicks, here are the lyrics (Translated to the right to the best of my ability);
Rood is al lang het rood niet meer, Red isn't anymore
Het rood van rode rozen The color of Red roses
De kleur van liefde van weleer A color formerly of love
Lijkt door de haat gekozen Seems to be chosen for hate

Dat mooie rood was ooit voor mij That beautiful red was once to me
De kleur van passie en van wijn The color of Passion and wine
Ik wil haar terug, die mooie tijd I Want those good times back
Maar zij lijkt lang vervlogen But she seems long gone

En alle beelden op tv And all images on TV
Van bloed en oorlog om ons heen Of blood and war all around us
Werken daar ook niet echt aan mee Don't really help

Dus ik neem heel bewust het besluit To I make a wise decision
De krant leg ik weg I put the paper down
En de tv gaat uit And the TV goes.... Off

Vandaag is rood de kleur van jouw lippen Today red is the color of your lips
Vandaag is rood wat rood hoort te zijn Today red is what red should be
Vandaag is rood van rood wit blauw Today red is of Red, white and bleu
Van heel mijn hart voor jou Of my entire heart to you
Schreeuw van de roodbedekte daken dat ik van je hou Scream from the red-tiled rooftops how much I love you
Vandaag is rood gewoon weer liefde tussen jou en mij Today red is once more love between you and me

Ik loop de deur door en naar buiten waar de zon begint te schijnen Walk out the door, outside, where the sun starts shining
Laat alles achter, kijk vooruit en met mijn laatste rooie cent Leave everything behind, look forward and with my last red dime
Koop ik een veel te grote bos met honderdvijftig rode rozen I'll buy a way too big bush of one-hunderd and fifty red roses
Een voor elk jaar waarvan ik hoop dat jij nog bij me bent One for each year I hope you'll still be mine

Vandaag is, rood van rood wit blauw Today red is of Red, white and bleu
Schreeuw van de roodbedekte daken dat ik van je hou Scream from the red-tiled rooftops how much I love you
Vandaag is rood gewoon weer liefde tussen jou en mij Today red is once more love between you and me

Nu sta je hier zo voor me Now you're standing before me
De rode avondzon streelt jouw gezicht The red evening sun caresses your face
Je bent een wonder voor me You're like a miracle to me
Denk ik, terwijl een doorn mijn vinger prikt Is what I think if a thorn pricks my finger

Rood is mijn bloed dat valt op de grond Red is my blood, that falls to the floor
En even lijk ik verloren And for a second, I seem lost
Maar jij brengt mijn vingers naar je mond But you get my fingers to your mouth
En je kust ze And you kiss them
En ik weet And I know

Vandaag is, rood van rood wit blauw Today red is of Red, white and bleu

Vandaag... is rood Todaaaaaaaaaaaaay.... red is

Gooi de loper uit Throw out the Red Carpet
En drink een goed glas wijn And drink a fine glass of wine
Pluk de dag want het kan zo ineens de laatste zijn Seize the day, since it might be your last

...... I'm never doing that again.
DeadInside
post Sep 14 2010, 11:06 PM
Post #23

Sirenix Fairy

...I never say i didn't like it its a good movie but, well... don't know, maybe it just bother me a little bit because a lot of people i know were hype about it... they also were calling it better than Blade Runner and other stuff (Me = Blade Runner fan-boy)... also, i hate that "actress"...

Some younger people doesn't seems to understand that without movies like Blade Runner and books like Neuromancer and others new-classics it wouldn't be any 5th element, ghost in the shell or matrix... among others
but getting back to music...

first time i hear of Marco Borsato... good lyrics, for me is a kinda weird music... once it really starts its gets better... what genre is that? some kind of techno pop or something? don't know what it is but it sounds very good after a while of hearing it, sorry not used to that kind of music, but thats the whole point afterall

here is one that i really like, some people says is a silly song (and maybe it is) but can tell you that it makes me smile everytime i hear it, even when its not exactly a happy happy song...
again not dark or heavy

"Wishing Well" by Black Sabbath (Dio Era)

My favorite part is at the end:
"I'll give you a star, so you know just where you are.
Some day... some way, you'll fell the things i say.
Dream for a while,
of the things that makes you smile
'cause you know
don't you know?
Oh you know
Im your wishing well
your wishing well
your wishing well
I... wish you well
Im your wishing well"

and to finish this post here is two songs more

"Ordinary world" by Duran Duran
could anyone not like this?

"Streets in Paradise" by Vixen
one of the most underrated all-girl bands of the end of the 80s... great song.. the "na na na na na na" at the end its great, set you right in the age

--------------------
P-girl
post Sep 17 2010, 9:21 AM
Post #24

Cosmix Fairy

... I have no clue. According to the Wiki page, it's supposed to be a mix of things. Starting with a ballad, going into an upbeat symphonic piece with Trance-influences, some Riverdance and some Organ-music. I guess they just wanted to have a good time (A critic called it 'A musical pinball machine'). I wish I could've shown the initial music video. It kind of has the same feel; a lot of people doing their music thing (Singing, guitar, violins, , etc.) and just having a good time, with a lot of Red, of course. For some reason I can't find it anywhere. I guess the nude models did them in. (It quite prominently features two women in nothing but panties and a top-hat, red roses painted across their body. You don't really see anything, but there was a wee bit of controversy)

This post has been edited by P-girl: Sep 17 2010, 9:22 AM
DeadInside
post Oct 12 2010, 9:55 AM
Post #25

Sirenix Fairy

This time i'm posting some songs that i really have pretty much no comment about except that they are great... I hope anyone think as me... actually if you don't you may have some kind of problem LOL ....JK, tastes are tastes...

"Imagine" by John Lennon
Do I need to say Anything?

"Enjoy The Silence" by Depeche mode
kinda weird song, but it got a nice melody and great lyrics...

"Hurt" by Johnny cash
Amazing sad bittersweet song, those lyrics...i think it can break anyone... i just love that song (NIN version is ok too)

"Tears in Heaven" by Eric Clapton
Great song... just great song... i assume everyone know it...
in case you don't know the song was written as consequence of his 4 years son who died in a accident

"One" by U2
Amazing... cant say more

--------------------
P-girl
post Oct 25 2010, 10:51 AM
Post #26

Cosmix Fairy

Heh, I actually got a pillow with a quote from 'Imagine' (People may say that I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one)

Two others songs I really like, are from the beginning and end of Slumdog Millionaire (Not a bad movie in itself, but it's the soundtrack that stands out.)

Dear sweet Jesus that percussion! I frackin' LOVE it. If there's any song that can get my body moving, it's this one. And a rap-bridge that actually works.

Not quite the same impact, but one of my favorite 'Feel-good' songs. In all, I think Indian music on it's own is so much fun. It's so unashamed in it's corniness I can't help but love it.

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Add Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 6:21 PM