2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Add Reply
> Opinions of the Nickelodeon Special
mellye
post Jul 18 2011, 3:45 AM
Post #21

Earth Girl

Group: New Members

ALSO... what is with the overhead voicing....

"Back at Alfea School for Faeries..."
Go to the top of the page
Kendall112
post Jul 19 2011, 5:27 PM
Post #22

Bloomix Fairy

Group: Members

QUOTE (mellye @ Jul 17 2011, 10:45 PM) *
ALSO... what is with the overhead voicing....

"Back at Alfea School for Faeries..."

That made me feel like I was watching Batman or something. All in all I enjoyed the special and can't wait for the next.

--------------------
aqua_pearl
post Jul 24 2011, 7:13 AM
Post #23

Sirenix Fairy

was watching the comparitive on you tube, script seems to be the same as the rai version which is good with me.

voices were fine except for techna wasnt to fond. love the new animation but would have been nice to keep their old outfits.

i assume with all the promotion of season 4 images and the time it would retake to reedit season 1-3 that they just want to catch up people to where the rest of the world is with winx so they have this concentrated version focusing on the main plot of bloom trying to find out about her power and the trixtrying to obtain it.

i wonder if they will even bother with seasons and just have these specials running the seasons together, like they might defeat the trix and meet layla inone special. this will get them to the movie faster to, which they probablyhope nick can get into theatres if the response is positive enough.

But even though i do like these specials, its a nice spin on the originals, i feel any new viewers will miss out on knowing the other characters as well as they cut out all the fillers like the ball, miss magix, flora and the nymphs, the trix trying to get stella's staff (dont like the new staff by the way) developing relationships, rivalries like in the day of the rose and like people said sky and brandon. im wondering how uch time is supposed to have passed if we are already at diaspro, becauee for the special it doesnt feel like bloom would know sky well enough to be much more then vaguelly disapointed to discover he has a girlfriend, not upset enough to leave alfea.

dont like faragonda knowing who she is, or that cleaning isnt a punishment. theyre teenage girls so its nice for them to get into a little trouble and not be so perfect. stella has no longer blown up the potions lab? like that they got rid of pepe the duck and made the ogre a bit more scary (he lost his glasses) and like that they got rid of some of 'creative' and 'funny' magical touches that were just weird, annoying or didnt make sense. at the same time that sucks because magix hasnt come across really any different from earth yet. i wonder if the pixies will be like in pop pixie now?

im enjoying the specials just saying feel any newbies are missing outon character developmeent outside od bloom.

This post has been edited by aqua_pearl: Jul 24 2011, 7:20 AM
Zimi~of~Statix
post Aug 12 2011, 5:14 AM
Post #24

Enchantix Fairy

SO guys. Well, I've recently started watching Winx again, and it seems like good timing too because what has happened with Nickelodeon is really what we've all been waiting for.

I know the specials are rushed, but I have to say they're very well done. They give the right launching platform to attract popularity to the series, without having to get even more behind the European markets. Someone has already said before but this will hopefully allow enough time for the countries where the 4kids dub was aired (North America, UK, Australia etc) to catch up where Winx is in the rest of the world.

But really I have to say that the most exciting thing about this is definitely the fact that we finally, FINALLY, get to have quality voice acting, AND an UNCENSORED plot. This is what alot of fans, old and new, have wanted for so long. And guess what guys, this is it!

The girls voices are great, the guys are even better, the Trix actually sound like teenage girls. I suppose I can see where some of the 4kids fans are going to be a bit reluctant to adjust to the new voiceactors because of how distinct they were, but you have to think about the fact that we can finally have the best of both the RAI and 4Kids dubs, finally after seven years.

For me the best thing about the potential for this dub has to be the idea of having THE SAME voiceactors all the way through from the 1-2 specials, to seasons 3-6, and the films. So many times during both dubs the VA's changed, like Tecna in 4kids, but even worse in the RAI for season 4. Just after I'd gotten used to the girls they changed Bloom -_-, Flora, and worst of all Brandon's change very late in the season (which was just terrible acting might I add, didn't even attempt to try to make him similar to the old actor). I know the dubbing production companies themselves have very little control over what jobs their actors decide to take, and alot has to do with the financial success of the show. So hopefully with Nickelodeon (which is already known for quality dubbing, and successful franchises), there won't be any abrupt changes to our beloved characters voices.

Tldr: Liked the specials very much, excited for the future of Winx with Nickelodeon!

Abby
post Aug 15 2011, 1:15 AM
Post #25

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Former Staff

I agree I am interested in seeing how Winx holds up in the future on nick. I am also glad it is back and is being revamped. I do actually like some of the songs in these specials and some of the re-editing. I just don't get the reasoning behind the change of their outfits.

I am very happy they at least kept Diaspro in, I was sure they were just going to cut that entire scene out. I was also happy how they actually added in a little bit of Sky and Diaspro together (when she says he is her boyfriend). That was not in the 4kids version, I'm not sure about the Rai english one since I have not watched those ones.

I think it just sucks that they are taking so long to release everything. I think that they will finish season 1 in the third special and probably do season 2 in two or three specials (I don't recall many important things happening plotwise in season 2 other than the introduction of layla and the pixies, so I could see it being done in two specials, even though I personally love the subplots in season two). Are they also doing season three in specials? I am just not really sure of their plan.

To me, the voice aren't that different from each other so it is hard to watch but after a while I will get used to this so it isn't a big deal. However I actually liked the trix's voices in the 4kids version, but I hated Bloom's and Musa's.

I am just excited to get to season 4 since I got out of winx club once they cancelled it in the USA and was not able to keep up with it. I don't really know what is supposed to happen in season 4 so I am anxious to see the next thing in the winx journey!

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Add Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 30th May 2024 - 7:42 AM