Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Add Reply
> Romeo and Juilet Essay
humbu111
post Nov 15 2009, 1:57 AM
Post #1

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Former Staff

Okay I'm doing Romeo and Juliet in English right now and Shakespeare is really one of my weaknesses, I find it uber pointless and we didnt even get enough class time to finish reading the book, nor finished watching the movie yet. On Monday and Tuesday, we have an in class essay which means that we've been given the essay topic already so we can prepare, but have to do the actual writing in class. I really have next to no clue on what to say, and I was wondering if anyone who's familiar with the story could possibly help me out? Maybe explaining the essay topic since I dont completely understand it, or like some ideas as to what my thesis or body paragraphs could be about? Please and thankyoou, I would be very grateful for any amount of help icon_biggrin.gif

The essay topic is: No one may flout the hierarchy with impunity. I understand what the words mean, but not how I'm supposed to write about it in direct relation to Romeo and Juliet.

This post has been edited by humbu111: Nov 15 2009, 2:00 AM

--------------------

Credits to Bre for the forum set, and Ditty/Esca for the userbar :D

Go to the top of the page
wkw427
post Nov 15 2009, 2:02 AM
Post #2

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Members

You should write about how R and J shouldn't of went against their family wishes and loved eachother?

Jesus those three words really confused me. I had to google what "no" "one" and "with" meant!!!

--------------------
A.K.A. BANJOGATE

Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

I give my sincerest apologies if anything that I have mentioned in a post or image by me or relating to me, any word, ASCII character, vowel or constant is to be considered offensive in your native tongue. If it is, remember you're on the internet.
winxclubrox23
post Nov 15 2009, 2:07 AM
Post #3

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Journalists

Wow, how ironic. I'm writing an essay as I type this.

But SQUEE! I love Romeo and Juliet! Okay, is the essay supposed to be more inspired by the book or the movie? Because their totally different.

--------------------

Thanks to Ditty for the userbar! Llamas by CookiemagiK on DA
humbu111
post Nov 15 2009, 2:12 AM
Post #4

Cosmix Fairy

Thanks, wkw :) And yay, Tea to the rescue! Its based on the book ^^

--------------------

winxclubrox23
post Nov 15 2009, 2:25 AM
Post #5

Cosmix Fairy

Well that's good, I'm more familiar with the book. I've seen the movie like, once.

So yeah, what Wkw said was basically what I would have said. Really put it into depth. But gosh, "No one may flout the hierarchy with impunity"? And I thought my essay was hard.

If your in doubt, you could always start talking about TS's Love Story. XD

--------------------

humbu111
post Nov 15 2009, 2:45 AM
Post #6

Cosmix Fairy

Thanx =) So basically I say that Romeo and Juliet "flouted" the hierarchy by breaking so many rules and acting against their parents wishes and because of that they got what they deserved? That shows how flouting the hierarchy with impunity is not possible since in the end you will pay for your actions? Ugh if yes, its hard enough doing an essay like this but even harder when it goes what you believe in lol.

Ooh how I wish I could talk about Love Story instead, its so much easier and simpler to get. Not to mention that if I'm doing work on something I even somewhat enjoy I usually end up getting a decent mark lol. But if I get really desperate, I shall take your advice to heart and introduce my teacher to the best country artist >:]

--------------------

winxclubrox23
post Nov 15 2009, 2:53 AM
Post #7

Cosmix Fairy

Haha, nice. Yeah, from what you've got so far, it sounds like you'll do just fine. If that were only the case with my essay...

--------------------

humbu111
post Nov 15 2009, 2:59 AM
Post #8

Cosmix Fairy

Lol Mazei xD. Alright, many thanx, Tea ^^ Whats your essay on, does ya need any help?

--------------------

winxclubrox23
post Nov 15 2009, 3:02 AM
Post #9

Cosmix Fairy

Nah, I'm done my essay, thank god. It's about the book I just finished reading for a Novel Study, and it was even harder than that Euthanasia essay I did awhile back. Apparently, my English teacher enjoys assigning essays.

--------------------

winxclubrox23
post Nov 15 2009, 3:10 AM
Post #10

Cosmix Fairy

Haha, did you really write that?! That's EPIC!

--------------------

Jahnavi
post Nov 15 2009, 3:57 AM
Post #11

Cosmix Fairy

QUOTE (humbu111 @ Nov 15 2009, 07:45 AM) *
Thanx =) So basically I say that Romeo and Juliet "flouted" the hierarchy by breaking so many rules and acting against their parents wishes and because of that they got what they deserved? That shows how flouting the hierarchy with impunity is not possible since in the end you will pay for your actions?

I think that's perfect. Because what I pretty much understood from the topic was that with reference to Romeo and Juliet, you have to prove that no one can get away with deliberately disregarding hierarchical order...right? So basically I think it should go something like this:
"Ooh, lookit, a guy called Romeo and a girl called Juliet. They loved each other, but their parents didn't want them to be together. And instead of listening, they ignored social order and decided to stay together anyway. Ha. And then did they live happily ever after? ...No, they died. So what's the lesson we learned today, kids?"

This post has been edited by Jahnavi: Nov 15 2009, 3:58 AM

--------------------
"We read to know that we are not alone." - C. S. Lewis
humbu111
post Nov 15 2009, 4:10 AM
Post #12

Cosmix Fairy

QUOTE (winxclubrox23 @ Nov 14 2009, 10:02 PM) *
Nah, I'm done my essay, thank god. It's about the book I just finished reading for a Novel Study, and it was even harder than that Euthanasia essay I did awhile back. Apparently, my English teacher enjoys assigning essays.

Ooh thats good, I hope you get a good mark for it lol. This is the second essay for us in 2 months, which I guess isnt too much but still more than I'd prefer lol.

QUOTE (Jahnavi @ Nov 14 2009, 10:57 PM) *
I think that's perfect. Because what I pretty much understood from the topic was that with reference to Romeo and Juliet, you have to prove that no one can get away with deliberately disregarding hierarchical order...right? So basically I think it should go something like this:
"Ooh, lookit, a guy called Romeo and a girl called Juliet. They loved each other, but their parents didn't want them to be together. And instead of listening, they ignored social order and decided to stay together anyway. Ha. And then did they live happily ever after? ...No, they died. So what's the lesson we learned today, kids?"

Alrighties, I think I get the essay topic perfectly now. "hierarchical order"... I'll be sure to use that phrase lol, it sounds so pro. Many thanx to all who helped (:

--------------------

Jahnavi
post Nov 15 2009, 4:18 AM
Post #13

Cosmix Fairy

Glad I could help. Good luck on the essay! ^^ {Oh, btw, what's the word limit?}

--------------------
"We read to know that we are not alone." - C. S. Lewis
humbu111
post Nov 15 2009, 4:30 AM
Post #14

Cosmix Fairy

Thank you (: And I dont think there's a word limit, its just write as much as you want can within the 2 periods given, which should total approximately an hour and a half of actual writing time.

--------------------

Toriamelio
post Nov 16 2009, 4:30 AM
Post #15

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Members

aww! Lucky! I love the book. Well I've never seen the movie but the book is most likely better. Anyways the dieing seen almost made me cry. XD

--------------------

*Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else.*
Thanks for the set Breana!

Add Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 1:12 PM