Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

8 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Add Reply
> Majischule, A world will open up to you if you're right for it...
Rating 4 V
fullmoon
post May 16 2008, 2:07 AM
Post #21

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Honor Members

Haha...I'm not a big Harry Potter fan at all so I don't really care. ^.^

Still rooting for RoyjeXLee pairing!! O_O Lucia is trying to be perfect? Hmm.....mysterious. ^.^ I'm one of those people who get addicted to these kinds of things. icon_razz.gif

--------------------

I am not WEIRDhopefullyI think

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." ~ Albert Einstein
Go to the top of the page
LinneaKou
post May 16 2008, 3:33 AM
Post #22

Harmonix Fairy

Group: Members

I'm glad you're still interested. Next chapter up by tomorrow! Remember, Lee's plummeting towards a very nasty problem... >.<

BTW I personally like Lucia because no man in my life has EVER tried to be perfect to impress me. But that's just my opinion. ^.^

--------------------
Lii is on deviantART and Livejournal...

...still doesn't have a life
:P

~BORING SIGNATURE IS BORING~
Jahnavi
post May 16 2008, 7:28 AM
Post #23

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Former Staff

Ooh, dueling?! *Starts biting nails* Please post the next chapter soon!

I too am rooting for Lee and Royje to be paired up, but that could take a while, seeing as Royje currently treats Lee like dirt...

This post has been edited by Jahnavi: May 16 2008, 7:39 AM

--------------------
"We read to know that we are not alone." - C. S. Lewis
LinneaKou
post May 16 2008, 9:42 PM
Post #24

Harmonix Fairy

Wouldn't it be nice if authors could interact with their characters...

LK: Whew! I'm so glad it's Friday. Here's the next chapter--

*Lee: THAT'S IT? No preamble, no long speech, no NOTHIN--

LK: If you want to hear ALL OF THAT STUFF *glares at Lee* go to my blog. I expect everyone wants to read the story
WHICH YOU STAR IN right now...

*Lee: Yeah, but usually there's ranting and extra info and stuff--

LK: END. OF. POST. *points*

*Lee: *sticks tongue out* All right, get ON with it!!

Without further ado (and further arguments with figments of my imagination)... THE NEXT CHAPTER!!

Majischul Book 1: Banvutu'u Majischul!
Chapter 4: Voices of the Darkness
Created 2008 by LinneaKou Studios LTD.

There are times when, as God decides "curtains" on your life, when all of your most precious memories just flash in front of your eyes.
Frankly, this wasn't one of those times.
"AIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHHHH!!!"
THIS is why I'm afraid of heights. Falling.
Duh.
So imagine my surprise when, as I'm falling and NOT seeing my life flash in front of my eyes and screaming and wishing that I could just be DONE with it all ready --
I stop.
I felt strong arms around my waist and a deep, masculine voice say in my ear, "I can't believe I'm doing this... 'S all right, you're safe."
I looked over my shoulder and into deep ruby eyes. I was in shock...
Rojye saved me?!
"Rojye, to the ground!" I heard Lord Lucia command. "Put her on the ground!"
Rojye rolled his eyes, but followed Lord Lucia, joined by Duke Talika and Salima. As soon as he put me down, I fell to my knees and grabbed the grass, crying with every drop of moisture in my body.
"LAND!! LAAANNNDDDD!"
"Oh ye Gods, Lìnnia-douchi - are you all right??" Salima asked urgently, kneeling by my side.
"I'M ALIIIIIVEEE!" I was blubbering like a baby, but you would be too if you had nearly fallen to your doom.
Salima laughed and put a hand on my back. "She's okay."
"Lìnnia-douchi!" Lady Kachamin squeaked, fluttering down next to me and inspecting my sorry self. "What made you fall?"
"Yes," Salima agreed, her brows furrowed. "You're the fastest learner I've ever seen - how could you fall like that? It is not as if you lost your concentration."
"I f-f-felt s-someth-thing burn on m-my back-k-k..."
Salima and Lady Kachamin both exchanged concerned expressions, and Salima held a hand over the spot between my shoulderblades. "KARSHE," she intoned.
I yelped again as both headache and burning sensation returned, and Lord Lucia stepped forward. "Stop that!" he said sharply, "You're hurting her--"
"Someone hexed her from behind," Salima reported, amid gasps from the gathering crowd. "It inhibited her visualization abilities by causing nausea and confusion, and that's what resulted in her falling." She made a pass over me again, and the pain ceased. "It's been removed," she said matter-of-factly. "You should be all right now."
I, however, had another idea. "I'M NOT DOING THAT ANYMORE."
"Huh," Rojye grunted.
"I don't care what you think, you think I'm gonna go back up there and wait for someone to hex me again? NO FREAKIN' WAY!"
"I agree with Lìnnia-douchi," said Lady Kachamin, nodding. "Lìnnia-douchi is right. Someone had better step forward for this crime. This crime was unacceptable, and I shall see that the culprit is thoroughly punished, so the culprit had best step forward right now!"
This tirade was met with an awkward silence.
"WHO DID THIS HEX?" Lady Kachamin demanded, raising her voice even louder. "DO I HAVE TO BRING IN THE HEADMISTRESS?"
"This hex was a high-level one, Lady," Salima said quietly. "No student our age should be able to do that kind of a curse."
Lady Kachamin was taken aback. "Miss Salima-douchi, are you certain of this? Can you say that with certainty?"
Salima nodded grimly. "Lìnnia-douchi, do you have any enemies?"
"What? No!"
Bodache... a voice whispered in my ear.
"Bodache?"
Everyone gasped and Lady Kachamin shot into the air again.
Oh crap, I just did the equivalent of Harry Potter saying "Lord Voldemort".
"How do you know that name?" Lord Lucia asked, his face turning white.
"I don't know, it just slipped into my head! Who is it?"
Lady Kachamin shook her head and crossed her arms. "Lord Lucia, take Lìnnia-douchi to see your aunt. Right away, please."

Lord Lucia and I walked down the winding path to the headmistress's office in an uncomfortable silence.
I decided not to let it continue: "Who is it?"
Lord Lucia shook his head.
"Is it bad?"
Lord Lucia hesitated, then nodded. "Very."
I shuddered. "I'm sorry about that."
"None of this is your fault," Lord Lucia said shortly.
I stopped short; I was a little surprised.
Sensing this, Lord Lucia sighed and looked at me. He too stopped on the path. "Look, no Othrworlder likes talking about... him," he said without turning around. "He was a very bad person in our past."
"Like Hitler or Stalin?"
"Who?"
"... never mind."
We started walking again, and Lord Lucia sighed again. "Some first day, huh?"
I blushed. "Yeah."
"I feel badly for forcing you to try flying..."
I looked at him in a sideways glance. "You didn't force me."
Lord Lucia blinked. "But you clearly stated your discomfort--"
"The truth is..." I backed off, thinking deeply. "I really wanted to. I felt so... free. It was absolute perfection for a moment, and I wasn't afraid of falling at all."
"Really?" Lord Lucia forced a smile. "I'm sorry it had to end like that."
"Me too," I agreed, giggling.
He laughed a little, too. Soon we both were laughing.
"What's so funny?" he asked me, wiping a tear.
I giggled some more. "Nothing, really, but it feels REALLY good to laugh!"

Ten minutes later, we weren't laughing. Smiles gone, Lord Lucia presented Ms. Lightbringer with a note that Lady Kachamin had scribbled before sending us off.
"Thank you, Lucia," Ms. Lightbringer said to her nephew. "Please, go back to class."
"But Auntie--"
"Please, Lucia."
Lucia pulled a pout-face, which made me giggle. He shot a grin at me and bowed himself out the door.
Ms. Lightbringer sighed and shook her head, smiling. "You've been a good influence on my nephew. He's never been so compliant." She folded up the note, which she had scanned.
I was a little confused, but said nothing.
"Lady Kachamin says that you spoke of..." she hesitated. "Well, of Bodache today after the... attack, shall we say?"
I nodded, not one to argue.
"Lìnnia, Bodache is a very tender subject to most of us from the Othrworlde..."
"I know. Lord Lucia told me."
"Did he tell you why?"
I shook my head.
"Lìnnia, what I'm about to tell you is common knowledge to most students here at Majischul. However, it isn't entirely pleasant."
"History rarely is," I said wisely, which made Ms. Lightbringer smile again.
"Well, I'm sure you humans have this kind of a past, as well, but..."

In our earliest times, which were when civilization was just becoming civilized, there were may gods and goddesses who presided over the people. They would choose a priest or priestess to speak for them and performed miracles beyond anything a Magick User could. Their powers were vast, and they were good and kind folk.
Of course, they had their opposites. The Daemon folk, while not all evil, weren't entirely benevolent. Some of the darkest of the Magick Users - who were, unfortunately, also the foulest Daemons - plotted to overthrow the gods' rule. They attacked Azgaado, the gods' stronghold, and killed one goddess, whose name was Ilianou. The leader, and Ilianou's killer, was Bodache.
The Daemon rebels drove the surviving gods to another world entirely, and they were never seen again. Of course, we know they still exist because they answer our prayers when we invoke them, but direct communication has not happened since those times.
But not all gods had disappeared - Ilianou, the goddess who was killed, was reborn into the body of a Fatina Magick User, and she single-handedly took down Bodache, making him her mortal enemy. Bodache has his followers - a secret sect - and Ilianou has hers, though the numbers are far more. But the original Bodache was a foul, foul king of the Othrworlde. He tortured and destroyed countless lives and ruled with total fear. Ilianou, after seizing the throne, turned the Othrworlde back to its former glory and became its mightiest and greatest ruler. The two Magick Warriors continue to reincarnate in order to fight once again for battles lost in the lives before: Ilianou always for good and light, and Bodache always for darkness and evil.
To this day, the battle continues.

Ms. Lightbringer looked at me through her slim glasses. "Lìnnia, this hex concerns me - Lady Kachamin says it reeked of dark Magick."
"You think that this Bodache dude is targeting me? Like I'm this goddess that you were talking about?"
"Perhaps." Ms. Lightbringer put a finger to her lips. "But this is just speculation - it must not leave this room. Do you understand?"
I nodded. "Perfectly."

Ms. Lightbringer excused me for the rest of the day and sent me back to my dorm. I called Sara and told her everything except Ms. Lightbringer's speculations, and then I called my mother to let her know how I was doing. Then I laid down on my bed and closed my eyes...

"He hath returned..."
"You are in danger..."
"He knows you live..."
"Beware, my Lady!"

"Lee-douchi!"
I woke up with a start and blinked sleepily. "Huh? What?"
Shiia dropped her school bag and fell to her knees. "Oh, Lìnnia, I just heard of what a horrid first lesson you endured! I'm so sorry!"
"Chill out, Shiia - I'm fine!"
"But still! Hexed on the first day!" Shiia looked close to tears. "Oh, Lìnnia, are you all right?"
"Yes, yes, I'm fine."
"You poor thing... I shouldn't have woken you up. Go back to sleep, Lìnnia, go back to sleep." She patted my head and adjusted the shades over the windows. "Oh, and Lord Lucia sent a note, expressing his concerns when you didn't return to class."
"Oh... about that..."
"He also hopes you'll be able to join us tomorrow in class and sends well wishes from himself, Duke Talika, and Healer Salima. But I'd best let you rest now--" She backed up to the door, grabbed her bag again, and slipped out. "I'll wake you for dinner." The door closed with a snap.
I blinked and laid my head down again. "Well," I commented. "She's a lively one."
I closed my eyes as I relaxed myself once more, praying that I wouldn't dream of spirit voices once more.

The tall figure narrowed his bloodred eyes as he observed the sleeping girl.
"Don't hope too much, Fatina," he hissed. "You have incurred my wrath, and I will not let you survive your punishment."
He passed his hands over the bowl of black, syrupy liquid, and the image faded.
"Milord," said his attendant, a tall and fatal-looking woman with back eyes and long silver hair. "Shall I send for the minor Daemons?"
"Please do, Malisha." The dark Lord raised his head, fixing his sight on the coat of arms upon the stone wall across from him. "We need to let the Earthlings know what they let into their world..."

FINALLY, AN OFFICIAL BAD GUY SIGHTING! YAY! (well, not really, but you get the idea)
Okay, I realize that this one was a short chapter, but I've got a lot on my schedule right now. So bear with me, please!

*Lee: Keep writing and they will!

And also, I will most likely post character comments at the end of each chapter, so enjoy!

*Lucia: We're commenting?

*Talika: On what?

*Rojye: Hmph.

*Sara: Be nice, you!

*Rojye: *grumblemutter*

Until next time, sometime soon! wink.gif

--------------------

MorriganAensland
post May 17 2008, 12:46 AM
Post #25

Cosmix Fairy

And things start to fall into place. And sending in minor underlings to do anything worthwhile automatically dooms them to utter failure. Unless you're Dr. Hell... in which case you actually learn from your mistakes and build a better, stronger robot next episode without fail. But that's a different story, literally.

I do like Lee's ability to make humerous analogies to popular fiction, then again, I like characters who are "Genre Savvy" on principle. And Lee's also discovered the wonderful world of flight, which equates to pointing at Isaac Newton before saying "This is what I think of your crummy personification in Escaflowne!" and throw said apple at him hard enough his head explodes. <- Warning, not safe for work or anyone that doesn't like absurdly ludicrous deaths.

I could very easily go into a rant about how I hate it when the main character is some reincarnation or something and assumes to their purpose and finally defeats their eternal enemy once and for all with the Power of Love and all... but I'm not going to. Mainly because its the execution of this idea that determines whether if it sucks or not. Examples of it working damn well include the likes of Saint Seiya, Eternal Daughter, and some other shows that IMO Winx is not part of. If you think so, good for you; you have much more mercifull standards than I do. I'll withhold judgement on this until the end, because that's what would be fair, and by the looks of it, things should turn out just fine.

Anyways, now I'm really wondering how the issue of combat will be dealt with. Anyways, a fun read if nothing else.

This post has been edited by MorriganAensland: May 17 2008, 1:19 PM

--------------------

Hey, look! My sig's back!
Jahnavi
post May 17 2008, 4:35 AM
Post #26

Cosmix Fairy

Okay, now I'm guessing that maybe Lee is the current re-incarnation of Ilianou?

Also, I love the idea of characters commenting at the end! Royje could say a little more though. wink.gif

--------------------
LinneaKou
post May 18 2008, 1:48 PM
Post #27

Harmonix Fairy

Hehe Sorry, Jahnavi; he's a man of few words.

As for the reincarnation thing, the next chapter should put some doubt into other people's brains... as well as Lee's. Besides, I never actually said that she was indeed Ilianou's reincarnation, now, did I?

For MorriganAensland: Those minor underlings you're speaking of? Uh... inhuman entities that have existed in a sort of "Hell" since Creation... plus a few other things... (I have a twisted mind - if I had been in charge of writing Winx Club, there would have been a lot more actual demons *a la Amityville Horror & ect.*)

Next chapter: FAMILY AND EARTHLING FRIEND INTERACTIONS!! See how Lee became a cynical introvert... and how one short day at Majischul has possibly made her skin thicker! (Muahahahaha!!!) Plus, y'all finally get to meet Ben.

*Lee: Do we HAVE to?? -_-

*Shiia: I'd love to meet your family and friends!

*Lee: When you do, you'll want to eat your words.

Uhmmm... yeah. Next chapter soon (POSSIBLY EVEN TODAY!!)

LadyLii out~!!

--------------------

Jahnavi
post May 18 2008, 4:08 PM
Post #28

Cosmix Fairy

I know you didn't say it, it's just a hunch...

--------------------
fullmoon
post May 18 2008, 7:33 PM
Post #29

Cosmix Fairy

WEE!! I luv the chap! Heh..I'm becoming more of a RoyjexLee fan at the sec. icon_smile.gif

OMG!!!! Ben is comin!!! Awesome! XD Can't wait to see how they react....heheh...

Also, I like the characters commenting at the end!! Sure does bring more life to them! I have a hard time putting voice in my characters after all sometimes. ^.^

I do hope the next chap. comes out today!

--------------------

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." ~ Albert Einstein
LinneaKou
post May 19 2008, 1:40 AM
Post #30

Harmonix Fairy

w00t! The next chapter comes trumpeting in!! laugh.gif

Chapter 5: When My World Collides

"G'morning, Lee!"
I looked up from my homework and grinned. "G'morning, Lord Lucia."
"I told you all already, leave out the 'Lord'." Lord Lucia sat down next to me at the picnic table Shiia, Sara, and I had snagged at lunch break.
"Where did Talika and Salima go?" Sara asked. "I just saw them."
"Salima had advanced healing classes, and Talika goes everywhere with her," Lord Lucia explained, rolling his eyes. "Without a doubt, that is the most infatuated Fatine I've ever seen."
"Let them be," I said, looking back to my Charms homework. It wasn't coming easy. "Love is a wonderful thing in this world - and the next."
Sara cheered. "Woo-yeah! Peace and love!"
I rolled my eyes. "Aptly put."
"Are you still struggling with that?" Shiia asked, eying my notebook with concern.
I shook my head.
"Liar." She tugged the notebook out of my grasp and checked it. "The work is all right," she announced. "You're just taking it slow."
"Is that wrong?" I asked skeptically.
"No, it prevents mistakes... but should you have a dueling or combat situation, you can't analyze your results every spell you cast."
"Who says I'm going to duel or fight?" I reclaimed my homework and went back to it.
Sara stared at me. "BUT YOU HAVE TO!" she exclaimed, surprising me and making Lord Lucia spit out his drink.
Shiia whacked him on the back while he sputtered, and Sara grabbed my wrists and yanked hard. "Lee, you're the only Earthling Fatina in the class! YOU HAVE TO DUEL!"
I yanked my hands out of her iron grip. "No I don't." I glanced at Lord Lucia, who was dabbing his shirt with a napkin. "You okay?"
He gave me the thumbs-up and coughed. "Wrong pipe," he said hoarsely with a sheepish smile.
Meanwhile, Shiia fixed Sara with a stern glare. "Lee doesn't have to duel if she doesn't want to," she declared, crossing her arms. "It is ridiculously dangerous."
"And fun," Lord Lucia added.
Shiia glared at him. "And dangerous."
"You win trophies," Lord Lucia persisted.
Shiia whacked him over the head. "Shut up!"
Lord Lucia sniggered and ducked under Shiia's hand. "And the glory, I tell you! Why, you know who some of the top duelers in Majischul are?"
"Who?" I asked, my tone flat and my eyes half-closed. The perfect expression of disinterest.
"Our friend Rojye... and myself." He tilted his head back in an attempt to hide a grin. "We're both Silver levels."
"Duh," Sara rolled her eyes. "You're top of Flying and Manual Combat, and Rojye's aim in spells is barely off!"
I took this in. "Is dueling like Quidditch?" I asked Sara.
Sara nodded. "Times ten thousand."
"Ah."
Shiia and Lord Lucia both exchanged confused looks, then Shiia said, hastily, "Uh, what?"
"Pop culture reference," I said tonelessly. "And we'll just leave the dueling to Lord Lucia and Rojye."
"Just Lucia!"
"Lord Lucia," I shot back.
Lord Lucia scowled. "I wish I wasn't nobility."
"Too bad," I said cheerfully. "How do substitution charms work?"

That night, as Shiia slept in the next bed over, I checked my voicemail.
"Lee, this is Andie."
My little sister (and the best kid EVAR!) had her own cell phone and called me as much as my mother would allow without running up the bill.
"I'm just letting you know: expect a... not-so-good surprise soon. I can't give you the details--" I heard a muffled yell. "--crap, Mom's calling me to dinner. I gotta go. See ya soon."
See ya soon??
I felt an ice cube drop into the pit of my stomach. Oh God, they're coming for a visit! I stifled a moan and fell back onto my pillow.
What could I do??
I had a few options:
1.) Pretend there was an infectious disease and persuade Jiselle to put the school on a temporary "quarantine".
Ah, no.
2.) Plead the "really big test coming up" excuse.
School just started - that's out.
3.) Beg Ms. Lightbringer to not let them in.
She wouldn't go for that.
4.) Play dead.
... moving on.
5.) Avoid them while they're on campus and beg everyone I know to play dumb if asked about me.
I give up.
I sighed and closed my eyes, willing an idea to come to me while I slept.
Fat chance, though - I reasoned. Those creepy ghost voice dreams could pop up at any time.
Still, I'd risk it. I needed to drift in limbo for a while.

Thankfully, I didn't have the creepy ghost voice dream that night. Instead, I was flying with... someone.
Who?? That was the burning question that I was pondering at that moment.
This dream, too, had been plaguing me for the week since I'd transferred to Majischul. As soon as it ended, though, I had a weird dream about my friend Ben. We'd been arguing.
Wow, what a surprise.
I didn't remember the details. All I knew was that it wasn't my fault.
It rarely was.
I didn't stop to dwell on that dream, however, because I didn't really care so much for that dilemma. I wanted to know what my psyche was saying about the guy in the flying dream.
Was it my soulmate?
I felt butterflies fill my stomach.
Naw, it couldn't be... Lucia?
I felt a violent blush cover my face. Well, who else could it be... Rojye? Ben? (I doubt it!!) I tried my hardest to recall details about the other flyer's face.
Nope. Nothing.
I sighed, resigning myself to letting Fate or whatever put that person onto my path. If nothing happens within a week, I promised myself, I'll go and hunt him down.
There. A compromise.
As I pondered the possible identity of Mr. Right, a shadow appeared across my path.
"Lìnnia!" a hand waved in front of my face. "Are you listening to me??"
I blinked and backed up. "Oh," I said. "Hi, Jiselle."
"Lìnnia, Ms. Lightbringer wants to see you." She handed me an electronic pass.
I blinked again. "May I ask why?"
"Just checking up on you." Jiselle pointed towards the administration building. "Hurry, though. You shouldn't miss your Charms class."
"Ho-diddly-dum," I muttered under my breath.
Jiselle sighed. "Don't keep the headmistress waiting!"

Ms. Lightbringer looked up with a smile as I entered. "Good morning, Lìnnia. I trust you've slept well?"
"Yeah, pretty much."
"Sit," she gestured to the chairs in front of her desk. I obliged as she shuffled her papers and filed them away neatly. "We're getting two more transfers to the primary school," she explained, adjusting her glasses.
"Really?"
"Yes. But that's not why I called you here--" She leaned forward and fixed me with a piercing stare. "Lìnnia, I'm afraid I cannot give you a concrete answer on your dilemma with that hex."
Oh. Yeah. Right. Ilianou and that stuff. "Uh, I should mention that I've been having odd dreams lately, and that's where I heard the name 'Bodache" for the first time."
Ms. Lightbringer frowned. "Can you remember the content of your dreams, Lìnnia?"
"Not really," I thought deeply. "I do remember the speaker or ghost or whatever saying that Bodache had returned, and that he was planning something."
Ms. Lightbringer considered this new info. "Hmm... perhaps you aren't Ilianou's reincarnation, but a prophet?"
I felt myself deflate a little. "Maybe."
"Have you ever been able to predict anything accurately?"
I winced. "Yes."
"Tell me," she said, steepling her fingers.
I thought back to the time when I was six. "My mother was driving me to swimming lessons, and I told her to change lanes. She avoided getting into an accident when a car suddenly stopped in front of her, and missed it completely."
"Anything else?"
"Yeah..." I felt goosebumps go up and down my spine. "When I was seven, I dreamed that rocks were falling from the sky, and hitting my house. The next day, hail the size of baseballs came down in my city and broke my brother's bedroom window. When I was nine, I yelled at my mother to stop at a green light, which surprised her so much that she slammed the brakes on and barely missed a car that sped through a red light. I had a dream about my uncle in a hospital room, and that week, he had a heart attack. And--" I felt my hands go numb. "I had a dream about two tornadoes of fire. Then there was a burning star... and birds falling from the sky... and that was when terrorists attacked the Twin Towers." I remembered something with a start. "It was then that I started being really afraid of flying - I'd always been afraid of heights, but this made my fear into a phobia."
Well, that was incorrect - a phobia was an unexplained and intense fear manifesting from an extremely young age.
However, Ms. Lightbringer understood. "Any other precognitions?"
"Many," I admitted. "I can't talk to anyone about them because I'm afraid no one will believe me... or they'll think I'm more of a freak than I really am." Besides, there were too many to count.
"You didn't show many signs of this gift when we tested you..."
"I think I suppressed it after September 11th," I said carefully. "I didn't want to know any more things that I couldn't help. But then the car crash happened and then..."
Ms. Lightbringer nodded. "Yes, that makes sense. Much more sense?"
"What?" I asked.
"Well, I was confused as to why Ilianou would reincarnate into the human world... but I don't have doubts or suspicions," she added hastily. "I wouldn't be surprised either way, but it would make more sense."
I felt a profound sense of disappointment. "Oh. I understand."

So I wasn't Ilianou. That made things easier.
Maybe I was some sort of ally to her or something. That's it... that's why Bodache or whoever hexed me while I was learning how to fly. Because if I helped her, that may help her completely defeat him... and he couldn't have that... or maybe she was meant to defeat him first in this lifetime and he wanted to prevent that? Or maybe this was the final battle?... nah, couldn't be.
I felt whatever was keeping me buoyant disappear and a heavy weight set in on me. That little bit of hope that I'd been unknowingly harboring was so suddenly and completely... dead. For a week... a mere week... I had potentially been special. Important. Needed.
Now, I wasn't. Just another student at Majischul. Well, maybe THAT in itself wasn't so bad, but...
All of my life, I'd wanted to be important. My younger siblings' overshadowing me at athletics, academics, and social situations had left me empty and yearning to be considered special. I was average in school, unathletic, plain-looking as a plowhorse, and miserably untalented in music. I quit piano after two years when my sister surpassed me after two weeks. My brother managed to get into the Angelic Voices choir after one try, and I failed three years in a row and went into high school without any qualifying achievements. Year after year, I failed at things that I worked hard for... but was never good enough.
I hate that phrase. "Good enough"...
Crud.
A bitter taste rose in my mouth and my throat tightened.
NO! I would not cry. I would NOT CRY!!
Damn it. I was crying.
I sat down suddenly and took a shuddering breath. Overhead, the cloudy sky blocked out the precious sunlight.
Good enough... good enough... good enough...
Even here, where I alone qualified, I wasn't good enough.

Lady Kachamin praised my efforts on my homework. "Not a single wrong answer. Every answer correct! Brava!" She gave me tonight off as long as I practiced with Shiia, who happened to have the class with me.
Shiia rolled her eyes when I sat down next to her with a "I-told-you-so" look on my face. (Between the time I'd finished crying myself silly to the time I'd stepped into the Charms classroom, I'd regained my composure.) "Okay," Shiia said, "I'll admit that going through the answers carefully does help. But you're so darned slow!"
"That's how I survived Earthling high school," I answered. "I still got stuff wrong, though."
Shiia stared at me. "Lee, you're too modest."
"No, this is how I normally am."
"You're really modest. Geez, Lee, don't you ever feel proud of yourself AT ALL?"
I bit my tongue and didn't answer.
Shiia took a hint and turned away. "Sorry."
"It's all right."
"I won't bother you about it anymore."
"That would be very nice of you," I said evenly. "I'd appreciate it."
With that, we went back to the lesson, and I put my mind to mastering it before the dismissal bell rang.

Sara and I met for a private conference, and I told her about my family's impending visit.
"You act like it's a storm forecast or something."
"Sara, you've MET my parents. You know how annoying they can be when they're out of their league. And they're bringing my brother and sister. I know that for certain."
"And your cats?"
"Oh, ha. Ha. Very funny. Ha. Look, I'm laughing ha." I glared at her. "Sara, I'm serious. I need your help. PLEASE!"
"All right, I'll brief the troops before the attack. When are they coming?"
I stopped suddenly. "Oh, God, I don't know. I have no idea. I have NO IDEA when they're coming oh God Sara what do I do??"
"You breathe, that's what!" Sara put her hands on my shoulders as I hyperventilated. "Breathe, girl BREATHE!!"
I took a deep, dizzying breath and nodded. "Okay, I'm okay now."
"Great, because..." she trailed off, her eyes wide and staring at something behind me.
"What? What? What's wrong??"
"YOO-HOO! LEE! COME HERE, LEE!!"
I felt my blood run cold as I realized that my entire family had finally arrived on campus. "Oh, Sweet Goddess..."
"Ditto," Sara agreed, her brow furrowed. "Uh, I'll go and alert the peanut squad."
"Uh..."
"See ya!" Sara took off like a shot. As cool as she is, she can't handle my whole family. My sister is one thing, but the other three? Yeah. I'd run too, if I could.
"Lee!" My mother caught me in a gigantic hug and spun me around. "Lee, we brought a surprise for you!"
This didn't bode well. "A surprise?" I asked, giving my sister Andie a look. She looked away, ashamed.
"Look who wanted to see you!" My mom put me down and extended an arm to the path behind her.
I saw who she was gesturing at (my mom never pointed because it was rude) and felt the blood that had just recently run cold completely drain from my face.
Ben was HERE. At Majischul.
To see me.
OOOH HEAVY ON TEH ANGST! I did not expect Lee to get so depressed this far in AT ALL. I did plan on her being this bleak towards herself, but not this soon. For those of you who don't like concentrated angst, sorry. But this is what progresses the story.

*Lee: Why couldn't you have made me cheerful like Usagi??

Well, the answer to that is REMEMBER FINAL BATTLE WITH GALAXIA??

*Lee: ... Oh.

This way, Lee doesn't have so far to fall if she does fall at all. Well, that is, that's my theory as of now. Ehehehe... It's not that I get sadistic pleasure seeing my characters tortured like that, but I'm drawing on my own experiences here. So you have to understand while reading this that when I was at my lowest, this is how I felt. Lee is no different from many teens like myself in that respect. So don't pity her, but root for her. That's all she needs.

*Lucia: I'll root for her until my last breath.

*Lee: *blushes* Aww...

*Rojye: *gags*

*LK: *whacks Rojye*

Next chapter: REAL FAMILY INTERACTION! I'm talking full blown "Mo-om!" moments. Prepare yourselves... and pity Lee for THIS. You can't pick your family. XD Ooh - and did I mention the rivalry which builds between Ben and Lucia?? MUAAHAHAHAAA! Also, Lee's dream comes true... but which one??

This post has been edited by LinneaKou: May 19 2008, 8:29 PM

--------------------

MorriganAensland
post May 19 2008, 3:45 AM
Post #31

Cosmix Fairy

Asuka: Hey, at least you still have a family, Lee! I'm stuck with that that demon of a-

Mizuki: Hey there, Asuka. Wanna go back in the closet? Because I've got no problem with throwing you in there and forgetting about you.

Asuka: Well, you've already come out of it, so I guess there will be room.

Minako/Horoki/Mana: O_O...

Mizuki: Asuka. You have exactly three seconds to kill yourself before I relieve you of the task so obviously beyond your ability. And it will hurt. And I will laugh. And you will cry. And did I mention it will hurt?

Ah... to be young and in search of yourself... and having an embarassing family. A nice contrast to the doom-and-gloom feeling of my works, as well as the series moments in this story as well. Usagi was indeed a revolutionary concept for a heroine in a Magic Girl story due to her bungling nature, but there's no need to have every protagonist take a page from her. And for your efforts of establishing Lee as not an expy but as an honest-to-goodness OC, I tip my hat to you.

--------------------

LinneaKou
post May 19 2008, 8:15 PM
Post #32

Harmonix Fairy

ROFL~

*Lee: (to Asuka) Oh no she di'nt!!

*Rojye: That was funny.

*Sara: Only YOU would think that was funny.

Well, Lee IS a fan of BSSM, but she's seen too much of real life to be blissfully cheerful like Usagi. (That will come in later chapters - MORE ANGST!!) And yes, I try to make original main characters, thank you. ^_^ Most of the time they're either parodies or inspired by people in my life. Actually, though, Lee is none of these.

Ah well. She's fascinating to observe. ^.^

Also: Would anyone be interested in me posting some pictures of the characters? I'll try to do that if/when my scanner starts complying with my needs. dry.gif

This post has been edited by LinneaKou: May 19 2008, 8:36 PM

--------------------

MorriganAensland
post May 19 2008, 9:38 PM
Post #33

Cosmix Fairy

Go right ahead.

--------------------

Jahnavi
post May 20 2008, 8:56 AM
Post #34

Cosmix Fairy

Please post pictures of the characters, when you have time. I'd love to see them.

--------------------
LinneaKou
post May 21 2008, 12:33 AM
Post #35

Harmonix Fairy

Pics coming soon, next chapter now.
WRAGH SCANNER NOT WORKING! *headdesk* TT_TT

Chapter 6: A Piece of My Heart

My. Worst. Nightmare.
Well, actually, my worst nightmare about a week ago was falling from the sky and going splat on the ground. MAN did I get over that!
Anyways, NOTHING I'd had to endure thus far came CLOSE to the spike of adrenaline I felt when I saw Ben standing there with my father, sister, and brother.
WHAT?? Is this a Universal Pick-On-Lee Day??
(Well, I guess it was, looking back now...)
Ben grinned and spread his arms. "Surprise!"
My mouth worked, but no words came out.
"She's speechless," my mother declared, pounding me on the back. "Isn't it great, Lee?"
Great? Yeah, great. Bringing a part of my old life into Majischul where he's sure to insult the few friends I've managed to make and stab me in the back the whole time??
Super!! (Not the extreme sarcasm implicated in the two exclamation marks)
I feebly raised a hand in greeting. "Thanks... Mom..."

"ANDIE!" I managed to hiss as my eleven-year-old sister caught up to me as I led my family to my friends' favorite break spot. "Why in seven Hells did you bring Ben along??"
Andie winced. "It was Mom's idea, honest!"
"Aw, Mo-om!!" I groaned. Of course, she didn't hear me - I'd said it quietly.
Ben sidled up next to me. "So, where're you taking us?" he asked pleasantly.
I narrowed my eyes at him. "Ben..."
He blinked innocently.
That's another reason why I wasn't keen on having him around. He has several faces - one for his friends and one for my parents, too. He acts all polite and stuff for my mom's ears, and then criticizes me mercilessly when we're out with our friends. It's kind of dizzying.
Andie knew this. "You know," she said sweetly - like honey with poison in it. "Lee's been telling me all sorts of things about you, Ben."
Ben gave her a disdainful look. "I assure you, it's not all true."
I snorted.
Ben elbowed me. "I wouldn't talk like that, Lee. Not when you can't even handle the way they gossip about you back at Chamka." (my old high school)
I swallowed. "I don't want to hear it."
"But you really should know what people are saying--"
"Shut up, Ben!"
My mother called up ahead, "Hey! Lee, play nice."
I bit on my lip and picked up the pace. "I'm delivering you to the dining hall," I growled, fighting tears. "A tour guide leaves there in ten minutes - I have to get to class."
"I want to go to class with you!" Andie begged.
"Me too," my brother Darryl added. He was thirteen.
"I think we'd all like to see your classes," my mom said cheerfully. She glanced at Ben, who nodded as if it would be like tea with the Queen of England.
Damn it. I was screwed.
"Which way is your next class?" my dad asked, giving me the "I-know-you-don't-like-it-but-deal-with-it-for-today" look.
"This way," I grumbled.

"Lee! You can't bring them to class!" Sara whispered when she saw me leading my "entourage" (as my mother called it).
"Wanna bet? Ben's here."
"Oh, Sweet Goddess," Sara covered her mouth with her hands. Sara and Ben had never gotten along. "Why, why, why did she bring him?"
"He asked," I muttered.
"I'm so sorry, Lee. I really am."
"That does nothing to help me! Quick, keep Lord Lucia and the others away from them!"
"Uh..."
"SARA!" Now I was terrified. Why was she stalling??
"Shiia and Lucia want to meet your parents. So do Talika and Salima."
"WHAT?" Now everyone was backing me into a corner. I couldn't handle this!!
The warning bell rang, and Sara gave me a worried look. "I'll see if I can set Jiselle on them," she promised. "But I don't know if I can make you look good."
"I'll take anything, just KEEP BEN AWAY FROM THE OTHERS!"
Sara nodded and dashed off.
"So, what class do you have now?" Ben asked from behind me. My parents and siblings had wandered off to watch a dueling class (elective course).
"I have a break."
"Oh, so you were lying to get rid of us?" He laughed, as if he'd suspected it all along.
I bit my tongue in an attempt to rein it in. So what if I was?
"So, can you do any magic yet?"
"Uh, well, ye--"
"I thought so," he cut me off, grinning. "I guess that those tests can fluke once in a while, right?"
My mouth snapped shut. "What?"
"You haven't had a spark since you arrived here, right? I knew it. I knew you weren't magic."
"As a matter of fact, I do have a gift for magick." I glared at him, feeling that sensation of wings unfolding on my back.
"Yeah right," he laughed again, making me bristle. He flapped a hand at me. "Oh, Lee, don't take it personally. I mean, I for one am glad that they were wrong." He turned and gestured at the duelers. "I mean, can you see yourself doing that kind of stuff? People already think you're freaky enough - you don't need to add magic to the mix. Plus, you can come back to Chamka like you belong--" He turned around and didn't see me on the path. "Uh, Lee?"
"Up here!"
He looked up and his mouth fell open.
Well, I'd be shocked, too - if my friend had suddenly started floating a good ten feet off the ground. I snickered and crossed my arms. "Still think that test was a fluke?" In a week, I'd gotten pretty good at flying.
Ben's mouth opened, but no sound came out.
"What, Ben? Have I shocked you speechless?"
He nodded, his eyes bugging.
"Well, I'm staying here no matter what you think, and I'm not a freak. So there!" I landed gracefully and brushed myself off. "And, as a matter of fact, I'm actually considering learning how to duel."
"From who?" Ben demanded, as if trying to pick a fight.
I faltered. "Uh... a friend."
"What friend?"
"Me."
I turned around, wincing, as Lord Lucia appeared next to me. "I couldn't help but overhear. Are you a friend of Lìnnia-douchi?"
Ben squinted at Lord Lucia. "Yeah. Who're you?"
"Lord Lucia de'le Uthreti Lichte. And you?"
"Ben Tellerson. Her friend from her REGULAR life."
I bristled again, and felt the energy I'd worked so hard to ground back into the Earth start to rise again.
Lord Lucia, however, took it in stride. "Regular? Whatever do you mean?"
I looked up at him and saw that his normally cerulean eyes were like chips of eyes.
Oh, God, he'smad!
"Well, she can't possibly make a living with magic. She's better off going to a REAL collage, not some fancy magic school. I mean, what is this, 'Warthogs'?"
"'Hogwarts'." I corrected him, getting angrier with every word he said.
"Whatever, YOU'RE the Harry Potter junkie." He rolled his eyes.
Lord Lucia didn't even look politely confused like he normally did when I referenced Harry Potter. "I believe that you're wrong, Sirrah."
Ben narrowed his eyes. "How so?"
"I'm confident in Lìnnia-douchi's talents to the point of being perfectly willing to serve as a reference in the Othrworlde. I think she could start a career there."
I felt myself become more buoyant with his words, but Ben stubbornly made himself like a weight tied to my leg.
"Who asked you, Pixie?"
I grabbed Lord Lucia's arm and stepped forward. "That's enough."
Ben blinked and stepped back. "Lee, I'm just--"
"I don't care what you're 'just', I don't care if you missed me and wanted to see me, and I don't care what your reasons were for getting my mom to take you here. You will not just waltz in here and insult my friends! You already insult me enough. I want you to leave, now."
Ben glared at Lord Lucia. "I don't want to leave."
"I don't care what you want - GET OUT." I felt the tears start sliding down my cheeks but ignored them. "This is my new life! I'm leaving my old life behind because it SUCKED. I have chances - opportunities - FREEDOM here! And I LIKE it. So if you can't stand the idea of a new me, you can kiss me goodbye!"
Ben looked like he'd been punched in the gut. "I don't want to!"
"Then DEAL with it!" I snapped. I stalked off.

Behind me, Ben glared at Lord Lucia again. "Who do you think you are, her boyfriend?"
"You mean consort? No, not yet."
"Not YET? Please, buddy, she's had it for me for years."
"I don't believe that."
"Of course you don't, you've only known her for a week." Ben waved him off disdainfully.
Lord Lucia glared back at him, but distractedly. "Well, I'll know her better than you EVER could."
"We'll see about that."

For the umpteenth-millionth time in my life, I asked myself how I'd ended up friends with Ben.
It had been freshman year, and as we timid little underclassmen filed into the gym for the mandatory "Principal is your PAL" speech, I found myself next to a tall, lanky guy with blonde hair and green eyes.
"This is so boring," he'd muttered.
"Yeah," I'd agreed.
"I'd so rather be playing XBox right now." He mimicked handling a game controller.
"Me too."
"You play?"
I'd nodded.
"Wow, I didn't think girls played video games..."
The next week, I'd signed up for Gamers Enthusiasts Society and Anime Enthusiasts Society - no "clubs" at my school, for we were embracing a world without non-acceptances and stuff. And guess who'd been there?
"Hi, my name is Ben. You were at the assembly, right? ... Wow, Lìnnia. What a coincidence. You like anime, too?"
What a sucker I'd been.
He'd been nice for a while, but then he'd started saying stuff. It had started small, then had grown. Now that we were good friends, he'd evolved from the occasional "girls don't do that kind of stuff" to "wow, you're such a freak".
WHY hadn't I seen that coming?? I was the world's biggest fool. But still - we'd had some good times, too, and I honestly didn't want to lose Ben as a friend.
I hated losing friends...
"LEE!"
Oh, crud.
I looked down from my tree - I'd run off and hidden while no one was looking. Now, my mom was yelling for me.
"WHAT?" I yelled back, like I did at home when she'd call me and I didn't want to leave what I was doing.
My mom looked up and, without skipping a beat, yelled, "GET YOUR STRIPY BUTT DOWN HERE!!"
Okay, so I was wearing striped leggings under my miniskirt. Did everyone from Mapleton (my hometown) have to complain about my style?
(I'd gone Goth for a short while, and now was "artistically Goth-slash-punk-slash-Tokyo-idol-slash-lolita". It worked for me, and apparently everyone HERE liked it. Of course, Ben always complained about it, asking if I were going "emo" on him.)
I sighed and pushed off of my tree branch, landing next to my mother. "You rang?"
"Lee," my mother pulled me aside, off of the path and behind a tree. "Can't you be nice to Ben just once?"
Well, well, well. If I was a sucker, then my mom was the mother of all suckers.
"NICE? I was being perfectly civil until he started spewing venom at me and my friend!"
"That girl Sara is here?"
My mom didn't like Sara - my mother had grown up in the buckle of the Bible Belt.
"Mo-om! Sara's nicer to me than Ben is!"
"Still, sweetheart, I don't want you to get hurt..."
"MOM, SARA IS NOT A BAD PERSON!" I heard my voice start to raise.
My mother cocked her head. "You will not raise your voice to me, young lady!"
"MOM!!!"
"What??"
I glared at her. "Why did you have to come?" I finally demanded. "WHY?? I was just starting to feel comfortable - HAPPY, even - and then you have to parade my old life in front of me!"
"We're your family, Lìnnia, and we're part of ALL of your life whether you like it or not!"
"I WAS TRYING TO GET AWAY FROM YOU!" I yelled, freely crying. "YOU HATE MY GOOD FRIENDS, YOU'RE ALWAYS TRYING TO HOOK ME UP WITH BEN, AND YOU EMBARRASS ME IN FRONT OF PEOPLE! GOD, MOM, ARE YOU BLIND??"
"I do not -- I mean, it's not like I..."
"ADMIT IT!"
My mother looked away.
"I knew it," I said disgustedly. "You'll always take Ben's side. You wouldn't even GIVE Lucia a chance."
"Who's Lucia?"
"Him." I pointed to Lord Lucia, who was watching from a distance far enough away so that he couldn't eavesdrop.
My mother grimaced. "No. Absolutely not."
"WHAT??"
It was obvious right away what my mother was thinking. Why didn't I see it then?
"You are not going to fall for some alien kid, Lee. Stick with people from this COUNTRY, please."
"WHO ARE YOU TO TELL ME WHO TO FALL FOR??"
"I'M YOUR MOTHER, THAT'S WHO!" my mom roared. "I CANNOT BELIEVE YOU NEVER TAKE MY ADVICE... YOUR SISTER NEVER ACTS LIKE THIS - YOUR BROTHER--"
"OH YEAH! KEEP ON COMPARING ME TO YOUR PRECIOUS LITTLE ANGELS! I'LL ALWAYS BE YOUR MISTAKE, WON'T I??" I screamed.
My mother cut herself short. "What?"
"Don't pretend! I know you're always comparing me to them! I'm sick of it - go home already, Mom!" With that, I took off. I knew the campus pretty well by now, and I lost everyone in the trees.
My worst nightmare was coming true. Again.

"Hey, Earthling,"
I looked up, red-eyed, and coughed. "Who's there?"
Rojye popped out from behind a tree. "Couldn't help but hear that little shouting match you had a minute ago with that Flat." ("Flat" is the term for non-magickal humans)
I buried my face in my arms. "That 'Flat' is my mother," I spat.
Rojye whistled in a low pitch. "Wow."
"Yeah."
"I have to say, when I first looked at you, I was right." He looked back at me. "You have NO self-confidence, do you?"
I glared at him. "Thanks, you jerk."
"Just saying. Don't you have ANY sense of self-worth? I mean, you're a friggin' Earthling in Majischul. How can you not feel GOOD about yourself?"
I snorted. "Because I've never been good enough."
"Well, quit trying to be."
I blinked. "What?"
Rojye looked at me like it was the most obvious thing in the world. "Things are only 'good enough' because people perceive them to be that way. If you quit trying to conform to other people's beliefs, you'll be a LOT happier."
I stared at the guy who had, just a week ago, insulted me to my face. "Who are you and what have you done with Rojye?"
Rojye laughed. "I have my moments."
"Why don't you show this side of you to other people?"
"Hm? Some people don't deserve it." Rojye glanced over my shoulder. "However, I think Lord Ladylike agrees with me when I say that you're one of those rare ones who does."
I followed his gaze.
Lord Lucia looked away awkwardly. "Your mother," he said quietly. "She's crying. I thought maybe we could all try and talk this out. You know--" he added, making eye contact with me. "'Cuz I figured you'd be crying too... not to say that I think that's weak, I just figured, you know, since she's your mom and all..."
I smiled weakly, sniffled, and wiped my face with my sleeve. "Thank you, Lord Lucia."
"Just Lucia," he corrected me.
I laughed a little. "Lucia, then."
Lucia looked at Rojye. "Thank you for telling her that," he said solemnly. "I didn't know how to say that myself."
"It was nothing," Rojye replied. "I have a heart, too, you know."
"I never doubted that." Lucia strode over to us and hesitated, then stuck out his hand.
Rojye stared at it for a moment, then grinned at shook it.
I watched the exchange with an odd, warm sensation filling me. I smiled and stood up. "Well, if the two of you can get along, I think I work things out with my insane family."
"Let's go." Lucia offered an arm to me, then looked over his shoulder to Rojye. "If you want to come, you can too."
"I'll just follow you out of the deep woods. I don't care where I end up."
I felt him growing on me. "Feel free to tag along," I said. "At your own risk, however."
Rojye rolled his eyes. "Yeah, right." We started walking.
Lucia considered, then shook his head. "Your mother isn't that bad, Lee. She's just trying to protect her baby, that's all."
"She said I wasn't allowed to run off with an alien."
"Duh," Rojye kept up with us easily, hopping with a little float over tree roots and assorted flotsam on the ground. "She's trying to keep you from moving to the Othrworlde and away from her."
"That's insane!"
"That's what she's thinking," Rojye insisted.
Lucia nodded. "My mother objected similarly."
"What about your father?" I asked, and I saw Rojye look away.
Lucia grimaced. "My father isn't exactly around. My mother's husband is like my father - even better than my real father, I think - but he's not my blood relative. And he was actually the one to suggest my mother's sister, Aunt Fiora."
"Ah." I noticed how he wasn't keen on talking about his real father and backed off. "I see."
Rojye rolled his eyes, but did not press the issue.
I looked him over when he wasn't looking and decided, maybe he's not so bad after all.

My mother saw me arm-in-arm with Lucia and rushed forward, sweeping me up in a crushing hug. "Oh, God, Lee, I'm so sorry!"
I choked for breath, and Rojye tapped her shoulder. "Uh, Ms. Lìnnia's Mother? She can't breathe."
My mom dropped me and blinked at Rojye. "Who are you?"
"Rojye U'Dakkan T'Chalka. Rojye for short."
"Are you a friend of Lee's?"
"Uh..."
My mother looked at me. "Lee, I'm so sorry you felt that way. I honestly don't mean to compare you to your brother and sister - I'm honest."
I bit my lip to keep the tears from coming. "I believe you."
"And as for... well, as for your choice of friends..." my mother took a deep breath, and I was shocked.
Was she really going to say it??
"I guess I should trust your judgment. You were always a good kid with a good head on your shoulders, and you'd never hang around with people who would endanger you or anything like that. I guess I was wrong about Sara."
"Ahem!" I nodded to Lucia, who was studying a faraway tree.
"And... Lucas, was it?"
I rolled my eyes at her as Lucia took my mother's hand and kissed it like a medieval knight. "Lucia. It's a pleasure to finally meet this magnificent young lady's parents."
My dad raised his eyebrows and nodded to Lucia, who shook his hand as my mother twittered like a nesting robin. "And are you from this Other World, too?"
"Yes, I'm Uthra."
"Hm. Are you in Lee's class?"
"Class One Fatine, that's right."
"And you?" My dad looked at Rojye, who nodded. "Class One Fatine."
"Take good care of my little Lamb, won't you?" My dad clapped me on the shoulder, and I blushed.
"Dad, don't call me that here!"
"But you are my little Lamb, Lee."
"We'll treat her like royalty," Lucia promised, going down on one knee. Rojye imitated him, and I burst out laughing.
Andie giggled, too, and Lucia finally saw her. "Is this your sister?"
"Yup."
Andie blushed. "He's CUTE!" she mouthed to me as Lucia gave her the same "kiss-the-hand" treatment as he'd given my mom.
I rolled my eyes and shook my head. "Don't get any ideas!" I mouthed back.
Andie gave me a wicked grin.
Meanwhile, Darryl went over to Rojye and said, "Can you fly, too?"
"Yeah," Rojye answered with all of the grace and eloquence that he usually did.
"What about spells? Can you kill a guy just by glaring a him?"
"I don't think anyone can do that." Rojye glanced at me with a look of disbelief on his face as my brother peppered him with more ridiculous questions.
Sara and Shiia joined me, and I introduced Shiia next. Both parents, sufficiently glowing, greeted her cheerfully, and Shiia gave me a "now-that-wasn't-so-bad-was-it?" look. I made a face.
Then, Talika and Salima showed up. I introduced them as well.
Then, Sara had a serious conversation with my mother about her Wiccan faith. My mother listened carefully and nodded and asked for clarification when there were parts she didn't understand. My father got into a discussion with Talika and Lucia about the Othrworlde and the technology there (my dad works for a huge computer company as an engineer). My brother continued to bother Rojye about killing spells (he's another Harry Potter freak). Shiia and Salima entertained my sister with little spells to make her drop her jaw...
Which left me and Ben.
Ben refused to look at me, and I rolled my eyes.
"You know, I'm not wrong this time."
Ben made a face. "I don't want to be wrong."
"Tough. There are a lot of things in life that we have to do but don't want to." I glared at him. "If you want to stay my friend for a long time, you're going to have to learn how to deal with that. That includes being wrong sometimes."
Ben sighed. "Whatever."
I nodded, content with that. I figured that I'd give him a while.
Unfortunately, Fate had another thing in store for me.
"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGH!!!"
We looked up in surprise as a female Class Three Elfin tore past us, screaming her head off.
When I looked up, I saw why:
A previously overcast sky had turned a nasty black color...
... and some hideous creatures were trudging up the hills underneath it!
"Demons!" I heard Lucia hiss.
And I felt ready to faint.
No... way...
See? I told you there would be heavy drama. Don't expect this to be the last of the problems Lee encounters with remnants of her old life. *evil grin*

*Lee: Yeah, my old life was a barrel of monkeys.

*Shiia: Sounds fun!

*Sara: It's just a figure of speech, Shiia.

*Shiia: Oh.

*Ben: *stares at Shiia* Where did you come from?

*Shiia: The Othrworlde.

*Rojye: *sniggers*

As I said before, I'll probably try to scan some pictures I've sketched soon - not this very weekend, however, due to MORE obligations I can't worm out of. -_- WILL IT EVER END??

*Rojye: *going Confucius* There are many things in your life that you'll have to do... regardless of your wishes.

Thanks a lot, Mister Wisdom.

Kudos goes out to MorriganAensland for her kick-butt fic "Matei Mizuki"!! Go read it if you haven't all ready - it's getting really REALLY REALLY good!
Peace&Love!!

--------------------

MorriganAensland
post May 21 2008, 1:35 AM
Post #36

Cosmix Fairy

Ah... the gloriousness of kudos. I'll be sure to put a good word in for you on Friday.

Anyways, lots and lots of wangst this time around, but considering the epic struggle of cleanning up my accursed room today with my mom that lasted several hours, I can relate to the agony. The little expositions helped clear up a few things, and didn't seem to mess up the momentum of the story.

Ben seems like a total jerkass, as TV Tropes would define him. Shatter his will to live, Lee, do so and the power of the Dark Side will be yours for the taking! And naturally the horde of demons as the best or worst timing, depending on how one looks at it.

Anyways, most of the gang is in one place... it probably won't be too hard for them to scrape by.

--------------------

LinneaKou
post May 21 2008, 1:59 AM
Post #37

Harmonix Fairy

QUOTE (MorriganAensland @ May 20 2008, 08:35 PM) *
Ah... the gloriousness of kudos. I'll be sure to put a good word in for you on Friday.

Aw, thanks! You don't HAVE to, though. Still, the thought's nice. =D

Anyways, lots and lots of wangst this time around, but considering the epic struggle of cleaning up my accursed room today with my mom that lasted several hours, I can relate to the agony. The little expositions helped clear up a few things, and didn't seem to mess up the momentum of the story.

"Wangst"? ...or was that a typo... Yeah, I don't have a mom like Lee's, but my mom, while pretty cool, can be a bit... mommish. All moms are like that. It's a fact of life and nature. Still, Lee's mom is pretty extreme. Don't expect to see too many of her type in the world.
Yay, my story had momentum! AND IT DIDN'T GET MESSED UP! YAYZ~!

Ben seems like a total jerkass, as TV Tropes would define him. Shatter his will to live, Lee, do so and the power of the Dark Side will be yours for the taking!

LOL. Ben is actually not that bad. He's just really out of his element at this point, and he's also grasping for control. When he met Lee, she was too much of a free spirit, and he feared losing her if he didn't exert control, which he learned "TRADITIONALLY" goes to the male. He's really a kind and caring person... when he's getting his way. And putting him in the middle of Majischul with possible rivals for Lee's attentions AND the fact that she has powers he doesn't? Baking soda + vinegar. (I can probably come up with a better metaphor, but I'm kinda maxed out)

And naturally the horde of demons as the best or worst timing, depending on how one looks at it.

Anyways, most of the gang is in one place... it probably won't be too hard for them to scrape by.

HAW! Actually, none of them have been in combat before, and considering Lucia and Rojye are the only ones with dueling experience...
Hehe, this should be fun to write. I expect Lee's going to make good on her promise to learn how to duel.

--------------------

MorriganAensland
post May 21 2008, 2:17 AM
Post #38

Cosmix Fairy

Wangst is a sorta fandom term for occasionally over-the-top angst. That's all.

--------------------

LinneaKou
post May 21 2008, 9:34 PM
Post #39

Harmonix Fairy

Okays then. (A new word for my vocab... "wangst" - I like it!)

A few non-Magix Club friends of mine were confused about stuff I'd included in my story... that, and I just feel like putting fluff up until I finish the next chapter. So here it is:

LINNEAKOU'S GUIDE TO MAJISCHULE!!

Terms and Vocab:

Uthra = an adjective describing anything from the Othrworlde - from citizens to language to types of food.

Flat = non-magickal beings (i.e. humans with no powers, Sensitive or otherwise. Case in point: Lee's mom)

Fatina = comes from the Italian word "Fate" meaning "fairy/faerie". Adapted for artistic value. (I LUV ITALIAN!)
-Fatine = my word, this time (I think...); male counterpart to "Fatina".

Magick = REAL "supernatural" energy (i.e. paranormal or psychic powers). In other words, manipulation of the Universe's energies to perform unnatural tasks that a Flat shouldn't be able to do.

Magic = fake/slight-of-hand tricks to look like magick. There IS a difference, and Ben obviously doesn't know it.

(By the way, the two terms for "magick" and "magic" ARE actually true... ask any practicing Wiccan)

When I think of more, I'll add onto the list. If there are any questions, feel free to post them. And if I missed anything feel free to let me know.

NOW: Onto the Majischul staff!

We've already met...

Ms. Lightbringer: headmistress of Majischul, nobility (Lady), aunt of Lucia, and Class One Fatina, Sprite level. (No, I'm not talking about the drink). Extremely nice, but not seen often around campus. Also is an expert on mythology and legends.

Jiselle (Madam - Lee's on her good side): head of discipline, teaches dueling and combat, and commands campus security. Class Three Elf, very strict except for when she's dealing with favored students. Always first to bark at offending students, and very dangerous in battle.

Lady Kachamin: Flight instructer, Charms and Spellcasting teacher; Class Two Piskie (Pixie). Easily excited, very forgetful, and often repeats herself. More fun-loving than most of the other teachers. Rarely angered, but when frustrated or pushed past the line, can be very explosive.

Here's a few more:

Professor Morvine: technology department. Female android (NOT KIDDING). Special talents: can hook up to the internet through a plug in the wall. Has excellent memory; always cheerful, even when dishing out punishments. Runs on organic fuel (i.e. she eats normal foods and her body processes them like oil in an internal combustion system).

Sir Anjii: instructor of the Sensitive levels (for example, Class Six Espers) and educating Flats on how to increase psychic powers. Is actually an eight-year-old Oracle from the Othrworlde. Very quiet, never objects often (out loud, at least) and acts like someone ten times his age. Is also somewhat of a genius.

Harr Dursk: Potions and P.E. instructor. Kind of weird (often misconceived as perverted). Is a satyr (half-man, half-goat) with a long curling mustache and goatee. Wears loud ties. Is usually at odds with other teachers (considering he's not very good with women). Makes people laugh a lot without realizing it.

Mr. Hister: History and transmetamorphosis instructor; is a Kendri (shapeshifter from the Othrworlde) who is actually hundreds of years old. Loves to goof around and often pranks Harr Dursk. Is very popular with students. Close friends with Headmistress and Lucia.

Because I don't feel like quitting, here are some main character profiles.

Name: Lìnnia Regine Cavaliare
Nickname: Lee, Lìnnia-douchi
Birthday: July 27
Western Zodiac: Leo
Hair: Brown-gold
Eyes: Gold
Height: 5' 0" (yeah, she's short)
Weight: 110 lb.
Class: One, Fatina
Strengths: Flying, premonitions
Weaknesses: self-worth (or lack thereof)
Little known facts: (not really) Is possibly the reincarnation of Ilianou, an all-powerful goddess from the Othrworlde... enjoys popular fantasy works such as Harry Potter, Wicked, and Mercedes Lackey books
Personal quote: "Holy cow holy chicken holy duck holy elephant holy flamingo..."

Name: Lord Lucia de'le Uthreti Lichte
Nickname: (for Rojye) Lord Ladylike
Birthday: Fourth moon, seventeenth sun (April 17)
Western Zodiac: Aries
Hair: Bluish-black
Eyes: cerulean (in other words, deep blue)
Height: 6'5"
Weight: 145 lb.
Class: One, Fatine
Strengths: Flying, hand-to-hand combat, clairvoyance
Weaknesses: dark secrets about his past and his family
Little known facts: Is nephew of Headmistress Fiora Lightbringer... his mother is married to a Lord that is not his actual father
Personal quote: "What's a Muggle?"

Name: Sara O'Callahan
Nickname: Stare-ah (see Little Known Facts)
Birthday: May 4
Western Zodiac: Taurus
Hair: Dirty Blonde
Eyes: Green
Height: 5'10"
Weight: 120 lb.
Class: Six, Esper
Strengths: Psychic abilities, cool-headed judgments
Weaknesses: Easily offended
Little known facts: Wins at every staring contest... has potential to advance in Classification (i.e. go up a level from Class Six Esper)... is a full-blooded Wiccan
Personal quote: "It's your mess; YOU clean it up!"

Name: Shiia t'Chalti d'Uthriwurde
Nickname: N/A
Birthday: Sixth moon, twenty-forth sun (June 24)
Western Zodiac: Cancer
Hair: Yellow Blonde
Eyes: Silver-blue
Height: 5'8"
Weight: 113 lb.
Strengths: Open-minded, empathetic (can feel others' emotions)
Weaknesses: A bit overbearing and overeager, sometimes takes too much in to be able to handle
Little known facts: Chose to leave the Uthra Akedmje on the premise "I want to travel the Universe!"
Personal quote: "Dueling is a blood sport and is one I do not condone."

Name: Duke Talika de'la Otriwae
Birthday: Fifth moon, thirtieth sun (May 30)
Western Zodiac: Gemini
Hair: Black
Eyes: Silver
Height: 6'10"
Weight: 115 lb.
Strengths: Extremely high IQ, can duplicate himself
Weaknesses: easily distracted
Little known fact: Inherited his "Duke" status from his great-great-grandfather, who served in a more recent battle against a reincarnation of Bodache.
Personal quote: "Barbarianism is only so to those who are too civilized to look past it."

Name: Salima u'Throtou
Nickname: Lady
Birthday: Tenth moon, twelfth sun (October 12)
Western Zodiac: Libra
Hair: Silver
Eyes: Brown
Height: 5'9"
Weight: 120 lb.
Strengths: can heal almost anything, can manipulate water
Weaknesses: quick to cry, very gullible
Little known fact: Comes from an Uthra tribe that lives partially in the Othrworlde's seas... is a master healer from that tribe
Personal quote: "Peace starts with the heart."

Name: Lord Rojye U'Dakkan T'Chalka
Nickname: Royal-Pain
Birthday: Eleventh moon, eleventh sun (November 11)
Western Zodiac: Scorpio
Hair: Purple
Eyes: Red
Height: 6'0
Weight: 150 lb.
Strengths: very thick skin, top spellcaster in Majischul
Weaknesses: Very blunt, can be rude; not a team player
Little known fact: Occasionally known to have very deep thoughts... a great problem-solver
Personal quote: "Hmph."

Name: Ben Tellerson
Birthday: August 24
Western Zodiac: Virgo
Hair: Blonde
Eyes: Green
Height: 6'11"
Weight: 125 lb.
Class: N/A
Strengths: high IQ, good actor
Weaknesses: bad-tempered, sexist and prejudiced
Little known fact: top gamer at Chamka High... is currently training to become a lawyer
Personal quote: "I don't want to be wrong."

That's all I got! *massages aching hands* There will be more coming. I hope this helps out a little with getting to know some of the lesser-appearing characters. Don't worry, each one will have their moment in the spotlight!
I PROMISE, PICS COMING SOON! *headdesk*

This post has been edited by LinneaKou: May 21 2008, 9:40 PM

--------------------

fullmoon
post May 23 2008, 9:36 PM
Post #40

Cosmix Fairy

Can't wait for the pictures!!! Royje is nicer now!!! Wow! Seems like a different person. icon_razz.gif

Name: Duke Talika de'la Otriwae
Birthday: Fifth moon, thirtieth sun (May 30)
Western Zodiac: Gemini
Hair: Black
Eyes: Silver
Height: 6'10"
Weight: 115 lb.
Strengths: Extremely high IQ, can duplicate himself
Weaknesses: easily distracted
Little known fact: Inherited his "Duke" status from his great-great-grandfather, who served in a more recent battle against a reincarnation of Bodache.
Personal quote: "Barbarianism is only so to those who are too civilized to look past it."

Man!!! He must be skinny!!!

Name: Lord Rojye U'Dakkan T'Chalka
Nickname: Royal-Pain
Birthday: Eleventh moon, eleventh sun (November 11)
Western Zodiac: Scorpio
Hair: Purple
Eyes: Red
Height: 6'0
Weight: 150 lb.
Strengths: very thick skin, top spellcaster in Majischul
Weaknesses: Very blunt, can be rude; not a team player
Little known fact: Occasionally known to have very deep thoughts... a great problem-solver
Personal quote: "Hmph."

I LUV HIS QUOTE!!! Very touchin ya know. ^.^ Also seems like he is the oldest.

====

Lol, I often encounter short protagonists but I find it nice and gives me fantasies of wishing to be shorter also. I'm 5'5 or 5'6.

--------------------

8 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Add Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 29th May 2024 - 1:31 PM