Add Reply
> Disney LE and Designer dolls
Zhanneel
post Feb 16 2022, 11:20 PM
Post #1

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Group: Admins

Since there are a lot of Winx doll collectors, I figure there must also be some that overlap that shop the high end collector Disney dolls as well. There is just as much online chatter regarding these dolls releases as there is with every Winx Club doll release.

The most recent doll line currently being released is the “Ultimate Princess Celebration” series featuring 15 Designer quality princess dolls. Starting in October 2021, one doll is released every month until December 2022. Due to shipping and supply issues, these dolls may be purchased as pre-orders or if you’re lucky, will ship a few days after purchase. They retail at $129.99 USD and are sold worldwide.

This series is controversial because each doll is redesigned in the image and styling of a different contracted doll designer, and fans tend to either love or hate the designs.

Here’s the list of the released dolls so far:

2021:

October- Jasmine (released)
November- Pocahontas (released)
December- Ariel (released)

2022:

January- Mulan (released)
February- Tiana (released)
March- Aurora
April- Merida
May- Moana
June- Snow White
July- Rapunzel
August- Belle
September- TBD
October- TBD
November- TBD
December- TBD

Links to the first 5 dolls.

Jasmine

Pocahontas

Ariel

Mulan

Tiana

Go to the top of the page
Zhanneel
post Feb 17 2022, 12:21 AM
Post #2

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Group: Admins

Now for my opinions, ha.

I have a few issues with this doll line as well. I’ve already said quite a bit about these dolls on another Disney doll forum, so I’m not going to explain my thoughts completely. But my run-down regarding these dolls is as follows.

Jasmine- absolutely stunning. Awesome to see her in red.

Pocahontas- not a favorite, but the skirt styling is very interesting.

Ariel- absolutely do not like. Since these are supposed to be “gala” style dresses I think she looks underdressed, like she’s going to a high school prom. I actually bought her a first, and then returned her when I saw her in person. Just not for me.

Mulan- fantastic, second favorite to Jasmine. I do think the designer when too heavy on black and that the face is too severe, but overall she is still beautiful. Especially all the embroidery on the sleeves.

Tiana-another gorgeous design. Plainer than Jasmine’s embroidery, but very beautiful. Art Deco theme is amazing. Also giving me Grecian vibes.

Aurora- Still on the fence about this one. I need better pictures. The inner skirt is too plain for me, like it needs a panel or rhinestones. Something. More pictures needed.

Not sure if these dolls are living up to Designer standards or the $129.99 USD value, but some are pretty.
Go to the top of the page

Add Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 2:35 AM