--------------------

Thanks Cami!!!
Go to the top of the page
humbu111
post Sep 4 2010, 5:36 AM
Post #23

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Former Staff

Okay so now that voting is inevitable, which do you guys think is better? Voting in public, so posting the names of who you're voting for in a topic; or voting through pm, so inboxing the account MagixClubAwardsVoting with your votes?

--------------------

Credits to Bre for the forum set, and Ditty/Esca for the userbar :D

mightymarty2
post Sep 4 2010, 7:25 AM
Post #24

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Group: Admins

At one point mcf had a bot voting account

--------------------
*stella* created this wonderful avatar and SpiderBraids for the rescue and Angel Darkstorm this wonderful signature
W.I.N.X
post Sep 4 2010, 2:58 PM
Post #25

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Honor Members

Oooh, ooh, Kate would like a spot too si vous plait. If they're not full and all xD.

--------------------

Badge by Morny.
Personal Photo made by sailorvs4
angel123
post Sep 4 2010, 9:47 PM
Post #26

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Senior Member

Yea humbu I agree with you on the three vote thing and I would have to say public voting cause every one is gonna share who they voted for anyways

--------------------
Thanx jah, i love it ^_^
humbu111
post Sep 5 2010, 1:46 AM
Post #27

Cosmix Fairy

Well true, but if its through pm then only the vote counter(s) would see it and anyone who wants to keep it private would be able to. And then if there are any disputes it can be checked over by an admin (Boo), she has the password. But I'm just saying; I'm indifferent. Whatever the majority thinks works for me. Sunday is really soon (and has already started for some), so if anyone who sees this please posts what they think about voting, it would be helpful.

This post has been edited by humbu111: Sep 5 2010, 1:47 AM

--------------------

mightymarty2
post Sep 5 2010, 7:10 AM
Post #28

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Group: Admins

well I think using the bot account would be best

--------------------
*stella* created this wonderful avatar and SpiderBraids for the rescue and Angel Darkstorm this wonderful signature
W.I.N.X
post Sep 5 2010, 7:13 AM
Post #29

Cosmix Fairy

I'd probably agree with using the bot, tha way, if people want to share who they voted for then they can. And it's worked before, so why not?

--------------------

Badge by Morny.
winxclubrox23
post Sep 5 2010, 7:24 AM
Post #30

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Journalists

Yesh, why not? 'Cause then if you don't want to share who you voted for, that works too. In a thread, you'd have to declare who you wanted to vote for. If that makes sense...

--------------------

Thanks to Ditty for the userbar! Llamas by CookiemagiK on DA
humbu111
post Sep 5 2010, 7:53 AM
Post #31

Cosmix Fairy

Okay, just making sure lol. The account to send votes to (MagixClubAwardsVoting) is ready to go and atleast one admin has the password, so I guess we'll just wait a few more hours to make sure no one else wants to sign up? (:

--------------------

Boo
post Sep 5 2010, 4:03 PM
Post #32

Cosmix Fairy

Like Marty said, I think that if a member, who is not on this committee, has an idea, than they should be able to run their activity on their own. (For example, if a member wants to hold a pixel doll contest, than they should be the one who runs it, picks out the judges, etc.) I think if the job of creating activities falls strictly upon the shoulders of this "committee", it will discourage other members from doing so.

Therefore, I think the responsibility of this committee would be not to be in charge of every activity that comes to life, rather, they should allow for independent contests, etc. to be held, which are separate from their own. In other words, I think this committee should be designed to produce more activities than we already have, but not to control all activities that are created around here.

Perhaps I would like to be convinced of a need for such a group. I kind of get the gist of why, but I would like some supporting reasons from the "group members" themselves. :)

(Do you get what I mean or shall I explain it more? I know it's worded awkwardly...) :/

--------------------
When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door, that we do not see the one which has opened for us. -Helen Keller
humbu111
post Sep 5 2010, 7:13 PM
Post #33

Cosmix Fairy

Like Marty said, I think that if a member, who is not on this committee, has an idea, than they should be able to run their activity on their own. (For example, if a member wants to hold a pixel doll contest, than they should be the one who runs it, picks out the judges, etc.) I think if the job of creating activities falls strictly upon the shoulders of this "committee", it will discourage other members from doing so.

Therefore, I think the responsibility of this committee would be not to be in charge of every activity that comes to life, rather, they should allow for independent contests, etc. to be held, which are separate from their own. In other words, I think this committee should be designed to produce more activities than we already have, but not to control all activities that are created around here.

I dont think the committee members are meant to control everything, just to
a) Do their best to make sure there's always something extra going on here, and
b) (similar to what Jah said earlier) To assist if a member needs help implementing an idea for an activity/contest. So if someone wanted to hold a pixel doll competition, they could like run it by the committee to discuss the best way for it to happen, and then still be in charge of it them self if they wanted to. (An example of how the committee could help: making graphics as the prizes for a contest run by someone who doesnt do graphics). Since alot of the people who signed up have experience running events on here and all, and in the past, I'm sure we've seen competitions and stuff started by new-ish members which didnt really work out due to lack of commitment or not so great organization. Its really annoying having someone post a new contest/event, and then ditch it before its finished, especially if you've already started on or submitted your entry. Hopefully with the committee, situations like that will become extremely scarce.

Perhaps I would like to be convinced of a need for such a group. I kind of get the gist of why, but I would like some supporting reasons from the "group members" themselves. :)

Well the need is of course to help MC become active once again, since to be blunt its been pretty dull for the past few months. With a committee of dedicated members specifically working to hold contests and events, it'll definitely liven up the forums and encourage activity from those who dont come on as much, as well as hold the interest of members who joined recently. As for from the 'group members' themselves, that hasnt been decided yet since the vote hasnt taken place yet lol.

To be clear, this is just my take on how the committee works. I dont want to speak for others in case they have different ideas on what its all about, though I'm sure it cant be much different.

This post has been edited by humbu111: Sep 5 2010, 7:15 PM

--------------------

W.I.N.X
post Sep 6 2010, 2:00 PM
Post #34

Cosmix Fairy

Plus, I'd like to add in, it sorta makes it more...official? It's not quite staff run, but run by dedicated members of the site. And since it feels more official, then I think someone with a specific job doing that would pull through and would really give a sense of things getting done, because presumably the group would have the permission of the site owner's to run such competitions, which I guess would assure people something's going to happen.

Sorry if that makes no sense. I'm tired.

--------------------

Badge by Morny.
{§hani}
post Sep 7 2010, 6:38 AM
Post #35

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Members

no that made perfect sence kate C: i agree also.

--------------------

I AM A HORROR. LOVELY SET BY EMI. MUSA DRAWN BY ALAMISTERRA.
terriordx32
post Sep 7 2010, 9:11 PM
Post #36

Cosmix Fairy

Humbu and Kate, you guys took the words out of my mouth. I would write something, but it would be basically saying what they already said.

--------------------

Thanks Cami!!!
StellaRocks
post Sep 7 2010, 9:31 PM
Post #37

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Senior Member

*raises hand looks around*Pick me! Pick me! pretty please can i have spot on the voting ballad pretty please..if there is a spot left.

--------------------

"Don't ever forget that with each step a person is able to take on their own, they have become that much stronger." ~Tamahome
terriordx32
post Sep 7 2010, 9:34 PM
Post #38

Cosmix Fairy

1. Terriordx32
2. Humbu
3. Mish
4. Shani
5. AP
6. Angel
7. Tea
8. Jahnavi
9. Stella

So this is the people whom joined thus far, I think Boo still has doubts. Idk, but we will start the ballad after boo posts.

--------------------

Thanks Cami!!!
humbu111
post Sep 7 2010, 10:11 PM
Post #39

Cosmix Fairy

^ Kate signed up too (after Jah), so we have 10 candidates ^^

--------------------

Winx4eva!
post Sep 8 2010, 2:28 PM
Post #40

Cosmix Fairy

Oh yeah! I'm number 3 xD!

--------------------

--- www.mishiiheart.blogspot.com ---

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Add Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 3:51 PM