Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Add Reply
> Remastered S1 on the way
SpiderBraids
post Jul 31 2022, 12:55 PM
Post #1

Bloomix Fairy

Group: Members

WinxClubRus has reported that Rainbow is preparing a remaster of the first season of the show (sample pictures) and it was also reported that they were premiering them at a special Winx event at the Giffoni Film Festival (which will have already taken place at the time of writing) Sirenix-Winx reports Straffi's explanation as follows:
"First off, many fans aren't thrilled with the new Seasons, and they don't look forward to Season 9 expecting it to live up to their expectations. Second, broadcasters in many countries are refusing to broadcast the first seasons of Winx Club because of the outdated 480 picture quality, as the broadcasters have long since switched to high-quality broadcasts. And Rainbow doesn't want to lose this clientele. Third, Rainbow realizes that fans of the old Seasons will accept the remaster with open arms."
1. Minor nitpick: The pre-HD seasons would actually have been 576, rather than 480 lines
2. Not against the improved image in principle, but hopefully he'll allow the non-remastered versions to remain available, otherwise this feels a bit like the Star Wars Special Editions to me icon_confused.gif
3. Also makes me wonder how they'll handle a certain controversial episode from that season: Just skip over that scene, give the girl a different bad 'do (may be a problem, since the audio in RAI English specifically mentions her hair puffing up), or even maybe do a 4Kids and rearrange so that we only see Stella getting her makeup done, then show the Trix setting up their plan?

--------------------
Go to the top of the page
mightymarty2
post Aug 1 2022, 6:23 AM
Post #2

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Group: Admins

Thanks for the info. Interesting to see what happens and will it get reshown like Straffi hopes.

It feels like Straffi is trying to build up some positive hype around Winx in preparation for season 9 release. As the newer seasons are not doing as well as the old ones

--------------------
*stella* created this wonderful avatar and SpiderBraids for the rescue and Angel Darkstorm this wonderful signature
Zhanneel
post Aug 17 2022, 1:58 PM
Post #3

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

I may be in a camp of one by myself but....I am just not interested in anything remastered. If he was releasing these to DVD for collection purposes, maybe. But everyone has seen these episodes already, and in every format possible. And with all the edits. 😵 I guess I am just ready for new content. Or if Season 9 stinks, then just end the Winx series at Season 8 and call it complete. I feel like Straffi can't market the Winx franchise out of a paper bag anymore.

But thank you SpiderBraids for all the info!
mightymarty2
post Aug 17 2022, 6:32 PM
Post #4

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

I am 50:50 on these things some are well done some are fine. I am not bothered as long as it not instead of new content and does not affect quality

--------------------
*stella* created this wonderful avatar and SpiderBraids for the rescue and Angel Darkstorm this wonderful signature
Zhanneel
post Aug 18 2022, 3:13 AM
Post #5

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

That's the part I don't understand. Is Straffi delaying the making of new content and just doing a quick remaster of old episodes as filler for the masses? It's been a while since we've had new content..
mightymarty2
post Aug 18 2022, 6:35 AM
Post #6

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

I am not sure, the delay could be related to the pandemic but I still think its trying to get hype/people talking about Winx. As I get the impression the last few seasons have not been as successful hence the format change for season 9

--------------------

Fast ReplyAdd Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 10:01 AM