Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Add Reply
> Pan's Labyrinth, El Laberinto del Fauno
P-girl
post Oct 10 2007, 10:15 AM
Post #1

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Honor Members

This is, seriously one of the best movies I've ever seen. At the end, I cried so hard I had to be comforted by my father.
Pan's Labyrinth is set in post-Civil War Spain, tells the allegorical story of a girl named Ofelia who is given three tasks by a mysterious faun. Meanwhile, her stepfather, the Falangist Captain Vidal, viciously hunts for rebels in the region, and her pregnant mother grows ill.

Everything about this movie is top-notch. The music, the actors, with my personal favourite Doug Jones on top, the storyline, which is a perfect mixture between breath-taking fantasy and harsh reality and the faun (Doug Jones) and his fairies are some of the most memorable characters I've ever seen in a movie.

A warning, however: This film is dark, contains some extremely graphic, and even gory violence, mainly thanks to Captain Vidal and his psycopath ways. Not suited for a young audience.

This post has been edited by P-girl: Oct 10 2007, 10:15 AM
Go to the top of the page
Ranma
post Oct 22 2007, 7:55 AM
Post #2

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Senior Member

Saw it, loved it, chose to believe (to avoid spoilers) that the ending with Ofelia and...her ...parents... was what really happened.

--------------------
Abby
post Nov 9 2007, 12:39 AM
Post #3

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Former Staff

I really want to see this movie!
Another Morning
post Nov 9 2007, 5:01 AM
Post #4

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Honor Members

I was at my aunt's house a while ago with my parents, and we rented this movie. I had really wanted to see it for a long time, so I was really excited all day.

...And then my parents made my watch my little cousin so they could watch it. >_O

I only saw the last half hour. It kinda ruined it for me.

--------------------
RIP Falicia (AngelDarkstorm, Anime-Princess) :: 01/19/1990 - 05/25/2013 :: I love you, Sisser.

"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying." ~Oscar Wilde

Add Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 8:36 PM