5 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Add Reply
> Season 8 in development, Plus other Rainbow news
SpiderBraids
post Oct 7 2015, 1:12 AM
Post #1

Bloomix Fairy

Group: Members

Straffi has confirmed in an interview that season 8 is being developed, and the interview also hints that the Netflix spinoff "Winx Club: WOW" may be pushed back to 2017. (Meanwhile, Season 7 has already finished in Italy, while the US is still waiting for Nick Jr. to get around to finishing Season 6 icon_confused.gif)

In other news, Rainbow has bought up the Canadian animation studio Bardel Entertainment, and Rainbow is currently trying to promote their new show Regal Academy, with a new website and promo clips.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page
mightymarty2
post Oct 7 2015, 6:04 PM
Post #2

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Group: Admins

Well that is interesting news if not giving very much away

--------------------
*stella* created this wonderful avatar and SpiderBraids for the rescue and Angel Darkstorm this wonderful signature
P-girl
post Oct 7 2015, 6:18 PM
Post #3

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Honor Members

I wonder what the Season's 'theme' will be. Ever since Season 5, there's distinct theming. (Ocean in 5, Fairy Tales and Stories in 6, Animals in 7).
Zhanneel
post Mar 15 2018, 1:14 PM
Post #4

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

There appears to be a new image for Season 8. (See attached picture below.) It does not show a whole lot of detail, but it proves to be sparkly, lol. There is a lot of concern from fans due to the art styling, but I'm not sure this is a true representation of the show animation. This could just be fancy cover art at the moment to draw people in. If it is accurate to the animation style for season 8, then it looks like the girls will be younger... Not in favor of a reboot, i.e. Monster High reboot?

On a fun note, it is getting ridiculously hard to determine what is fanart and what is canon. Fan art has become so amazing! A testament to awesome artists everywhere:

http://winxclubfairiies.blogspot.com/2016/...candix.html?m=1

This post has been edited by Zhanneel: Mar 15 2018, 1:16 PM
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

P-girl
post Mar 15 2018, 2:00 PM
Post #5

Cosmix Fairy

I don't want to bring up this topic again, but that girl with the brown hair better not be Flora. Or at least not how she will appear in the actual show.

This post has been edited by P-girl: Mar 15 2018, 2:00 PM
Zhanneel
post Mar 15 2018, 2:45 PM
Post #6

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

QUOTE (P-girl @ Mar 15 2018, 10:00 AM) *
I don't want to bring up this topic again, but that girl with the brown hair better not be Flora. Or at least not how she will appear in the actual show.

xD Yeah, I think that's pretty much good 'ol pink Flora unfortunately. I'm also concerned about the direction the character designs are going. Couture was not my preferred design from WoW, so if it's a little better than that I guess I can count my blessings. (Couture is nice for art...just not sure wispy hair and clothes are good for an adventure/action show).
mightymarty2
post Mar 15 2018, 6:53 PM
Post #7

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

I am not convinced I think it is closer to the games design than the TV/movie programmes

--------------------
*stella* created this wonderful avatar and SpiderBraids for the rescue and Angel Darkstorm this wonderful signature
Zhanneel
post Mar 15 2018, 7:13 PM
Post #8

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

QUOTE (mightymarty2 @ Mar 15 2018, 2:53 PM) *
I am not convinced I think it is closer to the games design than the TV/movie programmes

Yeah, hopefully that is the case. I agree, it doesn't quite look like an animation style. However, the transformation outfits, while not exhibiting a theme, do look nice.
Zhanneel
post Mar 16 2018, 2:46 PM
Post #9

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

I got a good laugh at this. Probably because I've become extremely skeptical of the direction in which Winx Club has been traveling...

This post has been edited by Zhanneel: Mar 16 2018, 2:46 PM
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

Zhanneel
post Mar 16 2018, 4:11 PM
Post #10

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

New closeup picture of Season 8, courtesy of Winxclubrus. (And on a side note, why do Russians seem to be more informed about Winx updates than Italian sources? 😁)
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

mightymarty2
post Mar 16 2018, 4:49 PM
Post #11

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

It is strange that Russia gets more info but until I see more I am sceptical like you Zhan.

Chickenix did give me a laugh thanks for sharing

--------------------
Zhanneel
post Mar 16 2018, 5:14 PM
Post #12

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Glad you got a laugh too. icon_wink.gif

After looking at these outfits much closer now I see many stars in the general theme. They also have a gauze-like texture, like a starsfield. I wonder if season 8's theme will have something to do with space? Intergalactic fairies! If so, I'm calling it Galactix!

This post has been edited by Zhanneel: Mar 16 2018, 11:07 PM
P-girl
post Mar 16 2018, 10:16 PM
Post #13

Cosmix Fairy

I kinda like the outfits. Kinda like if Winx was from the 80s or something.
Zhanneel
post Mar 16 2018, 11:13 PM
Post #14

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

QUOTE (P-girl @ Mar 16 2018, 6:16 PM) *
I kinda like the outfits. Kinda like if Winx was from the 80s or something.

I totally agree! I'm a huge 80s fan, and I actually like the overall look of the outfits themselves. The character design is questionable, but I think we'll get more news on that soon enough. I still think these outfits look so spacey! icon_smile.gif

I'm uploading a post I put up on Instagram, showing the new Winx season 8 design next to Moon Dreamers dolls. Not sure if anybody remembers Moon Dreamers from the 80s? I totally think they look similar, haha. They also remind me a tad of Judy and Jane Jetson's outfits too.

And it looks like Winx Club Rus has put up yet another picture. How are they getting these?! What backdoor do they have to Straffi's main office!? xD

Edit: okay, so it looks like the last picture attached here is a partial edit dobe by Winx Club Rus using the original banner image. It still looks good though.

This post has been edited by Zhanneel: Mar 17 2018, 3:41 AM
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
Attached Image

Zhanneel
post Mar 17 2018, 3:49 AM
Post #15

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Well, can't find it officially confirmed anywhere, but there are a few on Instagram who say the new transformation will definitely be called "Starlix". Sounds a little generic, but no more than Butterflix or Bloomix I suppose. I wish I could find some confirmation of this online though.
Zhanneel
post Mar 17 2018, 4:44 AM
Post #16

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Ugh. Well, this is the closest I can find to the season 8 transformation being confirmed. Still doesn't seem confirmed yet. See first picture. (From IG @winxclubeventi)

The second picture has a bit of info regarding inspiration for the Season 8 transformation. Apparently it is inspired by Bloom's original transformation from season 1? (Also from IG @winxclubeventi)
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
Attached Image

P-girl
post Mar 17 2018, 8:20 AM
Post #17

Cosmix Fairy

Actually.....

'Magical Bloom' was the original title they wanted to give the show. And now that I think about it.... Remember those Season 1 Concept Arts for the pilot that didn't get used? With, like, Green-haired Musa and Glasses-wearing Flora?
Google's failing me right now, but if anyone else knows what I'm talking about.... Please help?

This post has been edited by P-girl: Mar 17 2018, 8:23 AM
mightymarty2
post Mar 17 2018, 8:38 AM
Post #18

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

not too well. I have found some images about what you are talking about but I am not sure they are official concept art

I do hope they keep closer to the original style to give WOW and season 8 more differentiation.

I don't mind starlix as a name as long as it makes sence

--------------------
P-girl
post Mar 17 2018, 8:42 AM
Post #19

Cosmix Fairy

Thank you!

Still, that look and the original title being referenced.... I don't think that's a coincidence.
Zhanneel
post Mar 17 2018, 1:29 PM
Post #20

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Oh, I think I remember those P-girl! Like this art below? The outfits in the top left and bottom right do look a little similar to the season 8 concept. Good memory on your part! 👍😊

This post has been edited by Zhanneel: Mar 17 2018, 1:33 PM
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Fast ReplyAdd Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:33 PM