Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Add Reply
> First impressions, Open Topic for anything you've seen TV wise!
Asher Omega
post Apr 7 2009, 1:13 AM
Post #1

Butterflix Fairy

Group: Members

okay I'm making this topic because I've just watched a couple of new anime releases. but then I though what about other things? so if people are inclined why not add your own impressions of TV shows, Cartoons, or anime here. anyway I'm going to post my impressions of the new Fullmetal Alchemist (2) and the new Mazinger Z.

alright, I just watched the first episode and from everything that I know it looks to be a restart of the Anime and it does look to follow the manga alot more closely than the original did (up until it hit where the Manga was). we get introduced to a lot of people as well as see some (VERY IMPORTANT) foreshadowing of future events. They did get most of the original voice actors back, but I think they did change Alex Armstrong's Seiyuu for someone else (and I KNOW THAT VOICE, I just can't remember where!). but it does show some very good promise and I do look forward to watching it.

the New Mazinger. Hooboy. um what can I say? its crazy. a lot of characters (both protagonists and villains) and with such... vigor that its hard to keep up with. heck, I was sitting there dumb founded for the later half of the episode wondering "WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON!" but after thinking for a bit (and letting my head cool off from it) I figured it was kinda a very fast paced introductory episode for those who haven't seen or have never watched Mazinger in their life. and I'm very satisfied by that. I do look forward to see how Go Nagai (you old crazy coot you) pulls of explaining how the first episode was doing. so for the most part its a crazy yet very informative introduction to the Mazinger series.

--------------------

OMG I's got a color AVY, first one I ever had on this Forum! And now a new sig! blargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblarg
blargblargblargblarg.
Go to the top of the page
MorriganAensland
post Apr 7 2009, 1:29 AM
Post #2

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Members

Hee. Yeah. New Mazinger is crazy, and I get the idea it's a case of being In Media Res.

For me, I'm going to do something that, for once, is NOT anime. I'm talking about Chowder. I saw commercials for it all the time on Cartoon Network last year and thought "okay, it's going to essentially be just one sheep in a herd."

Then I watched a few episodes... and I have to say it's really, really worthwhile. I like the humor, especially in the episode where they take board games to a level of intensity I haven't seen since YuGiOh! made a children's card game the thing that determined the course of human events. Chowder's amusing because of his craziness, and his mentor is morally deficient just enough you can still relate to him but he's not so uptight he's boring.

Probably my favorite line in the series, and one I think is one of the most hilarious things for a professional chef to *ever* say is "I don't need a certificate to show I'm a chef! But I DO need one to continue having a career as one!"

--------------------

Hey, look! My sig's back!
Go to the top of the page

Add Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 6th May 2024 - 3:35 AM