Add Reply
> What Is Your Honest Opinion Of Tecna?
Rating 5 V
Abby
post Jun 27 2008, 3:18 AM
Post #21

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Former Staff

She does seem to be the most realistic of the group (besides her purple hair) since she doesn't always have to be gushing about her boyfriend, and does seem a lot more mature that then rest of the group.
Go to the top of the page
Zhanneel
post Jun 27 2008, 1:08 PM
Post #22

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Group: Admins

I'll agree on that. She does seem to be loved most by the older viewers. Possibly that most viewers prefer the bubbly, fashion-coordinated characters, and dislike anything or anyone that has to do with learning--I'm guessing because they associate that with homework and school?
humbu111
post Jun 27 2008, 2:59 PM
Post #23

Cosmix Fairy

lol thats true
Flora also seems pretty realistic (how Helia happened, sorta) except sometimes her personality is a little too as Stormy says, "goody goody"

--------------------

Credits to Bre for the forum set, and Ditty/Esca for the userbar :D

Jahnavi
post Jul 4 2008, 4:51 PM
Post #24

Cosmix Fairy

QUOTE (Zhanneel @ Jun 27 2008, 06:08 PM) *
I'll agree on that. She does seem to be loved most by the older viewers. Possibly that most viewers prefer the bubbly, fashion-coordinated characters, and dislike anything or anyone that has to do with learning--I'm guessing because they associate that with homework and school?

It's not only that, it's also that most younger veiwers aren't mature enough to understand Tecna's personality. They just brush her off, because she seems 'nerdy'. However, veiwers like us can appreciate a lot of those qualities.

--------------------
"We read to know that we are not alone." - C. S. Lewis
humbu111
post Jul 4 2008, 4:54 PM
Post #25

Cosmix Fairy

true that
we understand and could relate to her personality better

--------------------

P-girl
post Jul 4 2008, 5:00 PM
Post #26

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Honor Members

Tecna.... while she isn't my favorite, she definately belongs in my top three girls (Her, Musa and Stella) I also like her because she's 'Nerdy/Geeky', but she isn't 'ugly' (She's just as good-looking as the other girls). Most children's shows tend to make the nerdy one the 'ugly' one (Using it loosely here, most nerdy characters aren't ugly, but it's most of the time pretty obvious that they weren't meant to be good-looking or sexy)
humbu111
post Jul 4 2008, 5:21 PM
Post #27

Cosmix Fairy

lol the only difference between the winx girls in terms of looks is pretty much their hair (and slight differences in terms of skin colour/eye shape)

--------------------

Zhanneel
post Jul 6 2008, 3:33 AM
Post #28

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

That's true. They all have the same body structure and basically the same facial structure as well, extremely similar to one another. So, at least Straffi didn't discriminate by insinuating different levels of beauty for each race/personality of the Winx girls. They are all equally pretty in my opinion. (Though, differences in physique and facial structure are always welcome and are usually appreciated, at least by the more mature audiences)
Abby
post Jul 6 2008, 4:52 AM
Post #29

Cosmix Fairy

I agree on the look of the characters. Differences between at least the main girls would be nice, but I'm not going to complain about it, he has enough on his hands anyways. I think people don't like Tecna (at least younger kids) because she just isn't shown enough. I mean I suppose the most popular character is Bloom, and she gets the most screen time. Little kids will like whoever gets the most screen time, so if Tecna were the main character, I suppose she would be the most liked.
Hirondelle
post Jul 6 2008, 8:46 AM
Post #30

Harmonix Fairy

Group: Members

Wow, I never noticed before, but, she really is the most realistic. While she is supposed to be the smart one, I don't think she has so much of a stereotype or anything. I don't know if anybody else got this impression, but the way I saw her when I was watching the actual italian version, I thought she had more of an attitude or edge. Something made me think that at least...
Anyway, if I'm just going crazy, then I'll just add something else to say haha. I think that she really did start out getting the short end of the stick from season 1, but it's definitely improved over the time. I know I certainly think more of her now than i used to. Now, if only they put her in more promo pictures...I'm hoping they broke that Bloom-Stella-Flora pattern they usually had going on that I noticed. They're my top three, but it's not fair icon_confused.gif

--------------------

Faedust Charms
Boo
post Jul 6 2008, 5:01 PM
Post #31

Cosmix Fairy

QUOTE (Hirondelle @ Jul 6 2008, 08:46 AM) *
Anyway, if I'm just going crazy, then I'll just add something else to say haha. I think that she really did start out getting the short end of the stick from season 1, but it's definitely improved over the time. I know I certainly think more of her now than i used to. Now, if only they put her in more promo pictures...I'm hoping they broke that Bloom-Stella-Flora pattern they usually had going on that I noticed. They're my top three, but it's not fair icon_confused.gif

I agree.
I don't think it's right that they only focus on two or three of the six characters most of the time; it just bothers me greatly. Like Abby mentioned, it probably has a lot to do with screen time. If the other characters were shown in the series moreso then they were, they very well could have possibly been more popular, (since it seems like, for promo images, they always use the 3 most 'popular', like mentioned). I think that always showing the most popular characters is also adding to the decline in the fondness of the other characters; since fans are always seeing the same two or three characters, some would tend to ignore the others.
I am so glad that Tecna got more screen time in season three; finally! Well deserved. I think that they probably added that in season three to raise a liking to her among fans; but honestly, they should have spent a little more time on her in the first place instead of having to take drastic measures to make her more 'popular' so to speak.
I still feel that Flora deserves more spotlight. It seems that she and Tecna were the ones who were left out of a lot of things during the seasons (examples: Shadow Haunt in season 2, going to Cloud Tower in season 1, going to earth in season 2, etc...) Now I am holding onto a shred of hope that maybe, just maybe, they'll get more screen time now that there's word of season 4... (and, though this is doubtful because of the plot line, I hope that we get to see at least a little bit of Tecna's realm.)

(he he, sorry for the long post icon_mrgreen.gif )

--------------------
When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door, that we do not see the one which has opened for us. -Helen Keller
Abby
post Jul 7 2008, 4:00 AM
Post #32

Cosmix Fairy

Yeah, another example of the "favorite" characters is how the dolls are distributed. I've noticed Bloom, Stella, and Flora dolls are a lot more popular in stores (at least when they were in the states) than Tecna, Musa, and Layla dolls. The same thing is still on ebay now, you see a lot more bloom Stella and Flora dolls than Tecna Musa and Layla. I am also hoping tecna gets more screen time. I really am interested to see her home realm, or some relatives of hers. We have seen at least one relative of all the winx girls except her.
Hirondelle
post Jul 7 2008, 6:54 AM
Post #33

Harmonix Fairy

QUOTE (Abby @ Jul 6 2008, 08:00 PM) *
Yeah, another example of the "favorite" characters is how the dolls are distributed. I've noticed Bloom, Stella, and Flora dolls are a lot more popular in stores (at least when they were in the states) than Tecna, Musa, and Layla dolls. The same thing is still on ebay now, you see a lot more bloom Stella and Flora dolls than Tecna Musa and Layla. I am also hoping tecna gets more screen time. I really am interested to see her home realm, or some relatives of hers. We have seen at least one relative of all the winx girls except her.
Really? Wow, this makes me regret not buying the Flora doll I saw last year on the shelf. Now they're no where to be found other than online. :[ A duuuumb mistake I made.
That caught me really off guard we didn't see her home realm AND she achieved her enchantix without saving someone from her planet. Now, I didn't work on the show, but I thought that was kinda the point. Everyone gets to save someone from their planet, and Bloom would have to figure a way to achieve her enchantix form somehow...
Hmm...Zenith. It provoked a sense of mystery in my mind when I first heard that was the name of her home planet. Maybe they're trying to keep it that way. :B

I am seeing that it has a lot to do with screen time now...if they distributed it better, I wouldn't make the mistakes of forgetting one out of the six. (I'll admit, I'll do that every now and then) hah but anyway, they really should make up to Flora and Tecna for whatever they were left out of such as Shadow Haunt and earth in season two. There's no reason for them to have six characters if they're going to write in a way that looks like they're playing favoritism...

--------------------

Faedust Charms
Zhanneel
post Jul 9 2008, 3:16 AM
Post #34

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Sorry if I'm beating a dead horse (old saying =P), but I have to partially agree that Tecna is one of the least favorite characters because, in a way, that is how Straffi intended it to be. Why do most of the younger crowd love Bloom and Stella? Because Straffi commercializes it that way. He all but brainwashes the kids into believing that Bloom is the best thing since sliced bread. Same with Stella, or whichever character he wishes the girls to attach themselves to more. I know it's all about Bloom...but that doesn't mean everyone has to love her the most, if that makes sense. The other girls should have the same amount of plot time as each other, albeit, less plot time than the main character. But it is never proportioned equally. So, by purposely leaving Tecna out of everything it seems he may intentionally have kept her from being popular. Maybe it was subconscious on his part, but I really blame Straffi on this one. He hasn't even tried to raise Tecna's popularity with the younger audiences, and I'm sure he couldn't care one way or another. ahh! must stop ranting =P
Jahnavi
post Jul 9 2008, 11:25 AM
Post #35

Cosmix Fairy

I totally agree! It's pointless to have a show about a group of friends if you're just going to focus on one main character all through.

--------------------
"We read to know that we are not alone." - C. S. Lewis
humbu111
post Jul 9 2008, 9:24 PM
Post #36

Cosmix Fairy

or he could have started excluding her after he found out she wasnt as popular...

--------------------

Hirondelle
post Jul 9 2008, 9:30 PM
Post #37

Harmonix Fairy

QUOTE (Zhanneel @ Jul 8 2008, 07:16 PM) *
Sorry if I'm beating a dead horse (old saying =P), but I have to partially agree that Tecna is one of the least favorite characters because, in a way, that is how Straffi intended it to be. Why do most of the younger crowd love Bloom and Stella? Because Straffi commercializes it that way. He all but brainwashes the kids into believing that Bloom is the best thing since sliced bread. Same with Stella, or whichever character he wishes the girls to attach themselves to more. I know it's all about Bloom...but that doesn't mean everyone has to love her the most, if that makes sense. The other girls should have the same amount of plot time as each other, albeit, less plot time than the main character. But it is never proportioned equally. So, by purposely leaving Tecna out of everything it seems he may intentionally have kept her from being popular. Maybe it was subconscious on his part, but I really blame Straffi on this one. He hasn't even tried to raise Tecna's popularity with the younger audiences, and I'm sure he couldn't care one way or another. ahh! must stop ranting =P
Yeah...I kinda blame him on this too. I love the series and I see a lot of potential in it, but it hasn't really been met because some things are so uneven and there should be more to it than Bloom; maybe even not focusing so much on one of the girls as the main character. For instance, season two could definitely belong to Bloom (because she turns evil for well, like, two episodes) and Aisha because she's new. Since there was Chimera, turning into a monster, and her dad, I could see season 3 focusing more on Stella and...if they wrote it another way it could also focus on one of the others. Like two girls getting the most spotlight during each season.
If they did this though, Bloom's story would either have to be condensed or loom throughout the seasons. And she would also have season one, since she became a fairy after all.

Nonetheless, obviously there are different ways to write this show. And it would've probably benefited every character more. I don't think they needed a main character, especially if they have first five, but now even SIX leads.

--------------------

Faedust Charms
Riiana
post Jul 12 2008, 11:25 AM
Post #38

Cosmix Fairy

We don't really know a lot about her, do we?

Overall I think she can be a very funny character at times, though she isnt one of my favourites.
Tecna's very obviously the smartest out them all, though the fact that she uses technology for almost everything she does can get annoying.
But yeah I think shes a nice character and stays calm and logical in most situations while the others run around screaming their heads off.

--------------------
humbu111
post Jul 12 2008, 5:23 PM
Post #39

Cosmix Fairy

she is one of the funniest between the winx girls

--------------------

Riiana
post Jul 13 2008, 12:48 PM
Post #40

Cosmix Fairy

Yup I agree on that!

--------------------

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Add Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 6:57 PM