Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Add Reply
> Shows That Need To End!, which shows do you think time is up?
terriordx32
post Jun 22 2008, 4:56 AM
Post #1

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Former Staff

there are alot of shows that been on for a many of season. some are good and some need to just be taken off...2 of the ones, in my opinion, that are overdue are Pokemon and the Power Rangers...

they been on for a LONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG time and it doesnt seem like there going to ending soon

--------------------

Thanks Cami!!!
Go to the top of the page
mightymarty2
post Jun 23 2008, 5:01 PM
Post #2

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Group: Admins

well I think with power rangers they keep changing them so that they can sell more toys, so they can make more money, also I have seen a few and the quality is variable though what I did like was in dino thunder (also had an original in a different role), SPD and overdrive they brought in other ones from other series, in overdrive they brought the original one back,

--------------------
*stella* created this wonderful avatar and SpiderBraids for the rescue and Angel Darkstorm this wonderful signature
Zhanneel
post Jun 23 2008, 5:49 PM
Post #3

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

I would definitely like to see Pokemon end...or have a huge change in the plot and keep the universe the same (and for Peat's sake, get rid of Ash already =P)
terriordx32
post Jun 23 2008, 7:11 PM
Post #4

Cosmix Fairy

i know, ash and pikachu need to retire already..and so does team rocket...

--------------------

Thanks Cami!!!
Zhanneel
post Jun 24 2008, 1:21 AM
Post #5

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

*places them all in a cartoon retirement home*

*places Brock in position as the new main character* =P
Jahnavi
post Jun 24 2008, 3:39 PM
Post #6

Cosmix Fairy

*nods in agreement with Zhanneel* What happened to Brock's 'being a breeder' dream? I'd love to see more of his progress in the show.

--------------------
"We read to know that we are not alone." - C. S. Lewis
mightymarty2
post Jun 24 2008, 4:36 PM
Post #7

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

also don't forget I want to be the best yet leaves strong pokemon with oak so never reach there full potential

--------------------
*stella* created this wonderful avatar and SpiderBraids for the rescue and Angel Darkstorm this wonderful signature
P-girl
post Jun 24 2008, 4:52 PM
Post #8

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Honor Members

I think it's moronic to have both of the best characters from the cartoon. (Mewtwo and Giovanni) fade away like that. Flashback Giovanni doesn't count! And just WHY do they still show Mewtwo in the opening (Last time I checked, which was Battle Frontier) if he hadn't had a role since 'Mewtwo returns'? Grrr, Pokémon, Grrr.
MorriganAensland
post Jun 25 2008, 2:54 AM
Post #9

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Members

Power Rangers will keep going because the Super Sentai franchise in Japan's not slowing down at all, and we get the basis of each new series of Power Rangers from it. Kamen Rider's roughly the same, although it only had one localization... another on the way although it was the LEAST popular of the series and 4Kids is dubbing it.

Honestly, I feel Naruto and InuYasha ought to end. The latter's continued on with next to nothing really accomplished, and the former feels like its lost its spark.

Now One Piece... that's a series I love with all my heart. Same with Saint Seiya and all the various side-stories, and JoJo's Bizarre Adventure.

--------------------

Hey, look! My sig's back!
Asher Omega
post Jun 25 2008, 4:34 AM
Post #10

Butterflix Fairy

Inuyasha's anime has ended. the manga how ever has finally announced its ending! on the order of Naruto, the anime is now going into its "Second" Season, which is basically the "after x years" in the manga with the subtitle of "Shipuden" tacked on.

on to my contribution, I think "reality" tv needs to be shot down. last time I checked people don't compete in games in every day life. I prefer shows like Survivor Man (educational and just fun to watch) and Deadliest Catch. thats reality.

--------------------

OMG I's got a color AVY, first one I ever had on this Forum! And now a new sig! blargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblarg
blargblargblargblarg.
terriordx32
post Jun 25 2008, 4:49 AM
Post #11

Cosmix Fairy

*JAW DROPSS*
i love reality tv....flavor of love, the real world, the girls next door, etc, etc,etc i love them
i hope they never go away
...although i could go with out the show survivor

--------------------

Thanks Cami!!!
P-girl
post Jun 25 2008, 7:48 AM
Post #12

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Honor Members

Reality games..... made me wish people had common sense. Like someone is quoted on Wikipedia: 'In the real world, people do not live in luxurious dwellings for free, are not "given" jobs in the media without any effort, and are not taken to exotic locations for free.'

Oh yeah, and Survivorman rocks, I love Les Stroud!
Zhanneel
post Jun 25 2008, 1:58 PM
Post #13

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Also not a fan of "reality" tv, since most of it has nothing to do with the real world. Most of the time the "contestants" are goaded to act a certain way for ratings. Survivor Man and Man Vs. Nature are entertaining (when they also aren't faking it, like they did for I believe a few episodes a while back?)

I had watched Inuyasha for a few years, but after it wouldn't die I gave up on it, that and the back and forth ridiculousness between the main character and Kagome. However, I did find a lot of good songs to download as I loved almost all of the ending credit songs. Maybe after it's made, I'll find the last managa, read the last page, and be done with it =P.

And back to Pokemon for a second: it is silly that Ash continually dumps his old pokemon off in some babysitter's care, but always keeps his token Pikachu with him. Doesn't that mean Pikachu is like Level 1000 by now? And yet...he is still a perfect match in level for all new pokemon Ash comes across in later seasons. *sigh*
mightymarty2
post Jun 25 2008, 4:10 PM
Post #14

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Naruto I am trying to catch up with but I have read all the manga and thats ok, though I hate naruto especially in the anime he is so annoying.

Now I think that bleach should not end but I think the filler should be removed and put in a better location as I don't have a clue what powers chad has amd do not get when it is based

--------------------
MorriganAensland
post Jun 25 2008, 7:32 PM
Post #15

Cosmix Fairy

Well, the big problem with Bleach is that right in the middle of the Hueco Mundo arc, they've started a whole goddamn NEW arc, taking place 100 years before the start of the series and focusing on Aizen.

And it's going to be 108 chapters long, judging by the fact that the chapter's number was "-108."

That means even if we get one chapter a week, it will still take more than two whole years to get back RIGHT WHERE WE STARTED!

And reality TV shows are crap. They rely on shock value and controversies to be popular, probably rig half the things that happen, and never want someone with actual depth.

--------------------

Hey, look! My sig's back!
mightymarty2
post Jun 26 2008, 1:24 PM
Post #16

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

no the manga arc is finished now it went to -97 (don't ask), I was talking about the anime, I found out the answer to the chad question this morning, but I still don't get when it is set, as I could see a few captins and lutenants dieing judging by the trouble kenpatchi has with arancar number 4 and he is meant to the the second strongest behind captain comander. Also they brought in a new captain and 3rd seat, made a big deal of the 3rd seat trying to kill a new guy being absorbed by a hollow, though he was stopped then left that for 4/5 episodes and counting

--------------------
SolarfireWinx
post Jul 20 2008, 6:23 AM
Post #17

Sirenix Fairy

QUOTE (Zhanneel @ Jun 25 2008, 01:58 PM) *
Also not a fan of "reality" tv, since most of it has nothing to do with the real world. Most of the time the "contestants" are goaded to act a certain way for ratings. Survivor Man and Man Vs. Nature are entertaining (when they also aren't faking it, like they did for I believe a few episodes a while back?)

And back to Pokemon for a second: it is silly that Ash continually dumps his old pokemon off in some babysitter's care, but always keeps his token Pikachu with him. Doesn't that mean Pikachu is like Level 1000 by now? And yet...he is still a perfect match in level for all new pokemon Ash comes across in later seasons. *sigh*

Psshh, Reality TV makes babies cry. I hate the mindless, plotless stupidity that is reality television. I had a whole rant on it, actually.

Anyway, Pokemon's never been as good since Misty/Kasumi left. It got waay worse when May/Haruka entered the scene ((like we need another clueless trainer.)) and then it finally hit the bottom when they switched voice actors on us because Nintendo bought back the anime rights in the US. Therefore we lost awesome VAs like Veronica Taylor, who coincidentally was Disapro in the English, Rachel Lillis and Eric Stuart. The new voices are downright painful to listen to.

--------------------

Uber goregeous sig by Fullmoon & kudos to dragonFire for the amazing userbar!!
~*The Magic's In You.*~
LinneaKou
post Jul 20 2008, 9:56 PM
Post #18

Harmonix Fairy

Another show that needs to never be worked on again is that "A Shot at Love" thing on MTV. Yes. A reality-type show. In fact, ALL dating shows need to die. I am of the belief that a reality TV show is no way to find "true love" or any type of love for that matter. So that means that ASAL, "Next", "Parental Control" and all of those others need to find a deep, DEEEEEP garbage can and throw themselves in.

Also on my list for stupid and pointless shows that rot people's brains and need to be thrown out are "My Super Sweet Sixteen" (*coughcough* Sharpay Evans much??) and "Pimp My Ride" (the rides are trashed once they stop filming, PUL-LEEZ!). Reality TV shows aren't reality at all.

Now, TruTV: that's not reality, that's ACTUALITY. Yes, that's their slogan. Oh, and A&E is good, too. All of their crime shows are real. So don't throw those out!!

Pokemon... T^T I am ashamed to say that when I was a little kid, I bought into that whole franchise...
...WAITAMINUTE that show has been going on since I was a KID?? END IT ALREADY!

Same to Yu-Gi-Oh! Morrigan points out that they have started a series of dueling on motorbikes.

'Nuff said.

However, I still enjoy Inu-Yasha, so I'm glad it's ending. It was a good show while we weren't dealing with Naraku.

--------------------
Lii is on deviantART and Livejournal...

...still doesn't have a life
:P

~BORING SIGNATURE IS BORING~
Zhanneel
post Jul 21 2008, 3:51 AM
Post #19

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Pokemon: Oh geez, the voice acting. Specifically: the new voice actor for Ash. It sounds like he's gotten younger and girlier xP. Maybe for once the directors could change something in the show to change things up, you know, like people who actually grow and change? Ash should be in his late teens by now but noooooo, let's keep him an eternal youthful because that's realistic.

"My Super Sweet Sixteen": what a terrible show. And the more people who watch it and idolize it, the more terrible people/teens we have. MTV/VH1 seem to have nothing but mind-rotting, brainwashing, de-moralizing shows. I just can't stand the slop that is aimed at teens anymore.
Abby
post Jul 21 2008, 10:58 PM
Post #20

Cosmix Fairy

I hate most of the mtv shows (except a few like Legally Blond search for the next Elle Woods) like Laguna Beach and the Hills. It is just so fake, and I hate it when people are obsessed with that show, "Oh lauren is so cool!" uggg

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Add Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 10:37 AM