Total Votes: 12
Guests cannot vote 
II Janan II
post Feb 16 2010, 4:29 AM
Post #1

A True Fairy

Group: Members
From: Always Somewhere Fluffy, Cozy, and With LOTS of Chocolate ^_^

Weeeeeeee!! I've finished you, my lovely ^_^ Even though I've been rather busy, and then busy with various projects, both writing and drawing, etc, I put it aside long enough to give poor, dear, sweet and grotesquely neglected Lucy, here, some attention again. ^_^

Didja know that there's literally only THREE pieces of fanart for Lucy over on deviantART, not counting this one, which joyfully makes it four??

Yep. Very sad. =/

Soooooooo, seeing as I HAVE been drawing oodles of new Mirta art over the years, and she IS her best friend, AND me and winxclubrox23 had been talking lately about Lucy and her neglect while over on dA, I decided to throw my hat into the ring, and draw new styles for her. ^_^

And now, this shall make it piece numbah two, concerning Lucy that I've drawn of her (although the first doesn't really really count, since she's dressed in Princess Pluto's gown, but still LoL). ^__________^

I'm obviously happy, but mainly cuz it actually came out better than I'd expected; and considering I haven't been sleeping for no more than two to three hours this past week due to mild sleeping troubles, that's saying something. icon_razz.gif

So, yeah! Since I drew Mirta in new pieces of attire for season 3 and up (Ya know, if they'd have ever featured the girl for more than they had in season 3, AND showed her wearing different attire like the Winx chicks, that is ~_~), I thought I'd do the same for Lucy.

After all, she, too, IS a young woman now, like the rest, and PRESUMABLY has finally changed HER outfits, too during that time. icon_razz.gif

But, yeah! The usual rundown LoL:

Hair: Same as what it's always been within the series, although I did make it just a teeny tiny tick longer, barely noticeable, and with more "bounce" and actual sheen, for a change, than what's depicted in the series, etc. I swear, just cuz she's a witch, they made her look "ugly cute," by comparison to the Winx girls, etc. And because she is/was the mopey, "woe is me" girl, blah blah. Whatever. I still think she's pretty in her own right, anyway. ~_~'

Also, for that reason (and because again, she IS older by now, and thus nature took its course), I'd also given her very slight curves, and a minutely more healthy looking physique.

I mean, she's STILL pretty flippin' anorexic, just like the rest of the girls on the show, sure, LoL, but have you SEEN that girl?? She was THE skinniest of them all, bar none, even more so than a waif. It was quite sickly to look at her, really. o_O LoL

And so, even though I DRASTICALLY "skinnied" down her legs and even her arms just a teeny bit to better fit HER established/original physique (since her legs, too, are/were EXTREMELY bony/paper thin, as well ~_~), I, like I said, gave her very faint curves, and even gave her "twins" (a.k.a. breasts ^_^ ) a tiny bit of "lift," if you know what I mean, since again, sometimes the series would depict her with pretty poor posture and thus..."saggy front area," if you'll excuse me. o_O' LoL

Not anymore, sister! Let's see those guys try to ignore/overlook you, NOW (which they probably did, sadly), with this slightly new look! heart.gif

Top: Just kept with the whole kinda goth/punk type of look she sort of has/had in the series, honestly, with "help" from one of my old girlfriends, who's got a shirt kinda like this. I was sitting, trying to think of something flattering and mildly fetching, yet nothing too over the top since Lucy was/is always pretty reserved, even WITH her having always tried to be noticed by everyone/mainly the Trix Sisters, etc. And so there it is. LoL

Her overall color scheme is really just bits and pieces taken here and there from her original outfit, although since I'd liked that slightly blood red color I'd used for her gown in that Princess Pluto drawing of her, I used it again for her top. It suits her well, I think. ^_^ Couldn't think of what to put on the actual shirt, so I just draw that pin thingie she wears/wore in the series, which the scanner sadly "ate" and merged with the top's color hue, even though they are, in fact, different colors. Ah, well! LoL

Bottom: Also inspired by the whole apparent goth/punk sort of fusion established for her in the series. Since she wore/wears a skirt in season 1...2, and Hell, 3, LoL, I thought I'd give her pants for a change. icon_razz.gif

Choker: Again, same reason/inspiration as the rest of her ensemble, etc. She didn't/doesn't wear a necklace, not really, in her original outfit, and it did honestly look plain w/out one, this drawing, so I gave her one, dark violet in color. I like it. LoL

Shoes: Once more inspired as the rest of her ensemble, also dark violet in color, with cute little black ribbons and black frilly lace ruffles on the side, etc. These I saw in passing, and thought, "Aww, now they're adorable, even though I don't much care for platform/wedge type of shoes," and certainly don't need them since I'm tall enough as it is. LoL ^_^'

But they flatter her a LOT better/more than those clunky boots she wore/wears in the series, for sure. o_O' LoL

Annnnnnnnnd, there ya have it! Finally more, proper attention for poor lil' Lucy! This was fun; maybe I'll do more LoL

This post has been edited by II Janan II: Feb 16 2010, 6:22 AM

--------------------

CLICK ON ARIEL'S SLEEPING FACE TO SEE MY ART WORK

-------------------------------------------------------------

CLICK ON WILL AND CORNELIA TO READ MY MULTIPLE FANFICTION

Thanks for this one, again, you guys! <3

"Control your destiny, or somebody else will." -- Jack Welch
Go to the top of the page
humbu111
post Feb 16 2010, 4:46 AM
Post #2

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Former Staff

There needs to be an "I dont care much for Lucy but I still looove your drawing" option in the poll ^^

--------------------

Credits to Bre for the forum set, and Ditty/Esca for the userbar :D

II Janan II
post Feb 16 2010, 6:23 AM
Post #3

A True Fairy

QUOTE (humbu111 @ Feb 15 2010, 11:46 PM) *
There needs to be an "I dont care much for Lucy but I still looove your drawing" option in the poll ^^

LoL Done, and done, hon tongue.gif Take it, that means you fancy it, then ^_^

--------------------

{§hani}
post Feb 16 2010, 7:34 AM
Post #4

Cosmix Fairy

oh wow she's super goth i love it icon_biggrin.gif she looks pretty too! nice ellie!

--------------------

I AM A HORROR. LOVELY SET BY EMI. MUSA DRAWN BY ALAMISTERRA.
II Janan II
post Feb 16 2010, 8:40 AM
Post #5

A True Fairy

QUOTE ({§hani™} @ Feb 16 2010, 02:34 AM) *
oh wow she's super goth i love it icon_biggrin.gif she looks pretty too! nice ellie!

HeHe Aww, thankies, sweetie pieple (yes, I said "pieple;" I'm weird like that tongue.gif )!! That means a lot! I'd kinda like to do more art for her, but I dunno what of yet. Hmm.... blush.gif

--------------------

P-girl
post Feb 16 2010, 10:32 AM
Post #6

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Honor Members

I m on the 'Lucy needs more lovin'!' part of the scale. She's the only girl that's meant to be.... not-so-pretty (I'm not saying ugly, because she has a certain cuteness going on if you ask me) and is the ultimate example of what peer pressure can do to an otherwise nice person.
II Janan II
post Feb 17 2010, 1:13 AM
Post #7

A True Fairy

QUOTE (P-girl @ Feb 16 2010, 05:32 AM) *
I m on the 'Lucy needs more lovin'!' part of the scale. She's the only girl that's meant to be.... not-so-pretty (I'm not saying ugly, because she has a certain cuteness going on if you ask me) and is the ultimate example of what peer pressure can do to an otherwise nice person.

Yeah, that's how I've always felt about her, and instantly liked her the moment I "met" her, anyhow. I usually go for the underdogs or the "meant to be a filler character." Which is why it usually backfires for creators of series when they make those kinds of charries and they're meant to be gone in just a few more episodes or what have you, but the audience fancies them sometimes more than the main charries. icon_confused.gif

--------------------

winxclubrox23
post Feb 21 2010, 5:34 AM
Post #8

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Journalists

YUSH! LUUUUUUUCY! RAAAAAH!

I loves it!

--------------------

Thanks to Ditty for the userbar! Llamas by CookiemagiK on DA
II Janan II
post Feb 21 2010, 6:45 AM
Post #9

A True Fairy

QUOTE (winxclubrox23 @ Feb 21 2010, 12:34 AM) *
YUSH! LUUUUUUUCY! RAAAAAH!

I loves it!

LoL Weee, I know, you told me, but it's fun to hear again! tongue.gif

--------------------

Add Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 5:44 AM