2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Add Reply
> Question, ...
Yayoi
post Nov 8 2012, 11:53 PM
Post #1

Mythix Fairy

Group: Members

Why don't we have 2012 Magix Club Awards when we have had 2011 and other years?

--------------------

Credit goes to Di Zio for this awesome signature!
"Happiness is letting go of what you think life is supposed to look like and celebrating it for everything that it is."
Go to the top of the page
humbu111
post Nov 9 2012, 2:48 AM
Post #2

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Former Staff

Well when the awards used to take place, MC looked very different than it does today =/ There were always many RPs that were extremely active, several artists and writers who would regularly post updates of their newest work, numerous active graphic request shops, pixel doll request shops, people helping others in terms of graphic making and drawing and such, blogs, forum-wide contests/activities, and just so much more activity than there is these days =/ It was also much more personal in that most of us knew each other very well, talked lots outside of MC (msn, facebook, chatango, etc), and just had very strong relations with each other and knew each others' personalities more than well enough to nominate each other. Personally, other than the handful of people who have been here for atleast 2-3 years, I don't even know most of the current active members' gender or age or anything, let alone their personalities =/.

I know I sound wistful, but the vast majority of awards would be irrelevant given the current activity levels. The activity has definitely been up in recent months with the new season, but it's still only a small fraction of what it used to be. In 2011, (in my opinion), the awards only barely worked because the drop in activity was relatively recent and so the awards were mostly based on things of the past.

But yeah, that's my view on it. Sorry for the long post, as sappy as it sounds I get really nostalgic when I think of the old MC =P.

--------------------

Credits to Bre for the forum set, and Ditty/Esca for the userbar :D

Yayoi
post Nov 9 2012, 5:27 AM
Post #3

Mythix Fairy

Oh, I see what you mean. Anyways, thank you for your help.

--------------------

"Happiness is letting go of what you think life is supposed to look like and celebrating it for everything that it is."
humbu111
post Nov 9 2012, 10:44 PM
Post #4

Cosmix Fairy

No problem lol, and again sorry for rambling =P.

--------------------

Zhanneel
post Nov 10 2012, 3:44 PM
Post #5

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Group: Admins

Aww... yeah, I'd have to agree 100% with Humbu. I like to call it "life taking over". I really love this forum and have met so many awesome people on MagixClub. I would still recommend anyone who likes Winx to come visit it of course even to this day. : ) I'd say the activity of the forum has decreased sizably in the past few years from the hub of energy it used to be, and when Straffi releases a new season some energy does return to the forum. So that is good. But what happens with all people is that the momentum of a series has its peaks and plummets, and then real life takes over (school, work, relationships, new responsibilities, etc), and it has become harder and harder for the past energetic veterans to make time for a forum anymore. Not that some of us aren't trying of course.

I still find this site to be a nostalgic home on the internet, probably my favorite of places on the internet. No where else have I see a forum family so involved and caring. I have awesome memories of this place. Something else happened on this forum that still affects my life to this day, and one day hopefully soon in the future I can share that with the MagixClub family. I think all the veterans would get a big kick out of it. Hopefully a fun shock too. I have a personal connection to this website and something of which to be very thankful for. It's funny what fate has in store for us, and how it can use a website to move my life in ways I never thought were possible. So thanks MagixClub for being a great family and my personal thanks for events that it helped shape in my life.

My hope is that people still find this website a boon to anything Winx Club related. That even though the franchise has changed (like 5 times) and the attitude of the show is not what the veterans remember, kids and big kids alike still enjoy having fun conversations involving a shared fantasy series. I haven't been willing to give up on this site nor the series for the past several years, and I'll keep trying despite having a full schedule, job, and life. I hope MagixClub reigns for quite a long time and continues to inspire all visitors and members.
humbu111
post Nov 10 2012, 10:18 PM
Post #6

Cosmix Fairy

=O Zhan you've got me curious lol. Hope to hear from you soon =P

--------------------

mightymarty2
post Nov 11 2012, 9:21 AM
Post #7

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

I am also curious about this as well

--------------------
*stella* created this wonderful avatar and SpiderBraids for the rescue and Angel Darkstorm this wonderful signature
dittadulla
post Nov 11 2012, 7:08 PM
Post #8

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Journalists

my life wouldnt be the same w/o the forum i miss everything

--------------------
Fortress Guy
post Nov 12 2012, 2:09 AM
Post #9

Harmonix Fairy

This forum has definitely left an impression on me up in the Fortress. I am not surprised it has served various good purposes for different people. You just never know where something might lead. Sounds like an interesting story Zhanneel.

I remember the Magix Club of 2009 fondly. We had a lot of great realtime interaction that spring as the shoutbox had just gone up. We also had our first shoutbox ball that year orchestrated by Zhanneel, myself and Falicia. I did enjoy the art postings.

Yes, more energy builds as Straffi releases new stuff. And if the new stuff was appealing as the old stuff, there might be more interaction yet. --At least appealing to the many Winx Veterans of the first three seasons era.

PS - I will be watching the new season soon. I was waiting for the first half of the season break. I wonder how the Fortress will weigh in.

--------------------

Fortress Guy's fortress of solitude.

Jem Huntik Korra season 1 Winx SE4 part II
Zhanneel
post Nov 12 2012, 2:10 AM
Post #10

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

I'd definitely like to share soon. Hopefully I can. =)

And yeah Dittycat, I agree. This forum has been a great boon in my life in lots of ways. Of course that's in total thanks to all the people I have met (and might still meet) here.
Zhanneel
post Nov 12 2012, 2:21 AM
Post #11

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Hi again Fortress Guy, glad to see you still comb MC too. Just can't help being nostalgic. Makes me sad and happy, oh what a conundrum! Heh. The year of 2009 was indeed the year for all great things, at least the year in which that "event" culminated in my life. Oh, I can't wait to share that one! Soon...hee.

I liked all of the awards, RPGs, the big Shoutbox Ball, even the shoutbox itself. It was a huge success. The interaction of Winx peeps was awesome. Nice job on directing the ball Fort, I had some really good memories back when.

I too hope Straffi keeps the Winx universe going, but I continue to miss the first season's attitude and flow. I know the first few seasons were the ones we all love best (yep, even the 4Kids version, man how I miss that voice acting compared to Nickelodeon's). I can only hope Straffi has a change of heart back to the basics that make up a good fantasy series.
mightymarty2
post Nov 12 2012, 8:32 AM
Post #12

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

So many great memories and friends but life outside of this forum and a poor season 4 in most peoples opinion, seems to have removed a lot from this forum. It is so sad, I guess we all just have to keep these friendships going on other websites and e-mail.

--------------------
*stella* created this wonderful avatar and SpiderBraids for the rescue and Angel Darkstorm this wonderful signature
Abby
post Nov 12 2012, 6:46 PM
Post #13

Cosmix Fairy

We just need to advertise and find new people who want to post and are interested!
Yayoi
post Nov 13 2012, 5:24 AM
Post #14

Mythix Fairy

I think the posts queuing is annoying I know.it was for me and I had to always wait.

--------------------

humbu111
post Nov 13 2012, 6:44 AM
Post #15

Cosmix Fairy

We had our fair share of spammers in the past, including some very inappropriate content, which is what lead to the queuing I think. But you're right it must be really annoying and we haven't had any spam issues in a while, I'll look into it to see if something can be done.

--------------------

Yayoi
post Nov 13 2012, 7:29 AM
Post #16

Mythix Fairy

Oh so that's the reason why. I didnt know so that's interesting.

--------------------

Di Zio
post Nov 13 2012, 6:21 PM
Post #17

Charmix Fairy

QUOTE (Abby @ Nov 12 2012, 07:46 PM) *
We just need to advertise and find new people who want to post and are interested!

the forum should have affiliates or something but to set things up like that a forum needs its administrator unsure.gif

--------------------
Nebbia
post Nov 29 2012, 3:16 PM
Post #18

Charmix Fairy

well we tried to revive the site, we even had a committee the problem is that most people just dont have time / interest to post regularly. i know i dont anymore. when i first joined i was maybe 15/16? i'm not almost 19 and i dont have time to breath let alone the internet. Plus when MC first went up Wixn sites where everywhere, theyre were literally hundreds that where regularly being updated, now there are give or take 30? and active maybe 5. its sad really.
Di Zio
post Nov 29 2012, 11:23 PM
Post #19

Charmix Fairy

QUOTE (Nebbia @ Nov 29 2012, 04:16 PM) *
well we tried to revive the site, we even had a committee the problem is that most people just dont have time / interest to post regularly. i know i dont anymore. when i first joined i was maybe 15/16? i'm not almost 19 and i dont have time to breath let alone the internet. Plus when MC first went up Wixn sites where everywhere, theyre were literally hundreds that where regularly being updated, now there are give or take 30? and active maybe 5. its sad really.

yeah unfortunately things come and go(although there are exceptions, pokemon will rule the world forever thumbsup.gif )
and the good and popular times of winxclub have passed im afraid so

luckily its still has some fans left old but also new ones!

the fact you think its because people cannot be bothered to post anymore aint entirely true
because on that believe in winx forum people can certainly be bothered haha, daily a lot of posts
though that is the RP section there most of the time i suppose
but still, the other sections are active as well

id say let this forum affiliate with websites and other forums but i guess thats never going to happen

did any of you ever though to rebuild this forum somewhere else? so it does have active administrators around etc?
i think winxclub sure deserves an active fan forum, one that aint messy (like believe in winx lol)

--------------------
Nebbia
post Nov 30 2012, 4:31 AM
Post #20

Charmix Fairy

Well Believe In Winx puts a lot of advertisement into their forum, facebook, tumblr and YouTube. MC is just a forum we don't have active admins nor do they post regular videos or news. I was thinking of bringing MB(midnight blossoms) back its been years but Shin and I now have more time. But I don't know yet we'd need active staff which can sometimes be hard to find plus I travel a lot so Im away for weeks on end. We should start something new though I'm pretty good with HTML and CSS I code often for DW

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Add Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 9:32 AM