Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

24 Pages V  « < 20 21 22 23 24 >  
Add Reply
> Season 4 Subtitles, Help IS appreciated!
Rating 5 V
wkw427
post Feb 21 2010, 7:53 PM
Post #421

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Members

I edit the text three times; first time I go over the script, second time I watch the episode and edit the script, and third time is when I insert the subs. It takes me about
2-3 hrs to do all three of them, but I don't do it all at once.

And it takes about three hours to encode all four video files (3 parts for YT, 1 part for downloads)

I bet subtitle programs are faster, but I like how I do it because I can put my watermark on it

--------------------
A.K.A. BANJOGATE

Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

I give my sincerest apologies if anything that I have mentioned in a post or image by me or relating to me, any word, ASCII character, vowel or constant is to be considered offensive in your native tongue. If it is, remember you're on the internet.
Go to the top of the page
BelievixFlora94
post Feb 22 2010, 1:54 AM
Post #422

Charmix Fairy

I only edit the text 1 time, do 3 jobs at time. It's take me about 1 hour.
If I encode 4 video like you, it's take me about 2 hours with normal computer and 1 hour with modern computer.
And I can put watermark too.
But everybody are different so you like your how icon_wink.gif
hawkeye777
post Feb 22 2010, 9:35 AM
Post #423

Earth Girl

Group: New Members

I think its awesome that you want to put your mark on your work!

I respect you for that! Allot of the time you get Anime thief's Who proclaim their doing

good service by releasing to the masses but charge that hidden charge in their website, like

operating costs and membership fees? Where does the money go for the hard working translators?

They don't see a cent because they do it out of their heart to release it to the fans! I am thankful for

your hard work and determination. The only problem is the distributors they crush and destroy fan bases

based on profit just think how much a poorly written poorly edited version of Winx made by 4Kids TV or

any other in America gets screwed up! On the other hand they are bring it to the masses and I'm thankful

but they take their sweet time to milk it and distribute it! Any foreign cartoon in America is overpriced and

poorly edited; the fans can do a better job then the professionals??? Their excuse is the fans have ruined it and

are not going to buy the products legally so why bother releasing it in the market! That's wrong people will

still support the creators financially even if they have to get it in the original language!

--------------------
wkw427
post Feb 22 2010, 12:45 PM
Post #424

Cosmix Fairy

Thanks.. I guess

QUOTE (BelievixFlora94 @ Feb 21 2010, 08:54 PM) *
I only edit the text 1 time, do 3 jobs at time. It's take me about 1 hour.
If I encode 4 video like you, it's take me about 2 hours with normal computer and 1 hour with modern computer.
And I can put watermark too.
But everybody are different so you like your how icon_wink.gif

I do all my work on sony vegas; that is why it takes a long time to re-encode. As a general rule of thumb, the more times you encode a video, the lower the quality is.

In the first half of the season, the episodes were encoded three times; one time by bub to cut out the video before and after the episode, another when she put subtitles in it, and a third time by me to cut it into three parts for youtube.

Now, the video is only done one time icon_razz.gif

--------------------
A.K.A. BANJOGATE

I give my sincerest apologies if anything that I have mentioned in a post or image by me or relating to me, any word, ASCII character, vowel or constant is to be considered offensive in your native tongue. If it is, remember you're on the internet.
BelievixFlora94
post Feb 24 2010, 4:57 PM
Post #425

Charmix Fairy

I always encode 1 time so the quality is really good icon_biggrin.gif

Ah, I forgot. All members of Winx Club Vietnam FC say thanks to you for your sub. With your sub, we can Vietsub for Winx Club season 4. It's really great because we have never watched it with our languages icon_biggrin.gif
And don't worry, we added a text for all video: "English subtitles: magixclub.com" icon_wink.gif

This post has been edited by BelievixFlora94: Feb 24 2010, 4:58 PM
wkw427
post Feb 24 2010, 10:22 PM
Post #426

Cosmix Fairy

Alright, what site is it?

And I'd prefer you put my YT, youtube.com/banjogate

--------------------
A.K.A. BANJOGATE

BelievixFlora94
post Feb 25 2010, 4:00 AM
Post #427

Charmix Fairy

Ok. In the next episode, I'll put "English subtitles: youtube.com/banjogate" icon_biggrin.gif
We don't have our own site, we appear in many forums and the site we post Winx Club Vietsub is itfriend.org
But it's in Vietnamese icon_biggrin.gif
BelievixFlora94
post Feb 25 2010, 4:08 AM
Post #428

Charmix Fairy

This is the link of the topic: http://www.itfriend.org/forums/series-itfr...season-4-a.html
wkw427
post Feb 25 2010, 1:14 PM
Post #429

Cosmix Fairy

Alright.

And anyone wondering the Status of 18:

Zydron got 3/4 of the translated script corrupted. So blame him. :\

--------------------
A.K.A. BANJOGATE

BelievixFlora94
post Feb 25 2010, 3:33 PM
Post #430

Charmix Fairy

Keep waiting for episode 18 icon_wink.gif
mikepd87
post Feb 27 2010, 10:48 AM
Post #431

Earth Girl

Group: New Members

hi are there any more episodes subbed yet?
rano0oma
post Feb 27 2010, 11:09 AM
Post #432

Butterflix Fairy

there are in total 17 episodes subbed

--------------------
wkw427
post Feb 27 2010, 3:49 PM
Post #433

Cosmix Fairy

Nope, latest news is here, not on YT anymore, because people don't listen there icon_razz.gif

--------------------
A.K.A. BANJOGATE

Kel03
post Feb 27 2010, 6:00 PM
Post #434

Enchantix Fairy

Hi All

I've just signed up to let everyone know that for all of us winx club fans in Aussie tune onto Boomerang on Foxtel at 4:05pm (it maybe Eastern Australian Time, so check the guide on Tv) on Monday 1st March cause season 4 will be airing, we get the 4kids version down under, and I sooo can't wait.

Although this thread is suppose to be about the season 4 subtitles, I hope it's ok posting this info since it is about season 4.

And great work on the subbing Wkw427, i did learn italian a while back and know how hard it is to do (don't ask me to translate cause I've forgotten most of it lol)
wkw427
post Feb 27 2010, 10:11 PM
Post #435

Cosmix Fairy

Do you think you could record it? There has been BO word about 4kids getting the license, an it is English down there, so it might be rai-eng.

--------------------
A.K.A. BANJOGATE

Kel03
post Feb 28 2010, 3:23 AM
Post #436

Enchantix Fairy

If I can find it on normal tv and not foxtel before Monday I'll try, but my recorder isn't hooked up to the tv which we have foxtel on. It did use to air on channel 10 through Toasted TV (in western australia) but I'm unsure if season three even got aired on normal tv as I watched it through Foxtel when we eventually got season three down under. If I can record it and transfer it into a computer file and be able to share it then I will gladly let you know, the only other thing I can think of is to video record it through my video camera and i don't know if the quality would any good at this stage as I have never tried it. If anyone can come up with a solution then I am all ears lol.

I had heard about 4kids not having the license (or something like that) for winx club and the dvd's of the first two seasons have be rereleased with different covers but I haven't checked out who actually rereleased it yet, so I suppose I'll find out Monday arvo which version we will be getting as Rai English was never released down here, and the dvd's I've managed to buy ages ago are all 4kids version.
wkw427
post Feb 28 2010, 3:54 PM
Post #437

Cosmix Fairy

But if it is on Boomerang, shouldn't you record from there? :\

--------------------
A.K.A. BANJOGATE

Kel03
post Feb 28 2010, 4:17 PM
Post #438

Enchantix Fairy

Boomerang is the name of the channel it's on, on Foxtel, it's a pay tv channel, and since we don't have a video or even dvd recorder attached to the main tv (which we have Foxtel hooked up on) and since it isn't my tv I can't ask to hook one up either, but I can record it through IQ which allows recording and pausing of Foxtel channels, and I don't know yet whether I can record onto dvd or video something which has been recorded on IQ (if you get what I mean lol), I had tried ages and ages ago with a dvd recorder on my tv but it didn't work (I have since moved house so haven't hooked up Foxtel in my room), so thats where the prob is. If I could work out how to record and share it I would, but I don't know how understanding the rest of the household would be if I was to up root the Tv system just to tape one show, and there is no way I could get Foxtel before tomorrow either. If I had of known alot earlier I could have organised something before and already be set up to do it.
dominoprincess
post Feb 28 2010, 5:30 PM
Post #439

Believix Fairy

I understand there must be a lot of pressure on you to get this on video Kel! Even if you could just record it with your video camera, I know a lot of people would be greatful. I hope you enjoy the episode!

--------------------
[
Kel03
post Feb 28 2010, 7:37 PM
Post #440

Enchantix Fairy

Well I wont be able to video record it till Tuesday and then I can do both episode one and two of season 4 that day and hopefully learn how to upload. I have also got my video player organised to tape the free to air channel that use to show Winx Club, they may start showing it again, because it's a cartoon hosting show sort of thing they don't actually state the cartoons they play and when their schedule changes either, and their website isn't updated that often either but I don't think I'll have much luck with that though, as they never aired season 3, (only the first two seasons were shown on free to air tv, the third was on Foxtel, our pay tv provider in australia).

Hopefully the video recording will turn out ok lol, amd i will let everyone know if it turns out and if I upload it

24 Pages V  « < 20 21 22 23 24 >
Add Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 15th May 2024 - 1:04 AM