> Les Misérables
dittadulla
post Apr 13 2013, 12:11 AM
Post #1

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Journalists

Please tell me you've seen this movie and please tell me you loved it
it's taken over my life and im getting a little desperate here
other people don't seem to love it as much as i do i mean i could die for this movie

did you at least LIKE it???????????

--------------------
Go to the top of the page
W.I.N.X
post Apr 14 2013, 11:30 AM
Post #2

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Honor Members

I could talk about Les Mis forever ok I loved it since I was like eleven and I found out about it originally and the movie was perfect.

Except for Russell Crowe

This post has been edited by W.I.N.X: Apr 14 2013, 11:30 AM

--------------------

Badge by Morny.
Personal Photo made by sailorvs4
dittadulla
post Apr 15 2013, 7:59 PM
Post #3

Cosmix Fairy

hey russell crowe was good in the movie why doesnt anyone agree with me

yeah ok even though i didnt get into les mis until at this point in history i am so into it right now i am into it neck-deep i have to restrain myself every moment of everyday from asking whoever is near me if they've seen les miserables because i think about it 24/7 there is no escaping it

i love enjolras the most i think enjolras is the best (aaron tveit is the best)

i am not even exclusively into the movie ive been digging around for more about the musical and book etc and i plan on digging into the book except my ereader broke (they should make eareaders that are STRONG)

my enthusiasm for french class has improved at least 10% (cant be enthusiastic about french class its a dull class)

--------------------
W.I.N.X
post Apr 21 2013, 1:44 PM
Post #4

Cosmix Fairy

Ditty I do not like Russell bc I have been spoiled with the lovely Phillip Quast and Norm Lewis (I've even met Norm he's so nice ahh) you soon will too I prOMISE

I love everything about Aaron Tveit he's a beautiful man sorry not sorry and when he was cast as Enjy I was like A+ helps my boyshipping with Grantaire

The book is a beautiful doorstop seriously I couldn't hold it up when I first read it with my tiny 13-year-old arms sighs at my life

--------------------

Badge by Morny.
dittadulla
post Apr 21 2013, 10:56 PM
Post #5

Cosmix Fairy

I dont have celebrity crushes but i have a huge crush on Aaron Tveit and its borderlining on unhealthy addiction. i want to stop but i cant stop

Everyone getting into les mis SO EARLY and im like way behind on the bandwagon goodbye. i remember annie was reading it too when we were like 12-13 and i was like HA nerd lame 1500 pages of a dull thing its a good thing im this COOL (im not actually cool, les mis is cooler than me)

ive downloaded the soundtrack in french its just a big intense downwards spiral for me from now on. cant be saved. i refrain myself from talking about it with most of my friends but the ones who actually hear about it (annie and my other friend) (sounds like i have 2 friends) just kind of sigh in defeat (annie doesnt she likes it). yeah like especially my other friend hes just kind of accepted my insanity it's a great plus that i dont have to face him in real life. i think that it tipped him over the edge when i told him about how i've memorized one song in french, he got kind of speechless. there go my last efforts to woo him i guess.

kate i love you a lot i feel like we're connecting on a spiritual level here

--------------------
W.I.N.X
post Apr 22 2013, 8:53 AM
Post #6

Cosmix Fairy

I love Aaron on a frightening level idk man I discovered him in Next To Normal then he was cast in the Les Mis movie and I just want to hug him seriously i love him as much as I love band members ie a kinda scary amount not even sorry

I bow down to Les Mis Ditty I am v. v. pleased that you've seen the light

That sounds like me ditty I have the French concept album/original one whatrever (which is super weird they didn't bother with the prologue bc all the French people knew the story so when they brought it to England they had to readd the prologue sigh) and the French recording and all the Japanese recordings of the show and all the English ones and the film soundtrack and i just

Yes yes you are now my spirit animal no arguements just go with it

--------------------

Badge by Morny.
dittadulla
post Apr 22 2013, 7:21 PM
Post #7

Cosmix Fairy

yes aaron tveit is terrifyingly lovable

aw man i just have like a 1991 french recording and the movie soundtrack, i was planning on getting another english one because the movie cuts a lot of songs short and/or removes them but i couldn't decide which one so that's it. that's how i deal with big decisions. i run away from them.

ive found my place in les miserables kate its amazing

--------------------
W.I.N.X
post Apr 23 2013, 6:00 AM
Post #8

Cosmix Fairy

Yes yes the decision about Les Mis English recordings are difficult because you now have five major English recordings not counting the movie sighs.

I have them all Ditty what is my life what is it I ask

Its especially hard since I like different people from each recording it's like I want Colm from Tenth, Frances from London, Rebecca from London, Anthony from Complete Symphonic, Phillip from Tenth and so on and it sucks bc I want my dream recording ;_;

--------------------

Badge by Morny.
dittadulla
post Apr 23 2013, 9:22 PM
Post #9

Cosmix Fairy

I know what you mean kate, ill gladly go into depths of all those performers in a couple of months, i can promise you i will be well deep into it.

I'm just really sad because they put up the musical in iceland like a year ago and I didn't see it because i didn't even think more of it then. it's a tragic life

--------------------
W.I.N.X
post Apr 25 2013, 12:24 AM
Post #10

Cosmix Fairy

Don't get started on the number of Japanese recordings tho omg they really love. Really.

Sigh I don't know how you feel in the case of Les Mis bc the last time it was in Australia was before I was born, so I forgive myself bc I can't help that and I saw it in London but I do know how you feel bc I was in London during Jan/Feb 2011 and My Chemical Romance did their huge Wembley Arena show (that according to tumblr and stuff was super fantastic and a milestone for them and super memorable and publicized bc it was so big and w/ever) while I was there but I only became a fan a month later icon_sad.gif((((( so I do know how you feel just not musical wise concert wise sigh~

But yes soon you'll have encyclopedic knowledge of Les Mis just like the rest of us Mizzies and it'll consume your life and your bookshelves...I have DVDs of heaps of the different movie versions, the CDs, the concerts, the book and I have no regrets. Not one.

This post has been edited by W.I.N.X: Apr 25 2013, 12:25 AM

--------------------

Badge by Morny.
Abby
post Apr 25 2013, 4:05 AM
Post #11

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Former Staff

Aaron was my favorite in the movie, I thought he should have been Marius. I really did love the movie just because I love musicals and music in general. I think I'm just not a huge fan of the musical in the first place so I'm not gushing over the movie (it was a bit long when I first saw it, but that might be because I went at 10 p.m. after being at work all day).

Anne Hathaway always blows me away though in I Dreamed a Dream. I always cry. ALWAYS.
dittadulla
post Apr 25 2013, 9:13 PM
Post #12

Cosmix Fairy

Somehow I can't really see Aaron Tveit as Marius, I guess he doesn't really have that "awkward" quality that Marius is supposed to have, and Eddie sort of conveys that so well. I don't know. But I've just become so accustomed to the way it is that I have a hard time trying to switch it up, so I kind of imagine that I would be just as impressed had Aaron been Marius, he's a versatile actor afterall. Couldn't imagine a better Enjolras though!

Anne Hathaway was amazing! I didn't actually cry a lot while watching it at first but i cried when she died. She gave such a heartfelt performance, it was so amazing. This was such a great cast, I loved Amanda Seyfried and Samantha Barks too. Everyone's so talented omg

--------------------
Abby
post Apr 26 2013, 2:53 AM
Post #13

Cosmix Fairy

yeah I'm a big fan of Amanda Seyfried too, I loved her parts in it.
W.I.N.X
post Apr 26 2013, 6:47 AM
Post #14

Cosmix Fairy

I'm torn whether to love Anthony Warlow or Aaron as Enjolras now more...I've seen Anthony live in the Phantom of the Opera (as the Phantom) and he's Australia but Aaron is so precious what do

And yeah, I liked Eddie as Marius...because Marius is basically a clueless-in-love dork and we love him for it. I thought Eddie did that well.

And yes omg Anne was amazing! Everyone at first was naysaying her (because they either hadn't bothered or were ignoring her past phenomenal live performances floating around youtube but I knew she'd be great and she was and I was pleasantly surprised by Amanda. I liked her Cosette too. I got more of a sense of book!Cosette than stage!Cosette, which is good, because stage!Cosette can sometimes be not much more than a pretty face and ah

Actually, Samantha Barks was the Eponine I saw in London and she's even improved so much since then I love her *_*

--------------------

Badge by Morny.
Abby
post Apr 26 2013, 3:52 PM
Post #15

Cosmix Fairy

That's so awesome you got to see her! I've never seen the stage version. The touring one came to my city right after the movie came out but I didn't really have time to see it.

Yeah now that you guys point it out Marius does make sense. Maybe I just like the character of Enjolras more. I don't know, I'm just a fan of Aaron I suppose.
dittadulla
post Apr 27 2013, 12:34 PM
Post #16

Cosmix Fairy

I'd love to see the musical live, I hope I'll have a chance to go to London to see it! I think a trip to London would actually be the most affordable abroad trip I could make, save for like Norway or Denmark. That would be so awesome.

Yeah, I've seen some stage Cosette performances on youtube, she really seems like just a pretty face who's standing there to extend Marius' and Valjeans' plotline. Amanda gives her so much life and feeling! She's a great actress, I liked her in other movies she's done aswell!

I like Enjolras' character more than Marius too, I have to admit. They both have their charms but I guess Enjolras has so much passion and Marius just mopes around after him being lovesick and then heartbroken haha. Marius is great though he's a cutie

--------------------
W.I.N.X
post Apr 28 2013, 2:16 PM
Post #17

Cosmix Fairy

Go see it in London it is perfect ahh...seriously, the theatre makes a difference. It's a nice intimate show in a small London theatre *_*

There are a handful of really good stage Cosettes, but most don't act outside of what they're given in the musical - which isn't much. She's much better in the book. Amanda is up there with the stage Cosettes.

Marius is a real jerk in the book. I like Enjolras all around better, far better.

--------------------

Badge by Morny.
dittadulla
post Apr 30 2013, 9:47 PM
Post #18

Cosmix Fairy

I was actually looking at the prices of plane tickets and tickets to the show hahahaha oh my god. But yeah my cousin really wants to see it too and i hope maybe we can save up enough money to go together next summer or something lmao...

I seriously started reading like the first couple of pages before my ereader broke. it was truly a tragedy. I hope someone will buy me a new one (eyes my mom)

--------------------
Abby
post May 1 2013, 3:02 AM
Post #19

Cosmix Fairy

I tried reading the book last summer but I couldn't get through it. Maybe I was just sick of reading from school still, but I doubt I'll ever get around to reading it.
dittadulla
post May 1 2013, 6:55 PM
Post #20

Cosmix Fairy

It's a very lengthy and difficult book, I hear Hugo was keen on rambling on for pages about basically nothing. I think I'll try though, I can just imagine the amount of satisfaction I'd get by the time I'd finish it, haha.

--------------------

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Add Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:38 AM