2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Add Reply
> Can You Believe Them?!, HP6 POST PONE
bloomskylove
post Aug 16 2008, 12:04 AM
Post #1

Charmix Fairy

Group: Members

can you believe they post poned harry potter 6 for about another six months!!
Attached image(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
"Forbidden to remember, terrified to forget."
post Aug 16 2008, 12:19 AM
Post #2

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Former Staff

Nope I just heard about that. Its moved from November 20-ish 2008 to July 19-ish 2009
Thats pretty much 7 months.

--------------------

Credits to Bre for the forum set, and Ditty/Esca for the userbar :D

Go to the top of the page
MorriganAensland
post Aug 16 2008, 12:21 AM
Post #3

Cosmix Fairy

Boo-hoo. It's still coming out. Shell out money to EA for more crappy Harry Potter games to hold you over.

Either that, or make a social-experiment fanfic by making the world's worst Mary Sue and see how many people think it's brilliant.

--------------------

Hey, look! My sig's back!
humbu111
post Aug 16 2008, 12:23 AM
Post #4

Cosmix Fairy

Ok, I have no idea what you just said.

--------------------

MorriganAensland
post Aug 16 2008, 12:30 AM
Post #5

Cosmix Fairy

I'm saying get over it. Yeah, Harry Potter's been delayed again, but the movie is still, as I said before, coming out.

EA is the company that makes the Harry Potter games. And they all uniformily suck, because that's EA's founding belief: crappy games, which you make money on by selling them on every console, and banking on people buying them because they're fans of Marvel (Marvel vs. Nemesis = SUCKS!), Harry Potter (Harry Potter games = SUCKS!), and a WWII franchise that you keep bringing games out for (Medal of Honor = decent, but BLATANTLY stale and uninteresting after 9-ish games).

--------------------

humbu111
post Aug 16 2008, 1:09 AM
Post #6

Cosmix Fairy

I have never played a Harry Potter video game, I'm just a fan of the books and movies, thats it.

--------------------

Jahnavi
post Aug 16 2008, 3:04 AM
Post #7

Cosmix Fairy

Yup, I agree with Morrigan. At least there still is a movie.

--------------------
"We read to know that we are not alone." - C. S. Lewis
Zhanneel
post Aug 16 2008, 3:19 AM
Post #8

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Group: Admins

Actually...I'm pretty disappointed. It's not that I can't wait another 6 months (I have no problem with that). My issue is the time of year that it is being released. Honestly, it feels different to watch movies in the summer versus movies in the late fall/winter. Summer movies tend to be more fluff or action oriented, while fall/winter movies tend to be more down-to-heart or epic. Like the Lord of the Rings movies for instance. It was more impressive to watch them in the late fall, than if they were released in the summer. Same with the Harry Potter movies. The movies air best in the wintery days of late fall or winter. Sorry to be corny, but it feels more magical. I'd almost say wait to release it until November 2009...but people would probably mob my house with torches and pitchforks.

This probably just confused the crud out of some people, but for those of you like me you understand =P.
MorriganAensland
post Aug 16 2008, 3:55 AM
Post #9

Cosmix Fairy

Eh, if I want action, I watch Jeeg. If I want drama/tragedy, I watch Shin Getter Robo.

Problem solved. And for free, I might add.

To be fair, I really ought to finish watching B't X Neo first...

--------------------

P-girl
post Aug 16 2008, 8:20 AM
Post #10

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Honor Members

Meh, I never have problems with movies/games/cartoons being postponed. (There are limits *Cough*DUKENUKEMFOREVER*Cough* (Stale joke, I know.)) In fact, if it means they get more time to do things right, to think it out and actually ENLARGEN the quality of the product, I actually encourage it. Patience is a virtue, and will be rewarded.
Or do we want a rushed product which sucks because the producers didn't get any time to do it right? *Cough*Season3*Cough*

About EA.... most of their games suck, yeah. To formulatic (Don't get me started about FIFA and the Sims). The only good game they made was SSX 3 (The only sports-game I ever enjoyed playing, gotta give them credits for that. Go Psymon!), but that only lasted until SSX On Tour..... (Where are the dreads!? Psymon needs his dreads! [/fangirl ranting])
mightymarty2
post Aug 16 2008, 8:47 AM
Post #11

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

i like FIFA, I do admit it does get it wrong such as bond (removes the good bits such as wall cover and hand to hand combat in everything or nothing)

--------------------
*stella* created this wonderful avatar and SpiderBraids for the rescue and Angel Darkstorm this wonderful signature
MorriganAensland
post Aug 16 2008, 12:15 PM
Post #12

Cosmix Fairy

Hmm... were you the one, P-Girl, to write all the Epic Fail moments of this accursed show in TV Tropes?

--------------------

P-girl
post Aug 16 2008, 12:38 PM
Post #13

Cosmix Fairy

Nope, I don't contribute to TV-Tropes. I don't have enough patience to sum up such things. I just think about one thing and rant on and on about it. (Avalon! From important story-character to crowd-filler?! Grrr, unhappy!)
Besides, around most of the 'mature' Winx fans on the Winx Livejournal community, it's the general opinion.
Another Morning
post Aug 17 2008, 9:17 PM
Post #14

Cosmix Fairy

I agree that they should release it when they're ready. I'd rather wait for a good movie then get a crap movie now.

And Sims can be fun, but you have to cheat like mad and have a weird sense of humor.

--------------------
RIP Falicia (AngelDarkstorm, Anime-Princess) :: 01/19/1990 - 05/25/2013 :: I love you, Sisser.

"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying." ~Oscar Wilde
Zhanneel
post Aug 18 2008, 3:13 AM
Post #15

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Hehehe...cheats: let's see was it rosebud and motherlode? And that's true, I feel the overwhelming urge to cheat in Sims 2. But I do lose interest in it a little quickly =P.
Another Morning
post Aug 18 2008, 3:27 AM
Post #16

Cosmix Fairy

XD Yeah, the money cheats are always handy. But for Sims 2 there's also cheats that let you bypass having to worry about taking care of their needs, so you can spend all your time subjecting your helpless sims to your dastardly plots >D

--------------------
RIP Falicia (AngelDarkstorm, Anime-Princess) :: 01/19/1990 - 05/25/2013 :: I love you, Sisser.

"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying." ~Oscar Wilde
Zhanneel
post Aug 18 2008, 3:44 AM
Post #17

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

LOL, I remember one of my character's goals was to kill one of our neighbors. By what method though? Hmm...get her in the pool, go into build mode, remove the exit ladder, and wait XD. It was so terrible, but so funny too =P.
MorriganAensland
post Aug 18 2008, 4:28 PM
Post #18

Cosmix Fairy

I believe one of the big complaints Yahtzee Croshaw had with Sim City Society is the fact you can not specifically get satisfactino out of torturing the civilians.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/vie...-City-Societies

WARNING! DO NOT CLICK LINK IF YOU ARE EASILY OFFENDED! MATURE AUDIENCES ONLY!

--------------------

Abby
post Aug 19 2008, 6:41 PM
Post #19

Cosmix Fairy

I'm pretty mad about it. I mean, I was really looking forward to a christmas release. I just finished the book the night before I found out too (since I wanted to read it before seeing the movie this fall, and I have no time in the school year to be reading a big book like that thoroughly). I disagree with their reasoning on it. I think the winter/fall box office makes more money than summer, because kids are home for winter vacation only for a while, and get bored (seeing as it is cold and there aren't as many things to do as there are in the summer) so their parents (or whoever) take them out to the movies. The article I saw said something about warner brothers saw how well the Dark knight did in the summer and decided it would be best to move HP6 to the summer. Now I'm not saying the Dark Knight is a bad movie at all (I'm sure that it is pretty good) but I think the only reason it did really really well is simply because of it being Heath Ledgers last movie and all of his fans went to see it, and tons of other people saw it just for him. Sorry for the long rant, but I'm just disappointed (I prefer fall movies so I have something to look forward to during the school week over summer)
Ranma
post Jan 12 2009, 11:50 AM
Post #20

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Senior Member

You guys are completely forgetting about blades of vengance for the Sega Genesis! That game was a good game! And I think they did Road Rash...also for the Sega Genesis! EA had some good ones...in the early 90's...

--------------------

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Add Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 2nd May 2024 - 8:04 PM