5 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Add Reply
> *Spirit Walkers
empire_c2
post Oct 11 2012, 7:04 PM
Post #1

Enchantix Fairy

Group: Members

Welcome to Little Brook. It is a small tight-knit, community located in the farm county with a population of 830 citizens. The closest city is nearly an hour away so jobs rely heavily on the agriculture and tourism over the summer. For the remainder of the year, the people work together to keep the town thriving. Any visitor will gladly tell you that it is a happy little town to visit on a trip. Little do they know that the town holds a deep secret.

On the outside, the citizens appear very human and are so until their sixteenth birthday, which is around the time they inherit their true abilities. Once they reach this age, they are able to undergo a transformation into creatures of all shapes and sizes. Some will become something small like a mouse, or as common as something like a dog. Others, on the other hand, will become creatures that were only believed to exist in fairy tales. No one knows how the creature is determined, but once it is revealed to the person, it becomes their second body, and they start a new journey in their life as a Spirit Walker.

Spirit Walker is the name the people call themselves because the moment they undergo their first transformation, a spirit awakens inside them and becomes a guide of sorts for their host. This spirit stays by the host’s side through all trials in their life and aids in teaching them to master the animal Guide Forms. Quite often, the spirit will even take control of the Guide Form when the Spirit Walker is still new, but the rest of the time they can only serve as teachers and a voice of reason.

For the most part, this lifestyle has been easy to maintain alongside of the rest of the world, but the town does everything they can to keep the secret of the people from the rest of the world. Outsiders are forbidden to live in Little Brook and Spirit Walkers cannot leave until they are classified as masters due to the risk of exposure. The rules are harsh, but they have kept the community safe from the dangers that the truth could cause. Until now.

Phases of Spirit Walkers

Dormant - This is the phase before the first transformation when they cannot transform or hear their spirit. This phase usually lasts until the sixteenth year, but it has been known to end a few months before or after. Usually the signs of the end of the dormant phase begin a year before it ends and consists of dreams relating to the environment their Guide Form belongs to.

Student - This is the volatile phase following the initial transformation. The Spirit Walker can now communicate with their spirit and change into their Guide Forms. However, it can become extremely chaotic. The Guide Forms are extremely difficult to control in the beginning to the point that a transformation will occur unintentionally so it is natural for the spirit to take over the Guide Form and become the host. As well, there tends to be a great deal of disagreements between the Spirit Walker and spirit, but there have been cases when a pair gets along. The duration of this phase depends solely on the Spirit Walker and the form they take.

Spirit - This phase is a lot more peaceful than the previous phase and the Spirit Walker is able to control when they change. There may still be challenges with controlling the Guide Form, but the spirit doesn’t have to take over as often unless the Spirit Walker requests it. This phase is considered a soul searching phase where the Spirit Walker begins learning more about the spirit they possess and the reason for their Guide Form.

Master - This is the phase when a Spirit Walker has complete mastery of their Guide Form and their spirits become more of friends than teachers anymore. Usually this phase is reached by adulthood and many will remain in their phase for the remainder of their life. There have been rare cases when someone becomes a master before they are adults. In celebration, a Spirit Walker is given a second name.

Perfect - This rare phase gets its name from the perfect union developed between the spirit and Spirit Walker. The bond has reached such a level that the two become unified so they no longer feel like two separate entities. In addition, the Spirit Walker can perform partial transformations rather than accessing their complete Guide Form. So far only the elderly have seemed to be able to reach this phase, but even then it is rare.

Side Notes:

- Spirit Walkers can only turn into one creature
- The spirit can only take over in the Guide Form (when they are a creature)
- This takes place in the modern day on Earth
- Spirits can only communicate with their Spirit Walker except when they are in control of the Guide Form
- In the Guide Form, Spirit Walkers can communicate with other Spirit Walkers telepathically if they are in their Guide Forms too. The spirit communicates orally in this form if they are in control.
- The spirits are unable to tell about their past

+ Any other questions, just ask

Template:

Name:
Appearance:
Phase: If they are a Spirit Walker
Spirit’s Name: If they are a Spirit Walker
Guide Form: If they are a Spirit Walker
History:
Other:

+ You can make as many characters as you can handle. You are free to make antagonist characters as well.

My Templates:

Name: Ebony Michelle Caviss

Appearance: http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff286/E...wlskoolgurl.jpg

Phase: Dormant

Spirit’s Name: Grey

Guide Form: Griffin

History: Ebony was one of the first Spirit Walkers ever to grow up outside of Little Brook. Her mother lived in the little town for a long time due to the laws and was forbidden to leave, though, that didn’t stop her from sneaking out occasionally. Once her mother was in the master phase, she left the moment she was done arguing with Ebony’s grandfather, and didn’t look back. Ebony was raised in the city, attended average, overcrowded schools, and was looking forward to her next few years of high school when the dreams started.

The first few times Ebony shook them off as only dreams, but they kept coming back and became more vivid each day. Barely a month before her sixteenth birthday, one of the dreams woke her in a panic and she was forced to tell her mother, which ended up being the biggest mistake of her life. The next day her parents were packing up the house, she was being pulled out of school, and they were moving to a small town in the middle of nowhere. There she finally met her grandfather that her mother refused to discuss about over the past years and learned about the Spirit Walkers. Everything was so sudden that Ebony was furious with her family and refused to do anything once her sixteenth birthday arrived. She still refuses to speak with any of them and focuses only on doing her schoolwork at her new school.

Other: Granddaughter to Cilan Yune

Name: Cilan Richard Yune

Appearance: A gentle old man with mid length white hair and soft blue eyes. He stands at 5’11” and appears quite healthy for his age. For clothes he likes to wear jeans and a red plaid shirt.

Phase: Perfect

Spirit’s Name: Canen

Guide Form: Asian Lung Dragon

History: Cilan was born and raised in Little Brook, and like all Spirit Walkers, went through a great deal of training the moment he turned sixteen. Due to the type of Guide Form he possessed, Cilan had a challenge with mastering it. After eight intensive years, Cilan finally entered the Spirit Phase, which he excelled at thanks to the bond he shared with his spirit.

Once he was initiated into the master phase, Cilan left Little Brook and travelled the world to enjoy his new freedom. He went to a whole array of places, learned about different cultures, and investigated the story about dragons in various communities to learn more about his Guide Form. Cilan was willing to live this new lifestyle forever, until the day his father summoned him home.

His father had gotten sick with age and requested Cilan to take his place as a mentor to the student Spirit Walkers. It was a challenge at first because it had been so long since he was home, but gradually all of his experiences from his travels came back to him and made him wiser in his teachings. A little while after his father’s passing, Cilan married and became a father to his only child. Once again, it was no easy task in raising his daughter because she inherited his same eagerness to leave the town so there were countless arguments over the years. Once she was a master Spirit Walker, she left and was not heard from again until the day she returned with her new family.

Other: Grandfather to Ebony Caviss and is the mayor of Little Brook.

Name: Damien Victor Ezekele

Appearance: http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff286/E...ime/149r1hl.jpg

Phase: N/A

Spirit’s Name: N/A

Guide Form: N/A

History: Damien comes from a wealthy family in Europe, with him being an only child, and not having much of a relationship with his parents due to their consistent absence. His parents were frequently busy with work so in his early years he spent time with his grandfather, where he would listen to various stories from his grandfather’s life. Damien found it fascinating, but the story that interested him most was about once seeing a live dragon on his travels.

His parents didn’t share Damien’s enthusiasm when he told them the latest story he heard, and claimed that his grandfather was senile. Barely a month later, his grandfather was placed into a home and Damien was sent off to a boarding school. Damien was back to being alone, and didn’t get along with his peers. He made sure to send regular letters to his grandfather, until he passed away a year later. Damien spent that summer helping clearing his grandfather’s belongings when he found an envelope addressed to him from his grandfather. Inside was a photo of the creature his parents claimed was fictional For Damien, it reconfirmed his beliefs.

From that moment on, Damien wished to seek out the creature, but it has gradually began to reveal a new mystery he wants to uncover and prove to the world his grandfather was not lying.

Other: N/A

--------------------

The dark raven lingers in the shadows and awaits its moment.
Go to the top of the page
~Roshna~
post Oct 12 2012, 3:58 AM
Post #2

Cosmix Fairy

(I would like to join if i can i might not be regular though)

Name:Roshna "Ashk"
Appearance:

Phase: Student
Spirit’s Name:Xavier
Guide Form: Phoenix
History:Roshna lived a life full of hardships which she doesn't like to talk of .She is not very friendly with her spirit and they end up in arguments she barely considers Xavier as her teacher and doesn't respect him.She is not very friendly with other people either and prefers that people call her Ashk rather than her real name
Other:N/A

(Would this form work?)
empire_c2
post Oct 12 2012, 4:46 AM
Post #3

Enchantix Fairy

That is fine :) And your temp looks great *thumbs up*

--------------------

P-girl
post Oct 12 2012, 8:43 PM
Post #4

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Honor Members

((Question: Could it be possible for one of these... Spirit walkers to, like, get stuck between human and animal form, somehow? That's a concept I would like to explore.))
empire_c2
post Oct 12 2012, 8:52 PM
Post #5

Enchantix Fairy

I suppose so. Those in the perfect phase can do something similar (though not permanent). Feel free to explore it. I am curious :)

--------------------

mightymarty2
post Oct 13 2012, 9:15 AM
Post #6

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Group: Admins

(is this ok?)

Name: Mark
Appearance: Often seen wearing a hat and a long trench coat, which he rarely takes off, so people don't know what he wears under it
Phase: Spirit: Vampire
Spirit’s Name: Will
Guide Form: If they are a Spirit Walker
History:Has lived in little Brook all his life but was always scared of what he could become. He took a while to even accept his powers however after he got used to it. Will was incontrol for the first four months or so and after that slowly Mark regained control. He regularly breaks into the hospital to steel Blood to control his urges
Other: His human form protects him from the suns damage

--------------------
*stella* created this wonderful avatar and SpiderBraids for the rescue and Angel Darkstorm this wonderful signature
P-girl
post Oct 13 2012, 9:11 PM
Post #7

Cosmix Fairy

((On second taught... I have another idea. Also a bit out there, but in a different way. Please tell me if this is not allowed.

Name: Yume Wan
Appearance:

Phase: Student
Spirit’s Name: The Collective
Guide Form: A swarm of deadly hornets.
History:
For most of his life, Yuma was a nice, well-adjusted young boy with promises of a nice, happy life.
Until his Spirit Walker, or rather Spirit Walkers, awakened. At his first transformation, he burst into a large swarm of Hornets... and his mind was split alongside them. Even when he managed to revert back to his human form, his mind is still fragmented, driving him insane. His parents have kept him under tight lock and key, afraid of what their son had become...
empire_c2
post Oct 13 2012, 9:14 PM
Post #8

Enchantix Fairy

Both templates are okay :)

They all look like sweet characters

--------------------

P-girl
post Oct 13 2012, 10:06 PM
Post #9

Cosmix Fairy

Thanks!
~Roshna~
post Oct 15 2012, 3:19 AM
Post #10

Cosmix Fairy

QUOTE (empire_c2 @ Oct 11 2012, 09:46 PM) *
That is fine :) And your temp looks great *thumbs up*

Oh wow... thanks XD
empire_c2
post Oct 15 2012, 2:33 PM
Post #11

Enchantix Fairy

((lol you're both welcome. I'm going to start now. Others are allowed to join at other time and you can make characters later too))

"Man I am so bored." Ebony was lying in the middle of a grassy field, staring up at the cloudless sky. School had finished over an hour ago, her homework was done and back in her bag that was now being used as a pillow. Now she was out of things to do other than go home, which was the last thing she wanted to do. Going home meant being around her parents, her grandfather, and more of the crazy Spirit Walker talk they ignored to mention the past sixteen years. "It's not fair," she grumbled. She missed her friends and her old life.

--

"Thanks for the lesson Master Yune!"

"Yes, thank you!"

"Any time kids. Make sure to listen to you spirit. They will be your best teacher." Cilan waved as some newly Spirit Walkers headed home. He loved seeing students enthusiasm with learning to master their Guide Form. It was the kind of energy they needed for the challenges that lay ahead.

"As I've always said, Spirit Walkers are all about their spirit and the spirit of their guide." A voice remarked in Cilan's head, which made the elderly man chuckle.

"You really liked ingraining that lesson into me when I was young, Canen." Cilan answered. "It was good advice, though." While the voice of his spirit chuckled in his mind, Cilan took a seat in an armchair in the corner of his training room. "Unfortunately spirit may not be enough though, for some." A few of the students were facing bizarre circumstances or having challenges due to the state their Guide Form. The challenge has puzzled him for months, and any day his granddaughter would take up spirit walking too. "Sometimes I wish you spirits could tell us everything about the Spirit Walkers."

"I am sure many other spirits share the same frustration I have felt while living alongside you. It's something you'll have to learn through the generations with new experiences."

"I know." Considering the amount the community has learned over the generations, they have come a long way in understanding Spirit Walkers.

--

Damien, I leave this photo for you as evidence of what you have believed in from my stories. I tell you, there are secrets in this world we don't know of. Thank you for believing. - Lots of love Faron

Every day Damien would look at the photo and read the message that strived him to reveal to the truth of the secrets. He searched for years, and he was now on his way across the ocean to explore rumoured sightings. Once he was done reading, Damien flipped the photo over to look at the image of a dragon. It was a poor quality photo due to the time period so the beast looked like a smudge. However, he could make out a long neck, a tail and possibly six wings. His grandfather always said it looked like something from the world of the dead. No myths described such a beast before.

"I'll find out, grandpa." It looked like the plane wasn't going to land for another hour so Damien pocketed the photo and closed his eyes.

--------------------

P-girl
post Oct 15 2012, 7:03 PM
Post #12

Cosmix Fairy

Hungry....

It wasn't often that all the voices in Yume's head agreed with each other. But this was one of the moments. They were all hungry.
The door to his darker chamber opened and he looked up to the woman in the doorway. One sad glance was all he offered before a bowl was placed on the ground and the door shut again. However, his fractured mind only registered one thing.
"Food!" Yume said, scampering to the bowl before devouring its contents.
mightymarty2
post Oct 16 2012, 7:53 AM
Post #13

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Group: Admins

Mark walked the street the hospital came into sight. He checked his watch "too early" he muttered. As he walked by the hospital he was all he could do to keep control 'easy remember the training' will reminded.

--------------------
*stella* created this wonderful avatar and SpiderBraids for the rescue and Angel Darkstorm this wonderful signature
~Roshna~
post Oct 16 2012, 7:17 PM
Post #14

Cosmix Fairy

Roshna ran down the street as fast as she could "So much fuss over an apple" she said to herself and ran faster,till she stopped and hid in a dark alley she liked to call home and sat down munching on the apple she just stole .

(I hope this is fine i'm not used to RP'ing in this site..XD i'm an original winx site rp'er)
empire_c2
post Oct 18 2012, 3:17 PM
Post #15

Enchantix Fairy

The silence of her solitude was broken by the sounds of someone running. Sitting up, Ebony looked towards the town's streets and thought she saw a person dash by. Strange. She knew some liked to go for jogs or race in the farm fields, but there was no one else and the way they ran it was like they were fleeing. Why would anyone want to flee, though? Besides, wanting to leave the town entirely. Ebony decided her curiousity was getting the better of her so she slung her backpack over her shoulder and headed for the streets in town. Once she got there, everything looked quiet, and there was no sign of the runner. "Hello?" she called out.

--------------------

P-girl
post Oct 18 2012, 6:09 PM
Post #16

Cosmix Fairy

Now that the primary focus of feeding was finished, the voices started to once more become individual, filling Yume's head with many taughts.
It's dark....
I wonder what day it is....
The food was undercooked...
Why are there people running outside?

Yume decided to focus on that last taught, heading to the small window in his basement room, peeking trough the bars that prevented him from escaping. A young girl sat beside it, eating an apple. Would he....?
"Hi!" His mouth blurted out before his mind came to a decision.
~Roshna~
post Oct 18 2012, 6:32 PM
Post #17

Cosmix Fairy

Roshna jumped at the voice "WHAT? WHO?" she called out looking around to see where the voice came ,her instincts told her to run away but her curiosity wanted to know where the voice came from.
P-girl
post Oct 18 2012, 6:41 PM
Post #18

Cosmix Fairy

"It's us!" Yume called out, before retreating slightly.
Shut up... you know what mom said... no human contact.
But we're lonely.
And still hungry... and that girl has food.
~Roshna~
post Oct 18 2012, 6:46 PM
Post #19

Cosmix Fairy

Roshna looked at where the voice came from and relaxed a bit "Umm....hi" she said sorta freaked out
P-girl
post Oct 18 2012, 6:48 PM
Post #20

Cosmix Fairy

"H-hi...." Yume managed to say, his mind forming a few coherent taughts.

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Add Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 1:58 AM