Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

7 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Add Reply
> Favourite Trix, come and vote for your fave!
Rating 5 V
Favourite Trix
Which is your favourite Trix?
Icy [ 33 ]  [35.87%]
Darcy [ 47 ]  [51.09%]
Stormy [ 12 ]  [13.04%]
Which Trix, in your opinion, is the strongest?
Icy [ 55 ]  [61.80%]
Darcy [ 26 ]  [29.21%]
Stormy [ 8 ]  [8.99%]
Total Votes: 84
Guests cannot vote 
dittadulla
post Jul 18 2008, 9:09 PM
Post #41

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Journalists

Darcy is my favorite^^ I just like her the most, I dunno why. The Trix still are bugging me, they appear in every season rolleyes.gif . but I still like them, I dunno why.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page
PinkSugar
post Jul 27 2008, 4:16 AM
Post #42

Enchantix Fairy

Group: Members

Icy is my favorite, and though she seems to be the "head witch" out of the three, I think Darcy's the strongest. Illusions/Messing with people's minds just seems to be more effective than ice- mind control, especially. I think Icy has the leadership down. Stormy (though I love her) is too quick-tempered to really think things through and I think Darcy might overthink things. Icy's willing to take action, thus, making her seem like the leader. Just my own thoughts to the matter.

I don't think it's especially annoying that they appear every season, but what I do find annoying is their roles. After being the main villains of season one, they sort of lost their touch. Although, I was impressed with their power in season 2 (despite it was the help of the Shadow Phoenix), and in season 3... probably fanservice. I didn't see them DO much of anything except drool over Valtor and get defeated over and over again.

I'd more more pleased if they could leave up to the ancestress witches' names... provide a little more of a challenge. They've done it before, but season 3 just left me wondering what their purpose was if not for just distracting the WinX from the real evil.

--------------------

signature by saruvi of AF // suiitsunohime is a name I go by on other boards
Jahnavi
post Jul 27 2008, 9:41 AM
Post #43

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Former Staff

Yup. After Season One, Straffi just let them fade away, and become fan-girls for his male villains, like Darkar and Baltor.

--------------------
"We read to know that we are not alone." - C. S. Lewis
Hirondelle
post Jul 27 2008, 6:53 PM
Post #44

Harmonix Fairy

Personally, I always found the witches scenes boring. But maybe since the next one is going to be more about them and the ancestral witches they'll be interesting.
I just don't understand their motive anymore now...they couldn't get the dragonfire in the first season...if they're not really after that so much anymore than what? I'm hoping is not about 'taking over the world' or 'being the most powerful'...because that's kinda overplayed. It just seems like their out for revenge, and that doesn't really help the storyline any...

My favorite though, is Darcy. Dark and conniving, how a witch should be. I even like how her name isn't so totally obvious. Mentally, she can do the most damage, and that's almost as important as physically. Which, is why Icy is second to me, but she's still...I don't know what it is but I can't stand her. She's way to into herself if she's trying to get back at the fairies for beating her too many times. <<; Her powers are strong, but I wouldn't have guessed she was meant to be the leader if she wasn't always in the middle.

...Stormy I could totally do without. She's a young little hot-head brat that is just useless. She's not the strongest and she can't mentally hurt somebody...it's like she's supposed to be a mix, but it doesn't really work out. She deserves to be the youngest weakest witch. <<;

--------------------

Faedust Charms
P-girl
post Jul 27 2008, 7:29 PM
Post #45

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Honor Members

Is there any official source claiming Stormy's the weakest, magic-wise? Because I always saw her as mentally weak, but with STRONG magic. But that might just be because she has some of the most powerful natural occurences (Tornados and Lightning) in her arsenal.
Hirondelle
post Jul 27 2008, 7:45 PM
Post #46

Harmonix Fairy

Eh, that might be true, maybe I'm just having a hard time remember anything of which Stormy has caused. I'm starting to think I don't think she ever causes that much damage because Darcy's more direct to who she's after, when Stormy attacks it's like a "long distance" thing.

--------------------

Faedust Charms
PinkSugar
post Jul 27 2008, 7:46 PM
Post #47

Enchantix Fairy

I've never seen Stormy as weak. Actually, despite my love for Icy, I've always seen her as the weakest magically. Ice has a bit more of an enemy (fire) than mind-controlling and even storms like Stormy can create.

Emotionally, I'd say Darcy's the weakest. I think she's the most prone to falling for guys (then again, I hate Darcy, so maybe I'm looking for any fault I can find in her). But Stormy's temper can get her in trouble as well. Icy is probably seen as the leader only because she is always in the middle and seems to be the most motivated whether the motivation comes from revenge or not. Hmm...

--------------------

signature by saruvi of AF // suiitsunohime is a name I go by on other boards
P-girl
post Jul 27 2008, 8:08 PM
Post #48

Cosmix Fairy

QUOTE (Hirondelle @ Jul 27 2008, 07:45 PM) *
Eh, that might be true, maybe I'm just having a hard time remember anything of which Stormy has caused. I'm starting to think I don't think she ever causes that much damage because Darcy's more direct to who she's after, when Stormy attacks it's like a "long distance" thing.

I clearly remember her Tornado Attack during the Alfea siege in the season 1 finally, the one that almost overtook four out of five Winx girls, and at least badly battered them.
Abby
post Jul 28 2008, 2:40 AM
Post #49

Cosmix Fairy

I also think she has strong magic, but because of her weak mental state (well, she gets angry really easily) she can't use her powers to their full potential, making her powers look weak.
humbu111
post Jul 28 2008, 5:10 PM
Post #50

Cosmix Fairy

i agree with Abby, she doesnt think about it first, she just blindly attacks. Icy is better because she is smart AND powerful, so she uses her powers intelligently making them seem stronger.

--------------------

Credits to Bre for the forum set, and Ditty/Esca for the userbar :D

Riiana
post Jul 28 2008, 8:15 PM
Post #51

Cosmix Fairy

Stormy acts before she thinks.
Personally Darcy is the strongest for me. I mean if you could get into anyone's mind and mess with them then thats a pretty powerful power to me.

Icy's just portrayed as the leader 'cause she usually makes the big desicions and becuase everyone thinks she has the more powerful magic. I disagree with that. icon_smile.gif

They're all pretty powerful, if you think about it.

--------------------
Winxgirl66
post Aug 1 2008, 10:33 PM
Post #52

Earth Girl

Group: New Members

I would say Darcy is my favorite Trix! She is awesome!
But I think Icy is the strongest Trix out of the group.
Zhanneel
post Aug 1 2008, 11:26 PM
Post #53

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Group: Admins

Darcy is also my favorite. Her power seems like it could potentially whip any other power's booty. Except that Darcy seems to be a slacker, which is why Icy will always be more powerful. If Darcy had the initiative, she could hone her powers more and control Icy. That would be hilarious!
P-girl
post Aug 2 2008, 7:37 AM
Post #54

Cosmix Fairy

Call me a broken record, but with a different personality, Stormy's powers would be the most powerfull witch of the three of them, and probably only be upped by Bloom and Stella. Control over the weather (Especialy the more violent ones) is a HUGE power to have.
Zhanneel
post Aug 2 2008, 4:18 PM
Post #55

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

I guess the way I was going with it I was thinking of the most versatile power (but I agree, elemental magic is the most powerful in brute strength). Like Valtor, if Darcy could increase the range and strength of her powers she could ultimately control Stormy, thus using Stormy as a personal soldier, who could then cause massive destruction with her elemental powers.
P-girl
post Aug 2 2008, 4:20 PM
Post #56

Cosmix Fairy

Yup, but those powers wouldn't be hers, they would be Stormy's.

At least that's how I look at it.
humbu111
post Aug 2 2008, 6:07 PM
Post #57

Cosmix Fairy

but if they are used in a way that Darcy wants to use them rather than Stormy, it makes Darcy better in that way

--------------------

Zhanneel
post Aug 2 2008, 6:28 PM
Post #58

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

I'd agree with that.

I guess power is one thing, and control is another. Some see one being better than the other. Control over power (to me) is better. But raw power itself can be used to control things too.
humbu111
post Aug 2 2008, 6:34 PM
Post #59

Cosmix Fairy

ya, i agree
u gotta remember, "brain always beats brawn" (something like that) XD

--------------------

Zhanneel
post Aug 3 2008, 10:39 AM
Post #60

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

I like your thinking..cause I'm totally weak in the brawn dept. ^^

7 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Add Reply
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 2:44 PM