2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Add Reply
> Winx Club Oops
Abby
post Feb 4 2012, 9:26 PM
Post #1

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Former Staff

I don't think there is another thread like this on here, but if there is can someone let me know? Anyways I thought it would be cool to have a place to just discuss discontinuities in the series or simple slip ups in any of the versions (rai, 4kids, nick, etc.).

I was watching winx club yesterday morning on nick and it was the scene where riven steals a paper helia is writing (like a poem for flora I think?). He says "we have our own shakespeare here" but I just found it funny to say this since none of them are from earth so I would highly doubt any of them would be educated in writers from earth, especially ones from 500 yrs ago.

Anyone else notice any funny or peculiar things like this?
Go to the top of the page
P-girl
post Feb 4 2012, 9:29 PM
Post #2

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Honor Members

In the same category, I have a glaring one, even tough I really love it.

Riven's Union Jack Shirt.

Very hot. Very, VERY confusing.
Abby
post Feb 4 2012, 9:39 PM
Post #3

Cosmix Fairy

I never noticed that before, but yeah! That is really odd. I can't believe I didn't think about that until now, that's like my favorite outfit of his.

Attached Image

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

Sen
post Feb 9 2012, 6:19 PM
Post #4

Butterflix Fairy

Group: Members

The one I dislike the most -> Layla(Aisha)'s everchanging Enchantix outfit colours. =P

--------------------

By dittadulla <3~ @_@

Winx Club & Rainbow -- Translated articles: http://incantesimo.lareveuse.net/
P-girl
post Feb 9 2012, 6:21 PM
Post #5

Cosmix Fairy

I remember that one.
I'm just glad they didn't go for the comic's color scheme. That one was just plain ugly.
Sen
post Feb 9 2012, 6:28 PM
Post #6

Butterflix Fairy

QUOTE (P-girl @ Feb 9 2012, 07:21 PM) *
I remember that one.
I'm just glad they didn't go for the comic's color scheme. That one was just plain ugly.

Is the blue one from the comics? That was my favourite colour scheme. icon_smile.gif

--------------------

By dittadulla <3~ @_@

P-girl
post Feb 9 2012, 6:31 PM
Post #7

Cosmix Fairy

Sorry, but I don't like it. Too many colors. I prefer a solid color scheme.
Sen
post Feb 9 2012, 6:37 PM
Post #8

Butterflix Fairy

QUOTE (P-girl @ Feb 9 2012, 07:31 PM) *
Sorry, but I don't like it. Too many colors. I prefer a solid color scheme.

That's true, I just thought blue fits Layla a bit better as it's kind of water-related. xD (Plus I quite dislike green. tongue.gif )

--------------------

By dittadulla <3~ @_@

P-girl
post Feb 9 2012, 6:39 PM
Post #9

Cosmix Fairy

That is a good point.
Ah well, she's in blue with Believix, and yeah, that does look way better on her then green.
Abby
post Feb 9 2012, 9:52 PM
Post #10

Cosmix Fairy

I noticed that too, I wonder what was the initial color. I personally like what is on the mattel doll, it's mainly green and pink/purple. I just really always like Aisha's original winx outfit and thought the green looked good on her so I like the green in the enchantix one.
Abby
post Feb 10 2012, 6:18 PM
Post #11

Cosmix Fairy

Today when watching "Seeking the Truth" on nick, I noticed another shakespeare reference that just doesn't make sense. Stella referenced Hamlet's To be or not to be speech, I forget what she said in place of "be" but it was obviously referencing Hamlet.
P-girl
post Feb 10 2012, 6:19 PM
Post #12

Cosmix Fairy

Yeah, but that's something everybody does. I mean, how many people, especially kids at that age, know the meaning of that Hamlet speech? I mean, I consider myself a literature buff, and I don't know entirely.
Abby
post Feb 10 2012, 6:26 PM
Post #13

Cosmix Fairy

yeah I know, that's one of the most common literature references. I would just imagine it as an earth cultural thing but who knows, maybe in the winx world shakspeare is popular universally
dreamywinxgirl94
post Feb 10 2012, 11:43 PM
Post #14

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Journalists

Heh, yeah I notice that. I was like at first, why are their some quotes referring to Shakspeare. xD Heh, the Winx are not from Earth. Well, probably Bloom knows it already because she is raise from Earth. xD

I saw one of the blooper screen that the Girls were wearing their Charmix (Nick didn't edit that part when we watched the Winx Club Specials, new fans were confused what were they wearing). It was an episode when Bloom had her flashback about Sky when Sky was under Diaspro's spell (Valtor's Mark).

In Winx Club The Shadow Phoenix Special, Helia has his Season 4 Hairstyle when jumping off the portal. xD

--------------------

~Believe in Winx Dreams!~
DreamyWinx Will Always Be Remembered 2008-2015:

*Forum Set Made by Me.* xD

Abby
post Feb 11 2012, 3:58 AM
Post #15

Cosmix Fairy

I feel like bloom wouldn't know much of shakespeare's works either though since I didn't really study his works in detail until Junior and Senior years of high school, and she started alfea as like a sophomore I think.

I don't like helia's season 4 hair that much =(
Vaughanh7
post Feb 12 2012, 2:34 AM
Post #16

Believix Fairy

QUOTE (Abby @ Feb 11 2012, 03:58 AM) *
I feel like bloom wouldn't know much of shakespeare's works either though since I didn't really study his works in detail until Junior and Senior years of high school, and she started alfea as like a sophomore I think.

Wasn't she sixteen in the first season? Now, correct me if I'm wrong. But isn't alphea a college? here in the UK, we study until we are 16 and then move on from 'high school' to sixth form, college, or work. If wherever Gardenia is, is similar to here, then she would have already studied Shakespeare, as I already have and I'm in my final year of school now. But even if she hadn't been taught, she'd probably still know famous quotes like 'to be or not to be'.

I would think Shakespeare would be universal (one of the greatest and most famous playwrites)

I've noticed winx has quite a few animation 'oops'
But I'm bad at noticing plot errors etc.
I think the biggest plot error in winx history, is the second movie -.- I have lost sleep over trying to figure that one out.

--------------------
Sen
post Feb 12 2012, 4:04 PM
Post #17

Butterflix Fairy

QUOTE (Abby @ Feb 11 2012, 04:58 AM) *
I don't like helia's season 4 hair that much =(

It takes quite a lot of time to get used to it. >.< I wonder why they even changed it...

Another classic Winx Oops: Flora's wings are missing in the (original) Magic Winx tranformation scene.

--------------------

By dittadulla <3~ @_@

Abby
post Feb 12 2012, 8:25 PM
Post #18

Cosmix Fairy

QUOTE (Vaughanh7 @ Feb 11 2012, 10:34 PM) *
Wasn't she sixteen in the first season? Now, correct me if I'm wrong. But isn't alphea a college? here in the UK, we study until we are 16 and then move on from 'high school' to sixth form, college, or work. If wherever Gardenia is, is similar to here, then she would have already studied Shakespeare, as I already have and I'm in my final year of school now. But even if she hadn't been taught, she'd probably still know famous quotes like 'to be or not to be'.

I would think Shakespeare would be universal (one of the greatest and most famous playwrites)

I've noticed winx has quite a few animation 'oops'
But I'm bad at noticing plot errors etc.
I think the biggest plot error in winx history, is the second movie -.- I have lost sleep over trying to figure that one out.

I had always taken Alfea as a high school type of deal since in America high school goes for 4 years. 16 year olds are usually sophomores in high school and after you graduate then you go onto college/university. I guess it just all depends on the region of the show, or more of what the system is like in Italy.

I'm the opposite I never seem to notice the animation errors.

And I don't get why they changed his hair, I thought it looked great before.
P-girl
post Feb 12 2012, 8:29 PM
Post #19

Cosmix Fairy

I also don't notice animation errors all that much...

unless they involve my favorite minor characters.
In season two there were a few frames where Palladium not only missed his EARS, but his highlights as well. Not to mention his entire hairdo got a whole lot... girlier if you can imagine that.
Abby
post Feb 12 2012, 8:37 PM
Post #20

Cosmix Fairy

When I first started watching winx club, it took me a couple episodes to determine if Palladium was male or female....so I'm not sure how much girlier the look could get.

I've always noticed just some random times where bloom was missing her crown or one of the girls sleeves would be missing.

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Add Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 2:02 PM