Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Add Reply
> Religion
wkw427
post Apr 30 2010, 3:59 PM
Post #1

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Members

Which religion is right? Why is it right? Is religion right?

This is not intended to be flame bait, fyi

--------------------
A.K.A. BANJOGATE

Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

I give my sincerest apologies if anything that I have mentioned in a post or image by me or relating to me, any word, ASCII character, vowel or constant is to be considered offensive in your native tongue. If it is, remember you're on the internet.
Go to the top of the page
P-girl
post Apr 30 2010, 4:07 PM
Post #2

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Honor Members

Well, you could word it less.... black and white. No religion is inherently wrong, nor are the people who don't practice religion. I'm catholic, by the way, and while I don't go to church every sunday, I do believe in the basic principles.

This post has been edited by P-girl: Apr 30 2010, 4:11 PM
Jahnavi
post Apr 30 2010, 4:26 PM
Post #3

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Former Staff

I agree. None are wrong, it's mainly a matter of who you are and what you believe in.

--------------------
"We read to know that we are not alone." - C. S. Lewis
mightymarty2
post Apr 30 2010, 4:32 PM
Post #4

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Group: Admins

I aggree they all are based on belief and no will ever know if they are right or wrong. Also this is a topic where people have to be careful what they say

--------------------
*stella* created this wonderful avatar and SpiderBraids for the rescue and Angel Darkstorm this wonderful signature
DeadInside
post Apr 30 2010, 8:30 PM
Post #5

Sirenix Fairy

I think that this is not the right place to talk about this, politics and religion are not really the kind of topics we should discuss on this site.
See, i believe that things like this should be discussed only with people at least over 18... 20.. because when you are a kid, first you are just a carbon copy of your parents beliefs and later some people gets "rebel" against their teaching, so it take a lot of time for you to develop your own opinions and capacity to debate about them.

and by the way... i think that your question couldn't be more lame...

For me, i follow no religion but I'm not an atheist... its complicated to explain... and i will not... i might but again, i think this is not the place to, i mean, i know that my way of thinking made me a better person than i was catholic, and thats fine for me, but it also attracts a lot of "zombies" with their annoying comments and pointless disscussions.
So as i think... what's the Right religion?... easy "Do not Harm, live and let live"
Hurt someone is the only "Sin" i believe.

And my recommendation is to lock and forget this topic, it cant really bring anything good to this site IMHO.

--------------------
wkw427
post Apr 30 2010, 11:05 PM
Post #6

Cosmix Fairy

I agree it is a topic that should be discussed by older people..

Move to 16+ forum?

--------------------
A.K.A. BANJOGATE

I give my sincerest apologies if anything that I have mentioned in a post or image by me or relating to me, any word, ASCII character, vowel or constant is to be considered offensive in your native tongue. If it is, remember you're on the internet.
Princess-Mariah
post Apr 30 2010, 11:50 PM
Post #7

Butterflix Fairy

Wait don't move to a 16+ please, I don't find it fair if you do that. Because I am 13 and told that I am very ,mature for my age so I am also gonna speek :). I agree there is not a right or a wrong religion, I mean yes I don't like it when Christian's diss on my beleif to my face and calling me dumb so I will explain why I don't beleive in god, heaven, the devil, or hell. Yes I am an Atheist but I have many christian, jew, and other types of friends b/c like many have said there is no right nor wrong religion. You are who you are

QUOTE ( @ Apr 30 2010, 07:05 PM)
Reason for edit: had to fix some spelling errors

This post has been edited by Princess-Mariah: Apr 30 2010, 11:52 PM

--------------------

I myself... am afraid to take the journey into highschool but after watching OHSHC it made me notice...
you never do know what will happen but something good always will :)

~~~~~~
MyaMeOhMy
wkw427
post Apr 30 2010, 11:54 PM
Post #8

Cosmix Fairy

Alright, time to start some debate

Why do people believe in something that can't be proven, measured, or calculated? (not just one religion, but every modern religion).
The reason I leave out any kind of religion that is from 100 years ago or more, well, I believe that religion was created by people to explain things that they couldn't explain. But almost everything can be explained now. So, why?

--------------------
A.K.A. BANJOGATE

Boo
post May 1 2010, 2:12 AM
Post #9

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Former Staff

Meeh.... eehh....
I'm having a moral dilemma, here.

You see, many major sites do not condone speaking about religion and politics (and for good reason). Religion is a very... oh, how do I phrase it.... fragile subject. It brings about unnecessary arguments and hurt feelings, in some cases. It's taken very, very seriously by some. It also can lead to different feelings about some individuals...

I just don't see how discussing it could lead to any good, thus, why I simply do not know what to about this topic...

--------------------
When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door, that we do not see the one which has opened for us. -Helen Keller
DeadInside
post May 1 2010, 9:46 AM
Post #10

Sirenix Fairy

Ok... I'll only say this, Im a very rational thinking, open minded person, so the only reason i say I'm not atheist is because even when i couldn't proof that God really exist, i cant really prove that It doesn't neither... so affirm with no doubt any of these subjects is wrong rationally speaking... until one of them can be proved... and That would be never...

@ WKW427
I have enough Philosophical and Psychological knowledge to bury you with info about this but i really have to insist to drop it, also your tone hears to be kinda aggressive and its a matter of time until someone feel it like an attack, let the people believe what they want... I try to keep my mind open for anything and everything, understanding and respecting each others believe is the right way to co-exist... a closed minded atheist person or a close minded religious person are equally wrong.

I'll love to talk about it with you, but not here.

so, "stop poking the beast with the stick or it might get angry and eat us all"

--------------------
P-girl
post May 1 2010, 9:57 AM
Post #11

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Honor Members

I'm just going to say one thing on this subject:

For me, and some other people I know, Religion is a comfort. To have a belief that somehow.... somewhere, there's a force that watches over you in a good, caring way. And for many, it's also a reason to start acting better towards other people. Many religions I know boil down to helping and accepting others. Tolerance and goodwill. That's what religion is to me, not wanting to explain things that can't be explained. Also, this is why I really don't like that argument. It basically says 'Religion is primitive and is holding us back' Er.... no it isn't. In my personal life, it actually taught me to be open-minded. To care. And to be optimistic.

/rant out. I hope I didn't offend anyone.
{§hani}
post May 5 2010, 8:48 AM
Post #12

Cosmix Fairy

oh to be most honest i respect people in religions and i dont critize or judge them but religion does scare me. I dont like the concept of it or anything, i mean im not athiest or anything i do believe in a higher power but not a "god" as such. but if i was to be in a religion i'd be budhist. :3

--------------------

I AM A HORROR. LOVELY SET BY EMI. MUSA DRAWN BY ALAMISTERRA.

Add Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 1:50 PM