Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Add Reply
> New Skin?
terriordx32
post Dec 9 2009, 2:58 PM
Post #1

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Former Staff

So, i wouldnt get on MC in school, mainly to the fact that the skin is filled with fairies and purple and such. Now altho some of my friends know i go on magix, i dont want my whole school knowing, So then i thought of something...what if we had a SKIN that wasn’t fairy friendly, yes I know that MC is a winx themed website, but hopefully there could be a skin that wasn’t. Does anybody else agree?

--------------------

Thanks Cami!!!
Go to the top of the page
Jahnavi
post Dec 9 2009, 3:51 PM
Post #2

Cosmix Fairy

Or maybe just the same skin with a different banner? Because, technically, the skin's just a lot of blue, lol. I think you're more worried about people seeing the big banner of the Winx at the top of the screen.

--------------------
"We read to know that we are not alone." - C. S. Lewis
Dark_Side_Master
post Dec 9 2009, 5:29 PM
Post #3

Mythix Fairy

Group: Members

well, what do you suggest? i can't imagine banner which will symbolise winx forum and not show it at the same time. besides, i think forum's theme would be obviously seen when you open any topic, pretty much avies and siggys are winx related, one way or another.

--------------------
Glory to the Sin'doray!!!

Forum set by *Stella*. Thank you so much! Official image by Blizzard Co.

Userbar made by jah-jah. thank you so much :)
Oh, and the main thing, HERE AM I!
wkw427
post Dec 9 2009, 6:03 PM
Post #4

Cosmix Fairy

I just scroll down as soon as the banner loads. I know what you mean. But just scroll down icon_razz.gif

--------------------
A.K.A. BANJOGATE

Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

I give my sincerest apologies if anything that I have mentioned in a post or image by me or relating to me, any word, ASCII character, vowel or constant is to be considered offensive in your native tongue. If it is, remember you're on the internet.
humbu111
post Dec 9 2009, 9:16 PM
Post #5

Cosmix Fairy

I had the exact situation as Terri, but its more that it looks kinda weird if I seem to be staring at a bunch of cartoon chics the whole time. I would appreciate it if there could be like an alternate banner or something similar to how you could change to the holiday skin. (And I've tried that wkw, lol and although it does usually work, its hard to do sometimes and could look suspicious as if you have something to hide if you keep scrolling down so quickly). Btw, about the avis and siggies, you can disable them really easily so they're not a problem.

--------------------

Credits to Bre for the forum set, and Ditty/Esca for the userbar :D

Administrator
post Dec 9 2009, 11:26 PM
Post #6

Mythix Fairy
Group Icon

Group: Site Admins

If you don't want to look at the logo, place this in Stylish in Firefox:
CODE
@namespace url(http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml);

@-moz-document domain("magixclub.com") {
    #logostrip {
        display: none !important;
    }
}

Or if you're using IE...
Copy and paste this into a file:
CODE
#logostrip {display: none !important;}

Save it into a place that won't annoy you.
Afterwards, open Internet Options, Accessibility, Format documents using my style sheet and browse to that file. (You may need to choose 'All files' instead of 'Stylesheets' in order to see it)

(bonus: how to nuke signature images without actually disabling signatures)

--------------------
mcfo...@live.com
terriordx32
post Dec 10 2009, 8:20 PM
Post #7

Cosmix Fairy

I dont think public computers can be tampered with? but i will definately try that next time.

--------------------

Thanks Cami!!!
mightymarty2
post Dec 10 2009, 8:36 PM
Post #8

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Group: Admins

I would be careful doing that as i know tampering with my old schools computers would get you banned from the computer and even suspended
Reason for edit: needed to make clearer

--------------------
*stella* created this wonderful avatar and SpiderBraids for the rescue and Angel Darkstorm this wonderful signature
Boo
post Dec 10 2009, 11:44 PM
Post #9

Cosmix Fairy

QUOTE (mightymarty2 @ Dec 10 2009, 09:36 PM) *
I would be careful doing that as i know tampering with my old schools computers would get you banned from the computer and even suspended

Same goes with our school - we're even keylogged (yes, our old tech-guy is spying on us... How terrific). o_O That and we can only use an old version of Internet Explorer - no Firefox or Safari for us.

So yes, going with what Marty said, I'd definitely recommend taking a look at your school's policies before tampering with browsers... Wouldn't want you to get in trouble. :/

--------------------
When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door, that we do not see the one which has opened for us. -Helen Keller
Administrator
post Dec 11 2009, 12:19 AM
Post #10

Mythix Fairy
Group Icon

Group: Site Admins

If your school policies allow using USB flash drive/thumb drive/pen drive/whatever, then you can use Portable Firefox. (it's like the normal Firefox except you can take it anywhere you go)
http://portableapps.com/apps/internet/firefox_portable

Be sure to check their applications listing as well:
http://portableapps.com/apps
There's programs like messengers, e-mail clients, text editors, image editors and even games.

Of course, your school policy dictates which programs that you can use.

--------------------
mcfo...@live.com
Abdu 6b
post Dec 11 2009, 1:01 AM
Post #11

Tynix Fairy

OMG terri I was once in the same situation! I used the corner computer whenever I could. But for some reason almost all websites including this one. So I can wait till next year for high, then I gotta think about being in a situation like this again. I wonder if they have Firefox in high school.

--------------------
Thank you Shaylo for the awesome signature.
terriordx32
post Dec 11 2009, 6:10 AM
Post #12

Cosmix Fairy

I still think there should be a new skin, for people who dont want to be seen on a fairy site, to switch to. I dont think it would be much of a hassle, just like how we had the Holiday Greeting skin under the scroll bar, the new skin could be the same. I'm pretty sure there is a skin that could be made to tie into the Magix Theme, but also give others protections.

For Example: If there was a new skin Made, it could be like Black or Dark Blue, and the Banner could say something Like MC Forums. I think that would even be better.

--------------------

Thanks Cami!!!
terriordx32
post Jul 26 2010, 9:07 PM
Post #13

Cosmix Fairy

*POKE*

I think along with a new banner, we could use a new skin....for the exact reasons that i made months ago. We could have another forum skin, and then maybe a boy skin, and maybe a skin that doesnt have fairies on it period

--------------------

Thanks Cami!!!

Add Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 8:50 AM