Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Add Reply
> What's your favorite animated movie of all time?, Besides Winx Club...
Teh_Exorcist
post Sep 7 2009, 10:48 PM
Post #1

A True Fairy

Group: Members

For me it would be Aqua Teen Hunger force the Movie. It was so messed up and it put together the pieces of why all the characters were there and how they came to be. I thought it was pretty creative if you ask me. Although, I do like the series a bit more.

--------------------
Call me Ishmael, for my name is all but dust.
Go to the top of the page
winxclubrox23
post Sep 7 2009, 10:51 PM
Post #2

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Journalists

Pocahontas! No! Beauty and the Beast! Oh, oh! Little Mermaid! Sleeping Beauty? Ummmm.... Swan Princess...

Holy jeez, this is just a tad bit insanely hard.

--------------------

Thanks to Ditty for the userbar! Llamas by CookiemagiK on DA
P-girl
post Sep 8 2009, 7:09 AM
Post #3

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Honor Members

I think I'm going to go with Wall-E
Jahnavi
post Sep 8 2009, 8:58 AM
Post #4

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Former Staff

Mine has a 99.99% chance of being would probably be a Disney movie. And I'm going to go with Disney's Beauty and the Beast, the Little Mermaid, Anastasia, Mulan and Wall•E, for now, at least.

[EDIT: Ooh, and maybe Ratatouille (sp?) and Aladdin, too... ^^"]

This post has been edited by Jahnavi: Sep 8 2009, 9:01 AM

--------------------
"We read to know that we are not alone." - C. S. Lewis
P-girl
post Sep 8 2009, 9:01 AM
Post #5

Cosmix Fairy

I also have to give Waltz with Bashir an honorary mention, one of the very few movies that made me cry.
Winx4eva!
post Sep 8 2009, 2:33 PM
Post #6

Cosmix Fairy

Hmm...that's a hard one...=P
But I guess it's gotta be, Kung Fu Panda {No, seriously, that movie really rocked xD} and umm...Tinkerbell!

--------------------

--- www.mishiiheart.blogspot.com ---
fullmoon
post Sep 9 2009, 4:31 AM
Post #7

Cosmix Fairy

I don't know which is my favorite since there are so many that I love but I do know that I just recently watched Spirited Away and I loved it. ^^ It had a nice creepy elementy to it too.

--------------------

I am not WEIRDhopefullyI think

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." ~ Albert Einstein
Tash
post Sep 10 2009, 11:28 PM
Post #8

Harmonix Fairy

THE SIMPSONS MOVIE XD

--------------------
winxclubrox23
post Sep 11 2009, 12:15 AM
Post #9

Cosmix Fairy

Okay, I've narrowed it down to: Pocahontas, Beauty and the Beast, Swan Princess, Sleeping Beauty, Little Mermaid 1, 2 and 3, Aladdin, Hercules, Hunchback of Notre Dame, Monsters Inc, Bugs Life and Toy Story. Not to mention Peter Pan 1 and 2, Lion King 1, 2, Tinkerbell movie, Mulan annnnd Tarzan

I've still got some work to do.

This post has been edited by winxclubrox23: Sep 11 2009, 12:16 AM

--------------------

StellaRocks
post Sep 20 2009, 7:32 PM
Post #10

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Senior Member

Ok i got this

Disney's Beauty and the Beast, The Little Mermaid 1 2 and 3, Anastasia(Not disney but LOVE it), Mulan 1 and 2, Aladdin 1 2 and 3, Hercules, and Tinkerbell(I can't wait for the new one!).

Um i think that is it...

--------------------

"Don't ever forget that with each step a person is able to take on their own, they have become that much stronger." ~Tamahome
Toriamelio
post Sep 20 2009, 7:48 PM
Post #11

Cosmix Fairy

Ah jeez how can I narrow it down?! ok I'll try. Disney's Beauty and the Beast, The Little Mermaid 1 2 and 3, Anastasia(Not disney but love it to stella), Mulan 1 and 2, Aladdin 1 2 and 3, Hercules, Pocahontas, Swan Princess, Sleeping Beauty, Hunchback of Notre Dame, Monsters Inc, Bugs Life and Toy Story, Peter Pan 1 and 2, Lion King 1, 2, part 1/2, Tinkerbell movie, Tarzan 1 and 2. I think thats it...

--------------------

*Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else.*
Thanks for the set Breana!
winxclubrox23
post Sep 21 2009, 12:22 AM
Post #12

Cosmix Fairy

Oh! I forgot about Anastacia! I love that movie too!

--------------------

P-girl
post Oct 23 2009, 1:59 PM
Post #13

Cosmix Fairy

Warning, lots of text and rambling.

I have one that isn't my favorite of all time, but is definately up there with the creme-de-la-creme and by far the best anime-movie I've ever seen:

Ghost in the Shell; Innocence.

Now, before I get torn a new one because it isn't Spirited away or some other Miyazaki movie. Yes. I do love those movies. But I love them the way I love Lord of the Rings: I know they're special and probably the best out there in their field, but they aren't for me, personally.

Innocence is.

For those unfamiliar, Ghost in The shell is a franchise that takes place in the near future, where Artificial limbs and bodies are so advanced, just like the A.I., that the line between robots and humans fades, and this movie/manga/Series seem to question where humanity stops, and where technology begins.

I'm not gonna lie, this movie is difficult, distant and not very accesible for people not familiar with the source franchise. But it's part of the charm.

We follow the Cyborg named Batou, an agent working for a section in the government named Section nine, on his quest to find out why a certain type of female Geisha robots called 'Gynoids' are going berserk and killing their owners. This takes him and his fully human partner Togusa trough a number of locations and dangers, all the while questioning what it means to be human, and just how human the robots have become.
One of the prime strengths of the movie is the visuals. From a back alley in the beginning, to a sterile lab, to a sci-fi city where a historical festival takes place, to a mansion that has got to be the most creepiest, screwed up building ever, the visuals are stunning, meshing traditional 2D animation with (At that time new and still stunning) 3D visuals and backgrounds.
Storywise, it's mostly calm, if not disturbing and unsettling, but has bursts of action and violence that seem to hit home all the harder because of it. It's not always easy to follow and has a few holes here and there, but those are forgivable, because you got to admire the load they have to tackle.
I think my main reason for liking this movie so much, is because it's one of the purest Sci-Fi movies I've seen. There were many complaints about the over-use of phylosophical quotations and overthinking. But isn't that what Science Fiction is? Questioning how far science goes, and what the role of humanity will be in the future?
Then there's Togusa, Batou's partner and the second main character. Granted, he doesn't really do much or contribute to the story... but he provides something far more important: relatability. In a world nearly overrun with Cyborgs and robots (Togusa is the only human with any real 'stage-time'), who are emotionally distant, even at times they aren't supposed to be (Like Batou's moments at home with his dog. Those are very strong scenes, and soften Batou up. But he's still a very distant person.), he's the most relatable and emotional. We see him angry, scared, disgusted or at times just bored or completely lost. It provides a nice counterpoint to Batou's 'badassness' and emotional distance. He's also a bit of a tragic figure. In the previous movie, Batou lost a good friend/colleague/love interest named Motoko, and Togusa feels as if he's her replacement, and he all to well knows he can never do that,. This makes him feel lost, insecure, and probably even a bit jealous at times. But I think that in the end, he realises he can never replace her, and shouldn't, he isn't Motoko, he's Togusa, and altough it isn't as apparent as in other Ghost in the Shell continuities, in the end, these two have developed a powerfull friendship that will last till the end.

/Ramble.

Sorry for the overall incoherence of that. There's just.... so many things I love about this movie. I didn't even get to the awesome CGI opening, or the Parade, which has nothing to do with the story, but is just so atmospheric and awe-inspiring that it deserves an oscar. Or that it has one of the best 'Mind-screws' ever put on celluloid, making even the viewer question just what the frell is going on.

Not the most accesible movie, but if you're up for it, highly reccomendable.
Dark_Side_Master
post Oct 23 2009, 4:42 PM
Post #14

Mythix Fairy

defenetly, World of Warcraft: legends of the past III. fan made, but genius. official WoW movie is comming, im waiting with impatience!

--------------------
Glory to the Sin'doray!!!

Forum set by *Stella*. Thank you so much! Official image by Blizzard Co.

Userbar made by jah-jah. thank you so much :)
Oh, and the main thing, HERE AM I!
W.I.N.X
post May 31 2010, 11:47 AM
Post #15

Cosmix Fairy

Oooh! Kate realizes after a re-watch yesterday of one of her favourite Disney movie's she never posted here.

Soooo, I have fiveSIX top favourite Disney Movie's ever. I like the others sooooo much, but these ones I'd take to a desert island. Soooo, The Lion King, Hercules, The Beauty and the Beast, Hunchback of Notre Dame(but serious, where is the surprise with those two?) annnnnnd Mulan. Six siixx-Can't forget Aladdin!

I love Anastasia too.

I watched Hercules for the record.

This post has been edited by W.I.N.X: May 31 2010, 11:55 AM

--------------------

Badge by Morny.
Personal Photo made by sailorvs4
Jahnavi
post May 31 2010, 12:23 PM
Post #16

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Former Staff

Zomg, me too. And I might throw The Little Mermaid in there too. I don't think I could ever pick just one, all-time fave Disney movie. xD

--------------------
"We read to know that we are not alone." - C. S. Lewis
Ranma
post Jun 3 2010, 2:42 AM
Post #17

Cosmix Fairy

Probably a tie between the Corpse Bride and the Little Mermaid. As far as anime goes I loved Howls Moving Castle.

--------------------
Hanna
post Apr 16 2011, 1:05 AM
Post #18

Cosmix Fairy

My fav anime movie... hmm how do i pick just one, i don't think i could... all i can say is my favs are sailor moon movies and dbz movies.

--------------------

“You must love yourself before you love another. By accepting yourself and fully being what you are, your simple presence can make others happy.”
Forum set by Fa Fa thanks alot ^^
Zentron
post May 3 2011, 10:34 PM
Post #19

Butterflix Fairy

Without a moments thought or hesitation, I can say my fave animated movie of all time is Tenku no Shiro Laputa aka Castle in the Sky Laputa

--------------------

- My Winx Club dedicated forum. Wallpapers, images, games, Rai English episode D/L, etc.
cupcake12winx
post May 4 2011, 9:25 PM
Post #20

Pixie

Besides the Winx movies, Tangled. A close second is The Little Mermaid, and basically all other Disney/Pixar movies I like tie for third.

Add Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 27th May 2024 - 11:38 PM