Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

7 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Add Reply
> Which English Version Of Winx Club Is Better?
4kids or Rai?
Which one do you like better?
4kids English [ 20 ]  [33.33%]
Rai Englsh [ 40 ]  [66.67%]
Total Votes: 58
Guests cannot vote 
Hirondelle
post Aug 13 2008, 6:05 PM
Post #41

Harmonix Fairy

Group: Members

QUOTE (RenaEnchantix @ Aug 13 2008, 06:58 AM) *
I think it's rather obvious that 4Kids doesn't actually care about kids, or really anything american that doesn't involve them. Alfred Kahn has been castigated for a statement made in a press conference. he said that manga is a failing market because american children don't/can't read...when if he looked at the facts Manga is an ever growing market that's becoming more and more popular. I think he also said that children can't understand that there are other cultures in the world, which is why his company changes so much about their shows. I think Naruto and Dragonball are proof that children can indeed embrace other cultures. I know Dragonball doesn't take place on earth, but it's still japanese culture (I believe, I don't honestly know since I never liked the show. I will go see the live action film though, out of curiosity). and Naruto has a lot to do with Japanese culture (again, not 100% sure, but come on) and that show was doing really well for a while.

That's what I really hate about 4Kids, they're ignorant and controling. back when they had a vote to show which new tv series would have a sneak peak they altered votes so that a show about racing showed when actually Mew Mew Power got the most votes, and then when Mew Mew Power became their most popular show they cancelled it, brought it back, then tried to get the rest of the series. I was happy when they tried to get the rest of the series because FINALLY japan got wise of what was happening and WOULDN'T LET THEM HAVE IT!!! then they liscensed Pretty Cure, and then lost the liscense. Now Rainbow S.r.L. isn't letting them have the Winx Movie, or at least I believe that's what's happening. I remember somebody on this site contacted 4Kids and got a reply saying they were trying to get the movie, but weren't allowed to have it yet.

sorry, I really dislike 4Kids. my rant is over. if there's anyone from 4Kids here, sorry if I offended you, it's just how I feel.
Wow, I knew 4Kids was more money oriented, but some of that I didn't know. I'm amazed Kahn would make such a statement, that's ridiculous. I don't understand their logic, if they REALLY care about kids, why is it that they believe American kids can't understand other cultures in the world so they need to American-ize everything? Why is it that they typically rely on foreign shows and dub them if they have to change many things? Why they don't produce their own god-awful shows? They should know it's their duty to teach kids of other cultures and stop limiting learning because they "can't understand". It's either someone takes that company down or bring up one better that knows how to do the right thing. Seriously.
This company is a complete joke, they even think they're getting all the money out there that there is for them possible, when in actuality, they're hurting the shows original company and they're getting only fractions of what they could be getting. We all know that if Winx was as true as the RAI, we'd be happy to spend money on dvds (well, those of us who've never heard of torrents and/or really supports what we love and want to keep it on the air...) and we wouldn't have to resort to the means of ordering online and trying to download the RAI version. (btw, 4kids is really screwed from the fact this show has it's own English version, not many other shows have that kind of luxury, usually it's just subs. At least, this is the first show I've ever seen to do so.) They think the only money out there is from little kids, when we older fans know that we and other fans like us would certainly be attracted to it, especially the fact it's in the country and shipping over seas wouldn't be a complete necessity.

I can't believe they'd stoop to the level to alter votes in a poll JUST so the show they wanted to play, that's ridiculous. Also, Mew Mew Power was absolutely horrible, I spent quite a while on Youtube watching comparison videos and I saw how terrible they made things. I'm glad they can't get the rest of the series and producers of shows won't let them dub their shows; it's about time they do that. I'd be pretty pleased if they couldn't get the rights to dub the Winx movie, I don't care about them if there's going to be a sub here or if they make the RAI english. I wonder though, if they can't get the movie, the second movie is out of the question, but what about the 4th season? If they can lose the licensing, and that flyer didn't have 4kids on it...can it be a possibility? I'd like to email them, but I know it'd be unpleasant. Along the words of, "I would like to know if you still have the rights to butcher up the Winx Club's season 4, or if it Rainbow S.p.A. finally wised up and decided you weren't fit for the job." and that wouldn't really be productive, now would it?

QUOTE (Zentron @ Aug 13 2008, 07:38 AM) *
Unfortunately, you've hit the nail on the head, they don't care! They've removed all the morals teachings in the series and replaced them with nothing more than "I GOT SPELLED!!" or some similar lame excuse, rather than show the characters dealing with their personal dilemma's/emotions/etc, they just pawn them off... which is wrong in my books, and counter-productive!

A lot of what they've done is just pointless, no reasons what-so-ever, and others just silly! Even if 4Kids have bought in at least two voice actors who have more experience in acting or sound OK for the characters they portray, I still can never bring myself to ever say that 4Kids have done anywhere a decent job on their adaption of the show for their eyes! Or even on the pointless notion of that I saw the 4Kids version first, does not sway me in my choice of the Rai over 4Kids!
It's extremely wrong! I seriously feel like I'm watching the show and learning about the characters for the first time in the RAI english. Musa's episode was done really great with her narration. It was extremely different and surprisingly deep for the show. Unfortunately 4kids made me not like the episode at first. But honestly, it feels like they made them into dumb little valley girls that have no problems in the world, other than the Trix. &honestly it sounds like Bloom cares about her family more in the RAI than the 4kids, that's just what I get though.

The only show I thought they did okay, BUT for only the first season, was Pokemon. I thought the voices were good for the roles (excluding poor Gary...) But of course, it got worse and worse. I think I just have an emotional attachment because I was like...8. That's 10 years ago for me but I still remember the first episode I watched and where I was. xD I get very nostalgic.

GACK. Sorry, long post. D: Big rant.

This post has been edited by Hirondelle: Aug 13 2008, 6:06 PM

--------------------

Faedust Charms
Go to the top of the page
humbu111
post Aug 13 2008, 6:30 PM
Post #42

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Former Staff

Just curious (sorry I have nothing to say in reply to Hirondelle's post), but I have a quick question for anyone whose seen the RAI episodes. In episode 44 (season 2 episode 18), in Cloud Tower, when Stella and Musa were arguing, they were arguing "Top Five", like music albums or something in the 4kids version. What were they arguing about in RAI version?

--------------------

Credits to Bre for the forum set, and Ditty/Esca for the userbar :D

Hirondelle
post Aug 13 2008, 8:33 PM
Post #43

Harmonix Fairy

It's okay. I think Stella was wanting to take it easy and sit around while Musa disagreed saying they should be working and not loafing around. I think I've seen the scene before, I'll try to find something for it for you.

Here's the video for it, it's near 4:40 in the video.

This post has been edited by Hirondelle: Aug 13 2008, 8:46 PM

--------------------

Faedust Charms
humbu111
post Aug 13 2008, 9:01 PM
Post #44

Cosmix Fairy

Okay, thank you, Hirondelle. So they edited it so that Stella doesn't look as bad.

--------------------

Zhanneel
post Aug 13 2008, 11:08 PM
Post #45

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Group: Admins

QUOTE (humbu111 @ Aug 13 2008, 05:01 PM) *
Okay, thank you, Hirondelle. So they edited it so that Stella doesn't look as bad.

*rolls eyes*

Okay, so basically there are two sets of characters: those from the 4kids, and those from the Rai version. Too bad I'm used to the 4kids version now, so watching the Rai version is like watching a whole new set of high school girls. They are at times completely different cartoons.
humbu111
post Aug 14 2008, 1:41 AM
Post #46

Cosmix Fairy

Yeah, lol, its almost like 4kids edited the character personalities to make them perfect.

--------------------

Hirondelle
post Aug 14 2008, 6:34 AM
Post #47

Harmonix Fairy

Yeah, it's pretty strange how different they are. The personalities in the 4kids version are so sickly "princess-y" and valley girl that that's probably another factor to why the show isn't perceived so well in the US. <<;

--------------------

Faedust Charms
Zentron
post Aug 14 2008, 7:42 PM
Post #48

Butterflix Fairy

QUOTE (RenaEnchantix @ Aug 13 2008, 03:58 PM) *
I think it's rather obvious that 4Kids doesn't actually care about kids, or really anything american that doesn't involve them. Alfred Kahn has been castigated for a statement made in a press conference. he said that manga is a failing market because american children don't/can't read...when if he looked at the facts Manga is an ever growing market that's becoming more and more popular. I think he also said that children can't understand that there are other cultures in the world, which is why his company changes so much about their shows. I think Naruto and Dragonball are proof that children can indeed embrace other cultures. I know Dragonball doesn't take place on earth, but it's still japanese culture (I believe, I don't honestly know since I never liked the show. I will go see the live action film though, out of curiosity). and Naruto has a lot to do with Japanese culture (again, not 100% sure, but come on) and that show was doing really well for a while.
Just want to correct you on one point in that paragraph! Al did not say Manga was a failing market because kids can't read, he said Anime was!! Which is really dumb and why he was castigated, as you so nicely put it (castigated, I don't use that word much... I should, 'tis a good word)!

--------------------

- My Winx Club dedicated forum. Wallpapers, images, games, Rai English episode D/L, etc.
Hirondelle
post Aug 15 2008, 12:57 AM
Post #49

Harmonix Fairy

Nah Zentron, I think Rena might've had it right; I started looking up Alfred Kahn, and this article came up. It's about Manga dying in Japan and him saying, "Manga is a problem because we are in a culture that is not a reading culture" which is extremely laughable. If we have a "culture that is not a reading culture" we should make it one, not simply make up an excuse and ignore it. Also, some woman stated that "Manga is a great medium to bring kids back to reading." which is pretty true. This guy just tries to cover up his mistakes by saying people/cultures are the way he says they are as a whole. I simply do not like him.

But honestly, in the US I think anime is shown in a slim light, almost negative. More people believe the stereotypes and thinks that it's all weird H stuff. I know one person had the audacity to say that Anime was one of the lowest form of animation.

Yeah....let that sink in for a sec. It's ridiculous! There are so many anime series that have amazing animation and beautiful direction, whereas typical US cartoonists try to take the easy route just using Flash. We're completely out of the golden age here.

--------------------

Faedust Charms
Zhanneel
post Aug 15 2008, 1:11 AM
Post #50

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Golden Age: Bring back 2-D Disney!!

That's my piece, I'm done =P
Music123
post Aug 15 2008, 1:32 AM
Post #51

Cosmix Fairy

Hirondelle I agree with u. U have convinced me, I used to think 4kids was good. I realised by watching it I never even realised the show was originally from another country, I though it was American. The characters were way too perfect and had no normal teenage problems, that made the Winx seem unrealistic. I made my decision. Go Rai English!!!!!!!!!! Woooohoooo!!!!!

PS Did anyone else noitice how fast the credits are in the 4kids version? It drives me crazy!

--------------------

Credits to love and winx for siggy
Hirondelle
post Aug 16 2008, 8:12 PM
Post #52

Harmonix Fairy

I'm glad, Music123! xD 4kids doesn't do the Winx Club any justice whatsoever, I think they ruined the shows reputation in America. D:

And that's what I say too, Zhanneel! A few days ago I caught a glimpse of the Goofy Movie from 1995. Even in that movie the animation was beautiful, how is it that no one ever does that good anymore! The animation industry has lost its heart with Flash. D:

--------------------

Faedust Charms
Zhanneel
post Aug 17 2008, 3:35 AM
Post #53

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

I wish the animation companies would listen to its faithful viewers (like us) and give back what we came to love! I honestly think Disney is killing itself with the overuse of CGI stuff. It's just not ...classic. And what is wrong with classic? They did all the great fairy tale stories. Now what do they do? Talking animals? ...not captivating. I don't think I've spent money to see a Disney movie since Mulan was in movie theaters?
Hirondelle
post Aug 17 2008, 6:23 AM
Post #54

Harmonix Fairy

Oh dang, since Mulan? That's hardcore. Hah, I can't remember honestly, I'm not a big movie person so I hardly spend money in theaters. Just thinking about this though, in the movie Enchanted, which I've never seen but I know there's some animation in it, that's like a horrible little tease. I really want to see Rapunzel unbraided though, I heard despite the 3D, it's supposed to look pretty illustrated, it's interesting to at least check it out since animation is one thing I want to get into.
But still, they really should listen to us...for some reason I bet they're going to do a "coke classic". Market the new stuff, then bring the classic style back and make even more money. icon_neutral.gif

Oh, and about the RAI, I think they changed Flora's voice in the second season. I adored her first season voice. <<; So now I think RenaEnchantix was right about her voice sounding too old.

This post has been edited by Hirondelle: Aug 17 2008, 6:25 AM

--------------------

Faedust Charms
Music123
post Aug 17 2008, 7:03 AM
Post #55

Cosmix Fairy

QUOTE (Zhanneel @ Aug 17 2008, 06:35 AM) *
I wish the animation companies would listen to its faithful viewers (like us) and give back what we came to love! I honestly think Disney is killing itself with the overuse of CGI stuff. It's just not ...classic. And what is wrong with classic? They did all the great fairy tale stories. Now what do they do? Talking animals? ...not captivating. I don't think I've spent money to see a Disney movie since Mulan was in movie theaters?

Well I think Disney will go back to 2D soon. I heard that Princess and the frog will come out in 2009. It is said to be the first black disney princess.

--------------------

Credits to love and winx for siggy
Hirondelle
post Aug 17 2008, 7:44 AM
Post #56

Harmonix Fairy

I'm glad you pointed that out, Music123! I didn't know they already had a image much less a TRAILER for the movie! That's such a site for sore eyes, I already adore the new princess! And the greatest thing of all for me, is that it's set in New Orleans, I knew that cajun feel just a few seconds into the trailer. x3 I'm happyyy

--------------------

Faedust Charms
dittadulla
post Aug 17 2008, 12:53 PM
Post #57

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Journalists

weeeeeee, a new disney-2D-animated-cartoon-style-classic-movie icon_biggrin.gif (I just had to use this mark between the words, it is a good word^^)

--------------------
Zhanneel
post Aug 17 2008, 3:00 PM
Post #58

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Ohhhhh, right, I had heard they were in the makes of that movie when they were advertising for Enchanted. I was interested in it, but since they had no pictures or previews at the time I guess I assumed it was some horrible tease for me =P. Thanks for reminding me! And an ethnic character, that's even better! =) Oh...even better, it's the Broadway style musicals I adored! I hope it lives up to its classic counterparts, and hopefully there's no more CG animation than there was in Beauty and the Beast or Aladdin. Now I'm excited ^^.
dittadulla
post Aug 20 2008, 4:53 PM
Post #59

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Journalists

I am too icon_mrgreen.gif

--------------------
Tom273
post Jan 21 2009, 9:20 PM
Post #60

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Banned

Ive only seen the Finnish version of Winx im currently watching Rai English version, looks good so far. I really cant decide if i like 4kids version better. I might like the Finnish version best lol.

--------------------

Thank you Jah-Jah for the awesome new forum set ^^

"A friend is one who believes in you when you have ceased to believe in yourself"

7 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Add Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 1:03 PM