Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Add Reply
> James Bond The Most Frustrating Game Series?
mightymarty2
post Nov 3 2008, 9:20 PM
Post #1

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Group: Admins

Hi was reading about the new bond game and to my dismay they have got rid of the driving by the looks of it as there was no mention of it.

If so this adds to the line of stupidity by the producers (i think it has changed hands from ea now, worryingly on a trailer one of the guns took me right back i am sure it sounded exactly the same, this has got me worries that the graphics will not be more realistic, thats only minor though) everything or nothing (in my opinion the best bond game), wall cover, hand to hand combat removed except hit the opponent with a gun (this annoys me on most games as you can beat someone up easier with a gun than shooting them, remember resistance walk up behind one of the strongest crimean if he did not notice you one hit dead, 2-4 hits depending on difficulty for weakest or at least half a cartridge (non headshot), then they remove other good parts co op, capture the flag, use other characters from the movie and the list goes on.

This is really frustrating and i was wondering if you could think of anymore frustrated series in terms of changes not game play

--------------------
*stella* created this wonderful avatar and SpiderBraids for the rescue and Angel Darkstorm this wonderful signature
Go to the top of the page
MorriganAensland
post Nov 3 2008, 10:19 PM
Post #2

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Members

Getting rid of driving might actually be a *good* thing. Very rarely due driving mechanics work right. (Flashes back to the driving level in Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machines before shivering* There's also whether or not the physics engine works well.

I mean no offense, Marty, but in my experience EA thrives on producing many sub-par sequels rather than genuinely solid additions to a franchise. Medal of Honor is one of the most blatant examples of this.

--------------------

Hey, look! My sig's back!
mightymarty2
post Nov 4 2008, 7:23 PM
Post #3

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Group: Admins

no offense taken, though i always liked the driving as normally one of the best levels, though i see what you mean the people there create burnout and need for speed and i think while creating both they screwed up and started to program bits into each other game and then could not be bothered to correct or how else do you explain free roam jumping from need for speed to burnout. Though both good games need for speed lost a bit of itself and in the demo of burnout it felt like they did not know what to do with it so told you to go smash up some signs.

Though it looks like need for speeds going a bit more traditional with getting free roam back (sigh of relief) though i would like to be able to drive like a mad man on free roam to test out cars without having cops chase me, even though i do enjoy cop chases except when you have to run around for a certain time limit and you end up with one and you cannot really do anything. Though i hope damage is removed on your car other wise thing of the repair bill everytime there is a cop chase

--------------------
*stella* created this wonderful avatar and SpiderBraids for the rescue and Angel Darkstorm this wonderful signature

Add Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 1st June 2024 - 9:33 AM