Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Add Reply
> The World Ends With You, Awesome DS game.
P-girl
post Oct 15 2008, 9:07 AM
Post #1

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Honor Members

Imagine this: You get dumped in an alternate version of a bustling city, you partner up with someone and you have to survive and do missions for seven days in the game of creatures called 'Reapers'. Lose, and you'll be erased from existence.

From the makers of Kingdom Hearts comes this awesome game, inspired by Japanese Pop-culture.

It's amazing. The artwork, the story, the characters, the fighting system. It's all so.... different (In the best way possible) from your average RP.... heck, from your average game, I can't help but be amazed.

Did I mention it has THE best soundtrack for a DS-game, period? Just listen to this:
Calling -Leah
Go to the top of the page
MorriganAensland
post Oct 15 2008, 12:18 PM
Post #2

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Members

I know what you mean, the game truly is amazing. I got the Gamestop's last version and I'm a little more than halfway through the game... and I love it. The battle engine is something that will make you hate it at first, and the fact is you have to get used to it. You can't get through fights without taking damage... or it's just very hard. It's kinda like DDR, where you have to find the rhythm in battle to work with.

My only complaint is that to evolve some pins, you need to link up with other people with DS's... and they're few and far between where I am.

And I like how Shiki yells at Neku so much at first and calls him out for being a jerk of a loner.

And Beat is made of awesome. More than anyone else in the game except for the coffee shop guy. And even then, it's a toss-up.

--------------------

Hey, look! My sig's back!
P-girl
post Oct 15 2008, 12:51 PM
Post #3

Cosmix Fairy

Beat totally Rocks, as does Coffee-shop guy (If only his actual name was a bit simpler...)
MorriganAensland
post Oct 15 2008, 2:28 PM
Post #4

Cosmix Fairy

Yeah... that's really my only genuine complaint to level at the game; if the name's more than two, maybe three syllables long, they get hard to remember.

The localization, I have to admit, is very good. It's on level with Phoenix Wright's.

--------------------

P-girl
post Oct 15 2008, 3:09 PM
Post #5

Cosmix Fairy

Yeah, luckily most characters with difficult names have such distinct features, accesories and/or personalities. There's Hothead Girly Reaper, Red Hoodie-reaper, Black Hoody reaper, Huge dreadlock Reaper, Crazy-Genius Reaper, Lollipop Reaper..... I think you know which persons I'm talking about.
MorriganAensland
post Oct 15 2008, 3:25 PM
Post #6

Cosmix Fairy

Yeah. Although I think the Crazy-Genius Reaper could also be referred to as "Math Fetish Reaper", if it's the person I'm thinking of.

--------------------

P-girl
post Oct 15 2008, 4:11 PM
Post #7

Cosmix Fairy

Yup, that's also a good name for him. Loving the tattoo on his wrist.
Asher Omega
post Oct 16 2008, 6:30 AM
Post #8

Butterflix Fairy

Are you talking about Zetta? seriously how can you forget the name of someone who makes Math AWESOME?

I don't own the game, I've seen a few vids of the voices set to music. I really want to get this game, but first things first, beat the rest of the games that I have sitting around.

--------------------

OMG I's got a color AVY, first one I ever had on this Forum! And now a new sig! blargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblarg
blargblargblargblarg.
P-girl
post Oct 16 2008, 10:01 AM
Post #9

Cosmix Fairy

Hold on.... you mean his actual NAME is Zetta? I taught it was a catch-phrase of some sorts.....
MorriganAensland
post Oct 16 2008, 12:49 PM
Post #10

Cosmix Fairy

Maybe he's like a Pokemon.

... Or a Zaku, for that matter.

--------------------

Asher Omega
post Oct 17 2008, 2:53 AM
Post #11

Butterflix Fairy

well, Like I said I haven't played the game. but most of what I've read he's referred to as Zetta. so maybe its a verbal tick. I don't know. he might just like referring to himself in third person. but he is definitely referred to as Zetta.

--------------------

OMG I's got a color AVY, first one I ever had on this Forum! And now a new sig! blargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblarg
blargblargblargblarg.
P-girl
post Oct 20 2008, 1:57 PM
Post #12

Cosmix Fairy

Okay, after a quick Wiki-search, I now know that Math-Fetish guy is named Sho Minamimoto. But I like his in-game nicknames better, especially the term 'Grim Heaper'...

*Spoiler warning*

And I have his cap, weeeh!
Zhanneel
post Dec 28 2008, 11:23 PM
Post #13

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Group: Admins

May I join? My name is Zhanneel and I am a TWEWY addict. However, it was only fairly recently that I started playing, from the recommendation of two friends (thanks Morri). I'm also only in the first week (6th day) so I think the real story is just now getting underway. At first the real time fighting (I think that's what it's called?) upset me. I was fearing for my (Neku's) life since I was at all the controls. I thought for sure I'd suck and it would be too hard, since I'm so used to turn-based games. But so far it's been good, and as long as I level grind for those hard bosses I don't fear battles too much ^^. Does anyone else have an urge to buy/make pins now? Lolz, I do. So far my favorite characters are Rhyme and Beat. From what I hear Beat is pretty kick-***, so I'm looking forward to that later.

And from your first post P-girl, you linked to my favorite song in the whole soundtrack listing ^_^.

My favorite quote so far is "Neku!! Take off your pants!". And it so happens I have a picture. Awesome. Those are some big, poofy shoes on Neku too.
MorriganAensland
post Dec 28 2008, 11:36 PM
Post #14

Cosmix Fairy

Lolz at the pic.

Since you've been jamming food down everyone's mouth, I think you should be fine. As soon as you can, buy lots of Brave+ pills. Only takes three battles to digest, meaning you can eat an indefinite number of them every real-life day and boosts your bravery by 20 points. Not good for keeping up the Synch rate, but there's ramen for that.

--------------------

Zhanneel
post Dec 29 2008, 12:17 AM
Post #15

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Group: Admins

Haha! The only thing they've been eating so far (and this is because I was stuck with only one food shop for a while) was hotdogs and orange juice! Oh, their poor stomachs. I'll look for the Brave pills as soon as I see them. A lot of the stuff in the shops is overwhelming my head, like the quest items and trying to unlock characteristics. So I'm taking each new feature and item in stride. Oh, and thanks of course =).
MorriganAensland
post Dec 29 2008, 1:20 AM
Post #16

Cosmix Fairy

Just remember to save 12 Scarletite so you can max out everyone's fusions. Beat, obviously because he's your partner for the final stretch of the game. Josh because, well, his defense is shoddy and offensively he doesn't start kicking butt with the Jesus Beams until Day 6 of week 2. And Shiki because it's so *easy* with her to max out her fusion points in comparison and you will use her for one fight at the very end of the game.

--------------------

Add Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 1st June 2024 - 8:21 AM