Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Add Reply
> Ds Games, help me!!
StellaRocks
post Sep 18 2008, 9:16 PM
Post #1

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Senior Member

ok i need some new DS games cause i played my one to many times that i know what is going to happen next so please post some DS games that you have played or sound cool please

--------------------

"Don't ever forget that with each step a person is able to take on their own, they have become that much stronger." ~Tamahome
Go to the top of the page
humbu111
post Sep 18 2008, 9:20 PM
Post #2

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Former Staff

i dunno if it somes in DS or not (sorry, i have next to no knowledge in gaming) but Mario Kart is always fun no matter how u play it...

--------------------

Credits to Bre for the forum set, and Ditty/Esca for the userbar :D

MorriganAensland
post Sep 18 2008, 9:55 PM
Post #3

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Members

Well, I have some good suggestions.

If you want some good, old-school side-scrolling action, the Castlevania and Mega Man ZX games are the best, bar-none. Dawn of Sorrow and the original ZX are the better of their individual pairs, in my opinion, just because of the spirit they carry. If you're also into shows like Naruto and Bleach, you can also import Jump Super Stars or Jump Ultimate Stars, which is a lot like Super Smash Brothers.

The various DS Final Fantasy games have also been getting very good reviews, and if you want an unconventional action-RPG, I advise playing The World Ends With You. It's a bit confusing at first, and the battle mechanics take quite a while getting used to, but it's still a fun game to play. Same goes for Super Robot Wars: OG Saga Mugen no Frontier, if you want to import it from Japan.

If you want a tactical RPG, then Final Fantasy Tacts A2 is a good bet for you as well. If you have an understanding of Japanese or just love Super Robot/Real Robot shows like Gundam, Nadesico, and GaoGaiGar, import a copy of Super Robot Wars W.

If you want something a little more unconventional and emphasizing characterization and a strong story, I say give the Phoenix Wright games a try. Not much action, but it's a good brainteaser, the humor is top-notch, and the games have all sold very well in America.

If you want Rhythm games, Elite Beat Agents, or you could import its Japanese equivalents.

A word of warning: if you get the option to ever buy or trade in for Hoshigami, DO NOT BUY IT. The game sucks.

--------------------

Hey, look! My sig's back!
Riiana
post Sep 18 2008, 9:57 PM
Post #4

Cosmix Fairy

Hmm probably like a Mario/Sonic game is what I would go for.
They keep me and my brother entertained on the XBox 360 icon_biggrin.gif

--------------------
MorriganAensland
post Sep 18 2008, 10:01 PM
Post #5

Cosmix Fairy

Well, if you want that, then you might want to the New Super Mario Brothers. It's just more of the same, really, but it's still a good game. There's also a couple of Sonic games out on the DS, but Sonic's story has been a tragic one of repeated failings.

If you like Metroid, then give Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow a shot. It's got a great atmosphere, tough fights, and a genuinely likable hero.

--------------------

Hey, look! My sig's back!
Riiana
post Sep 18 2008, 10:05 PM
Post #6

Cosmix Fairy

Hmm I might just try that out myself XD

--------------------
Zhanneel
post Sep 19 2008, 1:38 AM
Post #7

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Group: Admins

The only DS game I have actually loved all the way through (so far) is Zelda: The Phantom Hourglass. Fun all the way through. I completely recommend that one ^^.
Asher Omega
post Sep 19 2008, 1:52 AM
Post #8

Butterflix Fairy

all the suggestions so far are definite things you should try. I'd recomend Trace Memory (borrow it if you can, its short and can be beaten with in two hours) and Hotel Dusk if you really like games that are like Myst and such. while I haven't played Professor Layton, I've heard good things about it as well.

--------------------

OMG I's got a color AVY, first one I ever had on this Forum! And now a new sig! blargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblarg
blargblargblargblarg.
StellaRocks
post Sep 19 2008, 2:24 AM
Post #9

Cosmix Fairy

wow thanks guys i sure found some that i will check out

--------------------

"Don't ever forget that with each step a person is able to take on their own, they have become that much stronger." ~Tamahome
Anime Princess
post Sep 19 2008, 9:57 AM
Post #10

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Honor Members

well so far the only games i've played on a Ds is the sims 2 (thats pretty fun but gets boring too quick) sims 2 pets. mario party Ds that was a fun one

--------------------

Sorry i just think its better off this way

P-girl
post Sep 19 2008, 9:59 AM
Post #11

Cosmix Fairy

I don't know what you're into, but I seriously recommend both Advance Wars titles for the DS. And, if you're into rythm games, Elite Beat Agents is awesome to.
StellaRocks
post Sep 19 2008, 8:06 PM
Post #12

Cosmix Fairy

im into to pretty much any game that is not broing and i think i will check out Advance Wars

im into to pretty much any game that is not broing and i think i will check out Advance Wars

--------------------

P-girl
post Sep 19 2008, 8:10 PM
Post #13

Cosmix Fairy

Do it, it's the top game series for the DS and my favorite game-series of all time. Eagle rocks.
Ranma
post Sep 20 2008, 8:24 AM
Post #14

Cosmix Fairy

I suggest selling your ds and getting a psp (Sorry, when I was a tester I was on a ds 8 hours a day every day for MONTHS on end. That isn't including the overtime I was forced to endure)

That being said, you could try warhammer 40k squad command. I tested that one so my names in the credits ^_^
It is more like a turn based strategy game and it isn't an rpg. It has online play though so you can keep playing even after you beat the campaign mode.

I personally hated the game, but that's probably because I beat it atleast once a day everyday...

That being said, I heard they were remaking Ys1 and 2 for the ds. That's awesome.
I'd recommend Lunar: dragon song, but I've never played it, and my sister says that it doesn't feel like Lunar at all because the company that got the rights to it screwed it up.

So if they did remake ys, and you see it one day...go for it.

--------------------

Add Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 1st June 2024 - 7:34 AM