Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Add Reply
> A Problem I've Noticed With Hits On The Fanfiction Thread
MorriganAensland
post Dec 30 2007, 6:26 PM
Post #1

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Members

Specifically, as I've been working on my fanfiction, I've actually noticed something odd about this "hits" it's getting. It seems to me that nobody's really reading it, but that not the problem. In fact, it's because of that detail that I've found out about the problem.

Specifically, it seems that whenever I made a post, the "hits" would suddenly go up by four. Whether this was on purpose or not is beyond me, but I feel it is inappropriate and misleading to have such a bug in the system. I spend a good amount of time working on that and putting serious thought into what I write, so I'd like to know I'm not getting "false hits" that cause me to keep going and waste my time writing a story nobody's reading.

--------------------

Hey, look! My sig's back!
Go to the top of the page
Abby
post Dec 30 2007, 8:46 PM
Post #2

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Former Staff

Hmm, I have never noticed that before but thanks for pointing it out because a lot of people do write fan fics and it would be nice to know how many hits there really is for each story etc.
Boo
post Dec 31 2007, 2:25 PM
Post #3

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Former Staff

I didn't know about that problem either. Thanks for telling us.

--------------------
When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door, that we do not see the one which has opened for us. -Helen Keller
StellaRocks
post Jan 1 2008, 7:02 PM
Post #4

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Senior Member

i did not know that but it fun to read them

--------------------

"Don't ever forget that with each step a person is able to take on their own, they have become that much stronger." ~Tamahome
MorriganAensland
post Jan 2 2008, 4:41 AM
Post #5

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Members

Well, just made another installment... problem's still there. I've noticed also that when you make a post on any topic, it sends you back to the topic afterwards, which could mean you'd end up with two hits.

If anyone would be willing, could you take a look at my fic and just make a post (preferrably about its story/constructive criticism) and see if that causes the hits to go up more than once as well?

--------------------

Hey, look! My sig's back!

Add Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 12:25 PM