2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Add Reply
> Season 5 Trailer
lalande
post Mar 2 2012, 12:01 AM
Post #21

Mythix Fairy

Group: Members

I dont really like it in 3D because they dont really look like fairies anymore.

--------------------

Luke 101
Go to the top of the page
Abby
post Mar 2 2012, 3:20 AM
Post #22

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Former Staff

I think it will just take some getting used to.
Abby
post Mar 5 2012, 1:30 AM
Post #23

Cosmix Fairy

So I just watched the second winx movie, and I'm confused as to if Sky and Bloom are really engaged or not now, could season 5 start off with their wedding?
dreamywinxgirl94
post Mar 5 2012, 2:50 AM
Post #24

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Journalists

We don't know. =S I wonder about it, I just thought maybe not yet ready? Cause Season 5 looks like there are more missions to do. I don't think they will have the time to do the wedding. xD (Don't know, there were no info about it yet. ~I got a bit confused, Bloom wasn't wearing her engagement ring in Season 4. I thought it was the actual ring, but was wearing the White Circle's Ring which is Roxy's for protection.~)

Bloom and Sky were engaged since the ending of the 1st Movie. A bit of conflict in the 2nd Movie between the dark secret with Sky's father and Bloom's father. Then Bloom's father approved Bloom and Sky as they were the couple as meant to be. =)

--------------------

~Believe in Winx Dreams!~
DreamyWinx Will Always Be Remembered 2008-2015:

*Forum Set Made by Me.* xD

Abby
post Mar 5 2012, 3:36 AM
Post #25

Cosmix Fairy

Oh gotcha. I haven't watched the first one in a while, I was waiting for the nick version to come out to rewatch it. Plus I've only really seen it in Italian. I think it would be cool for them to finally do that in Season 5 sometime though, especially if they have been engaged for that long.
Zhanneel
post May 7 2012, 5:30 PM
Post #26

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Group: Admins

I have really been out of the loop for a while, so I just now got around to watching the trailers on youtube. This is going to be a very hard season for me to enjoy. I just do not like the 3D CGI. It does not compare to the colors, detail, and classic style of cartoon 2D-- the reason I began watching Winx and continued to watch for many years. I was even okay when the movies were made in 100% CGI. But to turn the girls even partly 3D in the cartoon, I have to say that's losing quite a bit of the magic that made Winx Club special to me. Backgrounds, special effects I can understand. But the characters should remain the highly detailed 2D animation that made the show what it is.

I know these are some strong opinions to have. I don't want to offend anyone who does like 3D animation. At times I don't mind it (i.e. Disney's Rapunzel). However, when a show starts out as one thing and then changes far from its original base down the road, I have a hard time accepting the premise of that change. Some changes are warranted and I will give them that (new characters, locations, some changes in art direction and special effects). I know I am probably mostly alone in this world when I put my foot down and hold fast to classic 2D. The world is changing, animators are all jumping on the 3D bandwagon, and it's an old timer's voice like mine that will continue to blather on about the good old days.

This post has been edited by Zhanneel: May 7 2012, 5:31 PM
P-girl
post May 7 2012, 6:16 PM
Post #27

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Honor Members

I say wait until we actually see it. Not because that's how I usually work, but because it's really unclear what they're going to do. Some sources say it's full CGI, other sources say it's full 2D, and others say it's a mix. It's quite confusing....
I personally wouldn't mind a blend, as long as it makes sense from a storytelling perspective. Like in Code Lyoko, where it's meant to show they're in a digital world. Or my own personal favorite; Galactik football, where they use it in the football matches, where the main action is.
I hope they're at least consistent with it, is what I'm saying.
Abby
post May 8 2012, 12:23 AM
Post #28

Cosmix Fairy

I'm a bit iffy on it since I'm not one for major changes. For example, I have noticed in season 4 (at least on nick) the animation is a bit different and just looks more cartoony (if that makes sense to anyone) than the previous seasons and I don't like it. Therefore I'm not big on the whole move to CGI, but I'm willing to see how it looks at least and like P-girl said, accept it if it will make sense in the story plot and be consistent.
Zhanneel
post May 9 2012, 12:13 AM
Post #29

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Oh yes, Code Lyoko did the 3D tastefully I thought, and it wasn't overkill either. It had a good amount of 2D to satisfy my classic tastes, and just a little bit of 3D. *cheers to an old favorite*

Not sure what they could do in Winx to make 3D/2D mix seamlessly, but it looks like I have no choice but to wait, bite my metaphorical nails a little, and then accept Season 5 in whatever format(s) it launches in. *crossing fingers* Please no overkill on the 3D.

Winx and 2D animation is like marshmallow cereal to my Saturday morning cartoon shows! (er, a while back Saturday morning cartoon blocks did exist, I swear!) This is to say, I'm not giving up my marshmallow cereal. Okay, I do realize they're not giving up the marshmallow cereal, more like adding in a bowl of oatmeal on the side. ...O_o Okay, what are we talking about again?!

To sum it up: Yep, I'm waiting to see more official trailers before I can put full judgment on anything, including the 3D parts. In the mean time, I hope they do some fantastic clean-up jobs on the 3D parts. If they don't aim for movie quality 3D, then it could turn out something like that of Dinosaur King... heaven help us if that is the case. Straffi does good quality though, I pretty much have to have faith in him.

And yeah, I also noticed the fudgy quality of the first few episodes of Winx Season 4. I wonder if they had to push those episodes out within a time limit in order to gain funding? Sometimes game designers need to throw together a playable copy of the game so they can market it to investors or even beta-testers. Maybe it was a situation similar to that.

This post has been edited by Zhanneel: May 9 2012, 12:13 AM
Abby
post May 9 2012, 2:05 AM
Post #30

Cosmix Fairy

I feel like it might be a change for the whole season. I haven't watched any of the season besides the first episode, but I remember when it first came out a couple years ago or so and seeing the new images and the animation looking different.
P-girl
post May 9 2012, 7:31 AM
Post #31

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Honor Members

QUOTE (Zhanneel @ May 9 2012, 01:13 AM) *
And yeah, I also noticed the fudgy quality of the first few episodes of Winx Season 4. I wonder if they had to push those episodes out within a time limit in order to gain funding? Sometimes game designers need to throw together a playable copy of the game so they can market it to investors or even beta-testers. Maybe it was a situation similar to that.

Probably. That's what pilots are for, right?
mightymarty2
post May 9 2012, 8:12 AM
Post #32

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Its a dangerous game to play. Using lower quality may put people off watching. Its even worse with demos as I know I have been put off games by poor demos.

--------------------
*stella* created this wonderful avatar and SpiderBraids for the rescue and Angel Darkstorm this wonderful signature
Zhanneel
post May 9 2012, 2:34 PM
Post #33

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Good points from both of you. Yeah, I'm not sure how far the animators should push the low quality, but I also know they have early budgets. It's a hard spot to be in. As long as they improved it soon after those bad quality episodes (which thankfully they did), they won back the crowd and my own faith in their quality standards.
Marswinx85
post Jul 26 2012, 5:15 PM
Post #34

A True Fairy

does anyone know what date in sept that season 5 is going to be released? or is it way to early to know?

--------------------
I am huge Sailor Mars fan and Winx fan!!!
Avatar credit goes to Screaming Romeo!
Sen
post Jul 26 2012, 5:32 PM
Post #35

Butterflix Fairy

QUOTE (Marswinx85 @ Jul 26 2012, 07:15 PM) *
does anyone know what date in sept that season 5 is going to be released? or is it way to early to know?

It's not been released yet. =(

--------------------

By dittadulla <3~ @_@

Winx Club & Rainbow -- Translated articles: http://incantesimo.lareveuse.net/

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Add Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 11th May 2024 - 12:42 PM